• Published 3rd Jul 2014
  • 733 Views, 14 Comments

Gone for 50 days (A PinkieDash fic) - 2fab4u



After Rainbow Dash passes away, Pinkie Pie writes to her in a journal.

  • ...
6
 14
 733

Day One

Day One

I remember this day very clearly. It was absolutely the worst day of my life. The day started out like any other day. I woke up when the bright sunlight hit my face. I felt Dashie's arm wrapped around me, like it is every morning. I turned around and there she was. She was staring at me with a beautiful smile on her face. "Good morning, Princess," she told me.

" Morning, Dashie," I smiled back. We didn't say anything for a while. I just lied in her arms for a few minutes. I had slept late the night before, so I was still very, very tired. I felt myself slowly closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep. I though Dashie wouldn't mind.


I woke up for the second time that morning, but when I turned around, I didn't see her. I thought maybe she was just in the shower or making breakfast or something, but it was really, really quiet. The silence is what bothered me. I stood up and walked around the house we had bought together. I looked around our living room, but she wasn't there. I started calling her name, but my dear Rainbow Dash wouldn't answer. This is when I got really worried. I started calling her name louder. I walked around our little house, and then entered the kitchen. I looked at the fridge and saw a note taped to it. I picked the note up and read it.

Dear Pinkie,
I am going out to practice for the Wonderbolt tryouts next week. Don't worry about me. I know you usually go with me, but I didn't want to wake you up. I'll be back at around 5.
~Rainbow Dash

Relief washed over me as I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. I then looked at the clock and saw that it was 3:11. 'Damn, I woke up late,' I thought to myself. I decided it wouldn't hurt to go one day without Dashie, though we really hadn't been hanging out in a while. She had been practicing for months now, which made me pretty upset, but at least it made her happy. I secretly hoped she wouldn't get into the Wonderbolts so that we could spend more time together, but I couldn't let her know that. I had to let her think that I supported her 100%. Anyways, I took a shower and when I got out, I just started doing a bunch of stuff I normally do.


Before I knew it, it was 6 o'clock. I started getting worried for the second time today. She said she would be back at around 5, but it was 6. I thought 'maybe she just wanted to stay out a little longer. The tryouts are this week.' I walked over to our small, rectangular table and sat on a chair. I started drawing a picture because I LOVE drawing.

When I was finished with my drawing I held it up and stared at it. It was a picture of the six of us. Me, Rainbow, Applejack, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rarity. It was very PINK! Hehe, I love pink. I covered each of our manes in glitter, and wrote B.F.F. in big blue letters. I walked over to the fridge and picked up a rainbow magnet and stuck it on there. I looked over to the clock and saw the time. 7:08. 'What? Dashie isn't back. Oh, no." I ran outside I had a really bad feeling about this. Rainbow is hardly ever that late.

I went to the field where she usually practices. She wasn't there. I started panicking and I thought I would have a heart attack or something. Right now, I wish I did. I wish I could disappear or something like that.

I started running around the town yelling Dashie's name. I could hear my hooves trotting along the cold cement. I started freaking out. I thought maybe she was with someone else. Maybe she was having an affair behind my back. This wouldn't be the first time she did this, though. She promised she wouldn't do it anymore, and that she loved me. Me being Pinkie Pie, I forgave her because I hate seeing anyone sad. When I came back to my senses I was slowing down. I saw a shadow laying down on the grass. There was no doubt that was Rainbow Dash. I walked closer to her as a smile came onto my face. I said something I can't remember clearly. As soon as I reached her I realized she was laying down. I thought she was just sleeping, and I flipped her over. My smile turned into a frown when I saw the front of her. Her muzzle was clearly broken with blood coming out of it and her mouth. She had deep cuts and bruises. A few gashes on her head and body. I could clearly tell that her leg was broken. I dropped to the floor and hugged her. I started crying my entire heart out. It was getting late, but I didn't care. Why was this happening to her? To me? Why was she suffering like this? Why couldn't it have been someone completely different. From a different country. Why the fuck was Faust doing this to us?

I just lied there in Dashie's arms for a while. when all of a sudden I heard her whimper. She was alive. I started crying even more then I hugged her tight, which made her wince. I let go and smiled. I told her everything was going to be okay. I started stroking her beautiful rainbow mane. I asked her how this had happened. She said she had attempted to do a double sonic rainboom, but had failed. Since she was alive, I tossed her on my back and started running. I was running to Sweet Apple Acres because it was the place closest to us.

We arrived in a few minutes. Rainbow Dash was coughing and whimpering in my back. I furiously knocked on the door to their house. I needed help now. Applejack opened the door and then she saw Rainbow. She gasped and her eyes widened, but all she said was to take her to the hospital, while she got the others.


We sat quietly in the waiting room waiting for someone to tell us how Dash was. Nurse Redheart walked in and told us to follow her. We did as we were told and followed her to the door of the room Rainbow was staying in. She said the doctor wanted to talk to us, and as if on cue, a stallion wearing a white lab coat and glasses walked out. I will never forget the words he said. "I regret to inform you that rainbow Dash won't make it.

Fluttershy was the first to cry, and then the others. I just stood there. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. It felt like my throat was burning. My stomach felt like I was going to throw up, and my vision went blurry. I couldn't breathe anymore as my vision went white. I actually felt myself drop to my hooves as I slipped away from consciousness...

Author's Note:

Faust is the pony equivalent of God or Jesus or something. This is my first My Little Pony fanfiction, so I probably didn't really do good. Criticism is allowed.