• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 1,449 Views, 33 Comments

Cutie Mark Bandits - Twi-Fi



Just as Applejack has done everything for her, Apple Bloom feels it's her turn to do something for Applejack; but what? There's no length she won't go to, to save her family, the farm and everything she holds dearly.

  • ...
1
 33
 1,449

A Place to Hide, a Taste of Wine.

"I can only cast one spell at a time!" An angry stallion's voice yelled into the night. "You four hold this thing up and I will cast a spell to mend the axle."

The stagecoach shifted as it was lifted out of the pothole. Apple Bloom heard them grunt and moan under the weight. "Now move it back a little, get it out of this hole."

"Oh is that all?" One of them asked, his voice huffing and straining. The stagecoach rocked and shifted around as it moved back at an uneven pace.

Apple Bloom looked down at the shackles on her legs, she couldn't wait until they were off. They had been on too long and were really hurting. Any time now... She put her ear against the wall listening to the agitated grunts of her captures now bearing the weight of the stagecoach but she was also listening for something else... something faint, like tiny hooves on gravel or –

Click.

Her head shot up and she peered at the back door opening slowly. At first she couldn't see anything, just desert. Then a small figure crawled into the stagecoach silently. The figure was very small, wearing all black but a puffy pink and purple mane and tail could be made out. The small pony was a unicorn; however, the pony's face was concealed behind a thick black masquerade.

"Sweetie, hurry." Apple Bloom hissed.

"Shh." Her horn lit up and a green glow formed around the shackles, her eyes squinted and her tongue stuck out a little for extra concentration. "This lock is tricky" She whispered. After a few seconds there was a soft click and the shackles opened. Apple Bloom took her time to remove them without making a sound. She massaged her fetlocks, the feeling was liberating to have those shackles removed.

There was a soft tap on the wall. Sweetie looked up with worry.

"That's Scoots' warning, lets go." She hissed.

Apple Bloom, more than happy to oblige sprung to her feet silently. She looked out to the open desert, the cool air was inviting. She jumped out the back of the stagecoach landing softly, Sweetie Belle right behind her.

"About time. They are almost done." Scootaloo hissed, she too was wearing all black and a masquerade. "It's good to have you back." Scootaloo quickly hugged Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom peered around the corner of the stagecoach to see four ponies huddled underneath, lifting it while the unicorn stallion was casting a spell. She turned to her friends and gave the silent 'let's go' look.

They darted off the road into the desert. In the night it was hard to see only having the stars above for light. Only a crescent moon was in the night sky, making barley enough light to see the sagebrush, Creosota brush, the occasional cacti and yucca trees. They focused on the lights coming from the small town of El Potro off in the distance as they galloped as fast as their little hooves would carry them through the soft sand.

"When we make it to El Potro we can hide there." Scootaloo said as she dodged a massive yucca tree.

"Where?"

"I will think of something Sweetie, let's just get there before they find us."

After running through what seemed like miles of thick desert brush, it started to thin out to sagebrush scattered sporadically, the soft sand now full of big rocks. They heard yells in the night air and they all knew what they were. The marshals have discovered Apple Bloom had escaped. They entered the outer parts of town and slowed to a trot. After a short time they entered the town square. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo quickly removed their black outfits and masquerades. They stashed them under a bench, up against one of the concrete blocks holding it up.

The town square was a wide open cobble stone area at the center of town. It often held several festivals during the summer. In the center stood a massive fountain featuring several tiers to it with the statue of a pony on top, looking over the town as if protecting it. Banners of a festival from earlier that day hung from lamp posts, confetti and empty beer bottles littered the cobblestone square.

"We need somewhere to hide." Apple Bloom panted, still catching her breath. She looked around the square to make sure no pony was around.

"You need somewhere to hide, they aren't looking for us." Sweetie Belle corrected.

"They probably are now. They asked me about you guys, they know you two are out there and they probably figured out you two helped me escape."

"Okay, we have a hotel room but they will probably search that –" Scootaloo was interrupted by loud ringing of the church bells, loud two-toned bells that could be heard for miles.

"FUGITIVE BELIEVED TO BE HIDING IN EL POTRO!" A stallion's voice boomed loudly, magically amplified. The three fillies shook with fear.

"I have an idea. We have to be quick though." Scootaloo whispered. Ponies began to fill the street as the bells continued to ring. "They've only had a good look at Apple Bloom right, so we just need to hide her in the one place they would never look. Sweetie and I can easily blend into the chaos in the town square."

"Sounds good, where's the one place they'd never look for her, though?"

"In a wine cellar."

"What?" Apple Bloom said outraged. "Scoots that is the dumbest thing ever! They are going to look in somepony's wine cellar."

"Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with Apple Bloom on this."

"Yes, they will look in all cellars but will they open up a wine barrel?" Scootaloo asked.

"If it's empty then yeah that would be a pretty obvious spot to hide." Sweetie Belle said.

"Who said anything about an empty one?'

"This is totally crazy. No way am Ah jumping into a barrel full of wine."

"No, I think Scoots is right, no pony would look in a barrel they believe to be full of wine."

"No." Apple Bloom said flatly.

"Do you have a better idea?"

There was a long pause before Apple Bloom responded. She could hear the sound of hooves cantering on cobblestone, she knew the marshals were getting closer. She sighed in defeat, "no, Ah don't."

"There's a big house and winery on the outside of town, hurry." Scootaloo didn't even wait for an answer as she bolted off the main road into an alley way. She could hear her friends on her tail, their hooves clopping loudly on the cobblestone. She could also hear the chaos of the townsfolk as the Equestrian marshals began their ponyhunt. Scootaloo made a sharp turn down a small avenue, ahead she could see the local policía patrolling the edge of town. She quickly dashed to a big adobe-styled mansion near the end of the street before the policía noticed. She pushed the rod-iron gate open then dashed to the side of the house. Scootaloo skidded to a halt in front of a cellar door on the side of the house.

"Quick, Sweetie... open this lock." Scootaloo said staring at a padlock on the cellar door. There was a green glow of light and a click as the lock opened. Scootaloo pulled the door open revealing a wooden stairwell descending down into a dark cellar. She paused at the darkness feeling a little uneasy, she didn't want to trap Apple Bloom in such a dark creepy place.

"Come on Scoots, hurry." Sweetie Belle hissed. "I think the police are coming this way."

Scootaloo needed no more encouragement. She slowly took the stairs lowering herself into darkness. Suddenly the lights clicked on and Scootaloo froze, her heart pounding. She looked behind her to see Apple Bloom with the same expression.

"Sweetie, did you t-turn on the lights?" Scootaloo's voice shook a little.

"N-no I thought you did."

"A- Ah think they are automatic."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, we use to have those fancy lights too. They come on when they detect movement."

"This could be a problem. If they come down here and see the lights on –"

"Don't worry about it, I'll make it shut off." Sweetie Belle said.

Reassured, they began to look around the cellar. The cellar was dry and cool, the air stunk sweet rotten fruit, the smell of fermenting grapes. There were tons of wooden racks full of dusty wine bottles and several large oak barrels. Scootaloo softly kicked one of the barrels resulting in a dull thunk.

"Sounds full." She whispered, moving on to the next with no luck.

"Over here, I found one." Sweetie Belle said pointing to a barrel in the back of the cellar. It was close to the stairs leading up to the house. "This one has probably half."

"There's just one problem. Ah ain't gonna fit through that little hole." Apple Bloom said jabbing her hoof at the tiny cork in the barrel.

"Not to worry. This whole top part comes off." Sweetie Belle said, lighting up her horn. A few seconds later there was a loud pop as the top of the barrel flew off. She released her magic and the pice of wood crashed to the ground with a clatter.

"Be quiet." Scootaloo hissed. "Apple Bloom get in, quickly."

Apple Bloom looked into the barrel, there was a little more than half a barrel of dark red liquid. She swung her hind leg over the barrel, straddling it. She looked down again and the smell hit her. "Ugh, this stuff smells horrid."

"I know. I'm really, really sorry. We'll get you out as soon as possible." Scootaloo gave Apple Bloom a long meaningful look.

"Ah know." Apple Bloom returned the stare then lowered herself into the barrel. The liquid came half way up her neck. The smell making her gag. The lid above hovered in a green aura, the light slowly diminished... then blackness. Apple Bloom inhaled sharply, she couldn't get enough air. Her body tensed up, shaking with fear.

"Apple Bloom, are you okay? Just breath okay." Sweetie Belle's muffled voice could be heard off in the distance. Apple Bloom focused on that, reminding herself to breath. She exhaled slowly, then inhaled. Her body relaxed a little as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She could see little rays of light coming through the cracks.

"I think we need to get her out of there." Scootaloo said with a hint of urgency.

"Ah'm okay. Just stay with me, as long as you can. Please?" Apple Bloom's voice echoed.

"We will." Sweetie Belle's voice said in the best comforting tone she could muster. Apple Bloom knew they were worried too.

"Just hang in there, I will go check the town. Sweetie will stay with –" Scootaloo broke off abruptly. Apple Bloom heard it too, movement coming from upstairs.

"We'll be back as soon as possible." Scootaloo whispered. Apple Bloom heard soft hoof steps moving away from her. "Get the lights Sweetie." There was a click then a soft plump, the sound of the cellar doors being closed. The room was totally dark now and Apple Bloom's anxiety started to return. However, she didn't dwell on it too long. There was a loud bang and the sound of muffled voices. The voices were getting louder and louder, she could make out what they were saying.

"Wake me and my wife up in the middle of the night! And you want to search my home! How dare you sir! We have rights!"

"Ah, but under Caballo law in the event of an escaped prisoner, we can search any building, any time. I apologize for the intrusion but if you cooperate this will be over quickly." A stern stallion's voice spoke quite clearly. Apple Bloom tensed up, she recognized that voice, she could almost see the sneer on his face.

"There are no fugitives hiding here! This is my summer home, my wife and I just arrived a few hours ago after a long train ride from Canterlot and an even longer delay at the station!" The angry stallion's voice shouted. Apple Bloom's heart twinged, she couldn't help feeling a little guilty. She knew her and her friends were part of the reason the train was delayed.

"Mister Noir. I don't care if it took you a week to get here! My deputy and I will be quick but like it or not we are not asking permission!" The stallion's strong voice commanded, the patience gone from his voice.

"Honey, just let them do their job." An exasperated feminine voice said. Apple Bloom assumed this must be Mrs. Noir.

"Constable, take a look on this floor and upstairs. I'm going to check the cellar." Apple Bloom tensed up. She knew it was the Lieutenant coming down to the cellar.

The was loud creaking of a door opening, the light flickered on and the sound of hooves on wood as a pony descended into the cellar. Apple Bloom held her breath, fearing he would be able to hear her breathing. She only hoped he didn't have some spell that would be able to detect concealed ponies. The sound of hooves grew closer and closer. They stopped and she could sense him looking at the barrel, she could hear his breath. She suppressed a gasp as the barrel vibrated with a loud thud.

"Hey! Be carful with that! That is my finest Pinot Noir from last year's El Potro wine mixer." Mr. Noir's agitated voice yelled.

"Can you open this?"

"Are you insane? No pony could fit inside there."

"I'm assuming the top comes off somehow."

"Yes but no pony could fit in there."

"Well, Mr Noir we are looking for a little filly that could very easily hide in one of these types of barrels."

"You can search my cellar but there is no evidence to suggest a little pony is hiding in my wine barrels." Mr. Noir said with outrage. "A filly escaped you guys?" He laughed a little. "What did she do to warrant Equestrian marshals to arrest her, rob a candy store?" He said sarcastically.

"We believe she was involved in – well it doesn't concern you, she's in big trouble. But I suppose you're right. An earth pony couldn't open this without leaving signs of tampering. But a unicorn could... this one sounds pretty full though."

Hoof steps could be heard moving away. Apple Bloom exhaled slowly, her body shaking. Never in her life had she felt that level of anxiety. To be literally less than two feet away from an Equestrian marshall and not be captured. Way to go Scoots! Thinking on your hooves.

"Cellar is clear." Soon after Apple Bloom heard the sound of hooves on wood, the slam of a door then total darkness. She made a soft splash as she shifted her position slightly. Finally the gravity of her situation started to sink in. If Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle end up captured, she was stuck in this barrel. Still, she tried to keep her mind from dwelling on horrible things like dying in a wine barrel but it was hard as she sat and waited. She took comfort in knowing that only one of the marshals got a brief glimpse of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Se knew they were smart and would avoid being seen but she still couldn't help but worry.


Sweetie Belle slammed the cellar door shut, with her magic she redid the lock to it. Turing her head she saw Scootaloo, flat against the house, her head peeking around the corner. Seeing how still Scootaloo was, Sweetie Belle decided to keep quite, getting against the house too. Just as her coat come in contact with the stucco she heard two loud thuds.

"Equestrian marshals! Open up!" A stallion's voice bellowed.

"I think you woke them up this time sir." Another stallion's voice said with uncertainty.

"Let's hope so. I'm getting tired of yelling." Just then there was the sound of creaking hinges. "I'm Lieutenant Ironhooves, Equestrian marshal. We are searching all homes in El Potra for a fugitive."

"Do-you -have-any-idea-what-time is?" An grumpy voice responded, the anger growing by the second.

"Sir we apologize –"

"It's mister Noir." The stallion sneered in a grumpy snobbish tone.

"Yes, of course Mr. Noir. We are looking for somepony that escaped our custody –"

"And you think that pony is hiding in my house?" Mr. Noir cut across rudely.

"Well, anything is possible. We are searching all homes among other places as well." Lieutenant Ironhooves explained in the most patient voice he could.

"Wake me and my wife up in the middle of the night! And you want to search my home! How dare you sir! We have rights!"

Scootaloo looked back to Sweetie Belle, who looked frightened. "Come on," she whispered, "they will be coming through the yard at some point." She poked her head around the corner seeing the coast was clear. It seemed the argument had moved inside but she could still hear the shouting from Mr. Noir. Scootaloo hoped the hiding place would work, Mr. Noir didn't sound like a very nice pony. Not wanting to be discovered, Scootaloo bolted from the side of the yard at a full gallop, Sweetie Belle not far behind. She ran down the road and back into the alleyway she had taken from the town center.

"Scoot's – what's–the-plan?" Sweetie Belle panted as she skidded to a halt right behind Scootaloo. They were at the very end of the alleyway looking onto the main road. Down the road the town square could be seen, lots of ponies stood around talking loudly. Some paced in confusion and annoyance, some leaned against a tree in some sort of sleepwear but most seemed to take the opportunity to socialize. Without a doubt, Sweetie Belle figured they were speculating as to what kind of fugitive was on the lose in their town.

"Blend in, pretend to be part of the chaos and confusion but stay close as possible. We want to hear if they –" Scootaloo couldn't bear to say it. She didn't even want to think about it. Apple Bloom getting caught again, after how far they've come – she wasn't going to let them catch her again. "We want to hear when they finished searching the town and leave."

Sweetie Belle could tell Scootaloo was worried, she was too. It was frightening, the whole situation. She knew the marshals didn't have an accurate description of her and Scootaloo, yet, but Apple Bloom spent a long time in close proximity with them. She tried to take comfort in knowing that it was unlikely they would be recognized if they stayed in the background. After all it wasn't uncommon to find an Equestrian in El Potro.

"The town is pretty small, it shouldn't take very long for five of them search it all. Let's get into the town center." Scootaloo stepped out of the alleyway casually, putting on her best sleepy-confused face, she entered the the town square. She could hear ponies jabbering away in Equestrian and Caballan.

"If you have seen this filly, please step forward. Any information is helpful." An Equestrian marshal walked around the town square, in his magical grasp he help a sketch of Apple Bloom high above his head. He repeated his statement louder. Some ponies shook their heads but most continued to talk amongst them selves and other's complained loudly.

"Can you believe this shit? I'm here to relax and we are being woken up in the middle of the night on some police raid." A stallion said loudly to anypony that was listening.

"I know, I'm down here all the way from Manehatten. I come here every summer and never had any problems." A mare responded.

Another mare chimed into the conversation. "I didn't want to leave my suite but the manager forced me out so the hotel could be searched."

Sweetie Belle decided to join the conversation as to appear she was part of the group to avoid suspension from the marshal or the local police. "Who are they looking for?" She asked.

"Some little filly... about the same age as you." The mare from Manehatten answered. "It's a shame too. So young – too young to be on the run from the law, especially Equestrian marshals."

"What did she do?" Sweetie Belle asked innocently.

"Who knows... and you're too young to know." The mare snapped. "Now be a good filly and find your mother, you don't want to get in trouble now."

Ugh you got to be bucking kidding me. Just because I don't have a cutie mark doesn't mean I'm a foal! Sweetie Belle pouted and stormed off. She saw Scootaloo walking casually behind the marshal, still pacing the square levitating the picture.

"If you have seen this filly, please step forward. Any information is helpful."

"Who is that? What's her name?" A stallion shouted.

"The name isn't important." The marshal responded.

"It is too important! What's your name officer?"

"I am Sargeant Shielded Saddle!"

"Sargeant, tell us her name!" The stallion shouted.

"The name makes no difference, just look at the face!"

"You don't know it." He sneered. "You don't know."

"I hear she's a total badass!" Scootaloo shouted, then ducked behind the stallion that had been shouting. He stunk like beer.

"Yeah she must be to have marshals after her!" It was at this time that most of the square had gone quiet to watch the inebriated stallion shout. "We should call her, La potranca sin nombre!" Many ponies in the town cheered. He started chanting, "la potranca sin nombre, la potranca sin nombre!"

More ponies in the square joined the chant. "La potranca sin nombre! La potranca sin nombre! La potranca sin nombre!"

The chant died down as two more marshals joined Shielded Saddle in the town square. "Search of the north and west sections of town complete, we didn't find anything. What's going on here Shield? Entertaining the crowd?"

"Just some drunk that rallied the masses." He sighed. "No pony here was much help, mostly just complaining about being woke up or hungover. And some," Shielded Saddle eyed the drunk stallion swaying back and forth with a goofy smile on his face, his eyes slightly unfocused. "Some are still drunk. Summer festivals..." He trailed off shaking his head.

"I take it Lieutenant and Constable are still at it?"

"He should be coming back soon. The houses on the south side are bigger and more spread out." Shielded Saddle said, he looked around to see most of the ponies had gone back to what they were doing before. He lowered his voice a little. "If you ask me, she made a run for the border, we are wasting time here. We probably could have captured her and been back in Equestria by now."

"Yeah but Lieutenant Ironhooves had to make sure. He is going to look like a fool on this. A filly escaping... and honestly, she was probably just a distraction so the real bandits could make a clean getaway. He is probably going to lose the case."

"Shh, here they come now." Shielded Saddle put a hoof to his mouth.

Sweetie Belle jumped as she felt a hoof touch her shoulder. Her and Scootaloo had been pretending to be a couple's children by standing close to them while listening to the conversation. She turned to see Scootaloo jerking her head to the side indicating Sweetie Belle to follow. Scootaloo broke into a slow trot straight to the alleyway as the five marshals and the local police stood in the town square discussing their next course of action.

"Hurry, I don't want to leave her in that barrel any longer." Worry began to fill Scootaloo as she realized just how long Apple Bloom had been trapped in that wine barrel. She was slightly relieved to know they didn't discover her but she feared the worse. "How could I have been so stupid! I should have never put her in that! If she dies in there I won't be able to live with myself. I can't –"

"Scoots, get a grip! We aren't going to do this now. She's going to be fine!" Sweetie Belle yelled. Deep down she shared Scootaloo's concerns but she wasn't about to make the situation worse. "Let's just hurry." They broke into a gallop down the alleyway.

I hope she's okay! I hope she doesn't hate me. I never got a chance to tell her...


As time went by Apple Bloom's mind filled with panic. What if they got caught? Then Ah'm stuck in this thing until Mr. Noir finds me and calls the police. Her breathing became heavy, each breath echoed off the walls of the barrel. She felt cold, not having any idea ow long she's been sitting almost fully submerged in wine, Apple Bloom was getting extremely uncomfortable. Her legs were cramped and the air stunk, she was getting light headed, fearing she might pass out Apple Bloom tried to focus on her breathing.

Apple Bloom had to move, she just had to. She uncomfortably shifted her position, the wine splashing against her lower jaw as she turned about. As she moved along the outer wall of the barrel she lost her hoofing and balance. She fell sideways, the whole barrel rocked. In her panic she jerked her body back the other way, her forelegs kicking wildly as her back legs gave out she fell sideways into the wine. Something hard connected with her head, sending dull pain through her as everything shifted. Her face was plunged under the wine as the whole barrel fell over on its side with a crash. Apple Bloom flailed about, she had no idea which way was up, left, right or down. In her state of panic she kicked her back legs as hard as she could; they connected with something hard. She kicked again and again, her head was spinning, she felt herself losing focus. She gathered up what strength she had left and bucked her back legs with everything she had. As everything faded she heard a faint crack, it sounded so far away... then blackness.


The two fillies ran at top speed to the mansion at the end of the street. The rod-iron gate flew open as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo galloped toward it. They came to a sudden halt on the side of the side of the house, not even taking a second to breath. Sweetie Belle focused her magic and opened the cellar door then they raced in, not flinching as the lights flicked on. Then they stopped dead, stricken with horror at the sight before them.

The floor had red liquid all over, the barrel lay on its side with several holes in it. The red liquid seemed to be coming form the barrel. Scootaloo felt her heart drop like a stone. It was the most horrible sight.

"Do, you think they..." Sweetie Belle trailed off looking at the floor, she did her best to step around the liquid on the floor.

"Something terrible happened – purple?" Scootaloo was looking down at the floor, her hoof smeared some of the seemingly red liquid that she feared was blood. But after accidently stepping in it, she could see it was actually purple. A wave of relief washed over her as she realized what must have happened.

"What?" Sweetie Belle shot Scootaloo a look like she was insane.

"This is wine. See?" Scootaloo dipped her hoof in a little and smeared it around. She put her nose to it and smelled it. "Smell it, it's wine."

Sweetie put her face up close to it and sniffed. Her head jerked back at the strong fermented oder. "Ew. Apple Bloom, are you okay?" She approached the barrel slowly, there was no answer. There were several cracks and holes where she apparently tried to kick through the barrel. Sweetie Belle used her magic to remove the top. Inside she saw Apple Bloom laying on her side unconscious. "Scoots, quick – help me get her out of here." Sweetie Belle tugged on one of Apple Bloom's forelegs.

Scootaloo stood transfixed at the sight before her. Apple Bloom was unconscious and she looked terrible. Her yellow coat was stained purple and her main and tail were a deeper shade of red, almost a burgundy color. Judging by the state of the barrel and an unconscious Apple Bloom, Scootaloo figured she must have had some kind of panic attack.

"Scoots! Help!" Sweetie Belle panted as she tried to drag her friend out of the barrel.

Scootaloo snapped back to what was going on in front of her, she joined Sweetie Belle and helped her drag Apple Bloom out of the wine barrel. Scootaloo held a trembling hoof under Apple Bloom's nose, she felt nothing. Dread overcame Scootalo as tears began to fall uncontrollably. "Sh-she's n-n-not breathing..." She stammered. "Sweetie, she's not breathing! Do something."

Sweetie Belle's eyes filled with tears. Feeling of horror in her as her heart ached. Doing the only thing she could think of, Sweetie Belle rolled Apple Bloom on her back. She put her hooves on Apple Bloom's chest and pushed down, hard. She pushed again and again but nothing happened. Sweetie Belle gave it one more try, she pushed her hooves against Apple Bloom's chest with all her strength.

The filly coughed and wine sprayed out of her mouth, her eyes opened wide and she gasped for air. Sweetie Belle sighed with relief, she pushed Apple Bloom on her side to allow her to catch her breath.

"Oh thank Celestia! I was so scared." Scootaloo said with teary eyes. "Sweetie, you saved her. You saved her." Scootaloo hugged Sweetie Belle tightly, kissing her on the cheek.

"Ugh what happened?" Apple Bloom asked, her voice was hoarse. She attempted to stand, her legs wobbled and she lost balance falling over on her side.

"Easy, easy. Just lay there for a little." Sweetie Belle said softly. She put a hoof on Apple Bloom's side to hold her down. "We found you unconscious. You swallowed a lot of wine."

Scootaloo kept her distance from Apple Bloom. As relieved as she was, it was still her dumb idea that got them in this mess. She was sure it was matter of time before her friend started shouting at her. She almost wanted her to, it would help her feelings of remorse anyway.

"They were so close. That Lieutenant Ironhooves. He stood in front of this barrel forever. It's like he could sense Ah was in there." Apple Bloom looked at the barrel, she noticed all the holes in the side. "Ah kinda got freaked out in there... Ah never want to be in a small dark place like that again. Ah was so scared... but it worked, they ain't found me yet."

"Can you stand?" Sweetie Belle asked. "We should probably get out of here. I don't think anypony will recognize you lookin' like that. I'm just going to take that bow out. It's icky anyways." Sweetie Belle pulled it off with her magic as Apple Bloom rose to her feet slowly. "You need a bath, you smell like wine."

Apple Bloom deadpanned. "Ya don't say?" Sweetie Belle backed up a little, her ears drooping. "Look, Ah ain't mad at y'all okay. We did what we had to. Ah just... Ah don't know, let's get out of here. Ah don't like this place."

Scootaloo couldn't help still being mad at her self. This whole thing was my idea. This whole dumb thing almost got her in serious trouble. Then my even brighter idea almost got her killed. Scootaloo thought miserably. She kept her distance following her friends out of the cellar. I only hope we get home and somehow everything will be fine... after Rainbow kills me for leaving home of course.When this is all over I hope she understands what we did... what I did.