• ...
14
 335
 9,865

Search

After a long and tiresome journey the train finally arrived at Canterlot station. Twilight looked out of the window and saw exactly what she expected. The platform was swarming with guards left and right, looking through passports and cases. Twilight turned to her friends, who were all ready to go.

"Alright. This is it, remember guys. From now on, we're not Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity or Spike. We'll meet up a the motel and then hopefully this will all be worth it. Good luck everyone. And Spike."

"Yes?"

Twilight leaned foward and muzzled the dragon on the chin. She smiled before concentrating and used her magic to cause a loud flash to engulf the room. As the two ponies in the corner opened their eyes they saw Twilight, but no Spike. Rarity jumped foward to the exhausted pony lying on the ground.

"Twilight! What happened?! Where's Spike?!"

"I'm right here."

Rarity turned around but nobody was there.

"Where?"

"Urgh." Twilight groaned. "I used one of my old spells. He's invisible to the naked eye but only for a few minutes. We need to move now before it wears out."

"Okay."

"Spike, stay with Fluttershy and don't wander off."

"Got it."

"Fluttershy. Remember."

"Big and brash, I know."

"Alright everypony, let's go."

Fluttershy was first to walk off the train. She was immediatley stopped by a tall stallion, almost causing her to loose her composure. He took out her fake passport and showed it to the guard, who gave her a quizzical look before leaning foward and saying.

"What's your business here?"

Fluttershy looked back at Twilight before looking at the guard in the eyes.

"Excuse me?! Do you know it rude to treat a pony such as myself like this. I am Feather Wing and I am here for a dress rehersal, so, unless you want to talk to my manager, I suggest you let me move on with my business." she said with a stern tone in her voice

The guard rolled his eyes before looking at his partner.

"It's not her!" He then turns to Fluttershy again, this time not as imposing. "I'm sorry ma'am, we are just taking precautions on security here in Canterlot. You wouldn't happen to know about three ponies and a dragon coming this way would you?"
Fluttershy huffed before walking pass the guard. She turned the corner with her head held up high.

"Nicely done." Spike said.

"Thank you. I feel kinda bad for that guard though. He was only doing his job."

Fluttershy peeked through the fence to see Twilight and Rarity walking past the guards.
"They made it!"

"Uh, Fluttershy, we'd better get moving. I'm not sure how long this spell lasts."

"Oh okay."

Fluttershy ran off towards the motel as Rarity and Twilight made their way to the library. They looked around the once beautiful town, shocked and stunned to see the city so lifeless and boarded up.

"Did Rainbow Dash cause all this?" Rarity muttered.

"Looks like it. It's amazing how fast panic travels. Unless she's already been here."

Twilight saw the farmiliar sight of her old library in the distance.

"There! That is where we'll find Meeny Moe."

"How can you be so sure?" Rarity asked, her voice filled with doubt.

"She took my place when I moved out to Ponyville."

They saw that the tall building was in much better condition than all the buildings surrounding it. They walked up to the large open doors to the library and walked into the reception. They immediately saw Twilight's friend, who was writing in a large book. She was a grey unicorn with a midnight blue coloured mane, and she wore a smart pair of glasses.

"What is it you want?" The unicorn asked with lack of enthusiasm. "I have a very busy day."

"Meeny?" Twilight said under her breath, clearly grabbing the unicorns attention.

"T! ....Twilight?" She whispered. Twilight nodded as she looked at her with a dumbfounded expression on her face. "Ahem. Follow me."

Meeny composed herself before walking away from the desk into an office, locking the door behind Twilight and Rarity.

"What are you doing here?!" Meeny whispered. "Do you have any, ANY idea how much trouble you're in?! I'm suppose to turn you in if I see you!"

"Meeny. I know this is a shock to you but I really need your help."

"Help? You want MY help?! .... No. Out of the question. I am sorry but you really must leave now!"

"Meeny please! I wouldn't do this if it wasn't important."

"I could loose my position you know."

"It's about Rainbow Dash!"

The words lingered in Meeny's mind, the look of fear suddenly growing on her face as she stood quiet and still.

"R-r-r-rainbow D-dash?" Meeny shivered. "You mean? T-the murderer?"

"N- .... Ye- ... I mean. *sigh* Listen we need your help in finding out how this all started and you're the only mare who can help us."

"Why me?"

"Because you're the only pony I can trust."

"You're really going to try and save her aren't you?"

"Yes."

"...... Okay. For you Twilight."

"Thank you."