• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 780 Views, 39 Comments

Lyra's Voyages 2: On Strange Tides - Prince_Staghorn



Lyra is at it again, with an adventure on the high seas!

  • ...
0
 39
 780

Music

I dodged another stab from the Thipdar's beak. Ditzy prepared from another divebomb. But the reptile had learned her tricks by now, swatting her from the air, then pinning her to the ground.

The Mahars in the stands began thumping their tails, sure the match was about to end... when something hit my head. My lyre was there, at my hooves. I wasted no time, quickly plucking the strings in a soothing melody. The pterosaur paused, then began swaying to the rhythm. I began advancing, and the Thipdar began backing away. Once it was in its pen, I closed the gate, then stopped playing.

Silence.

Then a single thump, followed by the whooshing of wings. Then another. Then another. Soon, the entire stadium was shaking from the applause.

I had done it.

***

We were released... right outside the city, into the jungle, leaving us no choice but to keep walking into uncharted territory. None of us were happy about this, but it was better than being slaves, so we began walking.

***

Day... something...

I don't know how long we walked through that jungle, but we barely slept, so the days were a blur. Then Ocean Wave said that one thing that should never be said.

"Well, at least it can't get any worse."

A massive CRACK! split the sky as it began raining.

There was a tramping of three-toed feet.

Swords were pointed at us, shields of magic energy protecting their wielders.

We were captured again

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter!