• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 1,022 Views, 34 Comments

School Transferred - SparkStone



After a high school gets sent to Equestria, Mark and Balkin must do what they can to stay safe and sane.

  • ...
4
 34
 1,022

Lessons to be learned (part 2)

Mark and Rarity followed the music leading to the ballroom. The doors leading inside were locked, yet underneath it you could see colorful lights being set into motion. The music was also on and was constantly switching songs. It wasn't just tunes though. There was a set of giggles being heard as numerous sounds were being produced from noises similar to wrapping paper and clanging of metal. Mark shook the door to open it to get whoever was inside's attention.

"Hey! Open up! You're not allowed to be in there!"

He stepped back and awaited to for some kind of response. The doors began to creak open as they confront the maker of the noises.

"Pinkie Pie!?" Rarity exclaimed.

"Oh! Hi guys!" Pinkie greeted with a chuckle. She looked at Mark at his current state, baked by the oven. "What happened to you Marky?"

Mark ignored that question and asked his own. "What's going on in there?"

Pinkie blocked the door and explained. "Sorry! I'm working on a surprise party for some pony! You have to wait outside until later."

Before Pinkie could shut the door, Mark placed his foot stopping her. "I think not." Mark bellowed. "Pinkie, you may be new here, but you should know that regulations require you to stay in class, especially if this is your first day here. Also, you're not allowed in this ballroom. Only the staff can access it for future gatherings."

"Aw! But no pony said it wasn't okay when I started!" Pinkie complained.

"Well, I'm here to tell you no." He beckoned. "Come on, I can't have you staying here. You have to get back to class right now."

"Mark! Please let me stay in here! This is the perfect place to plan parties!" Pinkie reasoned.

"No! You need the school's staff permission to stay in here." Mark informed her. "If you just stay here, you could get into trouble."

Pinkie gasped and whimpered. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't want to make any trouble… I just wanted to throw some pony a party…"

Mark looked at the saddened Pinkie who seemed really excited on whatever she was planning. Rarity bumped his leg to get his attention.

"Mark, is it alright if we just let Pinkie not get in trouble and let her do as she pleases?" Rarity requested.

"I can't do that!" Mark implied. "The school's teachers are the only ones who can let a student overwrite a rule."

"But aren't you the ambassador of this school?" she reminded him.

"I'm just representing!" Mark claimed. However, one more look on Pinkies puppy dog eyes made him reconsider. "Ugh… Alright! Fine! I'll see what I can do to let you off the hook!"

Pinkie jumped in happiness, yelling, "YAY~!"

"As for the meantime, you do whatever it is you're… doing, and I'll report to the teachers that it's alright."

"And as for us, we'll be making a new attire to redress Mark here." Rarity said.

"Okie dokey! Thanks again! See you later!" Pinkie said as the two left.


Balkin was taking it nice and easy. The school's shower had nice hot water, and it wasn't bad so long as there weren't too many guys there. He took his time just to relax as well as waste time until algebra was over. When the bell rung, he turned off the waters and puts on a towel.

"Ah, did I take too long again?" He joked to himself. "Oh well. I guess I better get to science."

Balkin reached over for his clothes on the table nearby. Or where they should have been. Placing his hand on the deserted table, he takes a look to see that his clothes were not there anymore.

"What the heck!?" Balkin shouted. He looked around looking for his attire as he realized, it's not there anymore.

He then happened to hear a chuckle outside. He took a small peek to see Rainbow holding his folded clothes on her hoof.

"Hey! Give those back!" Balkin ordered.

"You snooze you lose, sucker!" Rainbow jeered.

"You better give it back or else!" he threatened.

"Or what? You gonna come after me? naked?" Rainbow teased, knowing that humans apparently never leave without clothing, due to their body's appearance. Overconfident, she kept on pulling the attire back and forth towards Balkin, urging him to come after her. What she wasn't expecting was that he immediately ran after her without a second thought. Rainbow flew away while Balkin chased after her. It was a bad time, because right now, all the students were exiting their classes, able to see what was going on and Balkin's… body.

"Oh my god!" A student screamed.

"Cover yourself you pervert!" Another demanded.

"Have you no shame!?"

Balkin ignored the voices as he ran after Rainbow. Along the way, Mark and Rarity were coming downstairs. Mark had on a new black jacket over his white t-shirt, and nicely made jeans. He tugged on his collar feeling a bit iffy.

"Thanks for this I guess, but did you really have to throw away my old uniform?" Mark asked.

"Of course! That thing was far from repairable. I simply had no choice." Rarity claimed. "Besides, at least you're not running around naked. Then again, why do you humans wear clothing?"

Before Mark could answer, Rainbow Dash flew nearby with Balkin's clothes hanging in her mouth as well as he himself running by, answering Rarity's question. Her face turned green as Mark lowered his head in shame.

"My eyes…" Rarity coughed.

"My dignity…" Mark muttered.

Rainbow flew all around the school with Balkin hot on her trail. The screams of the torturing sight quake the school as the students eyes were scarred forever.

"My innocence!" Fluttershy yelled.


Twilight was yelling at Rainbow Dash and Balkin in the office. In the next room were the teachers who had to hold off class until further notice. Among the familiar teachers was Mark, having to attend due to the fact that he holds the school as much as the others. Mark was annoyed of Rainbow's stunt, having to hold off his learning much longer. He had a feeling Twilight had something to do with these six new students and suspected that she knows them. It was clear as day after all, but he just needed a bit more information just to be sure. Meanwhile, what was going on between Twilight and the two troublemakers was just a lot of lecturing.

"How could you steal Rainbow!?" Twilight questioned. "That is against the law! You know that! And you should obviously know that stealing in school, from another student, in the shower room is wrong! May I add that you aren't allowed in the other gender's shower room too!?"

"Geez, sorry Twi." Rainbow replied. "I just wanted to get back at Balkin."

"And back at the whole school too!? Do you know how many kids saw a naked boy running around?" Twilight shouted. "What kind of an example are you trying to show these students!?"

"Yeah you jerk! What the heck is your problem!?" Balkin yelled, fully clothed by the way.

"Oh, you're not off the leash either mister!" Twilight growled.

Balkin was a bit taken back. "What? Why!?"

"What made you think it was a good idea running around the school, naked?" Twilight questioned.

"I wanted my clothes back!" Balkin claimed.

"Well, a lot of good getting back your clothes! Now no pony will ever have to see you nude. Oh wait a minute! EVERY PONY SAW YOU WITHOUT CLOTHES ALREADY!" Twilight pointed out.

She groaned at the mess they had made. In a single day, it had been one thing after another. Mr. Beck had informed Twilight that Applejack had destroyed part of the kitchen. Rarity got Mark to skip Algebra, and Pinkie was nowhere to be seen in her assigned classes. The one that didn't cause trouble was Fluttershy. Good thing too, because she didn't want any more shenanigans to happen today.

"WHAT!?" Mark yelled in the other room.

The three jumped and turned to the door. The cracked it open just a bit to peek outside on what happened.

"A-Are you sure?" Mark asked the hall monitor.

"Uh… yes. I saw it with my own two eyes. Mrs. Paula stole a majority of our food supplies and put it in her truck. By the time we found out, she somehow got the car to work and left us." The boy reported

Mark was stunned. He could not believe that Mrs. Paula would desert the school as well. He sighed and asked, "What happened exactly? What finally made her leave?"

"I think she was crazy. She kept yelling about how this yellow pegasus kept on smart talking her on how to raise animals." The hall monitor said.

Mark twitched his eye hearing the description. He had enough of these new students, and finally glared at the one to blame.

"Miss Sparkle…?" He called.

Twilight's eyes shrunk as she shuts the door. She looks at the other two feeling a bit frightened of his reaction.

"Well… looks like we're not the only ones in trouble…" Balkin said to Rainbow.


Mark was pacing back and forth of this current dilemma. Now there was no animal care tutor now. The class would be canceled. There was a shortage of teachers as it already is, and Mark is the only one with enough sense to ensure the school that everything will be fine. The thing is, everything isn't fine. The kitchen was in need of repairs, the morale of students has been cut down due to the Rainbow and Balkin's fooling around, and now a pile of requests and questions has been sent to Mark. He walks in Twilight's class room trying to figure this out. Not only that, but he has Twilight here to do something that must be done.

"Twilight." He said with a stern tone. "About those five students. We should expel them right now."

"We can't do that!" Twilight stated.

"Are you serious? Look at all the damage they've done! Look at everything we have to rebuild!" Mark pointed out. "I can't just have the Princess repairing all of this daily! We're struggling with our sanity as it is! We just lost another teacher! We can't afford having them here. We have no choice."

"Geez! What's your problem dude!?" Spike questioned as he entered the room.

"Spike! What are you doing!?" Twilight spoke.

"My problem are those ponies making a ruckus and setting a bad habit around the school! How can anyone work with such distractions!? We're here to learn, not fool around!" Mark told Spike.

"Twilight just wanted you to have some friends! Don't have to be uptight about it!" Spike retorted.

"Spike!" Twilight scolded.

Mark stared at Spike for a moment before turning back to Twilight. He gritted his teeth and shook his head.

"Is he saying the truth?" Mark questioned. Twilight bit her lip as Mark awaited an answer. "Miss Sparkle!"

"Yes… it's true. I asked my friends to meet you so that you could… get along. So that way, you wouldn't be so lonely." she explained.

"Well, great job Miss Sparkle!" Mark said sarcastically. "A lot of good they did, cheering me up! I miss a class, lose a teacher, and now I have to request all of this to your ruler! Great! Just great! I can't believe how well this plan turned out!"

"M-Mark…" Twilight whimpered.

"No! I'm done!" he snapped. "I'm tired of this friendship you keep babbling about! I just want to be alone with my studies, but you and your friends just have to muck it all up! But that's alright! I'll just have no future back in my world or this world! I'll just be some idiot working a part time job twenty four, seven!"

He walked out the door shoving Spike along the way. Under his breath, he muttered, "Tired of you…"


Mark waited at the top of the school upon the rooftops. He was exhausted of everything that's happened so far. He felt as if he could just spend his week doing nothing on the cement floor. Of course, he couldn't even do that. He heard steps coming near, metal to stone hoof steps letting him know who it was easily.

Groaning, he looks up with a deadpan voice. "Hello Princess Celestia."

"Mark…" She said, quite saddened to see his moody expression. "Why the long face?"

"Seriously?" Mark said, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm only concerned on your behalf." Celestia said. "Forgive me for worrying."

"No, it's alright." Mark replied. "I'm just a bit annoyed is all."

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"I… I have a huge request this time. We need… a lot of things." Mark said sadly.

Pulling out a list, he explained the situation. The oven exploding, need of repairs, need something to calm the students, more security for their food reserves. Celestia was amazed on how everything escalated so quickly. As Mark finishes up, he sighs awaiting to hear her response. Though he expected disapproval, she was laughing quite loudly.

"I-I'm so sorry!" She said while chuckling under her breath. "But did all of this really happen in one day?"

"Yeah, it did." Mark answered. "It's not that funny."

"It's hilarious! A boy traumatizing all of the students was quite the event. I do understand how it's bad on your part, but you must admit, it's quite a story!" Celestia giggled.

Mark looked down and played with his thumbs trying to deny it. However, in moments he too laughed. He grinned as he tried to keep his voice down. "I guess… it's pretty funny…"

"It is, isn't it?" She said before looking off into the distance. "Anyways, about your repairs. You mustn't worry about it. I'll have some experts aid you in repairing whatever you need."

"R-Really? Thank you Princess Celestia!" Mark bowed graciously to her. "I thought that you would decline my request due to it being so hefty!"

Celestia wrapped her wing around Mark and held him close. "Mark… what are friends for?"

He looked down and thought about all those things Twilight kept pushing onto him. He sighs and decided, for the first time ever, to talk to someone about his personal problems. He sits down and oats the ground for Celestia to do the same.

"Princess… I want to talk to you about someone…" Mark began. "Someone has been pushing all this stuff about making friends on me, and by doing this, she caused all of these problems to happen."

"Twilight Sparkle, right?" Celestia guessed.

"Yes. Do you know her?" he asked.

"She's my faithful student." She stated.

Mark was shock and jumped back hearing those words. "You're Twilight's teacher!?"

"Yes. I taught her magic ever since she was just a foal." She informed Mark. "She and I are very close, like family."

"Bet she had a lot of friends too, seeing how she was under the teachings of the princess herself." Mark thought.

Celestia closed her eyes and nodded. "Actually, she didn't have much friends at all. She only had Spike to talk to. Other than him, she had no friends. She was only focused on learning more and more about Equestria and magic."

Mark was still, hearing all this. It sounded exactly like him. He only wanted to learn for his future and his sake. He only had Balkin to talk to. He and Twilight were the same. Celestia continued her story.

"One day however, I sent her to Ponyville. There, she met five wonderful friends and found a bond that she would never forge alone. She found her home. Right in Ponyville."

"And now she's trying to do the same for me…" Mark muttered as he poked the floor. "I don't believe this…"

"Like always, the teacher tries to do what's best for her faithful student, regardless of what might happen to her." Celestia claimed. They looked at the sunset and knew it was time to go. "I kept you too long my friend. We'll talk more tomorrow."

"… Yeah…" Mark agreed. As Princess Celestia flew off, Mark ran with her for a moment just to say, "I think… you did a great job with Twilight!"

Celestia smiled as he waved goodbye for now.


After learning hours, Mark had wandered the school by himself. Even though they lived in school, it was quite frightening to walk around the area at night. This is why Mark brought a flashlight with him just in case. Though he thought he was walking alone, Mark started to hear footsteps of another nearby. He stops and looks around, but sees no one in sight. Taking a few more steps, he felt something grasp upon his shoulder, causing him to swing his arm at the person.

"Ah! Dude! Watch it!" Balkin scolded as he rubbed his nose.

"Balkin!? What are you doing? Don't you go to sleep at this time?" Mark thought.

"Yeah, yeah, but Twilight told me to bring you somewhere." Balkin explained. "Follow me."

Mark followed Balkin upstairs to the third floor. There, he leads him to the ballroom doors. Mark glanced at Balkin before opening the entrance to reveal the massive amount of decorations made inside, the vast amount of tables holding countless dishes, and the music played by a number of pony musicians. Mark dropped his jaw as he walked inside slowly taking it all in. Pinkie happened to jump right in to help him with that.

"Hi Marky! I'm glad you could make it! I bet you're surprised huh? Were ya? Were ya? Were ya?" Pinkie badgered.

"Yes, I-I am Pinkie! How'd you do all of this in less than a day?" Mark questioned.

"Easy!" Pinkie said as she pulled out a colorful cannon. "I just used my party cannon to liven the place up!"

"Haven't use this place forever… The last time we used it was years ago…" Mark stated.

"Well, I actually wanted to do this for you so that we could be friends. But when Twilight told me that you didn't want us around anymore, I felt I should use this to say sorry for everything that's happened." Pinkie said in one breath.

Mark looked up to see a number of students, teachers, and all of the ponies in the room. They watched him as he walked up to Twilight who was with her friends. None of them seemed happy, rather, they seemed to be ashamed of what they did. Mark and Twilight were looking at each other, eye to eye. after that, Mark grinned.

"So… a lot of stuff happened today, huh?" Mark pointed out.

"Um… yeah, sure did." Twilight replied.

"I guess that's just another day at Cliffside high, huh?" Mark stated. He looked over to the teacher's tables and eyed the beverages being served. He winked at Twilight to follow him. "Feeling kinda thirsty."

As Mark walked over to the table, Twilight tried to stop him. "Wait! Mark, those are alcoholic drinks! It's against school regulations to even take a sip if you're underage!"

Mark didn't care. He popped a cap of a wine bottle and served two cups. "Well Twilight, there's more to life than just school. Wasn't that what you were trying to tell me?" He reminded her as he gave Twilight a cup. "Besides, today is a special occasion. I made a lot of new friends today."

Twilight became surprised. "But I thought you didn't want any friends. I thought you didn't like them."

"Took a while for me to realize something. I'm a bit slow on the subject, but maybe you can teach me a thing or two on this friendship stuff." Mark offered, raising his glass to her. "You don't mind do you? I know you're teaching Equestrian history, but maybe you can give me some pointers."

Twilight was still. She took some time to slowly smile as she took levitated her glass up high. "Alright then Mark. I'll be glad to show you a few things."

Their glass cups clink as they drank the wine. Everyone did the same, with alchohol or soda, it didn’t matter. Today was a start of another class.

And many more…

Author's Note:

I think I'm getting a bit sick, so sorry if my hazy brain mucks up this chapter. The next chapter will depend on my health and these ideas of mine. You can help pick of course.

1-Cadence bothering Mark.
2-Rainbow Dash in Physical Education. (P.E.)
3-Fluttershy teaching Animal care (for chasing out Mrs. Paula)
4-Field trip to Ponyville