• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 6,668 Views, 1,309 Comments

Dust on the Wind - Sparky Brony



Mike was an electrician, and had no clue that the My Little Pony world depicted on TV was real. A Five Score Divided by Four story

  • ...
41
 1,309
 6,668

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 46. Marco Polo

"Irony, get over here!" I shout.

Irony trots down the stairs, I've never been good going down stairs as a quadruped. She's mastered it. I'd rather jump and use my wings, "What is it."

I point at my obviously pregnant belly, "She kicked!"

Irony grins, "Awesome!" She comes over and places a hoof, after a moment, I feel the odd feeling of something inside me kicking.

I smile at Irony, "Dr. Ray said she'd be a pegasus, and she's going to be a strong one."

Irony chuckles, "Coming from you, Dust, that's an easy thing to believe."

I smile at her, "I never thought pregnancy would be so amazing, when Helen was pregnant with our kids, I got to experience it from the father's point of view, but now as a mare." I stop and look at Helen, she's smirking, "It's been amazing."

Helen's smirk grows, "So, after this one, you want more?"

My ears fall, "Now, I'm not saying that!"

Helen laughs, "I know Dust, though you getting up to pee about twenty times a day has been amusing. Though you are carrying them low, with Dylan, he was up high, I couldn't eat, you are hungry as a horse, all the time."

I chuckle at her little joke and heave myself off the couch, I walk over to her and plant my forehooves on her shoulders, giving her a peck on the lips, "I'm so glad we were able to reignite what we had before. Thank you, love."

She rubs a finger along my ear, "Well, I'll admit, I wasn't sure that I would enjoy being with ponies that much." She blushes bright red, "But you girls are very lovable."

Judging by the heat in my face, I'm blushing as badly as she is. I smile and give her a kiss again then lay back down next to her on the couch, she starts rubbing behind my ears, that feels really good.

Irony looks thoughtful, "Dust, the portal is opening in less than a month, I know some ponies from town have packed up and left, but wouldn't we want to help get ponies to Equestria?"

"What do you think we should do, Irony?"

"Offer transportation, money, fuel."

I wave a hoof, "Mayor Mare and I have discussed that already, a fund was set up, and all the cars from when the ponies came here are being used, as well as the three buses I bought. Those buses have made dozens of trips over the last couple of months, we are going to lose about a quarter of our population to head back to Equestria."

Irony narrows her eyes, "That's all well and good, we are pretty organized, but what about some of the other enclaves around the world?"

"The American President has appointed Cloud Kicker and Blossomforth to head to many of the worldwide enclaves of ponies. They are offering transport to the US, and the Iowa farm has been used as a staging area for the exodus of ponies. I got a call from Big Macintosh a few days ago, he said they are full to bursting, even with the financial assistance I've offered, they have tens of thousands of ponies ready to head home."

"What about the other US enclaves."

I frown, "I haven't talked to them that much. Perhaps we should."

Sunset Shimmer trots down the stairs, "I think we should get busy, Dust. I just got off the phone with Cloud Kicker, they've been denied entry into China to talk to the ponies. Their official line is there are no ponies in China. But we know differently. We've been in communication with the ponies in China, and there are nearly a hundred thousand of them. Nearly half the ponies Discord banished went to China. Dust, the vast majority want to leave China. Their conditions are deplorable."

I think about what she said and nod, "Then we will have to do something about that. And Sunset, what is the worldwide population of ponies?"

"I've been trying to get a tally, not counting newborn foals, now Dust, I'm not trying to be precise, just get a general number, but we are aware of nearly quarter million ponies worldwide. We've been able to get a lot out of the middle east, where they had a pretty bad life. But the best we can determine, in China, they've been pretty much rounded up into a very large camp. I think we should get them out of there."

I frown, "We don't have the transportation capabilities for that many."

She grins, "Just get me there, I can open a portal back home."

I just look at her in shock, she continues, "You are looking at the pony who's researched the portal here more than any other, it is based on dream magic, I don't have those capabilities, but dream magic is very similar to dimensional magic, and I learned a lot, we just need to make a portal in a large enough object for ponies to walk through, we have places in New Beginnings that we can make the other side of the portal. And since it's not going to a different dimension, I can open the portal with my magic."

"New Beginnings?"

She chuckles, "Dust, you need to be more aware of what's happening in our pony town, if you would go to the occasional council meeting, you would know they've settled on a name for the town."

I frown, "No pony pun?"

"Many wanted 'New Ponyville' for the town name, but that was rejected, but they were able to agree on New Beginnings as the name of their home. It symbolizes their hope that this town will become a permanent settlement for ponies in this world."

I think for a moment, "That's very good, Sunset."

I look over at Moon Shadow, "Dimensional magic and dream magic are linked?"

She nods, "Sunset and I have been talking quite a bit about our respective magical talents, Princess Luna concurs, if we can get the Chinese ponies here, many of them will want to go to Equestria, but most of all, they want to get out of their camp."

"So, to China then?" I look down at my belly, I'm not huge yet, but it's obvious I'm pregnant. I heave myself off the couch and head to the door, "You coming."

Irony looks surprised, "Now?"

I grin, "No time like the present."

***

I wake up, on a cloud, I look around, Irony, Sunset, and Moon Shadow are with me, along with two of the largest pegasi I've ever seen hooked to the chariot. Their magic is preventing the chariot from falling through the cloud itself, though they are curled up in their harnesses. I smile and mount the chariot, even I have needed some rest stops during this long trip. We were offered a plane to Japan by the government, but we refused, though I did option to have a C-130 waiting in Okinawa for the trip home. Makes the trip home seem far better with the resources available there. We are a couple of hundred miles from the location of the concentration camp of ponies. I look out at the setting sun. Time to go, a feather tickling their noses wake up the pegasi.

"Time to get going." I say.

Without a word, they take to the air, I follow. My abilities to fly have been curtailed by this pregnancy, but I keep pace with them. Those two hundred or so miles go pretty quickly, flying near ground level, I'm pretty sure that the Chinese government knows we are here now, they have a pretty good radar system. Though the US Navy has been running a bit of interference by running flight ops near their airspace. Keeping their attention much farther north than we are. Blue Lagoon and the other ponies aboard the USS Ronald Reagan have been keeping busy. I smile as we end up passing over a large barbed wire fence.

Shortly we land, there is a rudimentary tent city here, it's amazingly huge, tens of thousands of tents everywhere. And there are very few humans here. I trot up to a unicorn, "I'm Lightning Dust, I'm here to help."

His reply is incomprehensible. I don't know Mandarin. I look back at Sunset and family, "What are we going to do?"

Moon Shadow steps forward, and she speaks in, what I guess is Equestrian, I must have been fluent in it at one point, but that memory hasn't surfaced.

They go back and forth for a moment, then the unicorn indicates for us to follow.

I sidle next to Moon Shadow as we walk, "I didn't know you knew Equestrian?"

She blushes, "I've never really had much use for it, it was among some of the memories I've been able to dig up, dream walking helps with memories, Dust. I could help you remember how we spoke in Equestria some time if you want."

I think for a moment, then nod, "After this, but I guess you are going to be our interpreter for now, Moon."

She smiles as we walk, "I hope we don't have to spend too much time here. And we will have to set up some kind of schooling for the ponies here, teach them some English, before many of them go through the portal."

I nod. And finally we get to our destination, quite a few older mares are sitting together, one of them steps up, "Are you Dust?" Her English is very broken, but understandable.

I nod.

"Can you get us out of here, the government just put us here, they barely feed us, they don't really do anything to help. We are stuck out here, in these tents, they don't even let us do anything relating to our cutie marks, and any attempt to get free has been severely punished. All the pegasi have had their flight feathers clipped, it's been a nightmare."

I look over at Sunset, "Can you make the portal?"

She nods, a large barn is in the distance, "I'll make it in the wall of that barn."

She trots off, I look at the earth pony mare, "How long have you been like this?"

She looks down, "Over a year, once we started to changed, the government sent agents to pick up everypony they could, and they built this place. They bring hay, for food, but not much else. We technically are well fed, but..." She looks a little green, "not very appetizing."

"Were you one of the ponies that we've been emailing?"

She looks at a unicorn, who magics out a smart phone, "We have been talking to you, when we get the chance. They pretty much leave us alone."

I sigh, "How long until they notice the population of ponies will be rapidly shrinking?"

She shakes her head, "I don't know, I don't know how they will react, they might be thankful that the ponies are leaving, but there are some that don't want to leave their homeland, can you help them get outside the gates? We can live in the forests, away from the humans."

I shake my head, "And be hunted, and maybe punished for all the ponies that escape, I can offer you two options, the portal to Equestria will be opening soon, so you can go through it and go to our home. Or you can go to the US, and make a life there."

She sighs, "I think I'll choose Equestria, I have memories of living there, and I would love to return."

I smile and fold a wing over her, "Then let's get Sunset Shimmer to get the portal open, and we will get you to our home, where you can get ready to go back to Equestria."

"Are you going back too?"

I shake my head, "Not yet, I have to help the ponies that want to go home."

"You do take your oath as a Wonderbolt seriously, don't you?"

I nod, she smiles, "You will protect the ponies with your life?"

I nod again.

"I feel better knowing that, thank you, Lightning Dust."

I nuzzle the pony and head over to the barn. The entire wall is glowing, and Sunset is busy, her horn glowing brightly, Moon Shadow is sitting next to her, her magic glowing brightly as well. The glow seems to be encompassing both unicorns, I'm guessing they've linked their magic. I watch as a white glow starts in the middle of the wall, and in moments the wall flashes brightly and both unicorns let their magic fade.

"It's done."

I look at the earth pony that I had talked to, "Let them know, walking through this wall is the way home."

She calls out in Mandarin, and at first a few, then a flood of ponies dash for the portal. A deep thrum sounds every time a pony enters the portal. I look at Moon Shadow, "How long to get the ponies through?"

She looks around, "I don't know, the portal is big enough for many ponies at a time, and we used the barn at the farm for the other side. We set that up before we left. A lot of ponies can get through in a short time, but there are a lot of ponies here." She watches as the stream of ponies gets wider, word has been spreading. I look at one of the humans, he's in a uniform of the Chinese army. He seems to be smiling at the ponies running through the portal. So, it seems at least one human doesn't have a problem with the ponies leaving, but is that the policy?

My answer to that question comes a lot sooner than I thought, as excited chattering in Mandarin reveals a half dozen soldiers. One of them levels his rifle at the fleeing ponies. I throw a lightning bolt, knocking him back. I glare at the rest of the soldiers, they leave their rifles slung as they look at the ponies streaming through the portal. One of them grabs a radio and talks into it.

"I think he's calling in reinforcements."

Sunset's horn glows, and my armor appears in front of me, along with Irony's and Moon Shadow's. "Then we will defend these ponies."

In minutes we are ready, and we have good timing as well, a helicopter banks hard as it comes in for a landing, "It's time to fight, Irony."

She grins, "My pleasure, Love."

I take to the air, that helicopter is a danger, I flash forward, stabbing my wingblades through the glass, shattering it. I make quick work of the pilot and spring free as the chopper spirals to the ground. I was unable to prevent it disgorging a platoon of soldiers, but it won't be bringing any more. I look around, no other pegasi in the air, well, I had better get busy. I flash forward, disabling two more soldiers, then a crash of lightning slams to the ground behind me. A pony in armor flies towards me. I grin, Lightning Flash.

"I ran through the portal when ponies started saying there is a fight on the other side. Trixie and quite a few others are here too. Let's protect these ponies." He shouts at me.

I smile and blow him a kiss, "Remind me to find a good way to make it up to you, Flash."

He blushes and flies to a cloud in the sky, he gathers up another lightning bolt and slams it down at a group of humans. I look at the barn yard. A thick stream of ponies are continuing their run through. Nearly a hundred thousand of them, it will take hours at this rate. We need to end this threat, now.

I flash forward, slicing through a group of soldiers, I land and lay about with my wing blades, slicing into them deeply. I dodge a fired round and throw a bolt of lightning at the soldier who shot at me, he ends up on his back, screaming in pain. Another pegasus lands on his head, ending his screams.

"I was told you gals went in here with minimal force. Naughty of you Dust. You would scream at me for that." Winter Storm smirks at me.

I grin, "You are right, I would reprimand you, but I planned on this, getting the portal open, that's why you were told to be ready if things got hairy."

She whirls and fires a pony designed firearm at a human, he falls, "Backup plans are no substitute for a good initial plan."

I smirk as I throw another bolt, "I didn't want to come in as an invading force, I didn't want to start the hostilities."

She fires another shot, she's pretty good with the .50 caliber rifle mounted on her shoulder, "I understand Dust. But what if the portal hadn't worked."

I chuckle, "It did, I knew it would, considering who the magic users involved were. I had faith they would succeed in making the necessary portal."

She bounces to the air and I join her, both of us firing as each human pops his head up. I mentally thank Celestia that they are focusing on us, and not the ponies streaming through the portal.

"There has to be a command and control center somewhere, somewhere these troops are being directed from. I'm going to find it." I flash away before Winter is able to say a word. I end up in the air. Pegasi from home are harassing the soldiers, the humans are trying to make way to the barn, and usually getting swept up in the stream of ponies. A multicolored horde is heading towards the barn. I see some of the ground bound members of our guards heading against the flow, helping to pick up the infirm, the elderly, and those having trouble making it on their own. The humans really don't seem to really have their hearts in this fight. They must be being ordered, but they don't apparently like their orders. I need to find who's giving the orders. I see another helicopter flying around, but I don't see any gunships. A half dozen pegasi swarm the lone chopper, and in moments it's a ballistic object. I flash further to the north. Ahh, there is my destination. A group of vehicles at the northern edge of the camp. Humans running around, staging as the ponies nearby are slowly moving their way to the barn.

I land among the humans, folding my wings, showing I'm not a threat. I take a moment to take off my champron, showing my face. I look around and notice someone who seems to be in charge. I trot up to him.

"Do you speak English?"

He nods curtly, I continue, "I am Lightning Dust. I was tasked to get these ponies away from here."

He frowns, "I'm Colonel Wong, I was told to keep the ponies here."

"Why?"

"Those were my orders, from Beijing."

"Don't you ever question orders? Orders that make no sense? We don't want to do anything to your nation, most of these ponies want to go back to Equestria, they want to go home."

He frowns again, "They are citizens of China."

I growl, "Who are being kept in a concentration camp, like they are common criminals."

"They are horses."

I cock my head to the side, "I'm a pony, yet I'm talking to you. Do you doubt that I'm intelligent?"

He thinks for a long time, "No. You are intelligent, Lightning Dust."

He gestures to one of the soldiers, and tea is brought out, I sit on my haunches and bring the tea cup to my lips and take a delicate sip, "Colonel," I sigh, "all they want to do is live in peace, if your country had done what many others have, we would be a benefit to your home. We are starting to control all the weather around us, smog in some of our most polluted cities is nearly nonexistent. We have been a help for humanity. And if your government had not treated them so badly, I'm certain a good percentage would have wanted to stay. As it is, most will want to go back to Equestria. That makes me sad, because so many ponies have made homes for themselves in many other nations. In fact, my home town in the US, we are only losing about a quarter of our nearly twenty five thousand population for ponies to head back. Most want to stay, we are forging out a life here. Your nation, the most populous nation in the world, would do well to have ponies in your society."

He looks thoughtful, I continue, "We want life, we want peace. Is there anything better than that?"

"But you are fighting, you are killing our soldiers."

I shake my head, "Only in response to aggression. We are the royal guard, our job is to protect the ponies. And we will do what is necessary. What I'm here to attempt is to try to keep the bloodshed to a minimum. I want peace. I think you do as well. Call off your troops, let the ponies leave in peace."

A dark look crosses his face, "If I defy my orders, I could be killed."

"You could come through the portal with us, you could stay in the US."

"And betray my nation? Would you betray those ponies out there?"

I shake my head, "No."

He sighs, "You made a good point, Miss Dust. I will call off my troops. I will try to find a way to justify the ponies disappearing. I just hope that my superiors are happy with the ponies being gone, and not in China anymore. You said most will want to go back to your homeworld, of Equestria?"

I nod, "That is what I've been told, Colonel Wong. Some wanted to stay in China, but I told them they would be hunted, they would never know peace, their best option is to make a life back in my home. We will welcome them with open arms."

He grabs a radio off a passing soldier and talks into it. He gets a response and then he shouts into the radio. After a moment he sets it down, "I've ordered my soldiers to back off. You get the ponies out of here, I was told they are running through the wall of a barn."

I nod, "Some magic users I brought created a portal for them to get through, it's easier than a fleet of airplanes full to bursting with ponies."

He chuckles, "Thank you, but make sure that portal is sealed Those ponies can not come back to China."

I nod, "Agreed." I hold out an armored hoof, which he shakes as he smiles.

"You are an honorable pony, Miss Dust."

"You are an honorable man, Colonel Wong."

In moments I'm in the air, heading back to the barn, and I shortly land next to Irony. I take a moment to inspect her, she hasn't been able to transform the last few months, but her reworking of her armor to take into account her pony form has seemed to be successful, her mace has been hung up for now, in its stead is a set of armored and bladed hoofguards, and all four of her hooves are covered in blood, and the rest of her armor has blood spattered all over it.

"Oh my Celestia, any of that blood yours, Irony?"

She grins, her white teeth showing brightly, "No, Love. It's a bit harder to fight as a pony, but I managed. We were fighting pretty hard, then the humans just left. What happened?"

"I talked to Colonel Wong, he is the leader. I let him know the ponies just wanted to leave peacefully. And finally he agreed."

She frowns, "Even though we killed humans?"

"I explained we were defending these ponies, he's a military man, he understood what we were trying to do. We can leave in peace, so long as we don't return."

Sunset comes up, "We have quite a few ponies left, but they are going through pretty quickly, we should be finished in a couple of hours."

I turn to the golden mare, "What will you do with the portal?"

"Moon Shadow and I will collapse it in on itself, there will be no trace of us. The guards are sweeping the whole camp now, it's absolutely huge, at least a hundred thousand ponies. We will be gone before sunrise."

I nod, then I hear a gasp from Irony, "Dust, is that blood yours?"

I look back, "What are you..." Then I get a look at my flank, a bullet had apparently skittered along my flank, opening up a long wound, blood is trickling down, "Well, would you look at that?"

Irony traces a hoof near the wound, "Dust, you are extremely lucky! A few inches over, and you could have lost your foal!"

My head immediately goes faint, Dr. Rays words resounding in my head, "We should have left this to others, love. You can't shift, and I'm slower than usual." I feel tears starting to spring to my eyes, "I put her life in danger, without even thinking about it."

She comes closer to hug me, "Oh, Dust. You didn't know this would be a fight?"

I slap her hoof away, "Of course I did, I knew that they wouldn't let the ponies go peacefully easily. I knew a fight was very likely. Humans, the damned humans didn't want the ponies to be free. Fuck them!"

She leans against me, "Oh Dust, You don't mean that."

I glare at Irony, "I'm really finding myself hard pressed to not hate these humans. They don't want peace, they want power. The leader of Spectrum, Saul, the Chinese government. Greed, those fucking mercenaries did what they did for the promise of money."

"That is not all of humanity, Dust. They are very few."

I trot away from her, hugging myself with my wings, "There are too many of them. Fucking humans."

"What about the humans back at home, they love having ponies around. Some of them even work in New Beginnings, helping around."

"Yeah, they are the weird ones, the horse fuckers, the perverts."

"Oh Dust, you don't mean that."

I look at her, tears flowing down my cheeks, "Yes, Irony. I do." I take off like a shot. It will take me a while, but I'll fly home. I may not be able to fly as fast as I usually do, but I'll make it, there are plenty of clouds over the Pacific for me to rest on if need be.

***
Hawaii is a pretty good resting point. I glide down to land on the big island. I'm pretty close to Honolulu, and I've stopped crying, I've stopped bleeding, I'm okay, to an extent. I was told there is a small enclave of ponies here, a couple of hundred who originally lived on the islands before changing. I've talked to a few that are making their way to the mainland to head to Equestria, though they are only losing about fifty ponies. I have to grin, the population of Equestria is going to get a boost pretty soon. I hope they are ready for the influx of ponies.

I think I had the location right, this isn't a farmhouse, it looks like an apartment complex. I trot up and down the big open area, after a long time, I simply trot up to a door and knock.

After a moment, the door opens and a pegasus looks at me, "Can I help you?"

I sigh in relief, this is where the ponies are living, but..."This is amazing, you guys have an apartment complex for all the ponies?"

She frowns, "You new here?"

I nod, "I've from the mainland, I'm Lightning Dust, and I was looking for which pony is in charge here."

"Oh, that will be Fiddlesticks, she's in the main office, she can help you with your questions." The pony closes the door in my face.

"How rude." I mutter to myself. After a few minutes of walking, I finally find the main office, a quick knock and a push and I'm inside. This seems relatively new construction, I look around, I hear a voice call out a greeting.

After a moment a pale yellow earth pony trots out of the back office. Her treble clef cutie mark and bluish dark mane identify her for me. She stops in her tracks, her mouth an O of surprise. After a moment she shakes her head, "Well, burn my britches, if it isn't Lightning Dust of the Wonderbolts. What brings you to beautiful Hawaii?"

I look outside then back at the earth pony, "Well, I just wanted to visit and see how you ponies were doing."

She chuckles, "Well, we are doing just fine, sugar. I've talked to Mayor Mare over in New Beginnings, and the ponies that want to go back to Equestria have already left." The earth pony looks sad for a moment, the brightens, "But enough about unpleasantness, if you aren't wondering about the ponies deciding to leave, then what's got you coming here?"

I look around, "A different way to organize the ponies here."

She chuckles, "My family owns this apartment complex, and when we started changing, ponies just started moving in. Many of them have jobs, the locals have actually been pretty nice, and the pegasi have been controlling the weather, so we are doing pretty good here, there's only about three hundred ponies here. Those are all that cropped up in Hawaii."

I nod, "And they are happy here?"

She cocks her head to the side, "For the most part. We ponies kind of like more open spaces, but we are trying to stay somewhat low key. This complex was pretty deserted, and in pretty bad shape when we started, but the ponies have fixed it up pretty well. We don't have many humans here anymore. But we are more of a rumor in most of Hawaii than an anything else. Those that have jobs are either on other islands and fly back and forth daily, or on the weather team, and we are paid under the table by the mayor of Honolulu."

"Amazing."

The earth pony comes forward, "You are wearing armor, and I spy wing blades if I'm not mistaken."

I doff my peytral, maybe that's why the first pegasus was put off. I've washed the blood off of it, flying through some clouds will clean such things rather effectively. But I still am in traditional pegasi armor. I start taking the rest of it off, piece after piece falling to the floor. Fiddlesticks eyes keep getting wider and wider. Soon she runs off, and I hear the sound of a phone being picked up. I am so tired, all the flying, all the crying, all of everything since leaving China. I finally collapse to the floor, though I see her hooves move towards me as I lose consciousness.

***

I awaken to a cup being pressed gently to my lips, I open my mouth and cool water pours in, I drink greedily. After the cup is empty, another cup is pressed, "Careful hun, it's hot."

I sip some excellent chicken noodle soup. Dear Celestia, I love being a pegasus. I open my eyes and see the same earth pony from before, Fiddlesticks. "Dearie, a pegasus in your condition shouldn't be attempting long distance flight."

I sigh, "I know."

She looks seriously at me, "And even though you are a member of the Royal Guard, you shouldn't be throwing yourself into the mix, and getting yourself injured, you are pregnant, Lightning Dust, you need to take it easy."

I smile, "That's what Dr. Ray keeps telling me."

"And right he should, Lightning Dust. You are in a delicate condition."

I sigh, "I'm sorry, I just passed out in your office."

She chuckles, "You must have had a hard time, Miss Dust."

I nod, I look at her for a long time, then finally decide to let her know what's been going on, I start with the pony brothel that Trixie, Irony and I raided first, and then move on. Leaving nothing out, tears spring anew to my eyes when I recount my capture, and torture. Fiddlesticks sits there in silence, tears leaking from her eyes. I finally get caught up, "Oh sweet Celestia, I'm so sorry for burdening you with this."

The earth pony comes up and gives me a hug, "It's okay, Lightning Dust. Have you told your herd about all of this."

I sniffle, and nod.

She nuzzles me, "And they've supported you in all of this?"

I nod again, "I would be a basket case without them. But this is all too much. I am tired of humans, I'm tired of their shit."

"They aren't all bad."

I stomp a foot on the bed, "No, they aren't all bad, Fiddlesticks, but the ones that are bad..." I look down and shudder."

"I was human once, so were you."

"I know, I was once human, but I never would have acted like these humans are acting. Whe a human is in power, that power corrupts them, it's scary, Fiddlesticks."

"I know, Dust. But the source of your strength is your herd, your family, including your human wife."

I sniffle again, "Are you sure?"

She nods.

I bring her into a hug, my wings bringing her closer, "Thank you. You are welcome at New Beginnings anytime."

She pulls back, "Yet you don't live there?"

I smile, "No, I spent a lot of money on that house, it's not modular like typical pony houses, I would like to move it."

She chuckles, "And you have two level four and a level five unicorn in your herd, surely they could move it."

I think for a moment, "You know what, you are right. Thank you, Fiddlesticks."

She gets off the bed, "You get a good night's rest, Dust. We can talk more in the morning."

PreviousChapters Next