• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 11,994 Views, 147 Comments

Mysterious Mare Do Well Alternate Ending: Rainbow Dash Leaves - Tennis Match Fan



After finding out who the Mare Do Well is, Rainbow Dash wants to get back at her "friends" for betraying her.

  • ...
34
 147
 11,994

Rainbow Dash Leaves

Rainbow Dash flew through the air, still fuming about Mare Do Well, the mysterious pony that had ruined Rainbow Dawn's career. Her career of being Ponyville's number hero! Now, even her best friends thought Mare Do Well was a better hero!

I'll show them, Rainbow Dash thought. I'll save somepony right now! But as she flew through the streets, nothing appeared out of the ordinary.

"Where's an out of control vehicle when you need one?" Rainbow Dash groaned, scanning the streets for signs of trouble. She swooped closer to the street looking in every direction.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash heard a high pitched giggle coming from one house.

"Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash gasped. She flew over to a window of the house and peered in. She blinked.

"There's got to be something wrong with my vision," Rainbow Dash said in astonishment.

She couldn't believe her eyes.

Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle stood inside the room, all dressed in Mare Do Well outfits! Next to them, Fluttershy stood in only the cape, while Rarity looked on in approval.

"These are probably one of my best designs!" Rainbow Dash heard Rarity say.

"They're amazing, Rarity!" Pinkie agreed. "I loved wearing this when I was running through the construction sight! And I still love wearing it!" Rainbow Dash watched Pinkie snuggle herself.

"And the best part is our plan is foolproof!" Twilight exclaimed. "I'm sure we'll wear her down soon, though."

"Wear me down?" Rainbow Dash whispered. "I've got to go in there and give them a piece of my mind!" She stalked around to the front door. But just before she bucked it open, she stopped.

"Maybe they're just talking about Mare Do Well," she reasoned, fluttering her wings. "Yeah, that's a good explanation. They're trying to be loyal to me, so they'll put her out of business. Without my help." Rainbow Dash nodded with false confidence. She flew up into the sky and her confident smile crumbled.

"Who am I kidding?" She asked herself. "They don't want me to be a hero! They're trying to upstage me!" Rainbow flipped in the air.

"That's all there is to it!" Rainbow was certain of it. "All they want to do is get rid of my heroness!" An idea passed through Rainbow Dash's mind.

"Well, I'll show them!" Rainbow Dash smirked. She flew back to the ground and calmly knocked on the door. She heard the frantic rushing from inside, probably trying to get the costumes off and hidden.

"I'll be right there!" Rarity called from inside. Rainbow Dash forced the smirk of her face. She need to act natural if this was going to work. This brilliant plan of hers.

After a moment, Rarity opened the door.

"Oh, uh, Rainbow Dash! How lovely to see you!" She exclaimed.

"It's great to see you, too, Rares!" Rainbow Dash replied as she flew in, feigning excitement. "Hey girls, I have some big news to tell you!"

"What is it?" asked Pinkie Pie, leaning in eagerly.

"I'm leaving Ponyville!" Rainbow Dash announced, plastering a giant grin on her face.

"WHAT?" All five of them gasped. Rainbow Dash nodded.

"That's right!" Rainbow Dash confirmed. "I'm sorry to leave you, but I can't stay in an area where nopony appreciates my skills. That Mare Do Well, everypony likes her better. So, I'm leaving to be the hero of another town! What do you think?" They all stared at her in speechless shock. Rainbow Dash nodded again.

"I know, I'll miss you, too. And I'm really sorry I'll probably never see you again, but, you know, duty calls!" Rainbow Dash gathered them in one big hug, then released them.

"But you can't go!" Twilight gasped. "You're the Element of Loyalty! You have to stay here with the other Elements!" Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, genuinely annoyed at Twilight's reasoning.

"Is that the only reason you keep me around, Twilight? I've already made up my mind about leaving. Good bye!" She flew out of the house so fast the door slammed shut behind her.

"This is gonna be so awesome!" She squealed quietly. The more she thought about it, the more she realized she meant every word she had said. If her friends prevented her from being a hero in Ponyville, she could just be a hero somewhere else! Besides, there was no way they would go through the trouble to track her down and ruin her ego again. If they did, Rainbow Dash figured it indicated they were crazy stalkers, and she wouldn't want to be friends with them anyway.

Rainbow flew up to her house and flew upstairs. There wasn't much to pack, besides some bits and a Wonderbolts poster. She looked over at Tank, who sat in his cage.

"Should I take you, buddy?" She asked aloud. Tank slowly blinked. Rainbow Dash nodded.

"You're right. You're my pet, and you deserve to come with me!"

As she tidied up her house, Rainbow Dash thought about her number one fan, Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash wondered if she'd even miss a filly who would dump her for the latest fad in half a second.

"She was nice, I guess," Rainbow Dash decided. "Maybe even like a little sister. But I can't stick around here." She snapped her suitcase shut, grabbed Tank from his cage, and flew off to the train station. She would probably miss Fluttershy the most. But that would fade, Rainbow Dash knew. They deserved this slap in the face. Rainbow smiled and pushed all regrets out of her mind.

~

Rarity needed her drama couch right about now. Fluttershy was crying, Pinkie Pie's hair had deflated, and Applejack and Twilight were just standing and talking.

"Of all the worst possible things," Rarity cried through tears, "this is The. Worst. Possible. THING! And I really mean it this time!" She blew her nose into a spare tissue.

"We should have just talked to her!" Fluttershy whimpered. "We shouldn't have challenged her like that." Pinkie Pie patted Fluttershy's head sympathetically, but she said nothing.

"Now, listen hear y'all," Applejack began. "It's sure a shame that Rainbow Dash is leavin', but it's her choice, an' we can't be the ones to stop her."

"But what if she's made a bad choice?" Rarity asked, blowing her nose again. Applejack's ears flopped down.

"Ah don't want her to go any more than you do, but movin' somewhere new ain't a bad choice. It's a choice. It ain't good or bad."

"We should explain that we were Mare Do Well," Twilight suggested softly.

"Somepony has to tell Scootaloo!" Rarity exclaimed suddenly. "Sweetie Belle is always rambling how Rainbow Dash is Scootaloo's idol. We need to tell her!"

"I guess we need to talk to Rainbow Dash," Pinkie Pie said. Her mane spoofed up a bit. "Maybe we can convince her not to leave!"

"We can try," Twilight agreed. The five friends left the house and cantered to Rainbow Dash's house.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight shouted. "Rainbow Dash, all you there?" Nopony replied. Fluttershy flew up to the door. A minute later, she flew back down.

"She's not there," Fluttershy admitted quietly. The other four stared at her.

"Ah guess, Ah guess she's gone now," Applejack said. Fluttershy and Rarity could barely stop tears from forming in their eyes.

"I'm sure this isn't the end," Twilight stated softly, looking up into the sky. "Don't worry, girls, we'll see her again."

Author's Note:

Well, I have had the idea that Rainbow trolls her friends for a long time. If I were Rainbow and my friends were apparently trying to ruin me, I'd be made too. I also have similar scenarios for Pinkie Pie and Spike (Party of One and Power Ponies) but they probably won't get written.
Update: I go back on Fimfiction and I have 27 messages and half of them are comments on this story!
Update 2: Edited this so there's more conflict inside Rainbow.