• Published 17th Nov 2014
  • 2,828 Views, 118 Comments

The Bird Son of No One - Tue-moi



Altair doesn't know how he appeared in the land of Equestria, but despite what may be a peaceful Kingdom he slowly finds corrupted sections of the government, and he operates amongst the people in a secret crusade to defend the innocent.

  • ...
3
 118
 2,828

Chapter 2 *edited*

A lone bird soared across the sky, scanning the vast prairie far below. It had been on the search for hours on end, looking for something to eat, but once again it had to go with a day without a meal. With its energy too low for it to bear, it slowly descended from the sky to seek rest, but before it came close to the ground, its keen eyes spotted something unusual in the distance.

From its altitude, it could easily spot anything scurrying across the land. Well, that is if only anything walked the lands so that it could get the meals it dearly sought. At the moment, its eyes could make out a white, fluid ball that hovered just above the tall dry grass. It would've simply ignored it, guessing that it wouldn't be edible (as determined by its unnatural appearance), but if it wasn’t for the fact that a soft blue glow that faded in and out of existence from the oddity, the bird simply could not tear his gaze away. Every couple of seconds, a near invisible wave of blue coloured rays would rapidly travel across the land. The fluid sphere was beating like a heart with waves of energy pulsing from it.

With nothing else on its mind, as well as having its curiosity peaked, the predator quickly flew towards the unnatural anomaly. As it flew, it kept its eyes on the pulsating orb, and as it did so, it noticed that the beating had slowly came to a halt. The wind seemed to have picked up speed around the floating, pulsating orb, and then, out of nowhere, a bright flash came from the sphere and blinded the bird. Surprised from the sudden loss of its sight, the bird sounded a panicked clatter, but kept itself from falling from the sky with self-discipline. However, as soon as its vision returned to it, the bird quickly took notice that the sphere had vanished from its sight.

The bird was left miffed that its object of interest had disappeared, but just as it was about to turn its sight away from the area where the orb once was, it spotted a white lump that was splayed across the dry grass down below. Interest quickly returned to its once crestfallen state, and it descended as fast as it could before the white lump winked out of existence like the orb did. Just before it embarrassed itself with an ungraceful crash, however, the bird spread out its claws and landed flawlessly on top of the white object.

-----------------------------------------------------

When consciousness returned to him, he was startled as he felt something crash against him. Flailing around, he felt the thing that had awoken him remove itself from his person, and soon Altair found himself in discomfort in the darkness.

As he lay on the ground, a soft burning sensation washed over his body, and as it continued, he slowly began to regain feeling across his old body. Not knowing why he was on the ground, Altair thought it best to do a self-assessment to make sure he didn’t have anything damaged. Knowing his old body, he could’ve broke something for all he knew, and he didn’t want to sit on his chair with a broken leg or rib.

Having lost his sight, he was unable to visually check himself over, so he opted to physically go over his person instead. Although he didn’t know how he would manage to do so, seeing as how he was unable to feel much of anything, but he decided that by patting himself over, any intense pains that screamed out from the numbness he felt on his whole body would alert him as to what injury he had sustained and at what degree of severity it was. Slowly, he tried to lift his arm, but it felt like it was being held down. Soon, he gave up on trying to lift his arm as it seemed adamant on not budging a single inch. For all he knew, his arms could be broken, but he couldn’t fully determine that yet until he was able to give himself a proper self-assessment.

Instead, he opted to focus on breathing as it was already becoming a chore to do so, but it was nothing that Altair could not overcome. Every time he breathed in, his lungs would give a dull burning sensation, as if it was struggling to take in air. It was entirely possible that they were punctured from a broken rib, but like his arms, he couldn’t conclude that thought unless he regained his senses and the ability to move. As he continued to work on his breathing, he noticed that he had yet to taste any blood in his mouth. He was sure that blood would’ve found its way to his throat if his lungs were punctured, so it was safe to assume that nothing was wrong with his chest.

He didn’t know how long he laid there sprawled on the ground, but as time passed by, breathing became less of a chore. Now that he was more at ease, he once again opened his eyes, but was slightly dismayed to see a grey fog. Thinking that blinking away the fog out of his eyes would help, Altair rapidly blinked for a few moments, but the enduring presence of the fog led him to conclude that he was either blind, or he had sustained a concussion that made him temporarily lose his sense of sight. Altair hoped for the latter as he wished that his blindness would not be permanent, and that time would give Altair back his sight he closed his eyes. But in the meantime, he also had the task of focusing his attention on trying to not fall asleep as the loss of consciousness could bring some danger with it.

Still feeling the burning sensation everywhere, he slowly began to do some small body movements with his arms and legs, trying to wiggle his feet around to improve his circulation. Hopefully it was just a blood circulation problem that could be easily fixed with some simple stretches, and self-massages.

Slowly, oh so slowly, he began to regain a sense of feeling through his body, but soon it all gave way to numbness…

AND PINS AND NEEDLES!

OH BY THE PRIEST’S BEARD IT’S ALL OVER MY BODY!

It seemed that even Altair was not immune to the aftereffects of the lack of muscle movement. Oh how Altair disliked receiving the unbearable prickling under the skin, but at the very least, it did ease his worries about any damage to his body as he soon began to regain feeling.

With much effort, he changed his position to help get rid of the prickling sensation, and he slowly began to move his limbs once more to let the blood flow again. Satisfied that the uncomfortable burn across his body was gone along with the prickling he now could feel his body, but what troubled him most was that he couldn’t feel his feet and hands. Panicking, he brought his right arm close to his face, but with him being blind, he couldn’t see what was wrong, and so he placed his hand against his cheek.

For a few silent moments he tried to process what he felt, but his mind was left dull and void. Feeling no blood or exposed bone he began to question whether his hands had been amputated or not. Maybe his stubs were cauterized? No, that was impossible! He should still be in the safety of his tomb…

Wait a moment…

With his face being the most receptive to touch, he moved his head to the side and rubbed it against the ground. As he felt the ground against his cheek, he expected to feel the cold stone flooring, but instead of that, he felt the unmistakable prickling of grass against his cheek. Ceasing his investigation he concluded that he was outside on a patch or field of grass, but the question was: how did he end up outside with missing hands? Slowly he opened his eyes, and felt a wave of relief wash over him as he realised that his vision was improving with the fog in his sight dissipating, but he still had trouble seeing through the blurs. He couldn't make out much with his limited vision, but he speculated that he was in a vast field of green grass.

Now that he had some amount of sight restored to his eyes, he began to check his hand, and froze when he received a fuzzy visualization of a white stump, taking the place of where his hand should’ve been. Moving down from his stump, he saw a long, brown blur and assumed it to be his leather wrist guards. He knew that his hidden blades were attached to them so that he was not weaponless. With that in mind, he concluded that most of his arm still remained intact despite the loss of his hand.

Feeling the need to get up, he rolled over and lay on his stomach, pushing himself off the ground with his arms right after. However, as he did so, he was startled once again to feel another missing hand on his left arm. Keeping his composure together, he tried his best to not panic and moved to stand. With the remains of his strength, he managed to stand up on his hind limbs, but for some odd reason as tried to stand on two legs, he had trouble keeping his balance, and his hips were getting sore… It didn’t feel entirely natural to stand on his legs anymore.

Ignoring the pain in his hips, he noticed his vision now returning to him, but as he looked onward, he saw nothing but an endless expanse of grass. Unconcerned about his location at the moment, Altair looked down at himself, and noticed that his white robes were still on, along with red sash. But as he looked further down, he was disturbed to see that his feet were also replaced with stubs! He tried to calm himself down with all the rising panic in his heart, but bringing up his arms to his eyes, he could now clearly look at the stumps where his hands used to be. Silently, he stared at his stumps examining them to make sense of his current situation. Noticing that there were no indications that his hands were cut off, he wondered how he could just lose his hands, but then as he stared closer at them, he also notices that there was a layer of white fur on his stumps. His wrists, as he had remarked, were also covered in white fur.

Looking back at his feet, he assumed that they were magically removed too, replaced by the same stumps covered in fur. Moving his lower robes aside, he inspected his legs and found that they too were covered in white fur, but then he noticed that his knees didn’t look right at all. His knees looked to be double jointed, and the lower knees bent backwards. So, it appeared that he seemed to have hinge legs now…

As Altair looked himself over he noticed that his nose seemed to be bigger too. Having difficulty checking over his nose, he opted to feel it with his stumps and visualize how it looked from touch. Placing a stump on his face, he moved it over to where his nose should be, but then it began to get stranger when his jaw also extended with his nose. Moving his tongue inside his mouth also felt different. He notices that he seemed to be missing his sharper teeth, flatter molars seemingly having replaced them. Grinding his teeth against one another, he tried to find any other changes, but nothing else other than his teeth were all flat.

Not too sure if anything else changed, Altair ended his self-assessment for the moment, and looked around him once more. Relying on his memory, Altair couldn’t help but feel slightly disorientated as he realized that this was a place he had never been to before. The color in everything just seemed to pop out more, and the details looked to be simpler than back at the Holy Lands.

Sighing, he began to think over what may have transpired.

Rubbing one of his stumps against his forehead Altair closed his eyes and thought back to what happened before he woke up here. Now, the only thing that he could remember was that he locked away the Apple of Eden, then sat on the chair and awaited death.

I awaited death.

I died.

Looking up to the sky, he aimlessly searched for answers. Altair suspected reincarnation must’ve been the reason why his body had succumbed to these changes without his knowledge, but what kind of sorcery could change your whole body structure? He had gained a great amount of knowledge from the Apple, but he didn’t come across any form of sorcery such as this. His gaze fell to the sun, and as he basked under its warm rays as his mind turned to a nameless God he prayed to. He had made a simple prayer back before he lost consciousness in the tomb, and his belief of something after death might’ve been the reason why he was here. He was not entirely sure if this was the afterlife such as heaven, or if he had been given the chance to live another life in a bright, colorful world. Slowly, he began to view the power of faith under a different light now. If he was going to put his faith in anything, it shall be the sun, because its brilliant aura brought light and warmth to the lands and the people. It was like the sun was a body of magic watching over the lands.

Looking around him once more, he didn’t see any angels to greet him to a heaven. So, at the moment it was safe to assume he’d been given another chance at life, but why would he be given another chance? He had killed more people than he could ever count, and in some instances, he had accidentally caused the deaths of his fellow men and his wife. Still confused about his situation, he looked to the sun for guidance, but it didn’t give him a single clue to aid him. Maybe he didn’t need to be guided by faith. After all, he had the view that faith blinds people, believing that God may only interact with mortals when they were conceived, and when death takes them.

Altair’s first step caused him to trip from a sudden loss of balance. Landing on the hard ground with a dull thud, he groaned in annoyance. Slowly, he got up once more, but with more of a struggle this time as his legs felt immensely uncomfortable. His hinge knees ached when he tried walking on two legs. Groaning loudly, he only managed to take seven steps forward before falling on his stomach.

Choosing to lay there on the ground, Altair contemplated what to do. Apparently walking wouldn’t get him anywhere, and he was not going to crawl. Now knowing that walking was going to be a difficult task, he would need to learn how to walk all over again with his new anatomy. It shouldn’t be too difficult to relearn to walk, seeing as how he had been walking, running and climbing through his life. Letting out a sigh as the aches in his legs and hips finally subsided, he made another attempt at walking.

Once more, he used his front limbs to push him up off the ground, and then he lifted himself off the ground with the aid of his legs. He was about to try standing on twos once more, but oddly enough, he felt much more comfortable standing on all fours. His legs and hips weren’t aching, his spine didn’t feel stressed from such a position, and his arms felt like they could support himself. He felt somewhat annoyed that he may have been turned into some sort of animal, thinking back on how four legged animals walk...

animals...

He was going to be walking like an animal. The thought bothered him greatly, but he quickly calmed himself down and thought back to how a dog or horse walks. The only animal that he could think of at the moment was a horse, because he spent more time with a horse than he did with a dog or cat. Thinking on how a horse gaits, Altair slowly placed his left leg forward, then his left arm, his right leg going next before his right arm. He would’ve suspected that he might come across much difficulty or pain, but he realized that walking on all fours didn’t hurt unlike the two legged method he previously attempted. It was a simple sequence of walking: Left leg and left arm, right leg and right arm.

The whole ordeal still felt unnatural to him, but like any good assassin, he could adapt to whatever situation pretty quickly. If assassins could not adapt, then their lives were at risk, and Altair was known to be a natural to challenge whatever was thrown at him and come out on top. Feeling like he was making some progress, he continued to walk forward.

He looked up towards the sun to see what time of the day it was at the moment, and he guessed that it should be early or mid-afternoon, so he had plenty of daylight before the sun goes down. Even then, however, he would continue his trek under the stars. Noticing that there was no sign of immediate danger around him, he put more concentration on his footwork, but was still aware of his surroundings. Altair did not know how long he had been walking in the grassland, but after what felt like an been an hour or so, he could tell that he was really getting the hang of walking. Although his foot placement was still flawed, coupled with a few stumbles here and there, Altair felt confident enough to pick up the pace.

After a while, Altair began to feel something missing from his attire. Stopping, he quickly looked over himself, but saw nothing missing. He still had his Master Robes, sash and his leather wrist guards. Despite of all that, however, he couldn’t shake the feeling of nakedness, and it only took a while more before he then noticed that he didn’t feel the linen hood placed on his head. He tried to peek behind him, and he let out a grateful sigh when he found that his hood was not damaged or missing, although he was now having trouble with how he was going to put his hood on…

Looking back at his right stump that was planted on the ground, he began to ponder. He shouldn’t fall over if he used one of his limbs to move his hood back up because he would still have three other limbs to support himself. Shrugging, he lifted his right arm off the ground and used it to push his hood back in place. His ears did feel somewhat uncomfortable now with the hood placed atop his head, so with his right arm, he feels over his head again and searched for his ears. Feeling the stump making contact with his… ears?.. It seemed that his ears too had grown in length. Feeling the need to procure a mirror or find a lake so that he could see what had happened to him, he continued with his trek, although truth be told, he didn’t really have much of an idea on where he was going, but he simply felt the need to keep moving forward with the hope that eventually, he would find something.

Not having an accurate idea of how long he had been walking, he looked up to the placement of the sun, and noticed that it didn’t move that far across the sky. Not too sure why it felt like it had been hours since he started walking, but maybe it had to do with the fact he didn’t have anything on his mind except keeping constant track of his leg movement and foot planting. Well, Altair had heard many people (especially kids) remark that time for them slows when they were bored or when they had nothing to do. The same case should have been happening to him since all he was doing is walking, but it really felt like he’d walked for hours…. Not having a true answer, he opted for the simple explanation of boredom messing with his perception of time.

So, with not having much clue of how much time really passed, he finally came across a dirt road, but then noticed many round imprints in the dirt road. Looking over to his own stump and to the round marks, he gave an inquisitive hum. Slowly placing his stump next the round mark, he pressed it in the dirt, and lifted his arm away. He was slightly taken aback that both his and the mark on the dirt looked identical, and he began to suspect that there were more people that might be similar to him.

Looking to the right of the road, he only saw that the path seemed to have no end as far as he could see. Although in the far off in the horizon he can make out mountains, the trek that way could potentially be a long one with no immediate source of food, water or shelter. And if he did make the trek to the mountains, what was to say that there was nothing there but rock and mountain snow? Looking at the opposite direction, he noticed a lake off into the distance, and where there was a lake, there usually was a settlement. Fishing villages were one of the most common settlements that could be found when venturing towards lakes, and if there was a village, he could possibly acquire information of the land he found himself in. Feeling as though he had a real destination now, Altair took to the dirt road, and quickly picked up the pace so he could quickly find the answers he craved.

His time on the road wasn't very interesting to reflect on, seeing how there was nothing but dirt road and grassland all around him, as well as the mountains behind him in the far off in the horizon, but judging from the sun, he had probably spent about two hours trekking towards the lake. Considering that he was at the age of 93, Altair had to admit that he was surprised that he had lasted so long, but he quickly came up with his own answer for his lack of aches and fatigue: the new form that he had taken must have been much younger than the one he left back in his tomb. It was the only real explanation that he could come up with that made mild sense, considering how little information he had at the moment. All in all, he was just pleased that he could proceed to trek long distances without any burning agony from his legs.

Looking down at the road, he inspected it, and from what he could tell, it was a road that was frequently travelled. He could tell that the road seemed to be used to transport goods seeing how there were plenty of track marks from wheels in the dirt. Although he was not surprised to see more hoof marks in the ground seeing as how he too was a being with hooves, but with keen eyes, he spotted several imprints that would indicate that a large bird had set foot here, and that there were paw marks of a lion present too. With evidence that a large predatory cat was lurking around, Altair kept close attention to his surrounds, the thought of being caught off guard and attacked by a hungry lion being less than desirable. As Altair made haste towards the lake at the end of the dirt road, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was being closely followed.

Slowly coming to a stop, he quickly scanned his immediate surroundings with sharp eyes, but seeing nothing that would cause him harm, he listened for movement instead. All was quiet around him, with only the sound of the breeze stirring the leaves of trees filling his ears.

Then he heard movement.

Looking above, he spotted a bird of sorts, possibly a small species of Eagle. It glided through the sky for a moment, and then it quickly flew past him along the dirt road. It seemed as though it was heading towards the lake too, but it was not waiting for him. Taking this as a divine sign of sorts, he continued towards his destination in a light canter down the dirt road.

After a while, he finally made it to his destination: the lake. Although he was relieved to see a large settlement at the other side of the lake, he felt the need to check his reflection, and to get a drink. Walking on all fours, he made his way to the edge of the lake, and he would've been freaking out if he hadn't already had an idea on how he looked like a long time ago during his self-assessment. Even then, his large eyes widened even more so as he took in his appearance.

Pulling back the hood, Altair took a good look at his face. Opening his mouth, Altair noticed that his new teeth looked to be more of a herbivore’s than an omnivore, something which greatly disappointed him, seeing as how he enjoyed the occasional dinner with meat as the main course. If the nature of animals and their teeth worked the same here, then he would end up eating a non-meat diet with plenty of plants in his life. Closing his mouth, he took in the fact that his nose and jaw seemed to have turned into a squarish, slightly rounded muzzle that bore similarities from a small horse or pony. The more he inspected himself, the more it started making sense why he no longer had hands or feet with his form. Now closer resembling a horse, but unlike the hooves from horses back home, his hooves seemed to be covered in fur with most of the bone-like structures barely visible. Although he could feel the hardened structure through the fur, the bottom of his arm was the most jarring to him. He would've suspected to see the bottom of a hoof, but instead there was nothing there with only a flat, fur covered surface. It was nothing like the hooves of horses, but in this realm, some things may have had some differences as compared to his home.

Sighing, he took a look back at his irregular face, taking special notice of his irises that were still brown like before. Although he was worried that his eyes might fall out of their sockets after seeing how large his eyes are, they felt like they were secured in there and that they shouldn't pop out. Despite of that security, he still felt the need to take extra care for his eyes if he didn't want to damage or lose them, and considering how large they were, he needed to make sure nothing got into them. He also seemed to have a light stubble, which was odd, considering how horses or ponies wouldn't be able to grow any, and his hair was still remarkably short and raven black. It seemed Altair still retained some of his features in his past life, but others were slightly altered in this new body. It was not something that he was thinking of when passing on to another life or entering paradise, but he was not going to complain about it since God seemed to think this will work out for him.

Feeling somewhat content with his looks, Altair placed his muzzle in the lake and drank his fill of much-needed water. Feeling much better with cool water washing away the dryness of his mouth and throat, he placed his hood back on and made his way around the large lake towards the settlement. It didn't take too long to reach the large village, but he didn't walk into the settlement just yet. He'd rather observe the large village than to go into the area blind, because he didn't know what could be within the area, and would rather examine the place to look for anything that would pose a threat. He was only just about half a kilometre from the village limits, but from what he could roughly tell that there was plenty of movement within the village. Seeing nothing that could be considered an immediate threat, he slowly moved closer towards the village, although he continued to stick close to the edge of the lake.

As he moved closer, he could spot many equine-like beings such as himself, but they came in a large array of colours, though that wasn’t what he was fully looking at. What Atair was looking at was the large, half beasts that walked amongst the equines within the settlement. From what Altair could gather, these half beasts greatly resembled the Griffins of ancient lore from many countries and city states he visited on his travels. He had the rare opportunity to travel, experience and study the many different cultures and religions, and the Griffin was a popular creature, with many places having statues and paintings of these ancient beasts. Altair didn't know what to make of this discovery, but these stories told that these half beasts were dangerous, with them often preying on men for food. So, why would meat-eating beasts like them peacefully walk amongst their prey? There had to be something he is missing, but Altair lacked any information to come to any factual conclusion.

Right now, he needed to retrieve information somehow, and from what he could tell, there weren't any armed guards posted anywhere. It should have been pretty easy to walk into the village without drawing too much attention on him- “FREEZE STRANGER!”

Taken by surprise, Altair looked around his immediate vicinity, but he couldn't find anyone around him. Before he could question his hearing and sanity, however, he heard heavy flapping of wings. Slowly looking skywards, he felt his jaw slacken in surprise: There were three of those half beasts (or more appropriately named Griffins) donned in somewhat functional looking armour, and they were armed with swords and spears. They were currently descending from the air to the ground near him, and deciding that it would be a wiser choice to listen, he stayed put, seeing that they had the advantage of flight, and numbers. He had to admit that the oddest thing was that they spoke in foreign words, but he could easily recognize it. They spoke in English, but why would they speak in the language that supposedly originated from Provincia Britannia or the Kingdom of England?

The moment the three of those half beasts landed, he instinctively reached for a blade on his form, but then he remembered that he didn’t have any weapons to defend himself with. Moreover, he had yet to figure out how to even draw out his hidden blade, so he was practically defenseless in combat. Sighing softly in annoyance, Altair looked towards the Griffins as they reached for their swords too, but it was only their leader that brought his sword out of its sheath, although he had not pointed his blade at Altair.

“Stranger, what are you doing way out here?” The thing spoke like any other city guard you’d meet back in the Holy Land with their deep, gruff voices full of authority.

Altair was well versed in the English language thanks to Maria, but it had been a while indeed since he uttered a word in that tongue. Still, he could not be the silent stranger. Altair decided to keep his speech simple to keep himself from saying anything that might offend them. “Resting.” The assassin hoped that they wouldn’t antagonize him as he was well aware that he could not fend for himself, seeing how he was not completely used to his body, and that he had yet to test his abilities with this new form.

The thing looked down to him through its helm’s t-slit visor. “Oh? is that so?” The thing spoke with disbelief in his tone, but it kept itself from mocking him. Then, it used its free hand to point at him, although Altair wasn’t too sure of what.

“Is there something wrong?” Altair asked as he looked over their weapons. So far, it seemed that their weaponry was nothing special. Just simple broad swords and spears, nothing too fancy or elaborate, meaning that these men, or Griffins in this case, preferred efficiency when it came to their equipment. Same thing went for their armor which mainly consisted of simple leather armor for the two other Guards, and studded armor for the leader who was addressing him, but they all used the same iron helm. Though it was odd that they wouldn’t carry a shield on their person in the event of a clash.

“You look mighty suspicious with your get up.” The half beast said as his comrades moved to surround him.

Taking short glances at the other two, Altair once again spoke, but with some amount of agitation in his words. “What are you implying?” Questioning the beast wouldn’t get him anywhere, and he needed to stay calm.

“Nothing, just that why would a pony-” Ah, interesting. Seems as though they have the word Pony, and Altair also found it interesting to know that he had taken the form of a pony.”-like you hide underneath a hood?” Unsure if the half beast was playing with him now, Altair answered in the best way he could without telling them what he was as he knew how the Guards would react if he said that he was an Assassin.

“The robes I wear is of significance to my culture.” Not entirely a lie, but Altair was not trying to intimidate the Guards by saying ‘I wear these robes, because I’m the master of an Order of Assassins’. That would be preposterous, insane even. What kind of idiot would reveal such things in the first place? The prolonged presence of the guards was making him nervous, and he wished that the Guards would just buy his words and leave him be.

“I don’t believe you.” The leader declared as its subordinates lowered their spears and pointed them at Altair. Of course… Why was he even naive enough to think that Guards would leave people like him alone? He had to agree that he did look suspicious as compared to the other ponies that he had seen at the village, however. “I never heard of a culture that wears garb such as yours, and Ponies never try to hide their identity unless they’re guilty of something.” …Well, he couldn’t blame the buzzard, but it had no proof that Altair had committed a crime or would be committing one. It was unfair, of course, but even Guards tended to abuse their authority to get things done their way.

Knowing that if he didn't convince the Guard that he was not a criminal, he was most likely going to be thrown in a prison, and like anyone else, Altair really didn’t want to be behind bars because of a misunderstanding. “Guard, I swear to you I haven’t done any unlawful acts-.” He tried to make a plea, but the half beast cut him off before he was even finished speaking.

Knowing that he could not defend himself, and that resisting them then would most likely end with injuries for him, Altair submitted. “I’m taking you in for being suspicious of a criminal.” Well, that certainly was an odd reason to detain anyone, but it probably cancelled out the possibility of being hanged or anything of the like. Once the leader of these Guards said those words, the other two were quick to grab him by the forelegs, and one of them placed some sort of cuffs on his forelegs. Putting up no resistance, they easily dragged him towards the village. Altair didn’t know what they were going to do to him, but he was already coming up with a plan as they came closer to the village.

Okay, so, uuuuuh, well, I like to say that I think this chapter could've been better paced and written, and edited, but god dammit I spent so long on this I just want to get this out of the way, and move on, eh. Like seriously, this chapter was a little of a pain in the ass for me to write, and I did what I could with my limited writing skills, eh. Now, I'm tired as fuck, like seriously, I'm really tired, and I don't have the will to continue this chapter, eh. I may come back to this and fix up some of my lazy bullshit here, but at the moment I just wanted to write, and publish two chapters to test the waters, eh.

If you see any bullshit in my story just comment or PM, then I'll maybe get to fixing those, eh. Really depends how tired I am at the time, eh. I truly can't wait until people start tearing this story a new asshole, eh. This is truly exciting, eh.

Update - Once again Firestreak2018 has edited this, and I would like to make him my pet, because he's pretty much a better editor than I and I would love to make him mine, eh. :pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 106 )

5278631 DO IT YOU FAGET! :rainbowkiss:

5278637 I can't wait until people actually rekt my shitty fanfic, eh. :eeyup:

5278644 Several people actually promised to rage review my fanfic for the fun of it, eh. :eeyup:

It gonna be good, Keep writing my friend, and I will Check and result.

5278656 Oh I will, eh.


5278654 No problem is seen? Well, I guess I do have some amount of writing skill, eh. Thanks for the fav, eh. :duck:

Upvoted on premise alone. :pinkiehappy:

5278712 Tis vunderful! :pinkiecrazy:

5278717 I like this. Fav and upvote.

hmmmmm :applejackunsure: HMMMMMM :derpyderp2: *clicks read later and leaves*

5278873 HMMMMMMMMMM! :pinkiecrazy:


5278858 thanks for the fav, bruh, eh. :eeyup:

5278879 hmm HMM HMM HMM HMM :pinkiecrazy:

I read the title, and I was like: "huh? What a weird title."
Then I saw the cover art and I was like: "Oh! Because Altair ibn-La'Ahad means the bird son of no one."
Very clever good sir :moustache:

5279091 I've gone mad too, eh.


5279058 I like to think I'm clever sometimes, eh. :trollestia:

There's a paragraph that repeats in the second chapter (for me at least).

“Is there something wrong?” I asked as I looked over their weapons, and so far it seems to be nothing special. Just simple broad swords and spears, nothing too fancy or elaborate. Meaning that these men, or Griffins preferred efficiency when it comes to their equipment. Same goes for their armor which mainly contains simple leather armor for the two other Guards, and studded armor for the leader who is addressing me, but they use the same iron helm. Though it is odd that they wouldn’t carry a shield on their person the event they were to get into a clash.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked as I looked over their weapons, and so far it seems to be nothing special. Just simple broad swords and spears, nothing too fancy or elaborate. Meaning that these men, or Griffins preferred efficiency when it comes to their equipment. Same goes for their armor which mainly contains simple leather armor for the two other Guards, and studded armor for the leader who is addressing me, but they use the same iron helms. Though it is odd that they wouldn’t carry a shield on their person in the event they were to get into a clash.

5279200 This here is what I want you to notice before reading, eh.

So, what can a person who's hyped up on coffee and is tired as to all hell can write? Well, quite a lot of words were written so there's quantity... but the quality? No idea, eh.

Still, I enjoy it when scrubs rip shit apart, eh.

There is a duplicate paragraph when Altiar in conversing with the guards.
Just thought I'd let you know. I do love this story though.

5279205
I usually only mention the obvious stuff like that so... Eh. You either copied the paragraph or you were able to write the same paragraph word for word while nearly brain dead, that's impressive.

Good luck with the story :twilightsmile:.

5280759
It reminds me of a discussion I had with a few friends where we came up with the idea that at the end of the last Assassin's Creed game it will be revealed that the entire series was actually the Chief in the Animus.

Very interesting

They made a mistake taking him in. Even if he isn't used to his body yet, fighting an assassin when they are unarmed is a challenge. Fighting them when they have both of their hidden blades, and you just have a sword, you are outmatched.

Alright, I've now read both chapters so far.

Coffee + sleep deprivation have really put you in a spot where you should try to look for an editor... :twilightoops:

But I just can't bring myself to downvote this. It's Altaïr! :yay:

5282032 Shit, really? Wow, so the Assassin tweens finally made me popular for five minutes? :duck:

5281042 I FINALLY HAS 2 DOWNVOTES! I CAN FEEL THEIR OPPRESSING GAZE ON ME FOR WRITING SUCH A SHIT STORY! :pinkiecrazy:


5281417 For some reason I don't have the will to write if I'm wide awake, and not hyped up on coffee, eh. Sooooo, I guess I'll be needing to get an editor to fix my bullshit, eh. Plus, my preferred writing is with storyboards and comics, uh, well, it is to be expected to be somewhat shit...

fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/181/a/5/crazy_celestia_by_magister39-d7okwrj.png

many problems. you constantly oscillate between 1st and third person, and you have a duplicate paragraph. There are a few capitalization errors too.

such error, many like, very amateur, wow

He has killed more people than he can count, and in some instances accidently caused the deaths of fellow his fellow men and my wife.

5294736 STICK BY ME! I HAS AN EDITOR NOW! :raritydespair:

I shall continue the story once both current chapters are edited, eh. :eeyup:

Oh my gawd, even if you really wanted to get it out of the way, i feel as though you hardly even tried!:twilightangry2:

*phew*

Sorry, kinda lost it there... :twilightsheepish:
Next time please,please dont half-ass it next time, this story is way to good and has so much potential for you to only go half way. :fluttercry:

5295030 IT'S LIKE NO ONE READS THE AUTHOR NOTES OR THE SHIT BELOW THE STORY DESCRIPTION! :raritydespair:

So, what can a person who's hyped up on coffee and is tired as to all hell can write? Well, quite a lot of words were written so there's quantity... but the quality? No idea, eh.

1.bp.blogspot.com/-hAR0XO2w8K4/UXAR8AsZ0KI/AAAAAAAAANg/RM0UA9o0daQ/s1600/Celestia+troll+face.jpg

I'm juz sayin', if you fix it it would make it less of a shit-fic and more of a fic-fic. damn dude... :unsuresweetie:

Dat troll dough. :rainbowlaugh: :trollestia:

5295256 Don't worry, everything is going swimmingly now, eh. :duck:

5278634 thats a relief
Looking forward to the nxt installment! :pinkiehappy:

You need to make more because this is awesosm:heart:

5297456 The next instalment is being written, but I'm mostly working on something else that is planned to be published this weekend, eh. :derpytongue2:


5297526 Don't worry thy scrublord I will continue this story once my editor gets his shit done, eh. :eeyup:

I will say this patlestia you have done better than most AC crossover writers I've seen so far so here's a mustache :moustache::moustache::moustache:

5297737 I'LL ALWAYS WRITE MY SHIT WHILE I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED! :pinkiecrazy:


5298178 I do try to make my shit a little more special, eh. :scootangel:

Login or register to comment