• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 1,317 Views, 34 Comments

Doctor Whooves 3: The End of the Universe - Draconaquest



While in the Crystal Empire with Rose and Twilight, The Doctor must face his worst enemy.

  • ...
3
 34
 1,317

A Not-So-Simple Solution

"We're crashing!" The Doctor shouted over the exploding TARDIS.

"No, you think?!" Cadence shouted back. She was clinging on to one of the coral-like columns. "Where are we crashing?"

"The proper question, is when are we!" The Doctor yelled.

Cadence rolled her eyes. "Okay, when are we!?"

"About, thirteen hundred years into the past!" The Doctor replied. "Give a take or century!"

"Where thirteen hundred years ago?" Cadence asked.

The Doctor looked at what was left of the computer screen. "The Everfree Forest!"

The TARDIS console shattered even more. The TARDIS itself began to rotate around. The Doctor and Cadence lost their grip and fell onto the floor, and then onto the ceiling. The TARDIS crashed onto the ground with a loud BOOM!!!, and The Doctor and Cadence fell to the floor, and collapsed.

Then the TARDIS sprinkler system went off. "Oh, now you go off!" The Doctor shouted. "Why couldn't you have off five minutes ago!" The Doctor stood up, and kicked the TARDIS wall. He then recoiled in pain. He walked over to the door, and stepped out. The TARDIS was leaning up against a tree, smoke pouring from the light. "Well, the anti-gravs are still working, so it's repairable."

"What's repairable?" Cadence asked, stepping out of the TARDIS. She was soaking wet from the sprinklers.

"The TARDIS." The Doctor replied, drying off his bow-tie. "It can be fixed, so we can go back to the future."

Cadence began to squeeze the water out of her mane. "But who did this?" She asked. "Who is he, and what's his plan?"

"He's called The Master." The Doctor explained, putting his bow-tie back on. "He's an old enemy I thought long dead. The reason he kidnapped you was to create a clone that he could control, but I'm not sure why."

The Doctor looked around his surroundings. The Everfree Forest wasn't like the way it was in the future. It was nice and green, with small insects flying around. It was a bright summers day, around eighty degrees Fahrenheit. But, it smelled wrong. Like a small town. He turned around and saw a bridge over a canyon. Beyond the bridge was a huge castle. The Doctor realized, he was looking at the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.

"Oh no..." He muttered to himself.

"What?" Cadence asked. The Doctor ignored her and ran into the TARDIS.

The lights were off, and the sprinklers were off. The Doctor began pressing buttons on the console remains. He got a frustrated look on his face and punched the console. "What's wrong?" Cadence asked, walking into the TARDIS.

"The only power that's left is the emergency power." The Doctor said. "There isn't enough power to travel back through time. The monitor still works at least." He walked over to the monitor and shut it off, trying to save power.

"So we get help." Cadence said.

"From who?" The Doctor asked. "Who in this world would help us?" Suddenly, The Doctor got it, and a grin flashed upon his face. "This is the time of the Royal Pony sisters! We can get their help!"

He open the doors, only to see a spear pointed straight at his face. "Oh, hi." The Doctor said. "I was wondering if you could take me to the princesses." The Doctor was looking at two royal guards, wearing obsidian armor, covering their whole bodies.

"Shut up you!" The guard on the guard on the left said.

"No one trespasses on the princesses territory!" The right guard said.

"Hey, I crashed!" The Doctor exclaimed. "It isn't my fault that it crashed!"

"I told you to shut up!" The left guard shouted.

"Oh, what are you two doing now?" A voice behind the guards said. A dark blue alicorn, with a blue flowing mane stepped up. "We are a welcoming people, why you haven't been fired is beyond me." She said.

"Oh, you're Princess Luna." The Doctor said and bowed. "I was just coming to see you."

"You were?" Luna asked. "Why, pray tell."

"Oh, box issues." The Doctor replied. "You know how it is."

"I'm afraid I don't." Luna said.

"Well, it's a long story," The Doctor began. "But, needless to say, we're from the future?"

Luna raised an eyebrow. "We?"

"Oh, right. Sorry." The Doctor said. "This is Cadence." Cadence stepped out of the TARDIS and shyly waved at Luna.

Luna got a shocked look on her face. "Another alicorn?" She mumbled. "How is this possible?"

"We're from the future." The Doctor explained. "About 1300 years into the future, and if we don't get back soon, I can only imagine what The Master will do."

Luna shook the confused look off her face. "I think you may want to see my sister."


The Throne Room was amazing. It was large, with gray wall, with tapestries lining them. Were Celestia sat was a sun tapestry, and a moon one for Luna. They each sat on a throne at the back of the room, while The Doctor and Cadence looked up at them.

It took a while for Luna to explain what had happened to The Doctor and Cadence. They had told Luna the entire story (mostly) on the way to the castle. Luna hadn't understood all of it, but she got the basic info. "So, you need an energy source to power you machine?" Celestia asked.

"That's right." The Doctor confirmed.

"What kind of power do you need?" Celestia asked again.

"Something stable, that won't burn out the TARDIS power matrix, but powerful enough to get us at least one trip." The Doctor explained.

"Hmmm..." Celestia was thinking of something, but no one was sure what.

After a few minutes of silence, Cadence spoke up, "So is there any sort of energy that might work?"

"I can not think of any." Celestia said calmly.

The usual grin that was on The Doctor's face melted off, and a scowl formed. "Oh, come on!" He shouted. "Do you really think that that will do?"

"I beg your pardon?" Celestia asked.

"This is your land in danger!" The Doctor exclaimed. "If you can't help us, it will be destroyed!"

"I'm sorry, brave colt, but there is no such power source that you seek." Celestia said. She said everything calmly, like she didn't care about the future.

Luna had heard enough. She had an idea, though it would be tricky. "I believe I have a solution." Luna said.

"I'm listening." Celestia replied.

"Magic is the solution." Luna explained. "More specifically, alicorn magic. It isn't capable of being destroyed, and it is powerful, but certainly not as powerful as emotional magic, such as love and friendship magic."

"That may work." Celestia agreed. "But, it would take a considerable amount of magic. You couldn't do it alone, you entire life force may be drained out. Even together, we may not have enough strength."

"What about a third element?" Cadence asked. "I'm an alicorn too, after all, it may work with three of us."

Luna nodded and looked at Celestia. Celestia sighed and said, "It's worth a try."


The Doctor had hooked up cables to the princesses. Luna and Celestia were outside the TARDIS, while Cadence was inside. The Doctor had set the coordinates, as once there was enough energy, the TARDIS would wake up and travel to where it was set to go. The Doctor had it set up to where it would appear about five minutes after they left.

"Are you sure of this sister?" Celestia asked.

"No," Luna admitted, "but, if it's the only way to save the future, we must try."

Celestia nodded. "Then I trust you."

The Doctor poked his head out the doors of the TARDIS. "Two things: first of all, when I shout now, start producing as much magic as you can muster. Also, find a forth alicorn princess." The Doctor ran back in, and started to prepare the wrecked TARDIS. It wasn't easy with a half-exploded console.

He turned to Cadence. "Ready?" He said.

She smirked and replied, "Ready."

The Doctor took in a deep breath and shouted, "NOW!!!"

Immediately, the alicorns began to produce magic. The TARDIS power was slowly being restored. The Doctor activated the computer screen and looked at the power levels. 35% AND RISING it read. The power levels increased more, and more. All the TARDIS needed was 75% and it would start going. 50% AND RISING. "Just a little more. 74% AND RISING. The lights came back on, the central core began to move up and down, and the power levels reached 75%. The Doctor's laugh rang throughout the busted time-machine, and it dematerialized into the time vortex.