• Published 28th Oct 2011
  • 29,885 Views, 3,800 Comments

Waking Nightmares - KnightMysterio



Luna's nightmares herald the arrival of nine warriors from another world, as terror haunts Celestia.

  • ...
75
 3,800
 29,885
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 70 )

Egad. A break chapter without a Mood Whiplash nightmare at the end? What wizardry is this?

And now to re-read the whole thing from the beginning

Nice work, though I'm now slightly confused on the timeline. Or was this the last straw and we've finally entered AU material?

When the pressure is on, you'll either turn into dust or you'll become into a strong Diamond.

Great chapter!

7281274

There is a bit of a missing paragraph here

Diamond sighed. “I can't give her full credit...” she said. “But yeah. I learned what I know from her. She had some business partners burn her in the past, steal her business out from under her. Tried to make her look insane. Then Discord came and actually DID make her insane. Remember th

see?

And damnnnnnnnnnnn

7281340 Yeah, we're completely AU at this point.

Well, given that all fanfictions are alternate universes to one extent or another, I think you've heaped a bit of stress on yourself over not much. As for the no mood whiplash, I think that Soldier would be wondering if he can neck-snap a ghost before long.

I only now caught this and...
IT'S ALIVE!!!! X)))
You wouldn't believe for how long it was gathering dust in my "abandoned" bookshelf.

7281823 It isn't abandoned. I'm just a slow updater.

Yay, this story is ACTIVE again!

One hell of a chapter centered around one of the most memorable episodes of the show. Never thought I'd see Spoiled Rich portrayed in a sympathetic light like that. Especially with that backstory involving her ex-friends...

It was the Flim Flam brothers, wasn't it?

That, and the concept of Heartsong. I love how that's catching on :rainbowlaugh:

Leave it to Blueblood to shatter Spoiled Rich's delusions of grandeur further, though...

7281865 Honestly? That's exactly how I figured her attempts to fit in with Canterlot high society. I'm being nicer to Cadet than most by having him not be a racist (just a jerk), but Canterlot strikes me as an old money-type of town that would look down on Earth ponies trying to get into their circles.

7281871 Oh, it was a good move, don't get me wrong :rainbowlaugh: It takes a once-popular socialite of high station to provide a much-needed wakeup call to an ambitious lady of wealth who thinks she would even come close to fitting into that kind of life.

I truthfully kind of expected it the moment he was shown into the chapter :derpytongue2:

This was a nice AU take on that episode.:twilightsmile:

7281474
It was a valiant struggle, and you did manage to cleverly write developments into the story as new episodes aired.

unicorn partners

So the Flim Flam Bros and Discord screwed Diamond Ring, Spoiled Rich... or whatever her name is. I hope the Flim Flam bros get castrated and then some. It could be some other unicorn partners, but my guesses also point to Jet Set and Upper Crust. One more thing! Whoever put the geas on Canterlot must be one of those freaking speciests from Unicornia.

Finally! I fhought this story was dead. And then bam! Applejack is a baroness. .:rainbowlaugh:

7282618 I think everyone, at some point, thinks Waking Nightmares is dead. And then bam! There's a new chapter.

Wait, wait, wait...

Spoiled Rich is Screwloose?

Is that canon?

7283135 To my story, yes. Not to the main MLP canon.

Ah, always excellent to see this story in my feed. Keep up the good work, sir.

7282288 Holy crap, didn't expect to see one of my favorite YouTubers here...

7283189 Well, hopefully next is the final fusion, (the one I've been looking forward to the most to be honest).

By the way, think you could maybe use the Results Are In taunt?

7283784 I have that one. Had it for a while.

7283912 I meant in the story. At the end of the fight, just before Twilight Medic delivers a lethal dose of whatever's in the Crusader's Crossbow, "Diagnosis, you're dead!"

7283331
Yeah; Imgur images don't work on FIMFiction ever since the imgur hosting debacle.

Set your one-year timer my brothers and sisters, the next chapter is coming... See you all one year later!:derpytongue2:

Really like this chapter, with the crusaders getting their cutie marks and all. Next chapter is when shit gonna hit the fan again. P.S. I like the fact you made the Apples old royalty.

7286366 Eheheh... Ah... *cough*

7286858 relax, it's just a joke... I hope...:rainbowderp:

The hell took man? Writer's Block? Personal Issues? SPEAK UP! I NEED TO KNOW WHY THIS TOOK A YEAR!

7297193 Please look at some of my past journals to learn why this took so long.

unrelated to the story, but does anyone know a good free android reader? FbReader crashes every time I try to load this on my phone.

7299511 get a Moon+ reader
For me the only time it crashed (but it still managed to load next try) was when opening 'the chase' which is 2.3million words long

7311821 What?.. 2.3 million words loaded on a mobile reader? WHO WRITES THIS MUCH IN ONE CHAPTER?!

7331047 HTML version, whole book loaded at the same time

7354366 I was thinking more of an O RLY meme, actually.

7283189
To be fair, from some other fanfiction I've read (namely, the MLP Loops) it seems that those two, Spoiled Rich and Screwloose, are often one and the same, or were before canon happened.

Heh, I winder how many chapters tatsurou " 30,000 words a day is a comfortable pace for me" can crank out before this updates again...

7410693 Any Nightmare featured in this story is going to be a corruption of an actual pony. I'm sorry.

I think you misunderstand what kind of story this is.

7411019 On its own? It might work. As part of Waking Nightmares? It would derail the story entirely.

I'm sorry, but no.

Why not try writing it yourself as a one-shot not connected to anything?

I am trying not to be angry with you, so please bear with me.

Please stop trying to push your OC on me. If you want to write a story about Nightmare Failure, please write it yourself.

In case you haven't noticed, Celestia's shadows are actively protecting her steadily-increasing insanity from being noticed. If Nightmare Failure shows up, Celestia's shadows will turn everyone against him, regarding him as a threat to their nascent Nightmare. Nightmare Failure will be butchered in the space of *thinks about it* three paragraphs. And no one will ever think about him every again. I've already had my Big Lipped Alligator moment for this fic, I don't want to add another if I can help it.

If I try and shoehorn Nightmare Failure into the story, especially with what you want to happen, he'll be a Mary Sue.

I have the story planned out. I have all the OCs I want to add already created. Adding your 'demon' will force me to try and develop him, the romantic subplot will have to be developed over several chapters for it to be believable, and completely take away from the plot of the story to pull the focus to him. Adding as much of this guy as you want added WILL overshadow the main plot. The mercs are the main characters here! THEY are the primary protagonists, alongside the Mane 9! I already am developing a romance sub-plot involving Twilight Sparkle, Medic, and Heavy, and I don't need another character appearing to confuse the issue.

...Also, I freaking hate Wingnut's voice in that game (and not too fond of the game itself, now that I think about it), and I think Bakugan is stupid.

So no. Absolutely not.

Stop trying to shill your character to me. If you want him written about, I say again, WRITE ABOUT HIM YOURSELF. Or commission me and I'll write a one-shot involving him (I will NOT use that character design you suggested, it's dumb-looking.).

But Nightmare Failure is NOT, in ANY WAY, EVER going to appear in Waking Nightmares or any related story.

Pester me about him again and I'm going to block you.

7419325 It's okay. I'm not mad (anymore). And thank you for the cute video. :D

You know...I like this story. I'm wondering why it took so long for me to notice there was a new chapter.

Also, I've always liked 'Nova' as a name for a Celestia-based Nightmare. Instead of eternal night...well, boom.

7411166 The story is PLANNED OUT. Any inclusion will derail it. Besides, any UNPLANNED changed derails any story. How is an inclusion of an OC in a story will not derail it? And it's not good to be THAT persistent.
"Can you include my character?"
"No"
"But it's a nice character"
"No, I have a planned story, and it will derail the plot"
"How will it derail the story, please include my character"

7530521 The Empty City is from the Fear Mythos, another creepypasta.

7530616 Huh I didn't know that. I just remembered the spin-off episode mentioning the empty city so I assumed. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment