• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 409 Views, 6 Comments

The Rocks will stay - Swimmingly



When times washes away, the rocks will stay. I will stay to tend the rocks that also have stayed because they're rocks they can't leave. So I break them and move them around the rock farm. Every day. Ever. Always. What's the point of r

  • ...
10
 6
 409

Sometimes

When the lights go out or sometimes

Sometimes the lives of those closest to you are lies, sometimes from the suns first light to its last they wear a mask and sometimes just sometimes the faćade will fall, revealing them. Just like when the lights go out.

Sometimes they wear masks because they are insecure, shy and afraid.
Sometimes it's because they are truly broken and can't allow others to see who they really are for fear of rejection.
Sometimes it's because they hate who they are on the inside and have to fake it to make it.

Always because they are hurting inside.

Rainbow Dash is one of these such ponies, this is her story.


In the sky above Ponyville well before sun up, a lone Pegasus flies around, "training" as she ritualistically calls it. Except most mornings there's tears in her eyes. She would never admit that to another living soul though, all her confidence and bravado aside she hurting and she's scared. She trains so much because she scared that she's not good enough, a failure. She flies like a fleeing animal desperately trying to outrun her fears.

"YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE WHORE, I PROVIDE FOR YOU, PUT A GODDAMN ROOF OVER YOUR UNGRATEFUL LITTLE HEAD and this is what I get" Screamed the irate Pegasus as he advanced, stepping over the unconscious or dead body of a Pegasus mare.

Rainbows father was a very very unstable and violent stallion, he downright abusive to Rainbow and her mother.
He was once a member of the Wonderbolts, but rainbow never knew that.
He constantly harboured resentment for his wife and daughter as they had forced him to resign and get some crappy job at the weather team.
He started to drink heavily, and every night remind Rainbow of how she made him give up his job, and that he was the last good flyer in the family and how Rainbow would never amount to anything, especially if flying was involved.
He told her every single night and day that she wasn't good enough, and at that age she believed him, even today still she believes him.

Every day a Rainbow wakes up before the sun and flies, none of those tricks however, she flies straight and she flies fast.
Trying to out run him.
Trying to outrun her father.

It was the constant abuse at home which led to her acting out at school, which lead to more abuse at home which lead to her acting out worse.
It was a vicious cycle.

Many nights she would stay at "friends" house which was really sleeping in gutter or squatting, she would rather be homeless that at home with him.

Everyday at flight school she was reminded of how she was and would always be a failure, with the rainbow crash and all.

The story she told of how she got her cutie mark was a lie, it actually happened because she threatened to "bash their skulls in and ripoff their wings and choke them with them, so they could see how good at flying they really were" of a group of bullies, when they didn't back off she did actually attack one doing irreversible damage to his wing.

After that she sprinted away lest get in trouble and have to face her dad.
She ran away from Cloudsdale and flew down to Ponyville.
She met Applejack, the nicest pony she had ever met, she didn't judge her she complemented her flying.

Comments ( 5 )

I don't even...

4655764 pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh

I agree it's awful, I jaut felt like publishing something unrefined.

Also fag is fun to say.

I am a sucker for unrefined, plain thought presented as itself.

This was unrefined, plain thought. Ideas, feelings given form in words.

I get the feeling we've only scratched the surface with these two stories. The only part I wasn't a total fan of was the rock jokes.

5497372 really, darn that was like the best bit.

Login or register to comment