• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,251 Views, 156 Comments

Fighting is Magic: The Equestrian Grand Tournament - Lance Skyes



The Equestria Battle Tournament returns, but this is no longer call for celebration.

  • ...
4
 156
 1,251

3: Keldeo Takes the Stage - Enter Pokemon Hunter Colton

After a rather sleepless night in Canterlot Castle and viewing the day's tournament roster placed in the center of the city by a pair of Changeling soldiers, the Mane 6 made their way to Canterlot Stadium.

“Ugh, this is so unfair!” Rainbow Dash complained as the ponies walked down the street.

“What is?” Rarity asked. “Is it the fact that King Sombra took over the Equestria Battle Tournament, about 70 percent of the original combatants fled, and half of the new roster has been filled with Sombra's lackeys?”

“That's part of it,” Rainbow Dash said. “What I'm really complaining about is the fact that not a single one of us is battling in the first battle of the day. The only ones battling are some weird creature named Colton and a weird pony named Keldeo. Why is everything so weird lately?”

“Now Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said. “Calling others weird like that is rude. Just because Keldeo might look different doesn't mean he's no different from you or I.”

“Yeah, whatever,” Rainbow Dash said as she did a quick loop in the air out of sheer boredom. “I just wanna see how this guy fights, quite frankly.”

“Well, we're gonna see soon enough,” Twilight said as the six mares made their way into the stadium.

In about five short minutes, the remainder of the population on Canterlot filled the stadium, which actually only filled about two-thirds of the stands. That two-thirds was still mostly sports fanatic ponies, though, so the excitement seemed to be at about the same level as the previous night.

After a little while longer, King Sombra appeared in the center of the arena to begin the battle.

“Fillies and gentlecolts!” Sombra announced, somehow sounding like one of those announcers who begins a wrestling match. “Welcome to the first battle of Stage 1 of the Equestria Battle Tournament!” Sombra paused for a moment for the sports fanatics to cheer loudly. “Alright, that's enough cheering. We're on a tight schedule today. Anyway, allow me to introduce this fight's combatants! In the eastern corner, a newcomer to the Equestria Battle Tournament but in no way inexperienced in combat, the newest member of the Swords of Justice in the Unova Region, and the sole wielder of the move Secret Sword, the Colt Pokemon, Keldeo!”

As Sombra finished his announcement, out of the far eastern door of the arena cantered out Keldeo, smiling and waving at the crowd. Just before he got into the arena, however, he jumped onto his forehooves with his hind legs in the air, then spun himself around while firing jets of water out of his hind hooves, creating a beautiful mist around him and half the arena, causing the crowd to go wild.

“What a show-off,” Rainbow Dash mumbled, earning several “Really?” glares from her friends.

“I'll admit, though,” Rarity said, “that's a pretty impressive ability he's got.”

Meanwhile, Keldeo had finished his performance and walked to the center of the arena, giving King Sombra a quick nod so that the tyrant can resume his announcement.

“And in the western corner of the arena, a human who also came here all the way from the Unova region, a master strategist, as is required in his profession, and one of the best in his business, I give to you, Pokemon Hunter Colton!”

Out of the other door to the arena stepped an oddly unimposing bipedal figure. It was a human about in his mid-twenties wearing a red cap, a red jacket, and black jeans. Around his belt were six small black balls. Despite a mixture of cheers, boos, and confused murmurs as to what exactly he was from the crowd, he walked into the center of the arena unfazed, his focus on Keldeo the whole time.

“What kind of name is Colton?” Pinkie Pie asked. “It sounds like a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy bad pun to me.”

“I just want to know how this Colton character plans on fighting,” Twilight said. “This tournament is for ponies and similar quadrupeds.”

Right as Twilight said this, King Sombra addressed the exact same issue. “Now, Colton, there's something I'm sure our spectators would like to know,” the tyrant said. “How do you plan on fighting your opponent right now? Even if a creature like you were allowed to fight in this tournament, and I mean this with a little offense as possible, you don't look like much of a fighter.”

“Well, since you so politely asked,” Colton said, reaching down to his belt and grabbing one of the small black orbs, pressing a button on it that caused it to instantly grow to a size that took up his entire hand. “This is called a Dark Ball, a variant of the Poke Ball that trainers like me use to hold these.” Colton then threw the ball into the air, where it broke in half and released what looked like a waterfall of light energy, which fell to the ground and materialized into a large deer-like creature that towered over Keldeo by at least two feet. The creature was mostly brown with a tan underside, the two areas being divided by a long winding yellow stripe, and on its antlers was a large bush of green leaves. “This is called a Pokemon,” Colton continued. “This particular one is called Sawsbuck, and since it's summer, Sawsbuck here has a lovely bush of green on his antlers today.”

“HOLY COW!” Pinkie Pie suddenly shouted loud enough for everypony in the stadium. “That's a Pokemon? How did I not figure out that was what Keldeo was the first time I saw him? Oh! I left my Pokedex in my room back at the castle!” Before anypony could say anything, Pinkie Pie dashed off.

“Okay...” Colton said. “Anyway, back to what I was saying...”

While Colton was giving the lesson on his Pokemon for the audience, Sawsbuck was staring Keldeo down, literally. However, Keldeo was unfazed as he looked back up into the giant's eyes. You don't scare me, Keldeo thought to himself. I've stared down Pokemon bigger, stronger, and definitely uglier than you.

“Now then, Colton,” Sombra said, “why don't you show these fine ponies in the audience how a trainer battles with his Pokemon.”

“Not a problem,” Colton replied. “And in addition, after my Sawsbuck defeats Keldeo, I plan on catching him in another one of my Dark Balls and selling him to Team Rocket once I get back to my world.”

“Not a chance, Colton,” Keldeo said, stepping back from Sawsbuck and turning to Colton. “I'm gonna beat your Sawsbuck easily.”

“Will you, now?” Colton asked. “Are you perhaps forgetting the type matchups here? You are a Water-type and Sawsbuck is a Grass-type. He's got an advantage over you.”

“Correction,” Keldeo said. “He's a Grass-Normal, and I'm a Water-Fighting. So there's a mutual disadvantage here. And I've got an extra advantage to counter that. You all might want to step back.”

As the three around Keldeo stepped back, Keldeo planted his hooves firmly on the ground and raised his horn high, causing his entire body to start glowing. The light quickly grew too intense for anypony to see Keldeo anymore. Once it faded, however, everypony saw that Keldeo had changed considerably. His red hair had grown considerably and gained three feathers of the colors green, orange, and blue. The fur on his chest grew so that it was more drape-like, and his horn nearly tripled in size and became a dark blue.

“Oh my stars...” Rarity said to herself, noticeably blushing. ”Thank Celestia I'm not a pegasus right now,” she added in her head.

“That's Keldeo's Resolute form!” Pinkie Pie said, suddenly reappearing at her place where she was prior to her departure, only this time holding a small red device.

“Um, Pinkie Pie, what is that?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Duh, it's a Pokedex,” Pinkie replied. “A compact device that holds information on all known Pokemon from Kanto to Kalos. Watch.” Pinkie then aimed the Pokedex at Keldeo, from which a second screen slid from the back to the top. It then showed a close up picture of Keldeo and began speaking information on him.

Keldeo, the Colt Pokemon
When it is resolute, its body fills with power and it becomes swifter. Its jumps are then too fast to follow.

“Okay...” Rainbow Dash said. “That's... interesting?”

“Wait, it works on Sawsbuck too,” Pinkie said as she turned her Pokedex to the other Pokemon in the arena.

Sawsbuck, the Season Pokemon, and the evolved form of Deerling
They migrate according to the seasons, so some people call Sawsbuck the harbingers of Spring.

“Alright, so we can get info on this guy's Pokemon just like that,” Twilight said. “That'll be useful.”

“Now then, if no one else has any more surprises,” King Sombra resumed, “I would like to get this battle started. Combatants, take your positions on either side of the arena.”

Both Pokemon retreated to their respective sides of the arena and turned to face each other.

“Combatants ready?” Sombra asked.

“You ready, Sawsbuck?” Colton asked his Pokemon. Sawsbuck nodded in reply.

“I'm ready to take you down,” Keldeo said.

“Then let this battle begin!” Sombra shouted. “Round 1, FIGHT!”

“Sawsbuck, start the battle with Energy Ball!” Colton shouted. Sawsbuck instantly responded by raising his head and forming a small green ball of energy at his mouth before launching it at Keldeo.

“That all you got?” Keldeo asked as he easily jumped out of the way of the attack and towards Sawsbuck, where he landed in front of Sawsbuck and gave him a powerful Double Kick (which looked to Applejack like an applebuck) that knocked Sawsbuck into the barrier surrounding the arena.

“That attack was super-effective!” Pinkie shouted. “I'd hate to be Sawsbuck right now.”

“Sawsbuck, you alright?” Colton asked as his Pokemon got back up. Sawsbuck replied by quickly recovering and nodding. “Then get back into that fight with Double-Edge!” Sawsbuck instantly charged forward at Keldeo at full speed while beginning to glow with energy.

“What is Colton thinking?” Pinkie shouted. “That move could injure Sawsbuck!”

While Pinkie was shouting, Sawsbuck advanced on Keldeo faster than the latter could react and slammed into Keldeo with full force, knocking him back several feet. However, Keldeo was able to recover from this attack easily, his energy entirely unwavering. Meanwhile, Sawsbuck looked like he had also taken quite a hit.

“Alright, you wanna Play Rough?” Keldeo asked. Then, with a smile, he added, “No pun relating to any Fairy-type moves intended.” He then galloped forward and leapt into the air above Sawsbuck. He then aimed his forehooves towards Sawsbuck and fired a barrage of bubbles at high speed and pressure towards Sawsbuck.

“Keldeo's using Bubblebeam?” Pinkie inquired rather than said. “It's not very effective, but Keldeo has high Special Attack, so that might do something.”

“Sawsbuck, counter with Energy Ball!” Colton shouted as Keldeo's attack neared Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck responded instantly and fired his attack, which managed to defend against most of Keldeo's attack, but the Energy Ball broke apart before Bubblebeam was finished and Sawsbuck took about a third of the original attack. He wasn't that badly damaged, however.

“Huh, you're a better trainer than I give you credit for,” Keldeo complimented as he landed a few feet away from Sawsbuck. “You've trained your Pokemon well. That's something you don't see in most Pokemon Hunters.”

“My Pokemon are the ones retrieving my prizes for me,” Colton replied. “Fighting rare and legendary Pokemon is what's made them so strong.”

“Well I hate to be the first to tell you this,” Keldeo said, “but your Sawsbuck isn't enough to handle me.” Keldeo then charged forward towards Sawsbuck before jumping onto his forehooves and firing Hydro Cannon out of his hind hooves in a tornado fashion, striking Sawsbuck several times with continuous high-pressure blasts of water.

“Sawsbuck, plow through that attack with Horn Leech!” Colton shouted. Sawsbuck's reaction was instantaneous as his horns started glowing a bright green and he charged forward through Keldeo's attack, striking Keldeo low with his horns and knocking him several feet away, leaving behind a trail of green energy that all came back to Sawsbuck.

“Sawsbuck just drained some of Keldeo's energy!” Pinkie shouted. “And that was a Grass-type attack, so it dealt double damage, which would in turn deal double healing to Sawsbuck! No wonder Colton was being so reckless with Sawsbuck's attacks earlier! Keldeo's suddenly in trouble!”

“Are you going to start shouting every time one of those two attacks the other?” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“As long as I need to explain what exactly going on to any readers who might not play Pokemon down to the smallest detail, yes!” Pinkie shouted in reply.

Meanwhile, Keldeo was slowly getting back up from the attack he took. “Okay...” he said to himself, “that kinda hurt. I guess I'd better step my game up.” Keldeo then returned to all-fours and got ready for another attack.

“This round's over,” Colton said, adjusting his cap. “Sawsbuck, use Solar Beam!”

Upon this command, Sawsbuck began channeling energy into his horns, causing them to start glowing green like they were when he used Horn Leech. This time, however, energy was noticeably flowing from the sky (the sun, more accurately) into Sawsbuck's horns.

“Like I'm gonna let that happen,” Keldeo shouted. He then started galloping forward as his horn begin to start glowing orange.

“Keldeo's using Secret Sword!” Pinkie's shouting. “That move will be super-effective, plus it's a Special Attack, so Keldeo can make it even more effective. Also, Sawsbuck needs quite a while to charge Solar Beam, so-”

“Alright, we get it!” Rainbow Dash said. “Keldeo's about to destroy Sawsbuck. That much was evident.”

“Take this!” Keldeo shouted as he leapt into the air and the glow of his horn increased in size so that it was easily the length of about two extra ponies. He then brought himself down sword-first at Sawsbuck. However, it was at this exact moment that Sawsbuck had finished charging his Solar Beam, and he wasted no time before firing it right at Keldeo.

“Oh my gosh, this is gonna be close!” Pinkie shouted.

Keldeo brought his sword down quickly, slicing clean through the Solar Beam and striking Sawsbuck hard and knocking him back into the barrier. As Keldeo landed and retracted his sword, Sawsbuck slumped to the ground, utterly beaten.

“KO!” Sombra shouted. “Sawsbuck is unable to battle, so the winner of round 1 is Keldeo!”

“Woo hoo!” Pinkie Pie shouted.

“I knew he could do it!” Rarity shouted.

“I say again, what a show-off,” Rainbow Dash said. “I could have beaten that weird deer in half the time Keldeo took with way less flair.”

“You could have, Sugarcube,” Applejack said. “But we all know you would have purposefully thrown in at least twice as much flair as Keldeo just used.”

“Well, yeah...” Rainbow Dash said. “But that's not the point I was trying to make.”

Meanwhile, Colton ran over to where Sawsbuck lay to make sure his Pokemon was ok. “Are you alright Sawsbuck?” Colton asked. Sawsbuck replied with a weak nod. “Well then you can do better in the next round. Get back in there and finish Keldeo.” Sawsbuck replied with a nod as he felt Sombra restoring his energy. It felt like a Full Restore, only it healed Sawsbuck's Power Points as well. (Not that he had spent that many.) Sawsbuck instantly got back up and got ready for the next round. “That's my Sawsbuck,” Colton said as he pat Sawsbuck on the side.

“Do you think Keldeo can win this next round?” Rainbow Dash asked her friends. “I've seen too many battles be decided by lucky shots in the past.”

“You mean like what you keep insisting happened in the second tournament where I beat you in the semi-final stage?” Fluttershy asked.

“I told you not to bring that up again!” Rainbow Dash shouted, blushing heavily from the humiliating memory.

“Well I don't have a doubt in my mind that Keldeo can utterly demolish this ruffian,” Rarity said.

“You've got quite a lot of faith in this Keldeo guy, Rarity,” Applejack said. “Just a wild guess, is he the guy you bumped into on the train?”

“Maybe...” Rarity said with a smile as she looked down towards Keldeo.

“So do you have a crush on him or something?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Rainbow!” Rarity shouted while blushing. “How rude of you to jump to such a conclusion like that!”

“But I'm right, aren't I?” Rainbow asked with a smirk.

“Guys, quiet down,” Twilight said. “The second round is about to begin.”

Back in the arena, Keldeo and Sawsbuck had returned to their respective corners of the arena with Sombra in the middle again. “Alright, let's get this second round started!” he announced. “Are the combatants ready?”

“Ready to finish this,” Keldeo said.

“Ready to turn this around,” Colton said.

“Then let's begin! Round 2, FIGHT!”

Keldeo wasted no time charging forward to give Sawsbuck a powerful Double Kick like how he started the previous round, but Colton and Sawsbuck had different plans this time around.

“Sawsbuck, use Double-Edge!” Colton shouted. Sawsbuck instantly charged forward in his previous manner, charging at full speed and becoming covered in energy. Keldeo saw his decreasing time to execute his attack, so he quickly turned around and tried to use Double Kick, but he ran out of time and was launched backwards by Sawsbuck's attack. “Now hit him with Energy Ball while he's in the air!” Colton shouted while Keldeo was still flying. Sawsbuck wasted no time charging and firing his attack, managing to hit Keldeo perfectly before he could even react. The force of the attack was so great, that Keldeo actually managed to hit the ceiling of the barrier that surrounded the arena. This was something that only happened once in the past. In the third tournament when Gilda tried to pin Pinkie Pie to the ceiling and was immediately disqualified. Since Sawsbuck wasn't pinning Keldeo and only knocked him into the ceiling, however, the whole “Gilda getting disqualified” thing probably wasn't even worth mentioning as what Sawsbuck did didn't result in him getting DQ'd.

Back to the battle, the audience erupted in pained “Ooh...”s as Keldeo hit the ground hard, the shock actually managing to inflict the Paralysis status condition on him for a moment.

“Oh dear! Keldeo!” Rarity shouted.

“You totally don't have a crush on that colt,” Rainbow Dash said sarcastically with another smirk.

“Now's your chance, Sawsbuck!” Colton shouted. “Hit him with Solar Beam!” Sawsbuck had already seen his opportunity, but he was awaiting Colton's order. Without wasting a second, Sawsbuck began charging energy for his Solar Beam.

“Keldeo, get up!” Rarity shouted.

In response to this, Keldeo struggled to get back to his hooves, but he managed to get back upright anyway. He then looked in Rarity's direction and smiled before turning his attention back to Sawsbuck, who had almost finished charging his Solar Beam. Then, within the time frame of about a second, Keldeo thought to himself, ”No way I can counter that easily. But it doesn't look like I have time to dodge, either. I'm gonna have to get really creative if I want to survive this round. But how?” That very same second, and idea popped into Keldeo's mind. But also at that second, Sawsbuck fired his attack.

“Here goes nothing,” Keldeo said out loud. He then sprang up on his forehooves and fired Bubblebeam out of his hind hooves while spinning in a tornado fashion. As Keldeo expected, each individual bubble instantly burst when it came in contact with Sawsbuck's Solar Beam, creating a small cloud of mist where it popped. Keldeo managed to fire so many bubbles, in fact, that a layer of fog began to form around where Keldeo was. However, this did little to slow or stop Sawsbuck's attack, and it fired right through the cloud, assumingly hitting Keldeo dead-on.

“Ha!” Colton laughed. “His attack did nothing to protect him.”

“Keldeo, NO!” Rarity shouted. “It can't end like this!”

“Wait,” Sombra said. “I can't call a KO until the fog clears.”

It was a very tense moment of deafening silence between when Sombra said this and the time it took for the fog to clear. However, when the fog did finally clear, Keldeo was revealed to be standing exactly where he was, almost entirely unharmed.

“But how is this possible?” Colton shouted.

“Oh, that's pretty easy, actually,” Keldeo said with a smile. “You see, Solar Beam is made almost entirely of particles of light, and in an environment such as dense fog like what I was able to create using Bubblebeam, those particles can get mixed and jumbled and fly all over the place, so using this knowledge, I was able to render your Sawsbuck's attack down to about 10% it's original effectiveness. And now that I've avoided getting blasted by a potential KO attack, it's time for me to finish this.” Keldeo then charged forward towards Sawsbuck.

“Not a chance!” Colton shouted. “Sawsbuck, charge forward and use Horn Leech!” Sawsbuck quickly charged forward while powering up his horn to use Horn Leech.

“Horn vs horn!” Keldeo shouted as he got ready to use Secret Sword. His horn glowed a bright orange before growing to its full length. With the distance between the two charging Pokemon closed by Keldeo's sword, their attacks connected quickly. However, Sawsbuck's horns were no match for Keldeo's sword and his attack was broken in an instant. Keldeo then saw his opportunity and raised his sword to deal another attack.

“Sawsbuck, no!” Colton shouted. But he was helpless as Keldeo brought his sword down upon Sawsbuck, landing not only a super-effective hit, but also managing a critical hit as indicated by a flash of bright particles of blue light where Keldeo's sword impacted, causing Sawsbuck to go flying into the barrier. Sawsbuck hit the ground, then managed to get back up despite the hit he had taken.

“Oh no you don't,” Keldeo said. He then turned around and fired a powerful Hydro Cannon out of his hind legs, hitting Sawsbuck square in the midsection and knocking him back against the barrier once more. This time when he hit the ground, he stayed down, defeated.

“KO!” Sombra shouted. “Sawsbuck is once again unable to battle, so the winner of round 2 and the first battle of Stage 1 is Keldeo!” The crowd instantly erupted into cheers and applause upon the announcement.

“Yes!” Rarity shouted. “I knew he could do it!”

“I guess that kid's got skill after all,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Man I wish I could fire water and bubbles out of my hooves,” Pinkie said. “Then everypony would have to call me 'Bubble Mare' or something cool like that.”

“Uh-huh...” Rainbow Dash said.

“Come on, girls,” Twilight said. “I think it's time we had a meeting with this Keldeo.”

Meanwhile, Colton walked up to Sawsbuck while pulling out its Dark Ball. “Sawsbuck, return,” he said as Sawsbuck was converted back to light energy and pulled into his Dark Ball. “That was a pathetic performance. You should have been able to easily defeat Keldeo, but instead you falter in two lucky shots. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you to perform such a simple task.”

“Hey!” Keldeo shouted at Colton. “That's no way to treat your Pokemon! Your Sawsbuck just gave everything he had for you-”

“And it wasn't enough to defeat you,” Colton said. “But at least I now know how much power you truly have, Keldeo. When next we meet, you won't be so lucky...” Colton then pulled out another one of his Dark Balls, this one empty. “And this Dark Ball, shall be yours.”

“Wow, you're offering me free housing just like that?” Keldeo asked sarcastically. “Sorry, but I'm gonna have to decline your offer.”

“You won't have a choice soon enough,” Colton said. He then put away his Dark Ball and walked out of the arena.

“What a jerk,” Keldeo said to himself as he changed back to his normal form and walked out of the arena. As he was leaving the stadium, however, he found himself stopped by the Mane 6. “Hello,” Keldeo said awkwardly. “Can I help you ponies?”

“As a matter of fact, you can,” Twilight said. “We were wondering if you were willing to join us in our battle against King Sombra.”

“I'm sorry?” Keldeo asked.

“Well, let me put it this way,” Twilight said. “We just saw your combination of combat skills, creativity, and purity of heart, which are three things that we're going to need if we're going to defeat King Sombra's lackeys in this tournament and keep him from conquering Equestria. And, from what else we saw, that Colton guy seems to be on Sombra's payroll as well.”

“So what you're saying is you want me on your team so that we can help each other in our fights?” Keldeo asked.

“Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying,” Twilight replied.

“Also, I think Rarity has a crush on you,” Rainbow Dash said.

“What are you talking about, Rainbow Dash?” shouted a blushing Rarity. She then turned to Keldeo. “Uh, you're gonna have to excuse Rainbow Dash. She's always talking nonsense. Heh heh...”

“No, I'm the one who's always talking nonsense,” Pinkie Pie said.

“We can have two ponies who always talk nonsense!” Rarity shouted.

“Uh...” Keldeo said, just about as confused as if he had taken a Supersonic from a Zubat.

“Look,” Twilight said, “the point is that we need each other if we're going to survive this tournament. If you join us, we can help you just as much as you could possibly help us. So do you accept?”

Keldeo thought to himself for a moment before making his decision. ”Cobalion did say I'd probably need some help for this mission...” he thought. Finally, Keldeo said, “Alright, you ponies have got yourselves a deal.”

“Woo hoo!” Pinkie Pie shouted. “A new friend!”

“Wha-?” Keldeo tried to ask, but he was cut short when Pinkie rushed up and hugged him.

“Ooh, I've gotta throw a party to celebrate us meeting you, us becoming friends, you beating that meanie Colton and his Sawsbuck, and-”

“Calm down, Pinkie Pie,” Twilight said. “This is no time for celebration. We can celebrate once we've beaten King Sombra, but I don't think it's a good idea to do any celebrations prior.”

“Right,” Keldeo said. “But, uh... what do we do now? I checked the roster earlier and not a single one of us is fighting in the next round.”

“I'll tell you what we do,” Pinkie said. “We watch the battle, and if a good guy wins, we make them our new friend just like we did with you.”

“Right...” Keldeo said with an unconvincing nod.

“And even if one of Sombra's ponies win,” Twilight added, “we'll know how they fight and how to fight them if we encounter them later in the tournament.”

“Sounds like a good plan, actually,” Keldeo said.

“But before we do anything else, you should meet Princess Celestia,” Twilight continued. “Come on, we'll show you to Canterlot Castle. You can stay there overnight too if you want.”

“Thanks, Twilight,” Keldeo said. He then followed the six ponies to the castle.

Author's Note:

I'm really sorry for how long it took to get up to the actual battle. I've been having a problem with rambling lately.

Also, don't think you've seen the last of Colton. (I really hate that name. Why did I name him that?) He's still got three more Pokemon in his belt, and he isn't planning on resting until Keldeo becomes his fifth party member.