• Published 16th Jul 2014
  • 2,968 Views, 46 Comments

Rekindle - Straightjacket



After their respective deaths, the heroes of Lordran find themselves all ending up in a strange land, a place filled with peace and happiness, while they come from a land of pain and strife. Each has his own tale, some good, and some bad.....

  • ...
1
 46
 2,968

Siegmeyer I: Quite a Pickle.....

They truly were disgusting creatures. Composed mostly out of eyes, sickly yellow flesh, and tentacles, these "Chaos Eaters", as they were called, appeared as thought they straight from the depths of Hell. They had a filthy, leathery look to them, as though they were made from the skin of other creatures. Looking down on them from a ledge, Siegmeyer of Catarina stood in a massive rectangular room, filled with gnarled roots and broken stone. A large pit ran through most of it, filled with foul, toxic liquids and the aforementioned monsters. It was truly a tough situation to be in. He was getting tired thinking about it, and slowly began to nod off.

.............................................

"Ahem." Siegmeyer jerked awake, and looked around. To his surprise, and gratitude, an old friend had just arrived. There were fresh blood stains on his tunic, but whether or not they were the owner's, Siegmeyer didn't want to know. Unlike the last time they met, the man now had a massive greatsword strapped to his back, and a white cloth around his neck, emblazoned with a picture of the sun.

"Mm! Oh-hoh! Excuse me. I was so absorbed in thought, I just drifted away. It must be the warmth. Well, what's on your mind? No, don't tell me. Those monsters making life difficult for you?"

"You haven't changed, Siegmeyer." he said in greeting. He hefted his new greatsword onto his shoulder, mirroring Siegmeyer's pose. Unlike Siegmeyer, however, he still held the same Balder shield he looted so long ago. He peered over the edge, at what Siegmeyer was looking at.

"The Lords know I hate these things." Siegmeyer gave a short chuckle.

"Yes, I don't find myself too fond of them either. However, You need not be ashamed. We are in the same boat.…You know, I really have run up quite a debt to you.Perhaps the time has come… " he trailed off. The man was too busy forming a strategy to hear the last bit. The creatures writhed and squirmed as they waded through the vile muck at the bottom of the trench. Ugly as they may be, they were no pushovers. Make the wrong move, and you'd be lunch. The man sat down, careful not to disturb the unstable bricks on the side of the pit. He rubbed his eyes. How would he get out of this one? He reached into his pocket, taking out a small, shining stone, which he threw over the side of the pit. Thankfully, he didn't hear a loud crash at the bottom, so at least he knew the fall wouldn't be fatal. Looking at where the rock had landed, he realized that small ripples were flowing outwards. He realized that he wasn't looking at a stone floor, but rather a surface covered in an unpleasant liquid. Poison.

"Ooh, it just gets better and better." The man looked towards his friend, who had just come to the same conclusion.

"It seems we've found ourselves in quite a toxic situation." Siegmeyer added. The man nodded.

"You can say that again." He looked back down at the monsters in the pit, while Siegmeyer looked down sheepishly.

"…Friend, I have an idea. A good one, really.… I will rush those dire fiends, and you can slip away in the confusion. Please, friend, I owe you much more than this. By the honor of the knights of Catarina, allow me to assist you!"

The man looked over at Siegmeyer, "Are you nuts? Those monsters will tear you limb from limb! You'll be nothing but a pile of gore when they're through with you." Siegmeyer only laughed.

"I say, I won't be bested that easily! And now, I go! Don't be slow!" And with that, he hurled himself over the edge, bringing his zweihander straight down on the first creature, slicing it clean in two.

"SIEGMEYER, YOU DAMN FOOL!" The man unsheathed his blade and dived in straight after him, Siegmeyer's battle cries shaking the floor beneath them.

"Hrgrraaaaggh! Hiyaaaaaahz"...."C'mon!"......."Over here, you fiends!"......."Perish, foul creatures! I am Siegmeyer of Catarina, and you shall feel my wrath!," With each yell, another powerful swing came from Siegmeyer's zweihander. But for every hit he gave, the knight took one himself. Luckily for him, his friend was there right beside him, making quick, damaging cuts with his eastern blade. Some got through, however, with one that was particularly nasty looking slicing a deep gash across Siegmeyer's chest, shredding his armor like paper. He gave a great bellow of pain, and ran the monster through, even going so far as to lift it straight off the ground, and throw it against the nearest wall. With another swing, most of the monster was reduced to a gory paste. One of the monsters crept up behind the man as he beheld this, grabbing him with its tentacles. He tried to fight back, but the monster constricted around him, blocking movement. Siegmeyer bounded over, and tore off its slimy limbs with an upward swing. The man fell to the ground, spinning as he did so, and threw his katana straight for the beast's eyes. Siegmeyer ran it through, and its body went limp. He pulled off the greatsword on his back, preparing to face the final monster. He ran full force at the abomination, jumping over the tentacles as they were swung at him. It was no easy task due to the weight of his sword, but somehow he managed to just barely get over them. He swung the massive slab of blackened metal at the creature, breaking its body like an eggshell. Finally able to rest, he shoved his sword into the ground, leaning on it. Siegmeyer came up behind him, carrying his katana. Taking his sword back, he gave Siegmeyer some support before the knight could even ask. They walked through the rest of the channel, and up a flight of stairs, where the man let SIegmeyer rest against the wall.

"Hng…hng…Well, you've saved me, once again…Thank goodness… I'm exhausted…I think I'll have a rest. Don't you worry, the ground below me is my pillow. I'll recover shortly…" The man pulled Siegmeyer's helmet off, threw it aside and shoved his Estus Flask to his mouth.

"Drink." he commanded. Siegmeyer took a gulp of the liquid, and the wound on his chest started to heal.

"You go on ahead. I think I'll nod off here for a spell." The man stopped him.

"Like hell you are. What in blazes were you thinking? Lords, you think I'll just leave you here, without moss, slowly dying in a lonely pit? Get up."

"No friend, please listen. That fight was very tiring. The sludge made it hard to run, and I still can't move too well. If I keep going, I'll die for sure. Leave me be, friend. There's no other option." The man said nothing, and reached into his pocket, grabbing the two last scraps of the poison healing moss he always carried with him. He started chewing on one of them, and held the other out to his wounded friend. Siegmeyer shook him off.

"It's alright, I still have some left over from Blightown. You go on ahead. I'll be there shortly. I only wish to rest for a moment." The man sighed, knowing he wasn't going to change Siegmeyer's mind.

"Fine. But stay frosty. There very well could be more enemies here. I'll be clearing a path up ahead." He walked off, each step harder than the last. As much as he wanted to take his friend with him, he couldn't. He had shamed Siegmeyer by saving him in the pit. The least he could do was let the man rest in peace.

................................

Siegmeyer watched the man walk off, and knew he was free to rest. Before he nodded off, he reached for the scraps of moss he kept in his side pouch. But when he put his hand inside, all he felt was tough leather. He turned the container upside down, but all he saw was dust. He sighed in defeat.

"So this is it then?" He heard fighting off in the distance. I'm sorry, my friend, it seems I've let you down once again. He felt a violent lurch in his gut, and fell over. A piece of paper fell from another of the pouches on his belt. It landed just within reach, and he picked it up. With his last bits of strength, he held it up to his eyes. On the paper was a sloppily drawn picture of a knight in the same Catarina armor he wore, holding a little girl's hand, with the words, "I love you Daddy." written above it. He stroked the paper with his other hand, tracing the outline of the child. He clenched the paper into his hand.

"Heavens, me…My dear little Lin…"

His life slowly fading, he could no longer keep his eyes open. Siegmeyer of Catarina died crying.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the longest time, Siegmeyer floated through darkness. He could see nothing, hear nothing or fear nothing. Normally, this would cause someone to panic, however, he found himself in a daze, not really paying attention to anything. He had no clue how long he had been there. It could have been five minutes or five days, and he would have been none the wiser. He felt himself begin to feel tired. Not that he could have resisted it anyway, he fell into a deep sleep.

When he awakened, he was blinded by light everywhere. He moved his fingers, and was greeted by a sharp twitch of pain. He couldn't move a muscle, and even blinking caused him pain. The light started to dim down, and he saw treetops, a clear blue sky, and.....smoke. It seemed as though small trails of black fog were slowly drifting upwards from where he was lying. He smelled burning flesh.

"Ov..h..re!" He heard a voice off in the distance. Hopefully it was a friend, and not some lowly thug. It was getting closer. Or rather, they were getting closer. It sounded like a little girl.

"This is where the blast came from!" A different girl's voice spoke up, this one with a country accent.

"Look at all that smoke!" Yet another voice spoke up, but Siegmeyer couldn't tell the gender.

"What's that in the middle?" The girl with the accent spoke again.

"I don't rightly know, maybe the doctor will." The voices were right next to him now. His view of the sky was obscured by a silhouette. The sudden darkness threw off his eyes, blinding him for a moment.

"What do you suppose it is?"

"I don't know." One of the voices silenced all the others, this one was new, and it sounded like a man.

"Aright, hold your cattle, everypony. It's still alive. Big Mac, you brought the wagon?"

"Eeyup." A deep voice responded.

"Good, get this creature to the hospital immediately. It's in critical condition, and doesn't have much time left. Mac, you be extra careful, alright?" No response save for a reassuring grunt. Siegmeyer felt himself rise up, and was laid down on a wood surface covered with straw. The impact sent a wave of pain through his body. As the wagon started to move, his consciousness slowly faded. He heard one last voice before he went under.

"Oh, lord, we're about to raise hell in Canterlot......"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Siegmeyer woke feeling much better. His limbs didn't hurt as much, he could see clearly, and he could actually move. He was in a bed, in what he assumed was a hospital, based on what he had heard. He was without his armor, wearing a hospital gown. Unfortunately, there was no window, so he couldn't see outside. However, the room was brightly lit, and it was painted a soothing pale blue. There was nothing threatening about his surroundings at all. He remained sitting on the bed, and examined himself. That's when he noticed his arm. His solid diamond arm. Siegmeyer was dumfounded. He stared at it for a good while before his brain fully processed what he was looking at. He was immediately bombarded with a flurry of questions. Where was his real arm? How did this one take its place? Why had this new limb suddenly appeared in place of his old one? At that moment, the door opened, and he was greeted by the most bewildering sight he had ever seen.

A pony, going by the looks of it, had just walked in to the room, holding a clipboard. And it was huge. It was pale grey, and had a rolled up bandage on its flank. It was already talking when it came in, speaking in a thick accent Siegmeyer couldn't place.

"As if de first vone vasn't bad enough. Das ist verrückt....." He looked up and saw Siegmeyer.

"Ah, it zeems our Freund ist avake. How are you feeling?" Siegmeyer took a second to place what the pony was trying to say. As for now, he decided not to ask why he was holding a conversation with a talking horse.

"I say, I feel fine. But, this arm is quite the change. Would you be so kind as to explain what it is?"

"But of course, Herr Siegmeyer. You zee, vhen ve vere operating on you, your arm vas quite beyond our ability to repair. So ve had to give you a replacement. You vill find zat it is nearly ze same as your old vone. Save for ze, ah, material. Oh, but you'll get used to it in no time! I must ask you to vait here while I get ze Head Doctor. I vill be right back."

And he was gone.

"He was certainly a character." Siegmeyer mused. Suddenly, he heard the doctor's voice down the hall.

"Vat are you doing here?! Zis area is off limits............"I know vat you are, but you must vait!"............"Hey, get back here. Don't go in zat room!" But it was too late. The door swung open, and Siegmeyer saw himself staring at the one individual he never could of expect.

He was standing face to face with Solaire of Astora.

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas, my fellow human organisms.

Comments ( 12 )

Merry christmas you well timed man ( or woman) :)

A pleasent surprise to find the story had reupdated.

where is siegmeyers bass canon?

Seigmeyer armor is still weird to me

Fun fact: I finished the new chapter at three in the morning. Just because.

Anyhow. Now that, for the most part, all the characters for this part have been introduced, it's really about to heat up. Get ready for a showdown.......

Siegmeyer uses a Zweihander, not a Greatsword like Tarkus. Other than that the story is great, chapter was a little short though.

SOLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5429819

Technically speaking, the Zweihander is listed as an ultra greatsword, so it qualifies.

As for the chapter length..............I fully agree. Going to try to make longer ones.

5486596 What I mean is that what Tarkus uses is the Greatsword, which is actually an Ultra Greatsword I think, essentially it's a large stick whereas the zweihander is actually quite a bit sharper.

In short calling it a Greatsword can confuse people familiar with Tarkus's weapon as Siegmeyer uses a quite radically different weapon in design.

Well, I reckon Solaire and Siegmeyer (Is that how you spell it? I can never spell that damn name right...) have quite a bit to talk about.

Cliffhangers are a bitch. Especially when you don't update for a couple years. But hey, I'm sure you got your reasons. :twilightsmile:

5486596
Please continue this amazing story!

Login or register to comment