• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 1,223 Views, 24 Comments

The Shameless First Person Self-Insert - sbloom85



The multiverse decided to throw me a curve ball one day and threw me into Equestria. What can you do? This story is not to be taken seriously.

  • ...
21
 24
 1,223

Chapter VII

I woke up with a startled gasp. That had to have been the most vivid dream I've had in the longest time. I looked out the window and saw that it was still night, then to my side and saw Rose stirring in her sleep with her back turned to me. I laid back down and held her, tightly, but gently. I rested my muzzle against her neck and took in her scent, which became an aphrodisiac for me.

I was completely in love with this mare and I came to accept it. Part of me screamed that this was wrong for some idiotic reason or another, but that part was subdued whenever she smiled at me; whenever I smelled her and whenever she touched me and, as cliched as it sounded, every time we kissed, she turned me into jelly. Every time I snuggled with her like this, my mind became clear and I could actually think and focus on one topic instead of having a billion thoughts fighting for dominance, and because of this, I had a much easier time sleeping at night. My eyelids began to feel heavier and the siren song of slumber called to me.


I found myself in a wide open field with green grass and a few trees. The only hint of light came from the moon above. “Come on out, Luna. I know you're there.”

She materialized in front of me and gave me a smile that was as warm as her sister's. “You have some vivid dreams, Scott.”

I snorted and shook my head. “I just hope it was just a dream.”

She cocked an eyebrow in confusion. “What do you mean?” I gave her a moment to think about what I said. It clicked in her brain and her eyes widened. “Are you suggesting that it could have been a premonition?”

I gave her a slow, affirming nod. “Yes, Luna. I've had two in my life, and both times bad things happened. One was exaggerated, the other vague. The first was worse than the second.”

Her curiosity was piqued and she stared at me intently. “Go on.”

I started walking and beckoned her to follow me. We walked side by side for a while in the expansive dreamscape. “First time it happened, I was a child. We had a cat and a bird.” My explanation was illustrated by a dark calico cat and a budgie. “One night, I dreamed that a large cat attacked a large bird. And then the following night...”

She let out an understanding grunt. “That was the exaggerated dream. And the vague one?”

The cat and bird disappeared and I shook my head. “My mom and I had applied for a retail store seven or eight years ago.” This explanation was illustrated with my mom and I sitting at our old dining table. “In that dream, I found my mom crying about something.”

She slowly nodded. “That was the vague one.”

I took a deep breath. “The moment I woke up, I knew exactly what it was about. Later that day, when the mail came in, we both got cards basically telling us thanks, but no thanks.” The illustration vanished. “Care to guess what happened next?”

Luna let out a heavy sigh. “Your mother cried her eyes out. Tell me, Scott, have you tried-”

I chuckled. “Have I tried tapping into it?” She nodded. “To be honest, I wouldn't know how to do that.”

Her eyes rolled back in thought as she let out out a quiet, contemplative hum. “I suppose we could try sensory deprivation. It's not a completely successful practice, but it could help your mind focus on it.”

“I'll think about it, I have a train to catch in the morning.” I rubbed my face with a hoof and let out a quiet groan. “Can I ask a favor?” Luna nodded. “Could you have someone keep an eye on Rose and Blade?”

Luna cocked her head to the side in curiosity. “Of course, but may I ask why though?”

I shrugged. “What's in the west tower?” Celestia's guards' barracks. “Would the recruits reside there as well?” Luna nodded. “It might seem silly, but I'm worried about Blade and Rose. Crimson Blade would be residing there and I know Rose tends the gardens. She's not too keen on me sparring with him, so I just want to make sure that they don't hurt each other.”

With a final nod, Luna began hovering above the ground. “I will see that my sister keeps an eye on the two. Good night, Scott.”


I felt Rose's warm breath as I started waking up. Her legs were bent in a way to press as much of her body against mine as possible. Our snoots were pressed together in an awkward, yet adorable way. Awkward for me, but I imagine if someone else saw us like this, they'd die from cuteness overload.

I stroked her with a free hoof and she began to stir. Letting out a quiet moan, her eyes fluttered open. Her green orbs looked into mine and she smiled, stroking my cheek with her free hoof. “Mmm... good morning handsome.”

I gave her a quick peck on the lips and rubbed my snoot against hers. “Good morning, beautiful.”

She nuzzled my chest tenderly and muttered something. “We should probably get up. You don't want to be late for your train.” She squirmed her way out of her perfect comfy spot and climbed off of the bed.

My eyes found their way to the window. I saw what looked like white flakes coming down. “Hey, Rose. Is it snowing?”

She lifted her brush with her magic and started brushing her mane. “I guess I forgot to tell you, winter is just a couple of weeks away. Looks like they're making it snow earlier this year.”

I thought I was rid of snow and winter, but I guess not. That meant Hearth's Warming Eve was right around the corner. I hoped I had enough bits saved up to get her something nice while I was in Ponyville. I looked at her with a curious gaze. “You got anything special planned for this year?”

She used the mirror's reflection to look at me. “Aside from spending time with you?” She giggled. “My father usually comes out here for Hearth's Warming Eve.” She stopped brushing her mane and she looked like she forgot something really important. “I never told you about him, did I?” I shook my head and she cussed under her breath. “Come, I'll talk more during breakfast.”


It was a small breakfast. We each had a bowl of cereal, some orange juice and toast. Using my left wing, I picked up a spoon and dug into the cereal. “So... about your father.”

She gave me a small smile. “His name is Landscape and I think you two will get along fine. He's a landscaper and has been all over Equestria making sure building foundations, gardens and crop fields were perfect. Then he was drafted by the Equestrian Army during our scuffle with the griffons. After his tour in Griffondale, he was given an honorable discharge and went back to his passion.”

I swallowed my cereal and nodded. “That's good. How long has it been since the griffons?”

She rolled her eyes back in thought as she continued chewing her food. She swallowed and looked back to me. “It was about ten years.” She set her spoon down, hung her head and sighed.

I gave her a curious look as I set my own spoon on the table. “Rose? Are you okay?” She lowered her spoon and began to sniffle. It took her a moment to compose herself, then she explained it to me. She had a coltfriend in Equestria's equivalent to the Air Force. Their mission was to provide support for the unicorn and earth pony ground forces. They did their job, but at a great cost. Many of the pegasi were killed by the griffons. They were either killed in combat or were captured, her coltfriend was captured before he was killed. “I'm sorry, Rose.” I extended a foreleg and laid my hoof on hers. “If you want me to, I can stay in Canterlot.”

She wiped her eyes and shook her head. “What about trying to contact your family?”

I shook my head. “They can wait. You're in pain right now.”

She gave me a weak smile. “You're too good to me, Scotty.”

I let out a quiet chuckle. “How about we stay in today. I don't think Celestia would mind.”

She laughed. “As tempting as that sounds, I should go in today. Those plants don't maintain themselves. I wouldn't mind having company though...”

After a while, we finished breakfast and were about to leave the apartment to the castle. We passed up the dresser and my train ticket laid on top. Rose gave me an uncertain look as I opened the door. “Are you sure you don't want to go to Ponyville? I think I'll be okay.”

A part of me did want to go to Ponyville, but another part was afraid of what will happen. I should trust Rose to not get into a fight with Blade. But what if that dream I had wasn't exaggerated? I had a hard enough time worrying about my family on Earth, I'd be a wreck if something happened to my friends here in Canterlot. I finally gave in and nodded. “Okay. I'll go to Ponyville.” I walked to the dresser and picked up my ticket with my wing. “You be careful and be good.”


The train ride to Ponyville wasn't as long as I expected it to be. I couldn't believe that the train went through the mountain several times as the track spiraled downward. During that part I was in total awe. What little sunlight poured into the tunnels, it bounced off of the many gemstones that stuck out of the sides. I may not have been able to tell how many carats each gem was, but I knew that most of them were larger than the Hope Diamond. If I could take one of those gems back to Earth, my family would be set for generations.

Everything got boring after the mountain though. It was like traveling across I-80 through Nebraska, except with fewer cornfields and more open plain.

Eventually, the train made it to Ponyville. I stepped out of it and was briefly mesmerized by the falling snow.

“Hey! Scotty!”

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard the voice. I scanned the area and saw a purple pony waving at me. I quickly made my way to her. “Hey, Twilight. Always a pleasure to see you.”

She blushed slightly and gave me an awkward smile. “Isn't that something you should say to Rose?” I nodded in agreement. Truth be told, Twilight was a sight for sore eyes. “I may have figured out a way to send you home.”

I raised a curious eyebrow as we started walking away from the station toward Twilight's castle. “Really? How would that work?”

Twilight grinned like a kid in a candy store. “I discovered it while researching a way to send a letter to your world. It works the same way, except it would require more magical energy than sending a letter.” I wouldn't doubt it. “The first thing I'd have to do would be to learn the location where you want to be sent. Once I have that, the rest will be relatively easy.”

I nodded. While I didn't understand how magic worked, I understood energy requirements and the two seemed to be more similar than I expected. Some days I wished Discord turned me into a unicorn instead of a pegasus. “Should I ask how the location would be acquired?”

Twilight's smile didn't falter as she chuckled. “Nothing harmful will happen, I assure you. I will need to probe your mind for the exact location, that requires very little magical energy, but the process of sending the letter to another world would be exhausting for even the most powerful unicorns. Imagine what sending a living creature would do.”

I smirked. “Oh, so it wouldn't be a problem for you, then.” Twilight simply shook her head. We finally approached the castle and entered.

It didn't take long to get a letter sent to my parents, which included a special stamp which would magically teleport any letter they want directly to me. The process left Twilight drained, so I decided to take her to lunch. On our way out, I looked toward Canterlot.

Twilight approached me and glanced at me before looking toward Canterlot as well. “Is something wrong?”

I took a deep breath and smiled. “No... nothing's wrong.” I turned around. “Come on.”

Author's Note:

Sorry about this being shorter than usual, been having brain farts about which direction to go after the last chapter.

I also wanted to do a Hearth's Warming Eve chapter, but I don't think I'll be able to do that in time.