• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 9,576 Views, 504 Comments

Discovering Friendship - Saro0fdemonz



Twilight Sparkle, aspiring student of Princess Celestia has been tasked with the most difficult challenge a Magian must face. Making friends. Along the way she will discover what it means to truly be a friend and uncover a power unlike any other.

  • ...
38
 504
 9,576

PreviousChapters Next
S2EP13

Shining Armor looked between the two knights as they walked. He was sure at least one of them was on his side, still having his suspicions about the Captain. Of course, if it came down to a fight, he was on his own, all thanks to the Princess' Enchantment.

"Where are we going?" Shining Armor asked softly.

"A place from another time Captain. I've been in this position a long time, longer than you can imagine, while I'd love to tell you everything..."

"There's just too much to tell, huh? Secrets that need to be kept and things that I just can't know?" Shining Armor chuckled.

"Hittin' the nail on the head there," the female knight scoffed.

"Bein' totally honest, I'm in the dark here too. Bossman has a habit of deciding whats best for us to know, but that's what makes him the boss. You don't go around tellin' every single one of your men the whole situation do ya?" she asked him. Shining stared at her for a moment, realizing she was right.

When it came down to it, his men only knew what they NEEDED to know about an ongoing situation. That way they could focus on their individual roles without causing undue panic.

Was that how it was with the Elite?

"That is not to say that I plan to leave you in the dark Captain, simply that at this time I can't share all the details,"

Shining gave a nod of understanding, raising an eyebrow as they stopped in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees and staring at a wall of rock.

The Elite Captain rested his gloved hand against the stone, muttering something under his breath. The rockface shifted to the side, revealing a small cave.

"I ask that you remain calm Captain, I promise you, the child is harmless," he stepped into the cave, Shining Armor falling in behind him.

"Uh, I hate to break it to ya boss, but this place is abandoned," the Female Knight spoke up, mana surrounding her.

So she IS a Magian, she sure doesn't fight like one... Shining thought, shifting his attention back to his superior.

"We're too late. We need to go, now!"


"Nngh...Spike?" Nyx mumbled as she awoke to the sounds of movement. She sat up, her blanket wrapped tightly around her. The young Celestian let out a yawn as she pushed to her feet, a shiver rushing through her and the hair on the back of her neck standing on end as several men in armor appeared around her.

She glanced between them, clutching her blanket tightly.

"A-Are you going to kill me?" she stammered. The men glanced between one another, seeming unsure.

"No child, we are not going to kill you," a man in a blue suit walked through the circle of armor. She gasped as her eyes locked with his.

"Y-Your eyes are like mine..." she realized, reaching a hand out to him. He smiled, grabbing hold of her hand.

"Yes child, just like yours, come along, we have a busy schedule to keep and this cave is hardly an appropriate place for you," he chuckled. Nyx gave a nod, walking beside him with the blanket still wrapped around her shoulders.

"Um, d-do you know where Spike is?" she asked. The man froze for a moment.

"I believe he is away on some important business child, very important business, though I am sure he will catch up with us soon. Have you gone through a teleport before?" he asked her. She blinked and gave a small nod.

"Twilight took me through one," she answered. He smiled gently and turned to face her, holding her hands in his.

"Alright then, men, we're ready," he nodded to the armored men who formed a circle around them. In a flash they vanished, Nyx shivering as they reappeared. She rubbed at her eyes, gasping as she was lifted into the air. Gaining her vision she found herself held in someones magic.

It felt strangely warm.

"So this is her..." a woman sighed. Nyx turned to face her, eyes wide at her sheer beauty. She watched as the woman's power doubled, swirling mana around her to keep her in the air. Wings slowly unfurled behind her while runes blazed into life across her skin.

"Y-You're like me!" Nyx gasped, her smile fading as the woman glared at her.

"No, I could never be like you," the woman growled, lowering her to the ground. Nyx gasped as the mana around her latched onto her arms and throat, chaining her to the ground. The woman stood in front of her, holding her hand out. Nyx squeezed her eyes shut tight, struggling to hold back the tears running down her cheeks.

Was this woman going to kill her? Just because of her magic?

"Princess, if I may be so bold. We need her alive if we are to save your student," the man interrupted. Nyx risked opening an eye, the woman slowly lowering her hand.

"Your games and tricks won't work on me Nightmare," she spat before turning away. Nyx gasped as the man took hold of her chains in his magic. He bowed to the woman he had called 'Princess' and dragged Nyx away.

"W-Whats going on? What did I do?!" Nyx demanded, but no one answered her. She hung her head as she was pulled along.

This is it, they are going to take my magic and kill me, aren't they? she began to panic

"We aren't going to let her hurt you," he spoke up once they were alone on a stairwell. He looked over his shoulder, flashing his eyes, just like hers.

"D-Do you have someone elses magic too?" she stammered. He gave a gentle nod and leaned down in front of her, tapping her nose.

"I have YOUR magic. Because you gave it to me and I'm going to give it back to you," he explained with a smile.

"I don't understand...Have we met before?" Nyx wondered. He chuckled and stood, holding out his hand to her, she hesitantly grabbed it.

"Only once Child, when you were created," he said softly.

"Created?" Nyx looked up at him as they walked, but he remained silent from that point onward. They stopped at a door, the man holding out his hand to it; his magic flared and the door slid open, the man leading her inside.

Her chains faded away as he lead her to a bed in the middle of the room, lifting her on to it gently.

"Now, the Princess wants us to hurt you, but we aren't going to do that Child, instead we are going to save you and the rest of the world from her madness. Will you help us?" he begged on his knees, holding her hands.

"H-How can I possibly help? I'm just a kid," Nyx pointed out. He shook his head.

"You are so much more than that. You're a sign. The coming of a New Age, you only need to tap into your true potential. So, will you save us?" he asked. Nyx bit her lip.

Die what could be a potential very painful death

or

Save herself and everyone else.

It was a pretty simple choice, but would she really be able to help anyone?

"If my magic can really save everyone, then I'll do it!"


Celestia shook, gripping the arms of her throne.

She looked so fragile and innocent...But I can't afford to be fooled again. Spell Nexus can handle it from here. What would I have done to that child had he not been here? Would I have lost Twilight due to my own carelessness? She began to panic. She spun in place at the feeling of magic flaring near her.

"Luna, you surprised me,"

"Likewise sister. Moments ago you seemed as if you were ready for battle, but now here you stand in a cold sweat," Luna pointed out, waving her hand gently through the air against Celestia's mana trail.

"I apologize. We've captured the Incarnation and I almost lost myself,"

"I see, so you've captured a child and your first instinct is to threaten her?" Luna questioned.

"She is no child!" Celestia yelled, the walls groaning. She let out a slow breath, calming herself.

"We are equally aware of what this 'creature' has done to you sister. But we cannot look toward the future while holding the past so heavily upon ourselves. Lest you forget, I AM that creature sister. Surely no longer, but she was born of my anger and hate.

I ask that you not fall down the path I once walked Sister. Your hate for this child simply because of the nature of her existence will surely be your downfall," Luna argued, walking away before Celestia could get a word in.

Was she truly wrong? She couldn't be. Spell Nexus had found proof with Twilight after all.


"Whoa, this is weird," Rainbow mumbled, her friends stumbling beside her.

"Rainbow, weren't ya s'pose t' take us t' Twilight?" Applejack groaned as she stood up.

"I thought I did, but there's some kind of...wall in the way," Rainbow pointed out. Her teleport had been aimed directly for Twilight, but they had ended up just outside the castle gate.

"A safety measure of Celamont," Fluttershy mumbled, all eyes turning to her.

"There's holes in it, ways around and through it, when it's not being monitored," she spoke a little louder, her arms wrapped around herself.

"Right, we'll talk later Shy, right now we've got a friend to save,"

"This is rather insane, don't you think? What are supposed to do, simply waltz in and demand they give us Twilight?" Rarity asked, but Rainbow was already marching past guards and headed inside, her armor coming to life around her as a guard came up to stop her, shrinking under her gaze.

Rarity and Applejack shrugged before following suit, Fluttershy walking between them with her head down.

"She's with us," Applejack growled at the guard.

"One would think Celestia's royal guard would have more backbone than this," Rarity muttered.

"We outrank em Rare's. Rank means everything to these bottom of the barrel goons," Rainbow explained.

"Wha...Ah yes, I forget you have quite a bit of military knowledge. Well then, just how far will these get us?" Rarity wondered.

"All the way to the Princess herself, only thing that could really stop us is the Captain of the Guard," Rainbow chuckled over her shoulder, grunting as she slammed into something thick and heavy. She growled as she righted herself.

"Hey!" she yelled, blinking as the man turned to her. Unlike the others of the Guard, he stood his ground. He looked between them for a moment and gave a nod.

"Twilight's friends, right?" he asked softly.

"How'd ya know? Th' fancy magic suits give us away?" Applejack joked.

"Well, mostly, you are heroes after all. Sorry, I don't mean to hold you up but there's a bit of an emergency situation going on here," he explained.

"Yea, we kind of figured, just give us our friend back," Rainbow demanded.

"I'd love to, except she's gone, no one knows where she is,"

"...Bullshit," Rainbow breathed out slowly, her mana flaring up around her, the Skyborn crying out and holding her head while her mana faded.

"Okay, not bullshit...Oh shit," Rainbow spun around, swearing under her breath.

"Rainbow, darling, you're scaring us," Rarity tittered. Rainbow shook her head.

"It's gotta be them! Last time I couldn't reach Twilight was cause she'd gone out THERE, and now I can't even feel her!" Rainbow yelled.

"Hold on," the Captain looked up, tapping his shoulder twice and slamming his fist to his chest. He gave a nod to the air, his mana ensnaring each of them before they could argue, carried in his teleport.

"Nice to see you girls," a familiar, if a bit distorted, voice greeted them.

"Sp-!" Fluttershy slammed her hands over her mouth.

"Okay, the fuck is going on here?" Rainbow demanded, raising her arm to catch Vinyl's hand, glancing at the armor clad vampire.

"Huh, guess the 'Bolts don't play around," she chuckled, taking a step back.

"I'd hoped she would catch you off guard, some secrets need to be kept Miss Dash. Before you begin your tirade and demand I unmask myself, keep in mind the company we keep. Nyx has been captured by our enemies, they also have Twilight. They can only intend to finish what they started," Spike explained.

"You wouldn't happen to know where they might be, would you?" Rarity asked.

"Right under Celestia's nose of course," Spike sighed.

"The room is sealed by thirteen high mages, counting Celestia. No way in, no way out. Simply put, we've already lost," Spike sat down, resting his hands on his legs.

"Our only chance is to take down Nightmare as soon as possible,"

"Yea, big problem in that plan. Pinks is in jail and we don't have Twilight, ya know, the one that controls that weird laserbeam of death that's saved our asses twice?" Rainbow argued.

"I'm working out the details. For now, our only chance is to let them believe they have us. We take up post around the room and the moment the seal falls, we go in, grab Twilight, regroup in Eraville, get Pinkie Pie, retreat into Everfree and recover. Nightmare will take her time exacting her revenge, and hopefully Nyx will still be in there somewhere," he sighed as he stood.

"You've been thinkin' pretty hard on this, huh bossman?" Vinyl asked inside of her armor. He gave a nod.

"Captain Armor, I apologize, but to maintain appearances we will need you to act in the dark,"

"You haven't failed me yet sir," the Captain sighed, giving a salute before teleporting away.

"So now what?" Rainbow growled.

"Now? Now we clean the shit off the fan," Vinyl scoffed.


Celestia frowned, watching Twilight be placed on the ground near the chained Incarnation. Both had been put into a deep sleep to make the process easier. The room had been sealed and all preparations had been made.

She watched Spell Nexus finish a few final sigils to the circle, dusting off his hands and taking his place around the ring. He raised his hands and began a soft chant, magic pouring forth from both Twilight and the Incarnation.

"I failed you Twilight..." Celestia mumbled softly.

"She isn't the only one you failed Princess. Honestly, I am surprised I got this far," Spell Nexus chuckled. She blinked, just barely catching his words.

"I...I'm sorry?" she asked, utterly confused. Until the moment he turned to her.

"Oh, you will be," he laughed, his eyes the same eyes that haunted her dreams. The Eyes of Nightmare. She flared out her magic, crying out as bolts slammed into her from every way, dropping her to the ground. Half the circle focused their mana on her, keeping her pinned and forcing her to watch as Mana was ripped from Twilight and funneled into the Incarnation.

"TWILIGHT!" She cried out, struggling against the bonds that held her. She had been such a fool. She practically gave them Twilight, and the Incarnation.

Once again, it was all her fault. She screamed as she slowly pushed to her knees, flooding herself with as much mana as she dared.

"W-We can't hold her!" a mage cried, Nexus swearing under his breath and snapping his fingers. A pair of blades pressed against her throat, Celestia daring a glance up at her attacker. She recognized the craftsmanship.

"Scythe, so you still live," Celestia spat.

"No thanks to you," he shrugged.

"Hey! Hurry the fuck up old man, this shit can only hold her for a few minutes!" he yelled, digging the blade against her skin.

"Why not finish me? You have me pinned and this blade is capable of the task. You won't get another chance," she growled.

"Because your death will not come by our hands Princess. You will fall to the rightful ruler of Terra, and then our Queen will take her place upon the throne. All of course, thanks to you. Watch Celestia, as all you've fought for crumbles beneath you," Nexus cackled, the sigils glowing brightly.

The Incarnation was lifted into the air, enveloped in Twilight's mana and a cloud of Chaos. Slowly her body began to change; From young innocent child, to true Nightmare Incarnate. She was gently lowered to the ground on her feet, stretching out her arms and pulling the Mana around her into herself, a silk dress forming around her body.

Her eyes opened slowly, Nightmare looking at her hands and then around the room. She stumbled forward a step, clutching her head and letting out a pained shriek that shook the room and its inhabitants to their cores.

Nexus rushed forward, placing his hand on her head, instantly calming her down. She slowly straightened herself, taking a shuddering breath.

"My Queen?" he asked softly.

"I see...So I live again, do I? Strange, the coward...I feel...something, but cannot hear her," Nightmare muttered.

"We have given you a body of your very own, no one to hold you back," Nexus smiled, bowing his head. Nightmare glanced about the room, her eyes falling on Celestia.

"You've even captured Celestia...I am impressed. Now, why would you go so far for me?" she wondered.

"We are but your children, seeking that which you promised my Queen. Night Eternal," Spell Nexus answered. Nightmare took a step forward, stumbling and caught by Nexus.

"Not all went according to plan as we had hoped. We must retreat for now my Queen. Your power needs time to stabilize," Spell Nexus explained softly. She grit her teeth, turning her gaze to Celestia.

"We will meet again, and the throne will be mine," she growled, lunging toward Celestia to make her point, her foot brushing against Twilight on the ground. Her anger vanished in an instant, Nightmare sinking to her knees and placing her hands against the unconscious Magian.

"T-Twilight?" she gasped, tears stinging her eyes and for a moment, Celestia saw it. She saw a child, lost and unsure of herself. Until Nightmare clutched her head once more, holding out her arm. Spell Nexus quickly grabbed her, the mages surrounding him.

Scythe pulled his blade away and leapt over next to them, grinning as they vanished. Seconds later Spike burst into the room with his sword drawn, followed by Rainbow, Rarity, and Applejack.

Celestia pulled herself to her knees, her head down in shame. She placed a hand against Twilight's shoulder.

"Damn it, I am so fucking sick of them just taking off!" Vinyl swore, punching the wall.

"They know they can't face us...Chase them down, in a panic like that, there's no way to hide themselves, not for long," Spike ordered. Vinyl nodded, lifting her head as if searching for a scent before teleporting away. Spike knelt in front of Celestia and Twilight.

"I failed you..." she mumbled.

"Perhaps, but I've failed you as well. Now is the time for action," Spike replied, slipping his arms underneath Twilight.

"She's innocent Princess," Spike said quietly, his back to her.

"She's trapped inside that thing. I saw her...only when it was too late," Celestia scoffed as she stood, placing a hand against the cut on her neck. She closed her eyes for a moment, her magic flaring around her.

"Spike...Release Vanessa. Nightmare wants me. Perhaps I can..."

"The child will not speak to you sister. Frankly, I would prefer not to speak to you," Luna spoke up from the doorway.

"Uh...hey," Rainbow waved. Luna nodded in her direction, keeping her eyes focused on Celestia.

"Just now, she and Twilight Sparkle slept in this madness you allowed. I could not keep to myself any longer and sought them out. Our Savior will live, though we fear for what remains of her lifespan," Luna explained herself, stepping forward and placing a hand on Twilight's forehead.

"We believe she has been Bewitched. A Power we once held as Nightmare, but t'was not Nightmare that cast this..." Luna mumbled, holding her hands over Twilight, blinking as she vanished.

"OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Rainbow yelled.


Nyx slowly opened her eyes, feeling the warmth of magic around her. She looked at her hands, feeling...strange. Looking around the room she saw the man with her eyes, but he was shorter...Or was she taller? She took a step forward and stumbled, blinking as memories flooded her. Things she had done, things she wanted to do, things she needed to do.

T-These aren't my memories? Are they? What...What...Am I really a monster? D-Did I kill all those people?! she grabbed her head and began to scream, her thoughts fading as a hand rested on her head. Nyx felt herself fading as her eyes landed on the man, everything going black.

She felt herself floating along in the darkness, being slowly wrapped in warmth. Her eyes felt heavy, she just wanted to sleep. She could sleep and everything would be better. She would wake up and Twilight would be there, and Scootaloo too. Sweetie Belle would be there, she rarely left Scootaloo's side. Applebloom would be there too...

She smiled, thinking of her friends, squinting against a dim light that began to grow.

She peered through the light, seeing Twilight passed out on the floor. She snapped back to her senses, rushing to Twilight's side.

"T-Twilight?" she gasped, unable to stop the tears running down her cheeks. She cried out as the Darkness returned, throwing her back. She struggled against it, tearing through it and screaming as it coiled around her

"TWILIGHT! MOM!"


Applebloom shivered, rolling her neck.

"Okay, this is super weird," Scootaloo mumbled.

"All things considered, is it any weirder than normal?" Sweetie Belle asked with a few bits of red still slowly fading from her eyes. She busied herself with cleaning and bandaging Scootaloo's finger. The Skyborn shrugged.

"What do ya think?" Applebloom asked, looking over at Pinkie Pie.

"I can't really tell, these locks are pretty nifty things, but what do you feel?" Pinkie asked weakly.

"Somethin's changed...Ah think it's Nyx a-and maybe miss Twilight," Applebloom guessed, rubbing the back of her head.

"Are they okay?" Sweetie Belle wondered.

"Ah dunno, both of em are alive, ah know that much, but ah can't really pin anythin' down,"

"I think you've done wonderfully so far, and for one so young. Miss Pie seems to have trained you well," The Doctor chuckled as he returned with a few juice boxes. He sat in their circle, passing them out.

"Thanks Doc. So, you know all our secrets?" Scootaloo asked.

"Not really a secret when someone knows it," The Doctor pointed out, sipping his juice box.

"Can we let Pinkie out?" Sweetie Belle interrupted, uncomfortable talking about her own little secret.

"I've done everything I can. I just need..." The Doctor paused as a scroll appeared before him, falling into his hand. He unrolled it and grinned, jumping to his feet and rushing to Pinkie Pie, holding out the scroll to her.

"Miss Pie, you have officially been pardoned of all crimes. The Princess' send their apologies and regards and plan to compensate you for your pain and suffering," The Doctor listed off. Pinkie smiled as the scroll began to glow, the locks on her jacket and chains vanishing. She slipped out of the jacket, taking in a huge gulp of air and gasping as the girls piled on top of her in a group hug.

"Well, that solves one problem, but leaves another," The Doctor mumbled, reading the rest of the letter.

Applebloom let out a squeak, both her and Pinkie shuddering.

"That's super weird," Scootaloo pointed out. The Doctor gave a nod, pulling something out of his coat pocket. It seemed like a tiny flashlight, making a buzzing noise as he aimed it at Applebloom. He flicked it towards himself and gave a nod.

"Seems those lessons of yours have awakened some interesting things,"

"Well duh!" Pinkie snorted. Applebloom shrugged as her friends looked at her.

"She can Manifest Chaos now, that opens all kinds of fun doors, hehe," Pinkie giggled

"Mhm...well, I believe you girls have a schedule to keep, so I won't keep you waiting," The Doctor smiled at them, tucking his hands into his coat pockets.

"Oh! And remember all the things I warned you about? Forget everything I said, do what feels right," he said softly, waving as he left.

"The heck does that mean?" Scootaloo wondered.

"It means ya'll get t' use those fancy powers o' yers,"

"Ooooh, so you got a plan?" Pinkie asked. Applebloom stood up and crossed her arms.

"Eeyup!"


"Something serious is going on," he mumbled, glancing over at Zecora. She didn't seem fazed at all, simply going about checking her different vials and placing them gently on her newly made shelves. Nature seemed to just bend to her will, giving her everything she needed.

She had been trying to teach him, but things hadn't worked out.

"Zecora, are we just shacking up in this fucked forest to deal with whatever the fuck THAT is?" he asked, pointing to the growing Chaos in the distance. She only gave him a smile, going back to her work.

"One of these days this secrety shit is gonna bite you in the ass," he grumbled, turning his attention back to the madness in the distance. Was the signature a Chaotician? A simple wielder of Chaos such as himself? Sure, he fancied himself a God, but he'd been proven wrong on that by the woman who currently held his leash.

Was Zecora just going around adding would be Gods to her collection? She had things in jars he had never seen before, maybe she was just an insane collector of dangerous shit. The idea perked him up a little, giving him the sense that he was inherently dangerous.

Still, whatever that was in the distance...well, he wanted nothing to do with it. And yet Zecora went about as if there was nothing there.

Just what the fuck are you anyway?


She let out a whistle as she glanced at the charm around her neck. The pink jewel was glowing brightly as she turned, letting out a sigh as she found herself facing in the direction of Celamont.

"I've barely left the castle and shit is already going down," Daring mumbled under her breath. She tucked the jewel into her shirt and reached for her compass, flicking it open and glancing around.

"Come on little magic trinket...Come to Mama,"


Spell Nexus let out a sigh as he sat at his Queen's bedside. It wasn't the most extravagant, but that would change soon enough. For now they would be trapped. A small underground living space, carved out in an Era forgotten with the peace held by Celestia. It had been created in part of a chain of other spaces, meant to be an underground city for civilians to live in during times of war.

They were also carefully hidden, so as to be kept out of sight of their enemies. It would keep them safe, for a time.

"She is unstable...The Child is fighting her somehow," Nexus murmured over his notes. On a nearby bed rested Twilight Sparkle and between them sat one of his mages, siphoning magic from the Magian and fueling it into their resting Queen.

"If only we had more time. I could find a way to fully subdue the Child..." he sighed and began pacing about the room. The supply of magic would help push things along, just as long as they didn't take too much at once. What good was a dead battery?

"T-Twilight..." his Queen muttered in her sleep. Spell Nexus paused, glancing between them. He walked up to his mage, tapping their shoulder.

"That will be enough for now, away with you, I must check something," he ordered. The mage nodded obediently, face hidden by their hooded robe and left the room. Nexus held out his hands to either woman, releasing the sleeping spell. Both awakened slowly, Nexus taking a step back and cloaking himself to observe them.


"Ow..." Nightmare groaned as she awoke. She sat up slowly, hearing a groan from beside her. Her eyes widened as she spotted Twilight rubbing her head. All at once she was no longer Nightmare, she was Nyx. She threw herself at Twilight, hugging her tightly.

"Twilight! You're okay!" she gasped. Twilight blinked, looking around slowly. Nyx stood up, panicking a little as Twilight seemed oblivious of her.

"Twilight?" she asked, reaching out to her and realizing just how tall she was. She glanced at herself, spotting a standing mirror nearby and rushing over to it.

"Oh wow, is that...me?" she wondered aloud, touching her face. She gasped in surprise as arms wrapped around her, spotting Twilight through the mirror.

"Mmm..." Twilight groaned against her, Nyx turned and returned the hug, chuckling a little.

"Hey, I'm taller than you...Heh..." she sighed, still not getting a response. She looked around the room as she felt a chill, clutching Twilight close.

"Who's there!? Show yourself!" she demanded. Seconds later the man with her eyes stepped from the shadows and bowed his head.

"I didn't mean to spook you, but I had to be certain...Is that you Child?" he asked softly, seeming very tense.

"Yes it's me, who else would it be?" Nyx wondered. He seemed to breath a sigh of relief as he stood upright.

"We were worried things might not work out as we had planned, but I am happy to see you safe. Celestia found us trying to pull out your potential instead of executing you as she had asked of us. That woman there did everything she could to save you and us," he explained. Nyx looked down and smiled.

"Twilight saved me again...But whats wrong with her? She won't respond to me," Nyx pointed out.

"She fought with all her might and Celestia fought back. She took on many powerful spells so that we could escape. I only just barely managed to pluck her from Celestia. I am sure she intended to kill her," the man sighed. Nyx grit her teeth, keeping Twilight close.

"Why would she do that? What have we ever done to her?!" Nyx growled, her magic flaring around her.

"Please calm yourself Child. Remember, we've unlocked your potential and your magic is very very powerful,"

Nyx took a slow breath, relaxing her hold on her magic.

"You seem to know a lot about me mister, just who are you anyway?"

"Oh I suppose I never did really introduce myself. I am Spell Nexus, formerly Celestia's expert in all things magic, until I realized she is a tyrant, controlling everything and everyone to her own benefit,"

Nyx frowned, looking down at Twilight who smiled weakly up at her.

"You said my magic could save us all, right Mister Nexus?" Nyx asked softly.

"Yes Child, but not with Celestia standing against us. We may be able to discuss things between us, but I doubt she will see reason, our only option may be to fight..." Nexus hung his head.

"She wanted to see us all dead, just because I exist. If that's how she wants to play things, then I'll return the favor. Show me how to fight, show me how to use my magic,"

"As you wish,"

Author's Note:

oooooh whats gonna happen? NOBODY KNOWS
Also, bet you thought I forgot about your oc? Well I didn't! Just gotta keep relevant stuff relevant

PreviousChapters Next