• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 9,581 Views, 504 Comments

Discovering Friendship - Saro0fdemonz



Twilight Sparkle, aspiring student of Princess Celestia has been tasked with the most difficult challenge a Magian must face. Making friends. Along the way she will discover what it means to truly be a friend and uncover a power unlike any other.

  • ...
38
 504
 9,581

PreviousChapters Next
S2EP12 -

Spell Nexus gently held Twilight, one hand on her back and the other under her arm with her leaning in to him as they walked. Shining rushed to them, pulling Twilight's arm over his shoulder.

"Is she...?" words failed him as she smiled up at him weakly. She didn't speak, only leaning in to him.

"She will make a full recovery Captain. The amount of Chaos in her system worries me. There is no knowing just how long this Incarnation has had her claws in your sister, but I think we have a way of ending all of his once and for all," Spell Nexus held up a small crystal.

"I've sampled the Chaos from her system and with a bit of her blood mixed with the Chaos I have crafted a simple Phylactery that in theory should lead us directly through the link held between them,"

"Link? What link?" Shining demanded.

"My apologies, they don't educate the guard as they should, not your fault of course. To maintain control as she has over your sister, Nightmare, or the Incarnation, must maintain a link between them, we can follow that link directly to her, capture her, and end this," Spell Nexus explained. Shining stared at the crystal, feeling Twilight shiver against him.

"I'll trust that to you for now. I need to make sure Twilight is safe," Shining decided. Spell Nexus gave a nod, bowing slightly and dismissing himself.

"S-Shiny..." Twilight groaned weakly.

"Save your strength Twily, we'll get through this, I swear," Shining promised. She gripped his shirt for a moment before passing out. He let out a sigh and lifted her up in his arms.

"I swear Twily, they'll pay for doing this to you," he growled under his breath as he carried her to her old room. Not much had changed within, he was sure Celestia's maids still came in to keep it clean, on the chance Twilight would visit.

He gently tucked her in, letting out a sigh as his comm buzzed to life.

"Captain Armor, report," he answered.

"Sir, he's arrived!"

Shit


He let out a slow breath, his sword within its sheath and a pistol strapped to his hip. He'd never liked guns. A sword moved with him, was a part of him, an extension of himself. It was easier to slice than to shoot. Maybe that tied in to his heritage, to the beast inside that preferred close quarters combat and claws.

So it was that a six foot tall suit of snow white armor, a red cape clinging to its shoulders with a sunburst patched in to it, marched toward the main gate of Celamont.

The guards hesitated, both gripped spears and unsure of how to act. This man, who had saved them many times and probably many more they didn't know about...

Was a traitor.

"I will not kill you, but if you block my path, I cannot promise you will leave unharmed," Spike spoke up, his voice much deeper from inside the armor.

"w-Why Sir?! Why betray the Princess?" one demanded. Spike sighed, resting a hand on his sword hilt.

"There are things at work you would not understand. You should know, I have not betrayed her, rather she has betrayed me," Spike said, continuing on his path forward. The guards lifted their spears at him. They had seen this man on the battlefield, they knew what he was capable of, but they had a duty to their Princess.

Spike couldn't help but smile. It seemed not so long ago, he stood in their shaking boots, ready to die for his Princess. Though all things considered, had that really changed?

"You're both rather brave, I'll be sure to let the Princess know you stood your ground like you were trained," Spike shifted his stance, the guards glancing at one another. Spike paused and stood upright, the guards staring in confusion. At least until they heard the clinking of armor behind them.

Relief flooded them as their Captain stepped forth.

"Men, carry a message to the Princess, tell her the Traitor has arrived," Shining Armor ordered, flaring out his mana as the Guards rushed to do as ordered.

"Captain Shining Armor, of course she would send the finest of soldiers," Spike chuckled.

"Your praise means much sir. I would rather we not do this today," Shining admitted.

"So, she sent you for Twilight as well then? To think she would be so cruel," Spike sighed, glancing up at Celamont's towers. He tilted his head to the side to avoid Shining's bolt of magic, flung in anger.

"You are many things Captain, but an idiot is not one. I'm sure you're aware Celestia keeps you in the dark on many things," Spike began, lifting his arm to catch Shining's sword, the Magian glaring at him while mana filled him.

"Did you not just say you'd rather not face me, Captain? I admit, I feel the same," Spike pointed out, watching Shining leap away, mana coating his blade and shield.

He's going all out. If he took Twilight in, then she has to be safe. But with all the strings being pulled by Nexus, just how safe is she? Spike wondered. He smirked inside the armor and let out a slow breath.

"If you fall here, who will protect her Captain? I know much is hidden from you, but there is one thing you know about me," Spike pressed a hand to his chest, his cape billowing in the wind.

"This armor was bestowed upon me by Celestia, my Loyalty to her binds its magic to me, so if I truly betrayed her, why does the armor still function?" Spike argued. Shining had to pause at that, his mana flickering for only a moment.

"I have my orders Sir, it's rather late for me to turn sides, don't you think?" he argued back. Spike swore under his breath. He didn't want to hurt anyone, especially Shining. Twilight would REALLY never forgive him then.

I could reveal myself...but what would that solve? Beyond making him question everything he knows, it might buy me enough time... Spike pondered.

"You intend to do this?" Spike asked, unclipping his cape, the material vanishing in a puff of green flame.

"We don't have to. You could turn yourself in Sir," Shining offered.

"It would be suicide Captain, surely you've noticed by now. My lack of a Mana Signature, no Scent of Sky, no Gentle Aura," Spike listed off. Shining stared for a moment, shifting his stance.

"What are you?" he demanded.

"I'm something you'd rather not fight Captain," Spike answered, drawing his sword.


Applebloom sneezed, chaos sparking around her for a moment. She glanced around, seeing only Applejack nearby carrying a bucket. Seeing her daughter staring she set the bucket down and raised an eyebrow.

"Someone's comin'" Applebloom explained. Seconds later, Rainbow slammed into the ground between them.

"Afternoon Rainbow, what brings ya'll out here?" Applejack wondered. Rainbow glanced between them, clearing her throat.

"We uh, got a bit of a problem," Rainbow paused as Applebloom shivered, Chaos sparking around her again.

"Ah think Miss Twilight's in trouble..."

"Wow that's scary," Rainbow mumbled.

"Why?" Applejack demanded, clenching her fists.

"No! Not like that Aj! I mean, Pinks said the exact same thing," Rainbow quickly defended herself.

"This like th' last time?" Applejack asked. Rainbow glanced at Applebloom, deciding details could wait.

"Not exactly, it's uh..."

"It's Nyx, ain't it Miss Dash?" Applebloom asked. Rainbow tensed up and let out a sigh.

"Look, I already gotta deal with Pinkie doin' this; is this gonna be a thing?" Rainbow asked.

"Ah'm sorry, still gettin' th' hang o' all this Miss Dash, but...Nyx is safe. Ah can feel it," Applebloom smiled. Rainbow knelt in front of her, biting her lip.

"Ya'll wanna know 'bout Miss Twilight, right?"

"Yea...Pinks just said she was in trouble, but she ain't doing so well herself..." Rainbow sighed.

"Ah dunno how t' jus' pick up things like Pinkie does...But ah can try!" Applebloom offered. Rainbow chuckled and stood, putting a hand on her head.

"I appreciate it kid, but let's worry about that later, k?" Rainbow said softly.

"Lemme get this straight RD, yer gal is in some trouble an ya'll ain't gonna take th' chance to find her?" Applejack asked.

"That Chaos stuff is dangerous AJ. I've seen it hurt Shy, I've seen it hurt Pinkie. I'm not gonna offer up your kid, besides, we know WHERE she is. She went to talk to the Princess," Rainbow explained. Applejack chuckled, patting Rainbow's shoulder.

"Then what's th' problem? If she's with th' Princess then she should be fine!" Applejack laughed.

"That's the problem AJ..."


"Go for V," Vinyl answered her phone out of habit.

"Vanessa, Spike has returned to Celamont and is currently battling Captain Armor, we need you to provide backup,"

Are you nuts? You want me to fight Spike? Why the fuck would he bother fighting anyone when he can just teleport to the throne room? Vinyl wondered.

"Backup for who exactly?" she played dumb.

"Now is not the time for games,"

"Who says your Captain needs backup anyway? Can the Great Descendant of Starswirl not handle a lone little Dragon?" Vinyl teased, even as her mana wove the spell to take her to Spike. She shook her head, having had enough of the conversation and hanging up the phone. She could deal with Princess Buttmunch and her punishment later. She closed her eyes, the sunburst mark glowing brightly, her armor coming to life around her moments before she popped into existence behind Spike.

He glanced over his shoulder at her and chuckled.

"Looks like I have less time than I thought," he muttered.

"I'm not too happy about this either boss," Vinyl pointed out. She looked past him at Shining Armor, the Captain of the Guard a bit out of breath, but his mana still rushing about at full force.

Guess no one is a match for ya, huh boss?

"Well, you know why I'm here Boss, so...we gonna dance?" she asked. He turned toward her and shrugged.

"I told you before, I don't know how to dance," he pointed out. He shifted to the side, Shining Armor gasping as he fell through Spike's afterimage and tumbled back to his feet beside Vinyl.

"Don't worry Captain, I didn't forget about you," Spike said. Vinyl was sure he was grinning behind that helmet. Was he really enjoying this? Or was it all just for show?

"Where's the kid?" Vinyl asked as the Sunburst mark burned her skin.

"Safe from the Knights. She's innocent in all of this,"

"Innocent my ass!" Shining yelled, gripping his sword.

"That THING poisoned my sister! Do you have any idea what she had to go through?!" he continued to yell. Spike let out a sigh.

"You are mistaken captain, it wasn't the child that poisoned your sister. It was the very person you trusted to save her," Spike argued. Shining Armor charged forward, his sword knocked away by Spike's gauntlet and his shield caught by the dragon-kin's sword.

"Your little tricks worked well against the Knights of Nightmare, even better against Discord, but I am a very different being Captain. I know more about you than you could ever know, and I know that you cannot win this battle," Spike taunted, shoving Shining backwards. Vinyl grit her teeth as the Captain slid back into place beside her.

"I could use some assistance Sir!" Shining yelled at her.

Vinyl grit her teeth, steeling her resolve and deciding she had no choice but to fight. And then the Mark began to burn her skin. She blinked and stared at Spike for a moment, before bursting into laughter.

You sly motherfucker, using her own shit against her,

"Oh wow, you know, I just realized...Celestia is an idiot, huh Boss?" she asked. Spike chuckled and shrugged.

"Wha..."

"Sorry Captain, but our Princess refuses to let me fight him," Vinyl sighed. Before Shining could question her further, she rushed forward, throwing her fist toward Spike's face, only for the Sunburst to flare runes across her armor, pain rushing through her and dropping her to the ground.

"The Enchantment I spoke of before Captain, makes sure we cannot betray one another or the Princess. It forbades us from causing harm to one another," Spike explained, helping Vinyl to her feet.

"So all this time, you've been held back by her Enchantment?" Shining realized. Spike gave a short nod.

"Then why did she order me to stop you?" Shining demanded.

"Because of the kid," Vinyl said weakly, Spike helping her sit down.

"If you want to understand, we will explain it to you Captain, but first we must rescue your sister,"


"Rarity, whats going on?" Sweetie Belle asked as she watched her sister fuss over what seemed to be nothing.

"Oh, well, my friends and I must take an emergency trip to Celamont for some rather important business. Your teacher is going to be watching over you and your friends until we get back," Rarity explained. Sweetie Belle blinked, feeling the familiar sensation of her sister's magic wrapping around her and finding herself beside Scootaloo.

"H-Hey Belle," Scootaloo said softly, quickly rubbing her eyes.

"Um...Hi, wait, were you crying?!" Sweetie Belle gasped, hugging her friend close. Scootaloo groaned but accepted the hug, leaning into Sweetie Belle.

The Doctor smiled as he walked in with Applebloom. She let out a sigh, marching over to her friends and tapping them both on top of their heads. She glanced at The Doctor who simply nodded.

"Scoots, remember when ya'll said we could be heroes?" Applebloom asked, her eyes slowly changing, white shifting to yellow.

"Ah think now's th' time,"

PreviousChapters Next