• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 9,576 Views, 504 Comments

Discovering Friendship - Saro0fdemonz



Twilight Sparkle, aspiring student of Princess Celestia has been tasked with the most difficult challenge a Magian must face. Making friends. Along the way she will discover what it means to truly be a friend and uncover a power unlike any other.

  • ...
38
 504
 9,576

PreviousChapters Next
S2EP10 Realization

Nyx's eyes rolled back in her head, Spike catching her before she could hit the ground.

"S-Spike?" Scootaloo gasped, still in shock from Nyx breaking ALL of Twilight's rules. Just what was she trying to do?!

"Hey Scoot, no time to chat. I gotta get going, tell Twilight I said hi!" Spike laughed, giving a lazy salute before snapping his fingers and vanishing with Nyx in tow. Scootaloo and Pinkie sat there in silence for a moment.

"Um...What just happened?"


Twilight stared at the beam of light, knowing its source all too well.

"Nyx...Nyx no!" She cried, rushing toward the source. But just as quickly as it started, it ended. The remaining mana however hung heavy in the air and could probably be felt for miles.

Everyone would think that Nightmare Moon had returned.

"Okay, calm down, deep breaths...What do I do?" Twilight asked herself. She closed her eyes, taking a slow breath.

You'll figure it out, Sparkles always do, the woman's voice echoed in her mind. What did it mean? And what did it have to do with Nyx? She shook her head, continuing on the path to where Nyx had last been, gasping as Pinkie Pie popped into existence in front of her.

"Pinkie, wha..."

"No time!" Pinkie yelled, grabbing her hand. Twilight blinked, realizing Pinkie was carrying Scootaloo on her back.

"After them!" Spell Nexus yelled. Twilight stared and gasped as Pinkie snapped her fingers.


Moments Earlier.

Pinkie's eyes went wide as her shoulder twitched and her heart ached. She quickly snatched up Scootaloo, tossing the Skyborn on her back.

"Hold on tight Scooty!" She called, leaping out of her window as Guards poured into her room. She rolled through the air with a squeal and hit the ground hard, bending her knees and taking off at a sprint, the sounds of teleports catching up to her.

"Why are we running?!" Scootaloo yelled over the wind.

"Why are they chasing us!?" Pinkie yelled back. Scootaloo had no answer for that, tightening her arms around Pinkie's neck. Pinkie chewed her lip, glancing over her shoulder at the soldiers gaining on her. While Celestia knew her secret, she could guess the guards didn't, and she doubted they would just turn the other way once they found out just how much chaos was in her system.

Especially after the light show Nyx had put on in HER room...That she had just run from.

The Gaian paused for a moment as her eye and knee twitched together, veering around a corner and quickly snapping her fingers, mumbling an apology to Scootaloo as she teleported silently. She popped into reality in front of Twilight, snatching up her arm just as the Guards turned back on to her scent.

"Pinkie, wha..." Twilight began

"No time!" Pinkie yelled

"After them!" Spell Nexus yelled, joining the group of Guards chasing her down. Pinkie swore under her breath, snapping her fingers again, taking Twilight and Scootaloo with her. The three tumbled across the ground, Pinkie laying on her side and panting heavily while Chaos sparked painfully across her body.

"P-Pinkie!" Scootaloo panicked, crying out as a spark shocked her hand. Twilight tugged Scootaloo away, hugging the girl close.

"J-Just give her a moment Scootaloo," Twilight stammered. Pinkie smiled weakly, snapping her fingers one last time, appearing before the Guards. They wouldn't stop chasing after the trail of Chaos. So she'd give them what they wanted.


"PINKIE NO!" Twilight cried, but it was too late. She was gone. It was obvious even to Twilight that Pinkie had been using the Chaos within herself rather than around herself. The same Chaos that was keeping her alive.

But why? To protect Nyx? That had to be it. Nyx had obviously stopped holding back her magic for some reason and had put on a show for everyone to see, marking her signature across the magical spectrum. Pinkie must've caught on and covered it with her own.

"W-What is happening?" Scootaloo stammered in her lap, looking up at her. Twilight struggled to find something to say, looking around as words failed her. Pinkie had dropped them off a short distance into white tail woods. Fluttershy's cottage wouldn't be too far.

"I...I don't know. But we are going to fix it," Twilight promised as she stood. She held Scootaloo's hand and began the trek to Fluttershy's cottage.


Nyx awoke slowly, finding herself on a mat with a brown blanket placed over her.

"That was really stupid Nyx," Spike spoke up from beside her. She glanced over at him and sat up slowly.

"Where am I?" she asked, ignoring his remark.

"Somewhere special. It won't keep us hidden for long. Celestia has a damn good memory. I say we have a day or two," Spike murmured, holding out a bottle of water to her.

"What is going on?" She asked, taking the bottle gingerly.

"Nyx...I don't really know all the details, but you've got magic that belongs to someone else...Very dangerous magic. And you look like her too. That little show of yours has all of Terra chasing you down, and anyone close to you," Spike explained. He kindly left out the part of Guards already on the path to grab her.

"Then why not let them take me?" she pointed out, clutching the bottle.

"I'm just a freak...A Celestian who shouldn't exist, right?" she asked him, her eyes glowing dimly in the darkness. His own eyes glowed as well, the dragon-kin letting out a sigh.

"Because I'm a freak who shouldn't exist," he chuckled, slipping an arm around her shoulder.

"They think you're evil, that you want to hurt them...We'll prove em wrong though, but you've gotta trust me. I had to do this...It was the only way to keep Twilight from being dragged into this mess," Spike explained.

"Spike...I don't know what to say,"

"You don't have to say anything, just rest up, I'll take care of the rest," he said softly, scooting away and letting her lay down. She smiled over at him, still clutching the water bottle close. In the Darkness, all that could be seen was the glow of his eyes.

His eyes that were the same as hers.


"What the fuck are you doing?!" Rainbow yelled, standing over Pinkie Pie and holding out her arms, covered in her armor and glaring at the Guards.

"She was at the center of a Chaos Event. She fled the scene and was openly Channeling it!" Spell Nexus argued. Pinkie curled up tighter underneath Rainbow, wrapping her arms around herself.

"It's okay Dashie, just let them do their jobs," Pinkie said weakly.

"Fuck that Pinks. Don't you idiots know we saved the whole damn world?! Twice! She's the fucking Element of Laughter!" Rainbow continued to argue with them.

"That as may be, we cannot leave anything to chance. By Decree of Princess Celestia I am taking her with me," Spell Nexus continued to press.

"Now, this is interesting, wouldn't ya say?" The Doctor chuckled as he marched on to the scene. He held up his hands as spears were pointed at him.

"Now now, calm down a moment. I believe there has been a rather large misunderstanding here," The Doctor began.

"This is none of your business Doctor," Nexus said through gritted teeth. The Doctor pulled something out of his coat pocket, flashing it to the Magian.

"Actually, it is my business," he argued, Spell Nexus glaring at him and snatching the badge out of his hand. He looked over it again and again, sure enough, it was real.

"So what?! I have jurisdiction, given by Celestia herself!" he yelled.

"Guards, Stand Down, Code Platinum 7," The Doctor ordered, the Guards standing at attention.

"We will compromise then. You take her in, but we use my Cell to hold her while I build a case for her innocence. Or we can fight through the yellow type," The Doctor spoke softly. Rainbow just stared in confusion.

"Fine, have it your way, but this isn't over Doctor," Nexus growled. The Doctor winked at Rainbow and glanced down at Pinkie Pie. Catching the hint, Rainbow helped Pinkie to her feet, walking forward and grinning as a path opened in the guards ranks.

"T-Thanks Doc..." Pinkie chuckled weakly.

"Don't thank me yet Miss Pie. We've still a ways to go to get out of this one,"


Vinyl tapped her foot impatiently, jumping in surprise as the comm buzzed to life.

"Hello? Is this thing on?!" Twilight asked.

"I read ya Sparky. Tell me you've got good news," Vinyl begged.

"No...I've got nothing. I don't know where Nyx is and Pinkie sacrificed herself so we could get away,"

"wait what? The hell do you mean sacrificed herself?" Vinyl demanded. Twilight recounted the events over the comm, Vinyl's heart dropping.

"We're at Fluttershy's cabin right now,"

Shit...shit,shit,shit,shit,fuck,shit,damn it,fuck! Vinyl chanted in her head as the sunburst mark began to burn.

"Sparkle...Listen to me carefully. Get Fluttershy and fuck off somewhere, lose the comm. I get what the bossman was doing. You need to keep away from the Knights and the guards!" Vinyl yelled, crying out as runes raced across her body. She bit her lip, flaring out her mana to maintain control.

"This...fucking...AHHH!"

"A-Are you alright?!" Twilight panicked over the comm.

"JUST DO WHAT I SAID FOR FUCKS SAKE!" She yelled, grabbing the comm and crushing it. She dug her nails into the floor, her body shaking as she panted and struggled.

I get it now boss...You aren't Marked like us, so you went off the grid. I'm not a Knight...I'm a fucking Dog,

Vinyl cried out again as the mark burned more, her magic already forming the spell to teleport to Fluttershy's cottage. She needed to buy Twilight some more time to get away. She struggled to her feet, spotting a standing mirror and rushed for it, flinging off her shades and staring into the mirror, hitting herself with her Mesmir at Full Blast, embedding several orders into her mind. Moments later her magic flared against her will, shattering the mirror. Vinyl stumbled backwards until her back hit wall, sliding down it and staring drunkenly into space.

The Sunburst Mark flared, working its magic with her own to repair the damage she had done to herself.

Hurry up Sparkle...


"What have I done?" Twilight asked herself, staring at the comm in her hands. She held it in her magic, clenching her eyes shut tight as she crushed the device.

"Twilight...I-I think we should go," Fluttershy stammered from the doorway. Twilight took a slow breath to calm her nerves, inhaling some fresh air and putting on a confident smile.

She was the Leader. She had to be strong.

"I think you're right Fluttershy. But we aren't going to run away from this," Twilight said, sounding stronger than she felt.

"We're going straight to Celestia herself and making this right," she declared, letting her magic flare outwards, a large arcane circle forming under her. Long distance teleport was tricky business. But she knew exactly where she wanted to be.

"I caused all of this...My stupidity. All of this is my fault...But I am going to fix it. Shy, please take Scootaloo somewhere safe, and the others. I'll talk to the Princess and make this right!" she gasped as Scootaloo tackled her.

"Wait! B-Before you go...N-Nyx had a message. She...She said...'Tell mom I love her'" Scootaloo cried, looking up at her. Twilight went stiff, staring at Scootaloo in shock. The Skyborn slowly stepped back from the circle, grabbing Fluttershy's hand and wiping away her tears.

"B-Be safe Mom..."

"I...I will," Twilight smiled. And then she was gone.


"Come now Rarity, surely Twilight will have an explanation for all of this," Rarity argued with herself as she came upon the Library. She stepped inside, finding a heavy mix of mana in the air. Her eyes followed the trails for a moment before landing on Vinyl propped up against a wall with her mana swarming around her body.

"V-Vinyl!" Rarity rushed forward, gasping as the magic lashed out in front of her, cutting her off. She grit her teeth and tried again, once more stopped by Vinyl's magic. Again she felt a pang in her heart at the sight of her injured sister. Something she remembered happening often when she was a child.

Just how long had Vinyl been fighting this secret war? Had it always been like this? Her excuses had never made any sense...Had all of it truly been to keep her and Sweetie Belle safe?

She took a slow breath, her armor forming in full around her, Valkyrie helm and all. She slowly walked forward, wincing as mana bounced across her armor. She knelt in front of Vinyl, wrapping her arms around the vampire.

"I'm here sister..." she whispered, gasping as Vinyl shoved her away.

"Rares...R-Run..." Vinyl gasped weakly.

"I won't abandon you again!" Rarity yelled, memories clicking into place.

"I...I remember! That night when I followed you out of the house, when that man captured me, when I made your life so much harder just because I couldn't listen to you...Because I didn't...listen..." Rarity stood slowly, clenching her fists angrily.

"Is this like then sister?" Rarity asked softly. Vinyl smiled sadly, tears stinging her eyes. Rarity swore under her breath as her armor faded away.

"This one time I will trust you Vinyl...You deserve that much. But we are talking after this, I swear it!" Rarity yelled as she gathered her Mana. She didn't know what she would need it for. But something was definitely coming. In a flash she was gone, teleporting to the only friend she could think to go to.

Fluttershy.

PreviousChapters Next