• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 9,581 Views, 504 Comments

Discovering Friendship - Saro0fdemonz



Twilight Sparkle, aspiring student of Princess Celestia has been tasked with the most difficult challenge a Magian must face. Making friends. Along the way she will discover what it means to truly be a friend and uncover a power unlike any other.

  • ...
38
 504
 9,581

PreviousChapters Next
Episode Twelve:The Demon Baker of Eravil Part Two

"I'm sorry but...did you just say..." Rarity paused, unsure how to phrase her question. Doctor Stable of all people had fainted, the nurse calling in another nurse to help get him to a bed. Pinkie chuckled nervously, hanging her head.

"Yea, um...its hard to explain...and weird" she mumbled, slipping her shirt back on.

"Pinkie, in the past few weeks we've found out that we're the Elements of Harmony, I'm a freak of nature, Twilight is the great grand-kid of the greatest wizard ever, Rarity is a freakin' vampire and Applejack is a mom. Weird is who we are right now." Rainbow argued.

"She has a point Pinkie, but this...this is scientifically impossible." Twilight shook her head.

"Well not really, I mean, my mom was a Chaotician..." Pinkie mumbled. The room fell silent as the baker twiddled her thumbs.

"I uh...should start at the beginning huh?" she asked, answered only with nods.

"Well...I know Chaoticians are bad people who only wanna hurt others, but my mom wasn't like that! A-and neither was my grandma, or her momma, or her momma or..."

"Pinkie, how far back does this go?" Twilight interrupted.

"Um...a few hundred generations?" Pinkie guessed. Twilight's thoughts were racing at a mile per minute.

Pinkie Pie's family line has been full of Chaotician's that no one has been aware of. Just how many are really out there? she wondered.

"B-But like I said. They aren't bad an evil or anything like that! B-But my mom did kinda do a bad thing..." Pinkie bit her lip as she sat down.

"I was a stillborn and it really made my momma sad. All she wanted in life was a family. I mean, she had my sisters, but she wasn't their real mom. She wanted a kid of her own so...when I didn't make it, it really tore her up...so she used her magic that her momma told her to never ever EVER use."

"She revived you?" Twilight gasped.

"Um...kind of."


She panted heavily as she lay in bed, the doctors falling silent.

"my baby...is my baby...alright?" she asked, too tired to even lift her head. She was sure she would've heard crying, so why wasn't there any crying?

"I...I'm so sorry Miss Pie..." the nurse apologized. Tears welled up in her eyes as she watched her daughter be wrapped up in a towel.

"no...NO! Bring me back my baby! Bring me my baby girl!" she screamed as they turned to walk away with her child. This couldn't be happening, it shouldn't be happening, not after she had waited so long.

Nine hard months of imagining all the wonderful times she would share with her bundle of joy, raising her, teaching her, playing with her. All of it came crashing down as the doctors took her away.

"COME BACK!" she screamed, the room shaking around her, lights flickering and the walls cracking. Softly, so soft she almost didn't hear it, she heard the cry of a baby girl. The doctors standing in shock and unwrapping the bundle they held. The girl held up her arms, crying louder and shutting her eyes against the light.

"I-It's a miracle..." the nurse gasped. The Doctor returned slowly, holding out the girl to her mother.

"My girl...my little girl..." she cried.

"Momma!" Pinkie giggled, the room falling silent. Ataxia Pie felt tears sting her eyes as the girl reached for her grabbing hold of her pinkie

"My darling little girl...my little Pinkie Pie." she giggled, the girl gurgling and laughing with her mother.


"It sounds rather sweet. But I don't think I understand what truly happened." Rarity sighed.

"Maybe if'n ya'll would try an get some rest ya'll could think better." Applejack mumbled under her breath.

"Ever since my great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandma Eris decided to live a mortal life its always been a really big rule to never use any bad powers in our family. My momma broke that rule when I was born, or when I wasn't born."

"You were born through Chaos." Twilight realized. It explained everything. How Pinkie Pie could predict random events without a magical source, how she had fallen out of her window and simply appeared beside her, how she was so quick, had so much energy, and made no sense about anything at all. She was a creature of Chaos.

"I guess you could say that. But its kind of a weird way of putting things and makes it look like my mom hardly worked to get me here. I mean, GOSH, nine months carrying me around and then twenty hours of labor and the shock of finding out I was dead..." Pinkie petered off, hanging her head.

"I never woulda guessed Pinks...you're always so happy an cheerful. I thought you had the perfect life." Rainbow mumbled.

"I'm happy and cheerful because being sad doesn't help anyone. Smiles and laughter make people feel better and when people feel better I feel better." Pinkie replied. The group of friends put on their biggest smiles, entering a staring contest with the baker. Pinkie attempted to maintain a serious face, but the smiles were infectious and she found herself giggling.

"See?! Smiles are amazing!" she snorted, her smile faded just slightly though as she continued.

"My momma didn't realize what she'd done until the incident..."


Pinkie Pie had proven to be a rather energetic and rather random bundle of fun. Ataxia had to work doubly hard to keep her husband Clyde from suspecting something strange. It didn't help that her daughter had most definitely inherited her Chaotic powers, despite being one of the few Gaian's in her family line.

At times Pinkie would simply vanish from one room right before her eyes only to appear beside the cookie jar or in her room or on top of the roof.

She had never worked so hard in her life, but she didn't regret it for a second. Her only problems were keeping Clyde from spotting Pinkie during a Chaotic frenzy. Which she was in the middle of, Pinkie Pie on top of the roof and giggling as she walked across the tiles, hopping over them.

"Pinkie Pie! Come down from there!" Ataxia demanded, her daughter glancing over at her as she hopped to the next tile.

Though, as she wasn't paying attention, she slipped and missed the tile, tumbling down the roof in a mess of twisted limbs, banging her head hard against the gutter before toppling off the roof and hitting the ground hard.

Ataxia stared in shock, unable to believe what she had just seen. She marched towards her daughter on shaky legs, tears stinging her eyes as she neared the body.

"Oh gods please no...Pinkie Pie...pl-please don't..." she sank to her knees next to her daughter, screaming at the top of her lungs as she cried, hanging her head and refusing to accept the reality that her daughter was gone.

She blinked as a hand rested against her cheek. Raising her head slowly she found herself staring into the eyes of her daughter. Her face was bruised and her arm was sagging down off her shoulder. Her neck was definitely broken. But here she was, wiping away her mothers tears.

"Don't cry momma, please don't cry..." Pinkie sniffed. Ataxia pulled her into a gentle hug, Pinkie wincing as a few of her bones popped.

"Don't scare me like that..." Ataxia choked.

"I-I'm sorry momma...I-I was just playing..." she whimpered.

"I-Its okay Pinkie. Y-You just can't play like that, okay?" she smoothed out her daughters hair, trying to ignore the blood staining her pink curls.

"Lets get you cleaned up." Ataxia carefully lifted her daughter, glancing around as she marched into her home, quickly making her way to the kitchen, sitting Pinkie on the counter and grabbing a rag, folding it over itself and holding it out.

"Bite down on this sweety, this is gonna hurt a little." she warned. Pinkie nodded, biting down on the rag and screaming into it as her mother twisted and popped her arm back into place.

Next came her neck, held in place with a bit of magic, her mother gritting her teeth as she popped her head to the side, tears streaming down her cheeks as she worked furiously.

Bandages hovered in her magic, wrapping around wounds moments after they were cleaned. Pinkie glanced at herself, wincing as she touched the bandages on her head.

"Don't mess with those bandages. They need to stay in place." her mother scolded. Pinkie pouted and nodded, letting out an eep as her head slid to the side, her collar bone sticking out slightly. Ataxia gasped, pushing her head back into place and holding it there with some gauze tape and more bandages.

"I'm a mummy!" Pinkie giggled. Ataxia sighed, kissing her daughters forehead.

Gods...what have I done?


"I uh...got into a lot of accidents even after that. Everytime I'd just get back up and dust it off. Things didn't really get weird until high school." Pinkie sighed, scratching the back of her head.

"Thats when we found out about my powers"


"You totally gotta see this Pinkie. Its the most amazing thing ever!" her friend, Berry Blitz told her, leading her into an alleyway.

"I dunno Berry. I got a bad feeling about this." Pinkie mumbled, her left ear twitching and her elbow throbbing.

"Oh come on, are you gonna trust that Pinkie sense thing over your best friend?" Berry asked, crossing her arms.

"Well...I-I guess I trust you Berry...my Pinkie sense has never lied though."

"And since when have I lied to you?!" Berry grumbled.

"N-Never..." Pinkie stammered.

"Right! Now come on!" she grinned, grabbing her arm and pulling her into the alley. Pinkie chewed her lip, glancing back and forth.

"We really shouldn't be here Berry." Pinkie whined, eyes wide as boys from their school stepped out of their hiding places.

"Hi there girls." Dribble chuckled. He was a rather big guy and the top basketball player in the school.

"H-Hey, you said there were only gonna be two or three guys." Berry stammered.

"A few heard what was up and decided to tag along. It ain't really your problem though. We already danced remember?" he flashed a toothy grin, Berry glaring at him.

"You'll delete the pictures now right?" she asked.

"Yea yea. You brought us the untouchable girl and a deals a deal." he chuckled, grabbing Pinkie by the arm.

"Um, I'm not much of a dancer you know..." Pinkie chuckled nervously.

"Oh thats fine, we'll be doing most of the work." He whispered, nipping her ear. Pinkie's eyes widened as he hooked his arms around her. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Berry shaking her head and apologizing before vanishing past the crowd of boys.

"Berry? Berry?! BERRY?!" Pinkie cried out for her friend, scrambling out of Dribble's arms and running down the alleyway, eyes wide as some of the boys pulled out knives.

"Hey, you aren't goin' anywhere til we have some fun."

"Your kind of fun is mean and gross!" Pinkie fumed, shoving one of the boys. He grunted as he hit the wall, slashing out with the knife and slicing Pinkie's cheek as he fell. She froze, putting a hand against her cheek and touching the scar. She hung her head, staring at the blood on her hand.

Slowly her hair began to deflate, falling flat against her head. The boy stumbled to his feet, flipping the knife around in his hand before rushing at her. Pinkie stepped to the side, grabbing him by the wrist, her runes glowing dimly as she snapped it back, spinning and snatching his knife out of the air before spinning once more and burying the blade in his shoulder. She appeared beside another, growling and staring into his eyes

"What the fuck is she?!" the boy screamed lifting his knife. Pinkie snatched it out of his hands, roaring as she hefted it above her head. She paused as a boy rushed her from behind, burying his knife in her back. She slowly turned, giggling and marching towards him.

"She ain't human...sh-she's a demon! Run!" he screamed, the boys pausing as a gunshot rang out. Dribble held a small pistol, shaking and pointing it at Pinkie.

"Alright bitch, get on your knees." he demanded. Pinkie scoffed, marching towards him slowly.

"I'm not playin' around! I'll shoot damnit!" he yelled. Still Pinkie continued on, the first bullet zipping by and brushing against her cheek. The next buried itself into her leg, causing her to pause for a moment. The third shot however, landed directly in her forehead, dropping her to the ground.

"Oh shit man...you fucking killed her!" one boy panicked.

"L-Lets get outta here." Dribble panted, taking his gang and running as far away as they could from the scene. An hour later Pinkie's eyes opened, the girl groaning as her entire body suffered a massive shock of pain. She grit her teeth as she pushed to her hands and knees, the bullet falling out of her head and clattering against the ground.

She stumbled to her feet, wincing with each step as she made the long trek home. She gasped as lights flashed in front of her, grunting as her mother pulled her into a tight hug.

"My little girl, what happened to you?! You didn't come home and you didn't call, oh my goodness, is this a gunshot wound?! What were you doing?!" her mother demanded. Pinkie sniffed and buried her face against her mother, crying her heart out. Nearby, an officer waited patiently to take a statement.

"M-my friend...at least I thought she was my friend...brought me to an alleyway for something cool a-and then this guy Dribble...him and his friends tried to...tried to...and I tried to protect myself, b-but then he pulled out a gun and..." she broke into sobs, unable to recount the horrors of what she had done and what had been done to her.

"Thats alright miss. We'll have an ambulance here soon to take you to the hospital and get you home an safe. We'll take care of the rest. Be safe, alright?"

"Thank you Officer." Ataxia smiled, wrapping a blanket around Pinkie's shoulders.

"Mom...t-there was something else too. I-I snapped a-and I stabbed one of them...a-and the gunshot...h-hit me here..." she tapped her forehead, her mother staring in shock at the blood smear. She had thought someone had hit her, but a bullet...

"Mom...w-what am I? Am I a monster?" she choked, tears streaming down her cheeks. Ataxia hugged her close.

"No, not at all Pinkie. You are the sweetest most loveable bundle of laughter and joy I have ever known. You are not a monster and you never will be. You were only trying to protect yourself." her mother assured her in a soft voice.

"But the bullet..."

"Pinkie. I promise...you're not a monster...Lets get you cleaned up and taken care of and I'll explain everything."


"When we got home...she told me about our history and about my birth. When she saved me, there was a lotta anger an frustration in her spell and some of that became a part of me. Whenever...I'm close to the edge, I kinda...snap...and go crazy Pinkie until I pass out." Pinkie sighed.

"Heh, man...I bet they were surprised to see you after that." Rainbow laughed. Pinkie wore a sad smile.

"Yea...they started telling the cops I was dead when they left me, didn't help their case at all, but people started looking at me a lot differently. So we had to move. My mom went back to the rock farm my papa owns and she sent me here to live with Auntie Cake who gave me a job and made sure I never had any episodes until now." Pinkie sighed.

"My brain hurts..." Twilight mumbled.

"Sooo...what? You can't die?" Rainbow asked. "Thats kinda pretty damn cool." she pointed out.

"You don't think I'm a monster?"

"Pfft, why would I? Pinks, you throw the most epic parties ever, bake the best sweets, tell the best jokes, and you're a super zombie."

"Not really a zombie. I'm alive, kind of..." she mumbled.

"Yea yea whatever. Pinks, you're our friend. Right girls?" Rainbow asked, her friends nodding and smiling at their pink haired friend.

"We accepted Rarity bein' a vampire, why would we up an hate ya fer bein who ya are? Ya'll didn't even have no choice in th' matter." Applejack argued. Pinkie sniffed, tears stinging her eyes.

"You girls...are the best friends...a girl could ask for..." she shook, burying her face in her hands.

"Yea, we're pretty awesome." Rainbow grinned, the room filling with laughter. The room fell silent however when the door opened, revealing Princess Celestia.

"Princess, how long..."

"I heard everything." she said softly. Pinkie Pie gulping as Celestia turned to her.

"Pinkie Pie...are you alright?" Celestia asked softly. The Gaian blinked, staring at the Princess.

"h-huh? You aren't...gonna arrest me? Or throw me in a dungeon? or do weird experiments?" Pinkie rambled.

"No. I've known for some time about your history. I am ashamed to admit it, but I had been avoiding this meeting for quite some time and had I stepped forward sooner you may not have had such a terrible experience..." she sighed as she took a seat, a pair of guards standing at the doorway, though Spike marched in, glancing around at them.

"Spike, you couldn't have stopped this." Twilight interrupted him before he could scold himself. He opened his mouth to argue, Celestia grabbing his arm and shaking her head. The dragon sighed, taking a seat next to the Princess.

"As you are already aware, there is an Anti-Magian Riot Control Sphere active in the Everfree. It was stolen from the Celamont Armory last night and we currently have no idea who took it. Being that they targeted this place instead of simply activating it in Celamont, it must be the work of the Chaotician." Celestia hung her head for a moment.

"Pinkie Pie. I know it goes against everything your family stands for, but I need you to attempt to locate the Chaotician."

"Hey! Hold up!" Rainbow yelled, wincing as she straightened her back, glaring at Celestia.

"You march in here, knowing damn well Pinkie was some chaos zombie thing and who knows what else, and still wanna boss us around? What else are you hiding huh? I think its about damn time we put an end to all this cryptic bullshit!" She yelled

"Rainbow! Princess, I am so sorry. She's just..." Twilight froze as Celestia held up her hand.

"You're right Rainbow Dash. This matter revolves around all of you and it isn't fair for me to keep you in the dark. I've already seen the consequences of doing so." she wore a sad smile as she looked between the Element bearers before her.

"I will reveal all that I know, but I ask you all not to think any differently of me." Celestia snapped her fingers, the two guards at the door entering and pulling the door closed behind them. Celestia's eyes glowed for a moment, a sigil appearing on the door and spread across the room.

"You may show yourselves." Celestia ordered the two guards. They glanced at one another before resting a hand over their hearts, the armor vanishing and forming a sunburst mark. Before them stood Spitfire and Cheerilee, the schoolteacher shaking her head.

"So much for secrecy." Cheerilee sighed.

"Mom?!" Rainbow gasped.

"Hi Rainbow..." Spitfire mumbled. Rainbow hung her head, gripping her blanket.

"I told you she would be angry." Cheerilee mumbled. Rarity stared for a moment, her thoughts still a bit bogged down after experiencing the full effects of the Sphere.

"Aren't you...Sweetie Belle's teacher?" Rarity asked slowly.

"Yes, I am. To tell the truth I actually enjoy my teaching job, and as a bonus I can make sure your freak sister doesn't hurt anyone."

"Hey now! That ain't no way t' talk about anyone!" Applejack growled. Cheerilee crossed her arms, turning her attention to Applejack.

"Old habits are harder to kill than your Chaotician friend over there. Or your vampire girlfriend. I swear, it seems every Gaian I know is rolling around in the sheets with..."

"Cheerilee you promised you wouldn't do this." Spike growled. The Gaian fell silent. The dragon cleared his throat and took a look around the room.

"I know you want answers, and we'll give them to you. But we've got a bigger problem on our hands right now. Right now this room is sealed off from any prying eyes and ears, so we can speak freely." Spike explained.

"First and foremost. The Chaotician has managed to place spies in several high security areas. We gathered as much information as we could from Trixie, but the Chaotician has to be watching her somehow. There are times when she simply refuses to respond to anyone." he sighed.

"We also suspect...that I might have become one of his Spies, as well as Fluttershy." Spike hung his head, gripping the arms of his chair.

"Spike, ya'll would never betray us an Shy sure as sugar ain't no spy!" Applejack argued.

"While there is much we don't know about you Spike, I highly doubt you are a spy or that you would even openly admit it." Rarity tossed in.

"Its not a matter of choice. During our battle he buried traces of chaos in the Library. Vinyl was able to get rid of it, but there was still a heavy trace hidden in my scales. We suspect he is using that chaos as a conduit to spy on whoever I am near. Hopefully he isn't aware that we've discovered this. We can use it to feed him false information."

"You keep talking like you know the guy." Rainbow scoffed. When silence answered her joke she simply stared.

"You know who it is don't you?" Rainbow asked.

"The living Chaotician we are aware of, not including Pinkie's family line...is The God of Chaos himself. Discord. Once upon a time, he was my consort." Celestia answered.

"Wh-what? Y-You were actually..." Twilight stammered.

"He was a better man back then Twilight. He and I managed the balance between Harmony and Chaos, keeping the world in check. I am not ashamed to admit that I loved him dearly and my heart is still bound to him. But he has caused too much pain and we must stop him."

"Okay, I think I'm putting the pieces together...ugh, if only this headache would go away" Rarity sighed. Applejack folded up her sleeve and held out her arm, Rarity blushing deeply.

"Applejack I..."

"Shut it, bite it, quit yer whinin'." Applejack silenced her. Cheerilee clenched her fists, calming down as Spike glared at her. Rarity glanced around at her friends, chewing her lip.

"E-Everyone is watching..." Rarity whispered.

"It's jus' a lil bite Rarity, ain't like its some romantic thing." Applejack chuckled, her laughter fading as Rarity looked away.

"Oh...uh..."

"Shoulda told her everything Rare-bear." Vinyl chuckled, fading into the room through one of the sigils. Cheerilee drew a pair of pistols, sighing as she glared at Vinyl.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO DO THAT!?" the teacher yelled.

"I've seen you slap a mountain troll and stare down a shade...and you get freaked out by me walking through walls? Seriously?" Vinyl sighed.

"I thought this room was sealed off. How can she..." Twilight began

"Bit of my essence in the spell, a small contract with the Princess and these babies turn into my personal doors." Vinyl grinned.

"Oh, Rares, Belle is outside worried about you. And theres that Scooter kid out there too."

"What?! Oh gods, we can't afford to have her panicking!" Rarity panicked.

"Rarity! Chill. I told her you're totally fine. She just wants to see you is all." Vinyl chuckled. Rarity sighed, hanging her head. Rainbow tossed her blanket aside, wincing as she slid out of bed.

"Rainbow, where are you going?" Twilight demanded.

"To let my kid know I'm okay." Rainbow answered, blinking as Spitfire stood before her.

"Dash, do you really want her to see you like this? Beaten and bruised and coming back from near death? You almost flooded the house with tears when I did that to you." Spitfire scolded her.

"Yea, but mo.."

"Don't 'but mom" me. Get back in bed. Right now!" Spitfire ordered. Rainbow gulped, sitting back down and pulling the blanket up to her nose.

"Wow...I'm impressed." Cheerilee mumbled.

"Military upbringing helps a little. I didn't get mad often, but when I did..." she chuckled, taking a seat next to Twilight.

"Um, its...an honor to meet you." Twilight said with a strained smile.

"Twilight Sparkle. Prized pupil of Princess Celestia, descendant of Star Swirl the Wise, Element of Magic and current girlfriend of my daughter. The honor is mine." she smiled.

"Moooom!" Rainbow whined.

"Shush, be happy I don't have any pictures of you with tank." she teased, Rainbow blushing deeply.

"So...how long have you and Spike..."

"Only these last few years. Before that I was just head of the Wonderbolts. I still am, but its more in title than action these days. The Knights take up all of my time lately." Spitfire sighed, resting a hand on Rainbows leg.

"I've been thinking of passing the torch like the last Skyborn Knight did. But theres only one person who could take that torch from me..." she looked Rainbow in the eye.

"And I refuse to let her do it. After everything thats happened, it wouldn't be fair. Besides, she's an Element of Harmony, thats more important than some silly secret Knight business."

"Mom...I..."

"So tell me about this girl of yours." Spitfire interrupted. Rainbow gripped the blanket, tears stinging her eyes.

"She's just like me...I look at her and I see me, before you found me...before I had a future..." Rainbow shook as a sob built in her throat.

"But she lost everything so quickly...her parents LOVED her so much and held on like my pops did. She ended up all alone a-and she's got the same thing, that same stupid disease!" Rainbow punched the mattress, trying to collect herself.

"I heard as much...but tell me about her Rainbow. About why you took her in." Spitfire smiled. Rainbow glanced at her, unsure of what she wanted. With a shuddering breath she closed her eyes and thought about her daughter.

"Well...she's pretty amazing on that scooter of hers. She beat me in a race ya know...she bet me that if she won, I'd adopt her, and if I won, she'd tell me about her parents. It was pretty close but she did this thing with her wings to make her scooter go faster." Rainbow chuckled, Spitfire grabbing her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"She's just got so much ahead of her, she could do awesome things...but...if she...if she..." Rainbow shook, refusing to think of such things. Twilight leaned over the edge of the bed, causing the Skyborn to blink as she kissed her cheek.

"She won't Rainbow. I promised, remember?" Twilight smiled.

"Speaking of which Twilight. How goes your research?" Celestia asked knowingly. Twilight froze, chuckling nervously.

"Um, well, you see...Conventional methods only increase the decay effect..."

"I've read the notes Twilight. Many, many times. I tried very hard to understand Nightgale. She was one of the brightest and best and her need for a cure drove her into darkness. I don't want to see the same happen to you." Celestia spoke softly, but there was a hint of worry in her voice.

"Tch, Twilights nothin' like her. You know what she did? My mother spent every day cutting off my feathers for her damned science. Twilight ASKED me if she could have a sample and let me get it. And then? She chucks away ten years because I asked for her help." Rainbow sniffed, forcing back her tears.

"Thats a debt I'm gonna spend the rest of my life repaying and as long as I'm around I refuse to ever let Twilight fall into any kind of darkness!" Rainbow swore. Celestia chuckled softly.

"She is definitely your daughter Spitfire." she commented.

"She was like this when we met. I just gave her a home." the Skyborn shrugged.

"This is all touchy an wonderful an all, but ain't we still missin somethin'?" Applejack asked.

"Your right. Fluttershy. She's walking with Applebloom to get here. I asked her to get her because I needed some spare time." Spike explained nodding to Vinyl.

"I've got a knack for sensing chaos and its levels of power. Your little friend with the animals? She's God-tier, its scary, like hella scary." Vinyl added.

"She goes into the Everfree to tend to animals all the time and her shack is right outside of it. Of course she'd be..." Rarity tried to argue

"Covered in the stuff? Yea, thats what we thought at first too. But have you noticed how she is never really around during these little attacks on all of you?" Cheerilee asked.

"The Storm mason attacked and Fluttershy just happens to show up after all of you have tried your hands at fighting it." Spitfire added.

"Then Sweetie Belle's instincts suddenly kick in? Not likely. I've seen that trick before. That bastard Scythe did the same thing to you to get me out in the open all those years ago. Give a growing vamp a drop of fresh blood and it'll drive em nuts. Someone wanted you to fight that day Rarity." Vinyl growled.

"But it goes further back than that. Applejacks mystery attacker? No trace of his body was found. We know he was pounded to a pulp by the head of the Apple family, but there should have been pulp left over. Instead investigators just found one very destroyed tree and signs of struggle." Cheerilee sighed.

"W-what th' heck are ya sayin'?" Applejack demanded.

"Applejack...your attacker was the Chaotician. Discord wanted you to have a child. It's how he has been watching you." Spike explained. Applejack's eyes widened, her breath catching in her throat.

"N-No! T-that can't be true! Applebloom's perfectly normal! S-She ain't no devil spawn!" Applejack cried, Rarity grabbed her arm, getting her attention and staring deeply into her eyes.

"That isn't what he said Applejack. Applebloom is your little girl and she is a wonderful sweet girl. She is certainly not any 'devil spawn'. Just look at Pinkie! She's the nicest person around and this has been a part of her family for generations!" Rarity argued.

"Thats...another matter...Pinkie's great grandmother Eris is also one of Discords children."

"My grandpa is the meanie attacking us?!" Pinkie gasped, tears in her eyes.

"I suppose he is..." Celestia sighed. Applejack was still a bit shaken up, Rarity holding her and whispering soothing words. The fashionista gently kissed her friends forehead, glancing over at Celestia.

"You seem to still have something to say." she pointed out.

"Yes, I do. The Chaotician has had a place in each of your lives, trying to mold you to fit his plans. He provided Nightgale with a means of saving her family, assaulted Applejack, funded a gang of vampires to bring about Rarity's potential to only later use Sweetie Belle to further Rarity's strength. He fathered the line that led to Pinkie Pie being here today and if my assumptions are correct...Fluttershy is his daughter." Celestia let her words sink in, glancing around the room.

"Wait...what about me? You said he affected all of our lives..."

"Except for yours Twilight...he could never get close to you until recently." Celestia spoke quietly, hanging her head.

"W-what do you mean?"

"She means, that we've been protecting you since before you were born Twilight." a voice echoed in the room. From behind a nearby curtain, Twilight Velvet revealed herself, dressed in a long-flowing white cloak, a sunburst emblem sitting on each shoulder.

Twilight recognized those robes, she had been told only the Arch mage ever wore them. It was at this point that Twilight fainted. Velvet sighed, shaking her head.

"I told you this would happen Princess." Velvet mumbled.

"I didn't doubt you, but the truth needed to be told." Celestia mumbled back.

"Well...any other mindfucks for us today?" Rainbow asked.

"Like, how do you know Shy is bad? or that my grandpa is her dad? Does this make us Cousins?! Do I have any other family members I don't know about?!" Pinkie gasped. Celestia sighed, raising her hand. Silence filled the room as everyone stared at her.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I'm Royalty?! Oh my gosh! This is the best day, EVER!' Pinkie giggled, hopping around the room.

"That...explains so much..." Rarity mumbled.

"As I said...Discord was my consort and Eris my daughter. She didn't share her fathers love of Chaos and pranks, not as much as him anyway. She went out into the world to find herself and the Pie family line was started. I kept my eye on her after..." Celestia paused, hanging her head.

"I apologize...some memories are too painful to remember." she murmured, pushing to her feet.

"If you have questions...have Spike send me a letter." she said softly. Velvet spoke a single word, vanishing and taking Celestia and Vinyl with her, the sigils vanishing.

"That was...interesting..." Rainbow mumbled, watching as Pinkie continued to bounce around excitedly.

"Well at least she's better." she chuckled, looking down at Twilight.

"MOM!" Scootaloo yelled as the door swung open. She raced to Rainbow's bed, jumping into her lap and hugging her tightly.

"OW! Sheesh kid, do ya gotta squeeze so hard?" Rainbow groaned.

"S-sorry...t-they said you were lost in the forest a-and that you almost died a-and I..." Scootaloo's rambling stopped as Rainbow put a finger against her lips.

"Kid, I'm right here, right?" Rainbow asked, Scootaloo nodding.

"Then none of that other junk matters. All thats important is that we're alive an awesome." Rainbow grinned, wiping away one of Scootaloo's tears.

"Hey squirt, wanna meet someone even more awesome than I am?" Rainbow asked. Scootaloo blinked, tilting her head to the side.

"Yea right, there isn't anyone like that. I mean, maybe the Wonderbolts." Scootaloo shrugged. Rainbow pointed over Scootaloo's shoulder, the young Skyborn turned her head, eyes wide as Spitfire waved to her.

"Oh my gosh! Are you...is that..." Scootaloo squeaked as Spitfire smiled.

"So, you're my Granddaughter? Dang, I really am getting old." Spitfire chuckled.

"...what?"

"Squirt, this is my mom." Rainbow grinned. Scootaloo stared for a moment before fainting.

"...Do all the girls faint around you?" Spitfire asked.

"Can't help bein' awesome." Rainbow shrugged. On the other side of the room, Sweetie Belle stood at the side of her sisters bed, wearing a worried expression as she looked between a distraught Applejack and a bandaged Rarity.

"Rarity..a-are you okay?" Sweetie Belle finally spoke up. Rarity offered a smile.

"Oh, me? Why yes, I'm fine Sweetie Belle. Just a bad bump and a minor magical headache. I'll be back to myself in no time. Would you mind bringing Applebloom in when she gets here? Applejack really needs to see her..." Rarity looked down at her friend, cradled in her arms.

Spike shared a glance with Rarity, though he stayed silent. He shrouded his thoughts on matters of state, things he normally focused on. For all he knew, all that Chaos in his system could be feeding his very thoughts to Discord.

He had known there was some powerful Chaotician out there...but not the God of Chaos himself. It was a sobering thought, realizing how close he really had come to death.

"Oh um...S-sure Rarity." Sweetie Belle mumbled, running back out into the hall to wait for her friend. Twilight slowly came to, mumbling and putting a hand against her head.

"Rainbow? Scootaloo? Ugh, I had the weirdest dream..."

"Really? What was it about?" Spitfire asked innocently. Twilight jumped in surprise, staring at the wonderbolt.

"Um..."

"Don't faint again. We need you awake." Spitfire chuckled.

"huh? Oh right, the..." Twilight blinked as Spitfire's hand covered her mouth.

"Shush. Eyes and ears are everywhere. Sit with your family, be happy." Spitfire ordered under her breath. Twilight blinked, looking over at Rainbow holding Scootaloo.

My...Family? But, me and Rainbow are only dating...I didn't adopt Scootaloo. She did. I mean, I care about her...but does that make us a family? Twilight wondered.

"Um, i-is everyone okay?" Fluttershy asked from the doorway. Applebloom looked around her into the room, spotting Applejack held in Rarity's arms. She sighed in relief as she entered the room.

"Ya'll had all o' us worried when ya jus' up an vanished outta th' house. Granny dang near had a heart attack when we couldn't find ya an Big Macintosh almost started up a search party. At least until he smelled sweets in the air." Applebloom giggled, pointing to the still bouncing Pinkie Pie. Applejack was silent however. Just staring at her daughter.

She looks so normal...acts so normal...she ain't never done anything weird. So it can't be true...right? she thought to herself.

"Applejack? A-Are ya okay?" Applebloom asked worriedly, only answered by the same blank stare.

"Momma...are ya okay?" Applebloom asked, tears stinging her eyes. Applejack slowly came to her senses as her daughter cried for her. She sat up and held out her arms.

"A-Ah'm jus' fine Applebloom. Ah jus' had a big ol' fight that took a lot outta me is all. So don'tcha go worryin none 'bout me, ya hear?" she sniffed. Applebloom sniffed back her tears, leaping into her mothers arms. Fluttershy sighed in relief, seeing all of her friends in one piece

"Fluttershy! You'll never guess...!" Pinkie grunted as a layer of magic slapped the back of her head, another covering her mouth.

"You'll have to forgive Pinkie, she's been ranting about these new treats she came up with all day and its become rather annoying. She should know better than to tell everyone after what we just talked about." Rarity glared at Pinkie who simply stared for a moment before realization sat in, the baker pouting and crossing her arms.

"Awww...I guess no party then..." she mumbled.

"How about a "We're still alive" party?" Rainbow asked. Pinkie stared at the wall for a moment before leaping for joy.

"That's a great idea! I'll go get started!" she giggled, zipping out of the room and down the hall. The room fell silent, all eyes on Fluttershy, at least until Spike cleared his throat.

"You okay Shy? It must have been tough having to leave Rarity like that..." Spike said in his most sincere voice. Fluttershy hung her head, gripping her skirt.

"I-I'm okay. I'm just so happy no one was terribly hurt" she hiccuped, quickly smearing away the tears that threatened to build up.

"Well, my head hurts beyond anything I can even describe, and Rainbow suffered a crash and tumble at several miles per hour, and Pinkie Pie...well, she's fine." Rarity chuckled.

"But yes, no one was terribly hurt. But that still begs the question as to what exactly happened?" Rarity pointed out.

"One o' those cloaked bastards said somethin' 'bout not killin' us. Like they need us or somethin'." Applejack sighed

"K-Killin'?! Ah thought ya'll said..."

"Ah know what ah said Applebloom. It ain't nothin t' worry 'bout. Ah promise. Why don't ya'll go and play with Sweetie Belle for a bit while we finish up talkin'?" Applejack forced a smile. Applebloom pouted for a moment before joining her friend outside the room.

"Did anyone get a good look at these guys?" Spike asked.

"Not really. All ah managed t' notice was one of em was a Gaian. Punched a big ol' hole in th' ground durin' th' fightin. Th' other was some weird woman with a Scythe." Applejack explained. Spike stiffened for a moment, his hands on his knees.

"A scythe? Did the guy have a sword?"

"Yea, how'd ya know?"

"Call it a hunch." Spike answered, rushing past Fluttershy and down the hall.

"Anyone else getting tired of that?" Rainbow asked, the entire room nodding agreement.

"You wouldn't happen to know what Spike is hiding from us, would you Miss Spitfire?" Rarity asked.

"Well, I'm not completely sure about this, but, before me there were others on his team. Some were tough enough to stick with it, others...not so much..."

"Hold on a minute, are ya'll sayin' those people who attacked us use t' be Knights?" Applejack asked.

"They might have been, but they sure aren't now. I've only heard him talk about them once or twice. They've been a high priority target for years now. It doesn't make sense for them to just come out into the open like this...unless they are after something thats worth the risk." Spitfire sighed, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms. The room was silent for a long while, Spitfire eventually turning to Cheerilee.

"He's gonna need backup and seeing as you aren't on good terms with certain members of this group, I think it'd be best if I stay here." she flashed a small grin at the Gaian.

"...Alright then...Enjoy babysitting." Cheerilee rolled her eyes as she left, having to force a smile as she passed the two girls playing tag in the hall.

"I rather miss the way things used to be..." Rarity sighed.

"I think we all do Rarity." Twilight agreed.

"I don't. My life was boring as Tartarus before all of this." Rainbow chuckled, looking down at Scootaloo.

"If I had the chance to do it all again, I'd just end up right back here." she sighed.

"Thats so sweet." a man spoke as he stepped into the room. Rainbow and Fluttershy stared with wide eyes at the man.

"Doc?" Rainbow gasped.

"Daddy?! What are you doing here?!" Fluttershy panicked.

"Now now my dear, no reason to fret. I'm here on business you know!" Dr Accord chuckled, tucking his hands into the pockets of his labcoat.

"Hm...everyone all present and accounted for? No? Where's the pink one?" he asked, glancing around.

"You mean Pinkie Pie? She's putting a party together. Wait, how do you know about Pinkie?" Rainbow asked. Dr Accord sighed, leaning back on his heels.

"I'm afraid I haven't been entirely honest with you my dear. I really am a madman." he chuckled, snapping his fingers.


Pinkie Pie froze as a chill ran up her spine and all the warmth left her body.

"Oh no..."

Author's Note:

AN EDIT
Nevermind, chapter was longer than I thought it was

PreviousChapters Next