• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 9,584 Views, 504 Comments

Discovering Friendship - Saro0fdemonz



Twilight Sparkle, aspiring student of Princess Celestia has been tasked with the most difficult challenge a Magian must face. Making friends. Along the way she will discover what it means to truly be a friend and uncover a power unlike any other.

  • ...
38
 504
 9,584

PreviousChapters Next
Episode Eight:Time flies when magic is involved

"ZZZZzzz, Oh, hello Webster...hee hee, why yes, I'd love to touch your spine..." Twilight mumbled in her sleep. Spike sighed, poking her from a distance with a broom.

"GAH! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to drool on you!" she cried out in shock as she sat up. Spike raised an eyebrow, managing to hold back the laughter that welled up in him at the blush on his caretakers face.

"Sleep well?" he asked, unable to hide just a tidbit of mirth.

"I was trying to stay awake. This is a very important mixture" Twilight yawned and stretched, sighing as her bones gave a light pop into their rightful positions.

"Sleeps important Twi', you always tell me that ya know." Spike grinned. Twilight huffed, looking at her notes and checking her mixture. She had carefully left out the details of the mixture as it contained her magical essence as well as a few years off of her life. She carefully shoved the copy of Undead and you: a guidebook for beginner necromancers under her papers out of view.

Spike would throw a fit if he found out he had given her an idea on how to perform the spell to cure Scootaloo. Especially one so drastic. Now she just needed to test her concoction. If her theory was right, based off of Nightgales' notes, Scootaloo would show almost immediate signs of recovery upon digesting the potion. It would be a simple test run to help Twilight collect data and figure out the amount needed to form a permanent cure.

She would have to eventually reveal the truth though. Celestia had ordered her to keep her updated on her progress. THAT was a conversation she was not looking forward to. Necromancy fell under the category of Chaotic Magics, despite not using Chaos in quite a number of its tomes. In fact, Twilight had been rather surprised by how easy it was to transfer life force from one being to another.

She pushed to her feet, gasping as her legs gave out from under her, quickly catching herself in her magic before she hit the ground. The Magian sighed in relief, gently letting herself down and staring at the ceiling for a moment.

"This is gonna be harder than I thought..."


"Alright, here it is!" Applebloom cheered, presenting the run down remains of an old treehouse.

"Uh...what is it?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Its my si...uh...moms ol' clubhouse. We jus' gotta fix it up an we can make it our own little place!" Applebloom said excitedly.

"Like a secret hangout, or our own Headquarters!" Scootaloo gasped.

"Exactly! I was hopin' ya'll could help me out with it...I mean, if'n ya want t'..." Applebloom mumbled. Scootaloo grinned, twirling a hammer between her fingers.

"Lets get to it!" the young daredevil cheered, the three friends sharing a high five before starting on their new clubhouse.

"Kid seems to be doing okay. I'll keep an eye on them." the guard said through her com

"Good, don't get lost in that forest." vinyl replied, doing her best to blend in town, which was a bit difficult when you were known as a DJ Sensation halfway across the globe. She sighed, sitting at a diner and running her tongue over her fangs. It had been a few days since she had a drink and she was starting to feel the withdrawal digging into the back of her mind.

It was nothing new, she had gone months dry before. Spike had nearly torn her head off when he had found out, but she had been fine. For the most part anyway. No doubt he was keeping track of the days.

She liked the little guy, but his position made him kind of a dick at times. She sighed again, adjusting her shades and tossing some bits on her table before leaving to make her rounds. She raised an eyebrow, watching a cart roll into town of its own accord.

"Well, that's not normal." Vinyl mumbled. She couldn't outright investigate it, not in the open like this. She'd have to hang back in the gathering crowd. A cloud of smoke appeared around the cart as it unfolded into a stage, a woman appearing from the smoke, cape flowing in a nonexistent wind and fireworks launching into the air.

Oh great, a sideshow. I don't have time for this crud. Vinyl thought to herself, at least until she saw a slight flicker of dark energy fly from the magicians' hands to light several fireworks. That got her attention.

That was definitely Chaos she just used. What the heck is a third rate magician doing using Chaos? she wondered, melding into the crowd.

"Citizens of Eravil! Watch and be amazed by the fantastic feats of the Great and Powerful Trixie!" the woman introduced herself, throwing up her arms, chaos seeping from her fingertips and down across the stage, setting of smoke bombs.

Sure, these were all harmless tricks, but anyone who could hide a chaos signature was someone that instantly jumped on her radar. Vinyl scratched the side of her neck, speaking into her wristband

"Spike, we got a problem."


"Spike, we got a problem. Theres this chick in the middle of town. I didn't even sense her magical trail, she's using Chaos to pull of a bunch of magic tricks. Should we take her out?" Vinyl spoke in Spikes ear.

The dragon-kin peeked over his shoulder, seeing Twilight trudge through their home.

"No. You'd give yourself away and cause a panic. We need to handle this quietly. Just keep an eye on her for now."

"Alright, if you say so boss...oh crap. BZZZZT"

"Vinyl? Vinyl? Answer me!" Spike gripped the broom he held, rushing past Twilight.

"Hey Twi'! Gotta-go-check-on-something!-Be-back-in-a-little-bit!" Spike said quickly, dashing out of the library at near full tilt panic. Had Vinyl been found? Why was the com dead? What the heck made her pause? He skid to a stop, finding a woman standing atop a stage, forced to shield his eyes at the sheer amount of Chaos emanating from her.

The crowd in front of her was mesmerized by the show she put on, quite literally to the point that several were drooling. Spitfire tackled him, slapping a pair of shades over his eyes before rolling off of him. He rolled onto his feet and nodded to her, the two watching as the woman continued her spell.

"She snatched Vinyl before I could react. She's fighting it though. Hopefully she'll break out soon. Until then, what do we do? Anyone who latches eyes on her is gonna get sucked into whatever she's brewing." Spitfire reported.

"We go in hot and get out before we're seen."

"Stealth Knight style?" Spitfire grinned. Spike rolled his eyes.

"A guy buys a comic one time and never hears the end of it." he grumbled, both of them resting a hand over their heart, their Celestial Armor appearing around them. The woman smiled, looking at them over her shoulder.

"I think we're busted." Spitfire mumbled. The two gasped, rolling out of the way as an arch of chaotic energy flew towards them. Spitfire drew a pair of pistols, letting bullets fly, only to have them ping off a chaos barrier.

"Shit. I can't get a shot in." Spitfire rolled out of the way of another attack, taking to the air and vanishing in the clouds. Spike nodded.

"I've got it. Don't waste anymore ammo. You're only gonna get one shot at this." Spike ordered, dashing the distance between himself and the stage, flipping onto it in front of the Magian.

"Well well, Trixie takes it that you are the little soldier master gave the BBQ treatment to. Whats it like when a dragon burns?" Trixie taunted, humming softly as he drew near.

"Oh, Trixie wouldn't do that if she were you." Trixie smiled, humming a bit louder. Spike shook his head, his vision blurry.

"She's pouring chaos into her voice!" Spike shouted into the com, gasping as he sank to his knees, covering his ears against the sound of her humming. His armor faded slowly, his eyes growing dull. Trixie smiled, lifting the shades from his eyes and tossing them aside.

"Much better. Now then, go join the others." Trixie ordered, Spike fighting against the urge to obey. Trixie sighed, placing her hand on his shoulder and leaning down towards him.

"Hey! Keep your hands off my buddy!" Rainbow said, tackling Trixie off her stage. The crowd slowly started to come to their senses, Spike making himself scarce and vanishing into the crowd. Vinyl groaned, putting a hand against her head. She blinked, finding Spike beside her.

"Earplugs in, shades on. She's using Chaos illusions." Spike ordered. Vinyl nodded, slipping her headphones on and cranking up the volume, shifting her shades back onto her face and watching as Rainbow rolled off of the Witch that had ensnared the crowd moments ago.

"Well, is this a challenge? Very well peasant. Show Trixie what you've got!" she challenged. Rainbow fanned out her wings, roaring as she rushed forward, their eyes meeting and her wings locking in place.

Trixie wrapped her in a simple binding spell and chucked her across the stage, taking her place back in its center. Rainbow groaned, struggling against the bonds that held her and blinking as Applejack helped her to her feet.

"Ya'll alright partner?" Applejack asked. Rainbow grit her teeth, eyes glowing for a moment as she shattered the spell holding her.

"Yea, I'm fine. Theres somethin weird about that chick. She had Spike all googly eyed and tossed me around like it was nothing. I hate to say it but I don't think I can take her." Rainbow admitted.

"Lemme try." Applejack grabbed her lasso, catching Trixie's wrist.

"Whoa there partner! No one tosses RD 'round but me." Applejack chuckled. Trixie raised an eyebrow, the two of them latching eyes in a staring contest. Applejack gasped as Trixie pulled on the rope, using her magic to twirl it around the Gaian and shove her onto her back. Rainbow grabbed hold of the rope, struggling to untie her friend.

"Hmph, this is obviously a test of magical ability. Stand back girls." Rarity crossed her arms, her magic swarming around her and her eyes glowing. Trixie scoffed, flinging an arch of chaos at the Magian, rather surprised when Rarity knocked it away. Trixie tossed down a smoke bomb, appearing in front of Rarity and staring deep into her eyes. Rarity felt her knees buckle, falling to the ground with tears in her eyes.

"The heck did you do to her?!" Rainbow demanded.

"Trixie doesn't know what you're talking about." Trixie said, playing innocent. She returned to the stage, resuming her spell and ensnaring her audience.

"This is bad, we can't risk blowing cover." Vinyl said softly, clenching her fist.

"Yea, and she's got a barrier protecting her from Witches bane. She has to be working for the Chaotician." Spike growled.

"What do we do?" Spitfire asked from the safety of her cloud.

"We play along for as long as possible until we find an opening."

"HEY!" a voice called out. Trixie spun and grunted as a spell smashed into her barrier. Twilight panting slightly and holding out her arm, smoke drifting from her hand.

"Well, the little Librarian shows her face." Trixie grinned, letting down her enchantment

"Very well Sparkle. You want to dance with the Great and Powerful Trixie?! So be it. But know this, anything you can do, I can do better."


Twilight sighed to herself, her body aching and begging her to rest. Her experiment had taken more out of her than she thought it would. She peeked out of her window, blinking as she watched Spike and one of his guards skid across the ground. What in Celestia's name was going on? She stepped outside, watching the battle unfold and chewing her lip.

These people were suppose to be the best of the best. Whatever they were fighting must have been tough if two of them couldn't take it down. Her eyes widened as she saw her friends join the battle, one after the other falling to the Magians' powers. It was then that Twilight noticed it. The dark energy encircling the woman and filling her eyes and swirling around her throat.

"She's hexxing them through eye contact...but theres more than that. Her voice too?" Twilight realized. She dug into her pocket, pulling out a pair of ear plugs in a small case labeled Snoring Spike Emergency kit, popping them into her ears and letting out a slow breath. She winced as she called to her magic, feeling less than spectacular after sacrificing a few years of her life for science and Scootaloo. And Rainbow a voice in her head added. She threw out her arm, begging the Mana to help her as she flung a full powered counter spell to smash the barrier.

"HEY!" Twilight yelled, watching her spell smash into the barrier. She gulped as the woman turned around

"Well, the little Librarian shows her face." she wore a menacing grin, waving her hand towards the crowd who seemed to come to their senses.

"Very well Sparkle. You want to dance with the Great and Powerful Trixie?! So be it. But know this, anything you can do, I can do better." Trixie flourished her cape as she stepped down from the stage and into the clearing, staring down her opponent. Twilight fueled her magic, pulling her reading glasses from her shirt pocket and slipping them on. She took a slow breath and began to chant softly, grunting as threads of chaos wrapped around her arms and legs.

"Come now Sparkle, did you think you'd have time to chant some powerful ancient spell? Please, only novices think to hit with their heaviest spell first." Trixie taunted.

"Ranmir nova Caex!" Twilight whispered harshly, a bolt of raw mana flying down the threads holding her and sending a shock-wave up Trixie's spine, the chaos fueled Magian crying out in pain and stumbling backwards.

"You want to play dirty?! Trixie can play dirty!" Trixie roared, pulling the surrounding chaos into herself, a long pure black staff forming in her hands. She spun the weapon about and around, thwacking herself in the head.

"T-Trixie meant to do that!" she argued to no one in particular. Were Twilight not suffering a magic induced hangover of epic proportions, she might've been able to flick her pinkie and stop this Trixie person. But as she was it was difficult to even attempt gathering mana.

"Twilight, use yer Element!" Applejack called out. Twilight gasped, weaving to the left out of the way of Trixie's staff, gritting her teeth and pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose. Trixie jabbed outward with the butt end of the staff, Twilight just barely managing to avoid it. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as one jab brushed her hair, her eyes wide as it singed the few locks it touched. She did NOT want that to hit her.

"C'mon Twilight! You've got this!" Rainbow cheered. Twilight panted heavily, out of breath and energy. She wasn't sure how much longer she could keep this up. Trixie however seemed like she hadn't even broken a sweat.

"Why are you doing this?" Twilight asked.

"Why?! You dare ask Trixie why?! Because unlike the likes of you Sparkle, Trixie had to struggle and fight every day of her life. While you were living the high life under your beloved princess, I was starving in the streets! He offered me a chance to live, a chance to be something more than a useless street rat and all Trixie has to do is take her revenge on all of you snob nosed nobles!" she roared, spinning with the staff, directly into Twilights ribs.

The Magian cried out as sparks danced across her body, collapsing onto the ground and placing a hand over the wound. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air as Trixie moved closer to Twilight. Rainbow grit her teeth, launching forward, only for Trixie to catch her eyes once more, the Skyborn collapsing and clutching her head.

"This jus' ain't right. How are we s'pose t' fight her if we can't even get close?!" Applejack chewed her lip.

"Twilight seems like the only one immune to her stare...I'm afraid she is on her own..." Rarity said softly.

"We can at least buy her some time!" Applejack argued.

"And how do you suggest we do that?"

"PARTY CANNON!" Pinkie cried, smashing the DO NOT PRESS Button on her cannon, launching a plethora of condensed confetti and streamers directly into Trixie.

"GET UP TWILIGHT" her friends cried out. The Magian groaned as she rolled onto her side, digging her fingers into the dirt and clawing her way into a standing position. Trixie swore under her breath, tearing the clingy confetti out of her outfit and hair. Twilight took the chance to snatch the staff in her magic, roaring as she snapped it in two, the backlash causing Trixie to scream in agony and fall to her knees. Twilight marched over to her, gasping as Trixie tackled her, staring deeply into her eyes.

"Become mine, kneel to my power!" Trixie demanded. Twilight raised an eyebrow, tapping her glasses.

"Sorry, Hex proof." she smirked, smashing her fist into the magicians gut and rolling over, pinning her underneath and weaving her magic over her eyes and mouth. Twilight sighed heavily, her friends rushing over to her, Applejack and Pinkie keeping the disruptive Magian pinned while Rainbow and Rarity helped Twilight to her feet.

"That was awesome Twilight! How'd you keep her from getting into your head?" Rainbow asked.

"huh? Oh!" Twilight popped out the earplugs.

"Sorry, could you repeat that?" she asked. Rainbow stared at the earplugs.

"The heck are those for?"

"Well, normally Spike snores...rather loudly. But I noticed something when she was on the stage. This...it wasn't exactly a mana trail...but it was focused on her throat and eyes and she was using it to hex the crowd."

"Okay, so ya'll protected yerself from hearin' her magicky words. But how'd ya avoid her eyes?" Applejack asked, adding a healthy dosage of rope to the magical bindings. Twilight tapped her glasses.

"Hex proof glasses. A few of my fellow students back in school liked to cheat by hexing others eyes. So I made myself a pair of these to keep cheaters out." Twilight answered.

"Heh, and the power of the nerd wins the day." Rainbow chuckled. Fluttershy peeked out from behind a bush.

"I-Is it over?" she asked softly.

"Shy, man am I glad to see you. Hey, we need The Stare." Rainbow smiled.

"Oh, um...well, I don't know." Fluttershy mumbled, hiding behind her hair. Twilight looked around at her friends, utterly confused.

"Whats the stare?" Twilight asked.

"No, its The Stare dear." Rarity corrected,

"Fluttershy has this wicked cool power where she looks into someones eyes and they have to do whatever she says." Rainbow explained.

"Huh? How is that even possible?"

"Lots of things are possible silly!" Pinkie snorted. Twilights head hurt too much to argue, and so she simply relaxed in her friends hold as they helped her into the library. She winced as they sat her down in her arm chair, Rarity letting out a sigh as she peeled up the singed shirt.
"Oh my goodness...that's quite a mark..." Rarity mumbled. Spike burst into the library, smoke drifting from his nostrils as he glared at Trixie, though his attention was quickly drawn to the near shirtless and injured Twilight.

"Twilight!" he gasped, rushing to her side. "This is my fault...I shoulda stopped her on that stage..."

"Spike, this isn't anyone's' fault but mine. I'm the one that stood up to her. B-besides, its not that bad." She forced a smile, gasping in pain as Rarity let her shirt drop back on to it.

"Vinyl, you help Twilight. I'll check in on our magician friend." Spike ordered softly.

"Wait, Spike!" Twilight gasped, holding the wound and holding out her glasses to him. He smiled, accepting them happily.

"Thanks Twilight...get some rest okay?"

"Yes Dad" She giggled, leaning back against her chair. Vinyl stood behind her, placing her hands on her shoulders.

"You uh...might wanna brace yourself. This is gonna be a bit of a wild ride." Vinyl said softly. Twilight gripped the arms of her chair, eyes wide and glowing as Vinyl poured her magic through her system, flushing out the building chaos from her wound. Her friends watched as her back arched against the chair, the Magian crying out and falling unconscious

"I-Is she...?" Rainbow started.

"Chill lovebird, flushing out chaos is a pretty tense experience. Doesn't help that she was playing with necromancy before deciding to tango with Miss Manipulative bitch."

"Necrowut?" Rainbow asked. Vinyl sighed, leaning against the wall.

"Necromancy, the practice of Dark Magicks on the border of chaos. Stuff used to raise the dead and make them your slaves. You're bookworm here gave up a few years of her life workin' on that spell your mom used." Vinyl answered. Rainbow could only stare, clenching her fists.

"She gave up a few years? What do you mean?" Rarity asked, gasping as Vinyl tossed her a small vial.

"Inside that, is ten years of your friends life, along with magic not even Celestia would try her hand at. She made it for that kid you're all so worried about." Vinyl said, walking past them and following after Spike. The friends gathered around the vial, setting it on the table.

"Ten years...she gave up ten years because I couldn't let some little kid..." Rainbow muttered under her breath.

"What were ya s'pose t' do Dash? Ignore a kid in need? Jus' sit back an let her die? T'weren't yer fault she decided t' do this an th' fact is She did decide." Applejack argued.

"Oh my gosh! You know what this means?" Pinkie asked everyone. They all turned to her, wondering what she had figured out. She seemed rather excited, practically bouncing in place.

"I get to make a big party to celebrate ten years of parties she missed!" Pinkie squealed. The group sighed in exasperation.

"Pinkie! That's not important right now!" Rarity fumed. The Baker pouted, hanging her head.

"I'm sorry Pinkie. I didn't mean it like that. We just have some rather...important things on our hands right now. We don't have time for a party, let alone ten." Rarity said softly. Pinkie nodded, falling quiet and hugging her knees on the couch. Applejack looked around the room. Rainbow freaking out about Twilight and blaming herself, Rarity feeling sorry and useless after Trixie had hexed her, Pinkie tucked into her shell and Twilight out cold and missing ten years. She glanced over at Fluttershy, seeing her friend a bit more tense than normal.

"Ya'll alright Shy?" she asked softly.

"Oh, um. I'm fine. I-I'm gonna go check on Spike" she said quickly, heading downstairs. Applejack raised an eyebrow, glancing at her friends one last time before sneaking downstairs, stopping a few from the bottom and listening in.


Spike crossed his arms, watching as the Magian woke up, Vinyl finishing the last symbol on the collar they carried before snapping it shut around Trixie's throat.

"Alright, everything good?" Spike asked. Vinyl released the magical bonds. Trixie screaming at them and reaching for the Chaos, only to have the collar light up and give her a nasty shock.

"Systems up an workin' bossman." Vinyl gave him the thumbs up.

"Alright. Trixie. You're going to tell me everything you know about the Chaotician." Spike told her. Trixie only laughed, quietly at first before throwing her head back in full tilt crazy bitch laugh mode. She let out a sigh, blowing her hair out of her face and staring back at him.

"Master is a God, my God and protector. Any moment now he will save me from this and you'll regret ever crossing Trixie! If you even harm a hair upon Trixie's head, you'll be sorry!" she spat. Spike sighed, holding out his clawed hand and snapping a single follicle of hair in his grip.

"I'm a very patient man Trixie. Playing with Chaos is forbidden, punishable by death. Its an old law, never changed, never came up in the thousand years Nightmare Moon was banished. I can legally do whatever I want right here and right now and will exercise my right if I don't get what I want." he growled, smoke drifting from his nostrils and filling the small room. Trixie fell silent, refusing to answer him and calling his bluff.

"She's not gonna talk boss." Vinyl sighed, crossing her arms.

"M-Maybe I can help?" Fluttershy asked, stepping into the room. Trixie glared at her, opening her mouth and pausing before turning her head away.

"Shy? Not to be mean or anything but...how could you help?" Spike asked.

"Well...I...I can show you." Fluttershy swallowed and stepped forward.

"Trixie." she called, the woman turning to look at her. Fluttershy widened her eyes slightly, everyone in the room suddenly feeling a massive weight of dread upon their shoulders. Trixie took the brunt of the assault, having locked eyes with Fluttershy.

"Tell us who sent you here." Fluttershy said in a monotone.

"D-Discord...G-God of Chaos..." Trixie stammered, tears stinging her eyes.

"Why?" Fluttershy continued to dig

"T-To kill t-that stupid Librarian." Trixie answered, Fluttershy intensifying her gaze.

"WHY?!" Fluttershy demanded, clenching her fists in anger.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Spike said, grabbing Fluttershy's arm, the Skyborn turning to him. Spike grit his teeth, caught in the gaze of The Stare. Fluttershy quickly blinked, the weight on Spikes shoulders fading away. He panted slightly, letting go of her arm.

"That's enough Shy. That's all we need to know." Spike said softly.

"I-I'm sorry..." Fluttershy quickly ran up the stairs, leaving Spike and Vinyl with a sobbing Trixie.

"Now, if you don't want another dose of that, you'll answer the rest of our questions."


Applejack scrambled up the stairs just ahead of Fluttershy, leaning against the wall out of sight as the Skyborn burst into the room.

"Everything okay?" Rainbow asked, seeing the two of them. Applejack signaled to Dash to keep quiet about her, the Skyborn turning her attention to just Fluttershy.

"I u-used The Stare...I-I didn't mean to be so harsh. Oh, I hope they forgive me..." Fluttershy mumbled.

"Hey, I'm sure they will Shy. Um, hey, don't your animals need you?" Rainbow asked, trying to shift her attention to something else. Fluttershy gasped, her wings appearing as she ran out of the library. Rainbow sighed softly, glancing over at Applejack.

"What the heck was that about AJ?"

"Have ya'll ever seen Shy use Th' Stare before?" Applejack asked.

"Nah, I've just seen what happens to someone after it hits em. Not pretty. Why?"

"Ah coulda sworn it felt jus' like when that Magian downstairs looked me in th' eyes. Jus' t'ain't natural Dash."

"Hey, have you taken a look at us AJ? I'm a freak, Rarity isn't even human. Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie. Not much natural goin' on around here." Rainbow argued.

"Yea, ah guess yer right..." Applejack sighed as she sat down, toying with her hat.

"Ugh...my head...feels...clear actually. Wow, what did she do?" Twilight asked as she woke up.

"What did she do? What did YOU do?! Twilight...ten years? Really? I thought we were doing this together!" Rainbow fumed. Twilight bit her lip.

"It was an experiment!" She tried to argue

"In what? How stupid you can be?!" Rainbow demanded. Applejack grabbed her arm.

"Dash, ya'll mind lettin' me talk t' ya fer a minute?" Applejack asked, giving her arm a tight squeeze to let her know she wasn't taking no as an answer. Rainbow grumbled as Applejack dragged her to the kitchen.

"What gives Aj?"

"What gives? Rainbow, ah don't even know where t' start. But ah s'pose startin' with a question might work. Rainbow...are ya'll crushin' on Twilight?" Applejack asked.

"WHAT?! No! No way! Why? Did she ask?"

"No ya ninny, she didn't ask. She's too busy 'bout t' burst into tears after ya darn near tore her head off fer tryin' t' help ya an that girl ya'll adopted." Applejack deadpanned.

"Aw crud...Hey! Don't make me the bad guy here!"

"Ah ain't makin ya th' badguy. Ah'm jus' tellin' ya t' think 'fore ya speak after askin' fer her help" Applejack said calmly before going back into the living room. Rainbow stood there speechless, her mouth working but no words coming out. She could faintly hear Applejack speaking to Twilight and chewed her lip as she peered into the living room.

"Hey Twi', ya'll feelin alright?" Applejack asked with a smile. Twilight sniffed and wiped away her tears.

"Y-Yea! I'm fine. Just..."

"Twi', kinda hard t' lie t' th' Element o' Honesty, don't ya think?" Applejack joked. The Magian chuckled and sighed.

"Rainbow was right. I shouldn't have made that potion. I was just so excited that I found some way to help that little girl, I didn't think before I acted." she sighed.

"Ain't no harm in it sugarcube, 'cept for a few missin' years...Ah think it was brave of ya, even if it was stupid. But whats done is done, ain't no changin' it now. Maybe ya'll can find another way, maybe this is th' only way...Its up t' you what ya do Twilight an as yer friend ah'll back ya up an whatever ya choose." Applejack smiled.

"Thanks Applejack. I appreciate it..."

"Anytime Sugarcube." Applejack patted her shoulder and adjusted her hat.

"Speakin o' th' young'ins, ah beter go check in on em. No tellin' what trouble they might've gotten themselves into." The farmer gave a tilt of her hat before leaving the Library. Rarity stood from her spot on the couch.

"She's right. I should go and see how Sweetie Belle is doing...She might..." Rarity paused, suddenly rushing out of the Library after Applejack. Pinkie Pie bit her lip before turning to Twilight.

"So...um...ten years? Missing a lot of birthdays huh?" she asked. Twilight smiled.

"Well, I don't have to miss them. I happen to be friends with a great party planner." she said, the baker instantly cheering up.

"Really?!"

"Yes Pinkie, really, just not in the Library this time, okay?"

"You got it!" she beamed, bouncing out of the Library while humming a happy tune all the way to Sugarcube Corner. Twilight sighed, leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes. She hardly noticed Rainbow enter the room. It wasn't until she heard Spike that she opened her eyes.

"Whoops. My bad." he mumbled, going back down stairs. Twilight stared, jumping in surprise as Rainbow sat next to her.

"Hey uh...Sorry about that Twilight." Rainbow said quietly.

"I-Its fine Rainbow. You were right. It was pretty stupid of me to do that."

"Yea, but you only did it cause of me an that kid. No one has ever cured this crap except my mom, and it killed her. I shoulda expected something like this..." Rainbow sighed.

"Lets just say we both screwed up." Twilight giggled. Rainbow let a smile touch her lips as she nodded in agreement.

"I guess we're both idiots." Rainbow chuckled. Twilight sighed, grabbing the vial and staring at it for a moment.

"Rainbow, if this works...We can save her."

"But what if it doesn't? Thats ten years of your life that are just gone for nothing."

"Well, I can afford it. Magians, being bound to the magical spectrum, often live longer than most people by about ten or twenty years." Twilight stated. Rainbow rolled her eyes, deciding not to argue.

"But...this is just a trial run Rainbow. If this works we'll have a baseline for the potion and I'll be able to figure out how much time needs to be transferred for a permanent solution." Twilight admitted. Rainbow stared at her for a moment before her words clicked into place. She planned on giving up more of her life.

"Y-You can't really be thinking I'm gonna let you kill yourself Twilight..." Rainbow said, her mouth dry as she spoke. Twilight chewed her lip, blinking as Rainbow grabbed her hand.

"Without letting me help. You pitched in ten years, now its my turn."


Applebloom wiped the sweat from her forehead, happily accepting one of the few clean towels they had from Sweetie Belle.

"Well girls, ah think we're jus' 'bout finished." She smiled, looking at their handiwork. The rundown tree shack was now, in their eyes, a first class clubhouse. A ramp that could be raised and lowered to keep out intruders.

A crows nest rested on top of the roof, built to watch the stars or to see across the orchard. Sleeping quarters, cubby holes for their backpacks, a snack cabinet and a few power outlets. They just needed Applejack to help them with the electrical wiring.

"Who gets to go in first?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'd say Applebloom. Its her farm and her idea to fix it up."

"Ah think we should all go in together. We all worked hard on it ya know." Applebloom smiled. Together the three friends took the first step into their clubhouse and into their new world. Posters of the Wonderbolts hung on one side while famous singers sat on another, a pile of tools sat in the corner.

"Girls, today, we start a new adventure." Applebloom said softly. Scootaloo put a hand to her mouth, coughing into her fist.

"Oh come on Scoots, I know you hate mushy stuff, but that's no reason to..." Sweetie Belles eyes widened as Scootaloo sank to her knees, struggling to breath, tears streaming down her cheeks as air refused to fill her lungs.

"Scootaloo!" she cried, kneeling next to her friend. She spun, turning to Applebloom.

"GET HELP!"


Applejack grunted as Applebloom tackled her to the ground.

"Applejack! we need yer help! Scoots stopped breathin'!" she cried, Applejack was to her feet in an instant, legs pounding hard into the dirt as she and her daughter ran to the clubhouse, seeing Sweetie Belle carrying the sickly Skyborn on her back.

"How do we get to the hospital?" She asked quickly.

"This way!" Applebloom took off at a run, Sweetie Belle chasing after her. Applejack swore under her breath, chasing after the girls.

"Just hold on Scoots." Sweetie Belle said softly, her eyes turning a deep red as she pushed her body to the limit. She could just barely feel her friends heartbeat against her back, focusing on following Applebloom and the constant beat of her friends heart. As long as it was there her friend was alive and well.

Applejack was surprised by the girls speed, though she knew when a friend was in danger nothing stopped her from helping. Why would it be any different for these three? Despite their situation, a smile touched her lips. She took a slow breath as the power of the Titans filled her, her runes glowing brightly and her footsteps leaving a resounding thud against the ground.

In two powerful strides she had lifted Sweetie belle onto her shoulder, quickly snatching Applebloom under her arm and tearing through the orchard at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash jealous. Applejack barged into the hospital like a bull in a china shop, her eyes latching onto the closest nurse.

"Ah need a doctor, now!"


"I-Is she gonna be alright?" Sweetie Belle asked, looking up at Applejack.

"Ah don't rightly know. But she's a tough one, ah'm sure they can help her." Applejack said softly. Rainbow and Twilight made their way into the waiting room, Applejack standing and catching them both by the collars of their shirts as they tried to rush into the emergency room.

"Now hold it right there. Ya'll can't jus' go bargin' in there while they are workin'." Applejack reprimanded them, forcing them both to sit down and wait. Twilight held the vial in-between her hands, her eyes every so often glancing at the clock and then the doors. The air around them grew tense as a nurse finally stepped outside.

"Is one of you Rainbow Dash?" she asked, looking between them.

"That's me" Rainbow stood up.

"She asked to see you. She's awake, but try not to excite her too much." she said softly, letting Rainbow in. The Skyborn clenched her fists, seeing Scootaloo strapped to a breathing machine and wearing a sad smile.

"I built a clubhouse today..." she wheezed into the mask. Rainbow sat beside the bed, offering Scootaloo a smile.

"That's great Scootaloo. How ya holdin' up?" Rainbow asked.

"Well...they won't let me outta here. So probably not as good as I thought." she joked. Rainbow chuckled mirthlessly and sighed.

"Scootaloo. I'm not gonna lie to you. This thing...its killed a lotta good people. A lotta strong people."

"But..." Scootaloo sucked in a shaky painful breath. "You beat it." She argued. Rainbow shook her head.

"No I didn't kid. My mom beat it, doin' a lot of stuff she shouldn't have." Rainbow replied, gently grabbing Scootaloo's hand.

"But...Twilight, the nerd, she's here with a cure. But she can't give it to you unless you want it."

"Why wouldn't I want it?" Scootaloo asked in confusion.

"That's what I said." Rainbow laughed. She bit her lip and sighed.

"Its really important that you let her give it to you Scoots, no matter what. Okay?"

"Okay...I trust you Rainbow Dash." she wheezed into her mask. Rainbow nodded, letting go of her hand and stepping outside.

"Twi' you mind comin' in?" Rainbow asked. Twilight nodded, taking a slow breath as she followed Rainbow into the room.

"H-Hey Scootaloo. How are you feeling?" Twilight asked. Scootaloo rolled her eyes weakly.

"Is everyone gonna ask me that? Its gettin' kinda old." she wheezed.

"Right, sorry. Stupid question..." Twilight mumbled. She gripped the vial and stepped forward.

"I made something for you." Twilight smiled wearily as she sat beside the sickly Skyborn. She popped the cork off the vial and held it out to the girl.

"This...is gonna make me better?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, for a while, yes. Its just a start, but it'll get you outta this bed and back to spending time with your friends." Twilight admitted. Scootaloo sighed, wincing as she sat up and grabbed the vial.

She huffed a powerful breath from the mask before ripping it off and chugging down the contents of the vial. A nurse quickly rushed into the room to place the mask back on, having been alerted when it came off and watched as her patient downed a strange substance.

"What are you doing?!" She demanded. Twilight jumped and fell out of her chair, Rainbow spinning in place and stammering an excuse.

"Blegh, ugh, sheesh that's disgusting!" she whined. She blinked in surprise, looking at herself. It didn't hurt to breath...she wasn't wheezing or struggling for air. Her body didn't hurt all over and her head was clear. She threw off her blanket, tossing her legs over the side of her bed and sliding off, gasping and laughing as she stared at her hands.

"I...I feel...Awesome!" she cheered. Twilight sighed in relief, watching as Scootaloo tackled Rainbow Dash in a powerful hug.

"Thank you so much!"

"Hey, don't thank me kid. Twilight is the one who helped you." Rainbow chuckled. Scootaloo looked over her shoulder at Twilight, watching the Magian pick herself up. She lowered her gaze.

"Um...thanks Miss Twilight." she mumbled.

"You're welcome Scootaloo. You deserve a normal life, I'm happy I could give you a start." Twilight gasped as her Tiara appeared in her hands. The star shaped crystal in the center glowing with life and warmth.

"Hey kid, you should go say hi to your friends. They are kinda dyin' out there worrying about you. Especially that Sweetie Belle." Rainbow grinned, watching as Scootaloo rushed past the nurse to see her friends.

"I...But I made such a big mistake...why is it reacting?" Twilight wondered.

"Twilight, was it a good idea for me to bum rush a cloud of death at high speeds knowing I wasn't coming out of it? Was it a good idea for Rarity to face down Vinyl, one of Celestia's freakin' guards of awesomeness, just for Sweetie Belle? No, not even close." Rainbow argued.

"I gave up ten years of my life Rainbow."

"To save an innocent girl. With your magic and your life. I'd guess that's good enough for an ancient spirit of magic." Rainbow reasoned. Twilight smiled, gripping the trinket and following her friend out into the waiting room. Scootaloo was buried underneath her friends in a powerful hug.

"GAH! Lemme go!" she cried out, finally giving up and accepting the hug. The three friends stood up, Sweetie Belle pulling her friend close and sniffing back her sobs.

"Belle, chill out okay? I'm gonna be fine!" Scootaloo said as she returned the hug. Rarity rushed into the room, completely out of breath.

"Sweetie Belle, no!" Rarity cried out, watching as her sister dug her fangs deep into Scootaloo's neck.

Author's Note:

:unsuresweetie:Whoops.

PreviousChapters Next