• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 3,198 Views, 138 Comments

BlazBlue: Equestria Shift. - Alkem



The mane six wind up in the world of BlazBlue and become separated.

  • ...
2
 138
 3,198

Fluttershy: Scene 1

BlazBlue: Equestria Shift

Fluttershy


The upper sky port of Kagutsuchi, where people were sparse compared the lower levels of the town was an area consisting of societies elite. Traversing through the barren walkway was an odd looking pair. A tall figure made of metal dressed in the appearance of a blonde haired woman wearing a purple bonnet with a gold ring on its edge and a long purple dress that reached just inches off the ground.

Walking beside her, standing up to the doll's waist, was a young boy with matching hair under his white and purple top hat. He held onto one of the automaton's long arms while looking up to her. The sunlight peered through the moving clouds and glistened off his thick glasses as he stared at her motionless visage.

"Ada, do you want to take a break?"

The mechanical woman turned her head to him but never said a word.

The boy placed one of his white gloved hands on his hat and fidgeted with it. "It's not like I'm tired or anything sis. I was just worried that you might be tired."

The doll continued staring at him, raising her long arm and patting him his head with her purple sleeved hand, scrunching his hat down.

He brushed away Ada's hand, and popped his hat back to normal. "I guess you're right sis, I could use a break."

Finding a perfect bench to rest, they sat in the shade and felt the wind coming from the docking and departing airships swept across them as they partook in people watching. Observing people as they rarely walked by, the boy noticed everyone was turning their heads up to something above them. Curiosity took hold as he too peered up to see what was so interesting.

"What's that?" The sight of a girl caught his eye as she dangled helplessly on the cupped hands of an angelic statue by what appeared to be a set of pale yellow wings on her back.

A rouge gust of wind cleared away her long pink hair. Judging by the she swayed lifelessly, the boy deduced she was unconscious, as well as completely undressed. His soft pale cheeks turned pink as he watched looked on. All of a sudden all he could see was purple as Ada covered his face with her hand.

"Sis!" he mumbled through her metal palm, pushing it away for the second time. "I wasn't looking at what you thought I was... It's just… she kind of looks like… "

As the two watched on, they noticed people simply walked by, hardly paying the girl any mind. The boy snarled at them but knew this was the all too common attitude of the upper level of Kagutsuchi. He got up and walked over to the edge of the walkway, leaning on the guardrail as peered up to her once more and noticed the girl's feathers were slowly slipping. He then noticed Ada's hand looming over his head.

"Cut it out sis. I was just thinking that maybe we should help her." While he looked out into the distance deep in thought, the doll standing behind him placed her arms at her side and waited for an answer.

He turned to her, with the short purple cape at his back swaying behind him as he walked away. His steel tipped purple military boots felt heavy as they clacked loudly against the metal floor. His blue eyes vanished under his eyelids, which closed to help him further ignore the dangling girl. He wasn't happy with himself about it, but he'd made his choice. As he kept walking, a voice in his head reminded him why he wasn't happy with the decision he just made.

Shame on you Carl Clover. As the disciple of Kagutsuchi's hero of love and justice, Bang Shishigami, I taught you never to ignore helping those in trouble.

Still dangling helplessly, a lone feather kept the girl hanging on the statue's hand. A strong gust blew by and sent falling towards the lowest and darkest portion of the city. Under the instruction of her brother, Ada lunged and caught the girl, wall jumping off the statue and landing back to Carl's side.

"Come on Ada; let's get out of here before we draw more attention."

Their feet clanged on the floor as he and his sister, carrying the passed out girl in her arms, ran off. Unbeknownst to them, there was someone that saw what happened and started to tail them.


It was dim and a little damp in the alleyway where Carl and Ada had decided to stop in. After Ada placed a long thin white and black striped dress on the girl they rescued before she laid her gently one the ground and the two of them waited.

"Nhhhn, uuuuuh… Wha?" The girl grunted as her eyelids slowly opened to reveal a pair of bright cyan eyes. "Wha? Where am I?" Her docile voice asked as her vision started coming into focus.

"You're safe." Carl responded.

She peered over to him, cringing slightly but then calmed herself. "Who are you?" She turned her head, looking over to Carl's right and noticed the metal doll standing behind him. "Eeek!"

She tried crawling back from them but fumbled inside the restrictive clothes she had on. She fell on her back and got an inverted glimpse of what was at the end of the ally. Her eyes shrank as she realized she was in a completely unfamiliar place with dozens of strange creatures wondering around. She sat up and started crawling back from the street, bumping into Carl and Ada who had been watching her scrambling the entire time.

Carl reached out and rested his hand on her shoulder. "Please, calm down. You were passed out earlier but my sister and I saved you and brought you here to rest."

Hearing him mention they'd saved her, she turned and calmed herself and started breathing normally. Seeing the duo in front of her looking at her with genuine concern in their eyes, she realized they weren't malicious as she originally thought and lowered her head down.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It's just that it-she, she," she stuttered pointing a finger over to Ada. She got on her knees and tilted her head down to her. "I'm so sorry. I was frightened by your sister. I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that I was just surprised when I woke up."

Carl stood there, scratching the back of his head. "Please, there's no need to apologize; it's alright. There are plenty of people would have reacted the same way."

With the girl back on her feet, Carl and Ada introduced themselves. "Hello, my name is Carl Clover, and this is my big sister Ada," he said, taking off his hat and bowing to her while his metal sibling curtsied behind him.

Seeing the two of them display such manners helped calm her and she responded likewise. "My name is Fluttershy," she said curtsying back at them.

"It's nice to make your acquaintance Ms. Fluttershy. Are you feeling better? I mean after all, you weren't in the greatest of conditions when we first found you."

Fluttershy's pink hair rustled up and down as she nodded. "Oh yes I'm fine now. All thanks to you and your sister that is, thank you."

Hearing that, Carl adjusted the white cuffs at the end of his purple coat sleeves and fixed his hat. "Well then, if you're all better then I shall take my leave. Good day."

Fluttershy jerked herself; the sudden realization of her situation hit her like a ton of bricks. "Umm, wait… please." she said in a hushed tone, reaching out to him and his sister.

He turned back to her. "Yes, is something the matter?"

She tilted her head down. "Well… You see…"

"Yes?"

"I…" Her voice was almost inaudible.

"Come again?"

"...mmm," the high pitched murmur was all she let out.

Carl couldn't help be feel for her, watching the helpless winged girl practically in a fetal position. He watched her dress in the outfit that once belonged to his sister. "Please Fluttershy, my sister and I would like to help you. But if we don't know what's wrong we can't do anything."

Fluttershy got up on her feet and gave it one more try. "I-"

"Hold it right there!" a voice called out from the end of the alley.

The three of them turned in shock and noticed a girl walking towards them.

Heading down the murky alley, a girl in a blue and white uniform dress that cut off at her legs and long black socks stopped right in front of Fluttershy. "What are you—" She paused, getting a good look at Fluttershy and her set of wings.

"Eeeep!" Fluttershy gasped, as the girl moved quick as lightning and wrapped her arms around her and embraced her gently, rubbing her head against her.

Carl walked up and tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Uh excuse me, Noel Vermillion. What are you doing?"

Noel snapped back to the reality, and quickly back away from Fluttershy. "I-I-I-I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me," she said, fidgeting with her hands as her face turned brighter than an apple. "Please forgive me," she said, repeatedly bowing before the girl in front of her.

Fluttershy was still shocked by the sudden hug, but she couldn't help but smiled when she saw Noel's balmoral cap fall off her head as she bowed, revealing her long blonde hair. "It's alright. I was just a little frightened when I heard you yelled and then suddenly hugged me like that."

Still peach faced, Noel cleared her throat. "I'm sorry for scaring you. It's just that I saw you cowering before Carl and thought you might be in trouble."

Fluttershy raised her hands and waved them at her. "Oh no, Mr. Clover wasn't giving me any trouble. In fact he helped me. It's just that I, I." Fluttershy went into shy mode again, whimpering and murmuring as she began to crouch to the floor.

Watching the winged, pink haired girl, Noel was captivated by her cuteness, even though she was in distress. Her maiden heart couldn't handle such an adorable sight. Carl on the other hand was in a panic. Now there were two girls falling to their knees, although for obviously different reasons. He decided there was one thing to do.

"Well Miss Noel, since you're here I guess I can leave Ms. Fluttershy in your care." He turned his back on the two of them and started to walk away. Taking his first step, Carl felt a quick jerk on his cape that almost pulled him off his feet. Catching himself, he looked to see what yanked him. To his surprise, it was his sister's cold metal grip that held him in place. His eyes shot up to the tall automaton's emotionless gaze. "What is it Ada?"

The doll let go of the purple cloth and turned her head over to Fluttershy who was still crouching on the ground.

"You want me to help her, don't you sis?"

Ada looked silently back at him.

"But sis, we don't have time. We still have to go and find him."

The doll didn't budge. She continued to stare at him. Carl stood firm against her for a minute looking into the lifeless expression his sister and then sighed.

"Oh alright. If you say so," he responded dejectedly, walking over to the two girls who were still struggling with their issues and kneeling down next to Fluttershy. "Okay Fluttershy, I'll help you. But first I'll need to know what it is you need help with."

Seeing Carl and Ada comforting Fluttershy, Noel regained composure and knelt alongside them. "Please tell us what's wrong? We all want to help you."

Feeling the sincerity of the trio in front of her, Fluttershy sniffed away her nervousness. In the alleyway, Noel, Carl and Ada, sat in front of her as she began to tell them her story.


After hearing her tale, Carl took off his hat in astonishment. "Unbelievable. So if I understand correctly, you're from another world? I mean from what you told us that seems like the most likely explanation."

"Um, I don't know honestly. All I know is that I've never been to a place like this before and my body handed before either."

Noel was hopping up and down in her sitting position. "Oh my gosh! A world filled with adorable talking ponies!"

Carl sighed at his giddy elder. "Miss Noel, is that all you got from her story?"

Noel started drawing circles on the ground with her index finger as her face resembled a cherry again. "I'm sorry. It's just that Fluttershy's world sounds wonderful."

"That's not really what's important." Carl put his hat back on and turned to Fluttershy wrapping her arms around her knees. "What's important is that Fluttershy's friends are lost somewhere in the city. We'll need to go and search for them." Carl closed his eye for a moment with his arms crossed. He then opened them to the pink haired girl In front of him. "Fluttershy, is there anything you can tell us about your friends that can help us find them. From what you've told us about how you look now compared to back in your world, I know that your friends will probably look different as well but anything you can tell us can help us find them easier."

"Good thinking Carl," Noel said, smushing his top hat as she rubbed his head. "That's why you were always head of the class back in the academy." He swatted her hand away as she looked over to Fluttershy. "Let's start with names."

Fluttershy held up her two hands, taking the opportunity to practice the use of her digits. "Well my friend’s names are Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Applejack."

Both Noel and Carl stared at her. "Well with name like those I don't think it'll be too hard to locate them." said Carl. "Is there anything else you can tell us? Like their appearance for instance? Do they all have wings just like you?"

"No, only Rainbow Dash has wings like me, except hers will probably be light blue and she'll have rainbow colored hair."

"Oh my gosh, that sounds sooooooooo adorable!" Noel shouted, unable to contain her excitement.

"Noel, please." Carl replied before turning back to Fluttershy. "What about the others Fluttershy? Do they have anything special about them?"

"My friends, Twilight and Rarity both have horns on their foreheads that Twilight's should be purple and Rarity’s should be white and they also have different shades of purple hair."

"Unicorns too!"

Carl sighed, ignoring Noel's outburst. "And what about Pinkie Pie and Applejack?"

"Well Pinkie has bushy, bouncy pink hair. And Applejack has long golden yellow hair. Sort of like yours miss Noel."

Noel place both palms to her cheeks and beamed. "I have hair like a pony?" she squealed with excitement.

"That's enough Ms. Vermillion," Carl ordered, rising to his feet. "We need to go and find these girls. But where should we start looking?"

"Why not start at the NOL?" Noel suggested as she got up next to him. "Maybe one of her friends went there."

"Fluttershy and her friends came here from another world. How would they know to go to the Librarium?" asked Carl.

"Well we're thinking about heading there. So maybe someone suggested to Fluttershy's friend that they should head there. It's worth a shot at least, right?"

Carl stood there with his arms crossed, tapping a finger against his elbow. "I guess so." This may not be how I wanted it, but at least I can get inside the Library this way.

Noel grabbed hold of Fluttershy hand and tugged her along as she made her way out of the alleyway. "Let's go!" she jovially announce, pulling a nervous Fluttershy behind her, while Carl begrudgingly followed a few feet away with his sister at his side.