• Published 13th Apr 2012
  • 3,198 Views, 138 Comments

BlazBlue: Equestria Shift. - Alkem



The mane six wind up in the world of BlazBlue and become separated.

  • ...
2
 138
 3,198

Rarity: Gag reel

Rarity: Gag Reel.


Crowded as always, Orient Town's plaza was bustling with the sounds of people shopping, chatting away or simply enjoying a nice meal. With a plethora of things to see and do, do and see, everyone could always find something to do while visiting this lively part of Kagutsuchi. Except for one. In the overflowing walkways lined with shops to the left and right, Rarity strolled along in search of something she could not find in any store. Making her way through the hordes of shoppers, she paused and looked back towards where she came. A nagging sensation plagued her mind.

Was it really such a good idea for to just walk out like that? After all, Mr. Shishigami did offer his help in finding my friends. And Ms. Litchi was kind enough to offer me a place to stay in the meantime. Rarity looked down and admired the garb she had on, giggling to herself while she took in its beauty for the countless time. As well as this absolutely stunning outfit. Her eyes ran up and down her new curvy figure and reminded her of her new outward appearance as well as what her original goal was. Still this is my problem and it is my friends who are lost. While I appreciate the kindness they've shown me, I do not wish to burden them any more then I already have. She looked back, spotting the clinic through the gaps of the crowds. Then again, I've probably made Ms. Litchi worry about me by suddenly running off like that. Perhaps I should return and wait.

There, in the center of the plaza walkway, with people passing her by, she took a moment to think about what she should do.

"I think it's best that I return. I don't want to have my new friends worry about me. After all, I'm sure Mr. Bang will find them. And who knows, maybe they might come and find me."


Back inside the local clinic centered in the ever busy Orient Town within the city of Kagutsuchi, Rarity was seated in one of the waiting room chairs with the large open window behind her where people could be seen walking by. Over at the doorway leading to the next room, Litchi Faye-Ling stood looking over to her guest.

"I'm so relieved you came back Rarity. I was just about to go running after you."

Rarity lowered her head, guilt washing over her. "I'm dreadfully sorry Ms. Litchi. I did not mean to cause you to worry. It's just that I can't help but feel I should help Mr. Bang with the search."

"I understand Rarity. After all, you and your friends are lost in an unfamiliar world. I'm just worried that you may end up getting hurt on your own. The streets of Kagutsuchi aren't what you would call safe." Litchi's words didn't help sooth Rarity's worries. Instead they drove her to press her face against the window, looking out with a distorted concerned expression. "Oh dear, I don't think that helped." She pondered how she could get her guest to take her mind off her worries and came to a quick conclusion. "Rarity, would you mind coming back here and giving me a hand? My assistant Linhua is out sick today and I could really use your assistance."

Rarity, still clearly in a slump, looked up to her and forced a smile. "Sure thing Ms. Litchi."

In the back room, the girls worked together. Litchi treated her patients while Rarity did her best to aid her.

"I can't thank you enough Rarity, today certainly is a busy one."

"It's quite alright. After all your help it's the least I can do. Plus…" Rarity twirled around, showing off the white Chinese nurse's skirt with short black tights and matching sash tied around her waist she had on. "I just adore this nurse's outfit I get to wear." She tugged at top of the outfit. "Although it's a little tight at the top." Her flowing purple hair complimented the elegance of her outfit to complete the ensemble.

"I'm sorry Rarity. That outfit actually belongs to my assistant. That would explain why it feels a little tight in that area. Though you do know you didn't really need to change in order to help me."

"Nonsense, a lady must always dress for the occasion, even if it is only temporary," Rarity answered, still admiring her new clothing.

Seeing the smile on Rarity's face, Litchi decided to leave it at that. "Well I have to admit white really does suite you." Litchi resumed her work and finished with another of her patients. "There, you're all done. Now just remember to cut down on the snacks and try and cut down on the drinking."

Hopping off the examination table, the elderly man she was performing the check up on nodded at her. "Thanks again Doc," he said as his eyes stumbled between her eyes and her chest. He turned his apple colored face over to Rarity. "My goodness Linhua, you certainly have grown." The old man focused his sight on Rarity's bosoms. "And you even dyed your hair," he said, patting her on the head. His hand moved down and stopped at her horn. "What's this thing? Some sort of new fashion thing kids these days are all crazy about?"

Rarity looked at the codger; his wandering eyes made her nervous and her voice trembled. "W-w-well I—"

Litchi stepped in and grabbed hold of the old man's wandering hand. "This is actually a new assistant of mine. Her name is Rarity." She pushed him back. "And she just started today, so please be nice."

"Oh, well that explains it. I thought there was something wrong with how much Linhua had… developed." The geezer's eyes were still fixated on Rarity's chest. He then refocused on her hair and horn. "To be young and do crazy things with your body. You and your friends must be a crazy bunch if those things are considered fashionable."

Rarity went silent. Her head tilted down to the floor.

Noticing her assistant's distress, Litchi started nudging the elderly man out. "Alright now, I believe it's time you get going sir. Your wife is probably missing you."

"My wife? Oh that's right, I better get going. If I take too long she starts thinking I'm up to something. Goodbye Doctor, goodbye Ms. Rarity."

With their latest patient gone and no one in the waiting room, Litchi walked over to her still depressed assistant and gave her a hug. "There, there. I know. But don't worry. Mr. Bang promised he would find your friends. Have faith in him."

Rarity sniffled slightly under Litchi's warm embrace. "You're right. I have to believe in him."

Litchi smiled and nodded at her, releasing her. "That's the spirit. Now how about we have some oolong tea?"


Having a well deserved break in Litchi's kitchen, the girls enjoyed each other's company as they sipped some tea and Rarity regaled Litchi with stories of her friends back home.

"So she ate the entire cake all by herself?"

"Why yes. She ate it all in one bite."

Litchi chuckled, amused by the tale but more by the smile it brought about on Rarity's face. "My, this Pinkie Pie sound like such an interesting friend."

"Indeed." Rarity took another sip of her cup, enjoying its rich flavor. "While she may an odd pony, she still can be a lot of fun." She looked down into her cup. "They all are..." Her face saddened as she gazed into the reflection of her drink and saw a foreign face looking back. "No matter what we did I always enjoyed them around, even when we sometimes didn't agree eye to eye. Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are my dear friends. That's why I rushed off earlier. But then I remembered the kindness you and Mr. Bang showed me. I couldn't just leave and have you worry. So I decided to come back and wait like you asked. I'm sure My friends are safe." Rarity sighed, picturing those precious memories in her tea's reflection.

Litchi rose from her chair, brimming with determination to bring the girl seated next to her out of her slump. "Okay, it's time we do something to cheer you up!"

Taking another sip from her cup, Rarity looked up at her. "Mmm?"

"I know just what we can do."

"What?"

All of a sudden, two party balls that seemingly came out of nowhere at Litchi's side popped open, dropping streamer and confetti everywhere.

"Fashion Makeovers!"

A large banner suddenly roll down behind Litchi that read the words she just shouted and a smile graced Rarity's face.

"Alright. We're going to have guest drop by and give them the wardrobe change they've always needed. Now let's find out who'll be our first guest!" Waving her arms over her head it opened on cue and someone walked in.

"Um excuse me?" Stepping inside was none other than Noel Vermillion "Is there someone here who can help me? II don't know how I got here."

"It looks like we have our first guest." Litchi shouted, waving the newcomer over. "Noel Vermillion come on down!"

Startled by Litchi's exuberant outburst, Noel was just about to run off when she noticed something on the top of Litchi's head that captivated her. Reflecting off of those wide green eyes of hers was a tiny panda that clung onto Litchi's hair, holding the long strange of ebony in place. As if in a trance, she walked towards the two in the room. Her eyes still fixated on the little creature.

She stopped before the pair and a snap of Litchi's fingers brought her back from her trip. "Huh? Where am I?" Checked her surroundings. "Oh that's right I'm here too—" She quickly noticed the woman looming over her. "Ms. Litchi, what are you—"

Before she could finish, four changing screens panels dropped from above. Completely surrounded, she couldn't stop what was happening. Outside of the paper thin barrier, Rarity watched as two silhouettes flailed about inside.

"Excuse me Ms. Litchi; I didn't come for—Eeek! Please don't take that off!"

The sound of clothes ruffling and panicked shrieks were all Rarity could head along with piles of clothing that occasionally came flying over the panels. Rarity was just about the stick her head in to help poor Noel when she noticed her clothes fly over the wall.

"Now hold still, I'm almost finished," the joyful voice of Litchi stated. The movement inside finally settled to a halt and the screens flew back up from where they'd mysterious came from. Rarity looked in and saw Litchi directing her arms to Noel who was standing sheepishly next to her.

"Tada!"

Rarity's heart went aflutter the instant her eyes got a taste of Litchi's work. Her astonishment slipped out of her mouth. "Oooo!" Noel stood with one hand holding down the lower end of the rather short dress she now wore. Rarity circled around, taking every inch of the outfit. "This dress. Why it really complements your…" Her eyes traversed Noel's body. Taking note that she didn't have the same amount of volume as Litchi and her. "Slender figure."

Noel quietly sunk her head down. The pain from Rarity's words only worsened as she got a look at her 'slim figure'.

"No really dear," said Rarity, using her horn to pull a full sized mirror in the corner of the room over to time. "Take a look for yourself. You look absolutely stunning."

Noel turned her head up and peered into the mirror. She placed a hand over her mouth, gasping at the sight. "This, this is beautiful." She twirled, smiling as her hands examined every inch of her new clothes. "I love it!" Her hands then stopped at her chest and her spinning came to a halt. Staring at the mirror to her certainly lacking chest, she turned to look at Rarity and Litchi standing beside her, specifically a certain body part of theirs. She placed one palm on her own and her heart sank as she practically felt nothing. "Too cruel…" she uttered.

Rarity saw her sudden mood swing and approached. "Noel, are you al—"

"This world is too cruel!" Noel sprinted out the door with a trail of tears dropping behind her.

Rarity was just about to run after her when Litchi called out. "Relax Rarity. It's best we let her cry it out. After all what's bothering her is something neither you nor I can help with. Don't worry though, that new outfit of hers is sure to cheer her up once she gets another look at it. Moving on, it's time to meet our next guest. Please put your hands together for Carl Clover!"

The clinic door opened to reveal a young boy and what looked to be a large mechanical doll standing behind him. Carl looked a little surprised standing at the doorway but walked right it. "Um Miss Litchi, how did I—whoa!"

The wall of changing panels dropped again and ensnared Carl inside. This time Rarity made sure she was on the inside. "Ms. Litchi, would it be already if I help you this time?"

"By all means please do. I was planning to get you involved from the start. Now what shall we have our guest wear?"

"What about this?"

"Ah! That's perfect Rarity. I just knew you had an eye for fashion."

"But of course. Whether it is for ponies or any other creature, I know what type of fashion best suits them. Now, let's get to work."

The doll that was with Carl heard his cries and went dashing to save him with her razor sharp claws popping out from the sleeves of her long purple dress. Just a few feet away from reaching the changing screens, they flew away to show Litchi and Rarity standing beside a transformed Carl.

"Tada!" Both girls yelled.

The Doll still charged towards them. Getting a look at Carl she quickly retracted its claws and swiped her long arm at them. Litchi and Rarity closed their arms and braced for the worst, but after a few seconds of nothing opening their eyes to find a touching sight.

"Sis! Ada. Please let go. This is embarrassing." Carl, sporting an infantile sailor suit, struggled to escape the embrace of the doll who had wrapped her arms around him.

Litchi smiled at the siblings. "My, it appears that Nirvana agrees with our choice in wardrobe." Standing next to her, Rarity couldn't stop giggling at the display of sibling bonding as Ada clutched a struggling Carl in her arms and held him tightly.

Still holding him in the vice of her arms, a seemingly content Ada walked out the clinic door. Carl continued wriggling around, trying to escape. "No, no! Not outside! I can't be seen in public like this!" As the clinic doors closed behind, Rarity overheard a collection of laughter coming from outside, followed by what she thought was Carl's voice.

"Nooooooooo!"


Rarity, now pumped with excitement with creative juices, turned to Litchi and tugged at the sleeve of her coat. "Oh this is so much fun! Ms. Litchi, might I ask that I take the lead with the next guest?"

"By all means Rarity, I've wanted to see just what you can do." Another set of party ball dropped by Litchi's sides, bursting open in a flash of confetti and streamers as she pointed at the door. "Up next is, Ragna the Bloodedge!"

The clinic door swung open again and in walked in a young man with spiky white hair wearing a red sleeved jacket and baggy black pants. He looked around the room in utter confusion. "What the hell am I doing here?"

Litchi approached him. "Now Ragna, be a good guest and come over here. My friend Rarity and I are giving you the fashion makeover you've desperately needed."

Rarity nodded. "Oh I completely agree with Ms. Litchi. Those tattered rags hanging off you are simple horrid."

"'A fashion makeover'?" Ragna turned his head down and examined his attire. "What's wrong with the way I dress?"

"Nothing dear," Rarity answered, batting her hand at him. "That is of course if you've just returned from a trek across a dessert."

"Yeah? And what if I just did?"

"Nonsense! It's time for your wardrobe change Ragna the Bloodedge. Like it or not, Ms. Litchi and I are here to give it to you."

Ragna stepped back towards the door. His hand reached back for his sword while he kept his eyes on the two fashion crazed women. "I'm outta here! No way I'm letting you two crazy bit—yaaaah!"

With the use of her magic, Rarity pulled the unruly Ragna towards the two of them. Held against his will, he was powerless to stop them as the wall of screens encased the three of them.

"Whoa! What the hell do ya think you're doing?!"

His clothes went flying over the screens as Rarity's magic took hold. "Hey! Don't just take that off!"

The light blue aura surrounding Ragna quickly began placing a new set of clothing on him. "What the hell! This isn't guy's clothes! Whoa!"

With flashes of lights going off inside the barrier of curtains, Ragna was at the aura's mercy. "Be gentle," he whimpered as the last of his outfit was placed.

With the screens lifting up, Rarity levitated the mirror in front of him and flipped her hair in confidence. "There! Now aren't you just absolutely smashing darling? "

Litchi clasped her palms together. The excitement from their work was almost too much to bear. "Rarity! This is sheer brilliance. The pinnacle of cosplay perfection! The ultimate in cross-dressing outfit!"

Ragna stared down at what the duo had slapped on him, now wishing desperately that he hadn't. He now wore a gothic gown with frills at the end along with a matching jacket. "What the eff! I look like the damn rabbit! Get this crap off me and give me back my close now!"

"What? Don't you like your outfit?"

Ragna stood with his back at the window and pointed at Litchi. "You two put me in a freaking dress! Why would I like it?!" He sighed. "At least no can one see me dressed like this."

On the other side of the window, Ragna heard the sound of a camera shuttered go off. It was quickly followed by another, then another. He turned slowly to see what was causing the series of clicks.

"Look! It's another one of those outfits from that clinic!"

"It looks magnificent, even when it's worn by that ugly girl."

"Hey!" Ragna shouted, waving his clenched fist at the growing crowd

Grabbing the mirror to hide behind, Ragna collected his clothes and ran out the door. With him gone, the gawkers made their way inside the clinic and swamped Rarity and Litchi.

"Is this the where those amazing outfits have been coming from?"

"Who is responsible for them? I especially loved the last one."

"Please, can we get more?"

From the rear of the crowd, someone was making their approach. "Alright everyone, make way, make way. Don't make me have to force my way through." The crowd remained unmoved by the man's request. "Not one of you is going to listen huh? I warned you… Serpent's Infernal Rapture!"

Rarity watched in horror as a green and black spear of light shot upwards, sending the crowding mob smashing through the ceiling and out of the way. In the aftermath of the devastation, she noticed a lone figure approach, a man dressed in a black suit with a white shirt underneath and matching black trousers. With each step of his steel topped shoes closer Rarity could sense his imposing presences get stronger. Although the way he carried himself, with his hands dug into his pockets and smile across his face, betrayed the impression she had. He took off the fedora hat he wore atop his matted green haired and introduced himself to them.

"Ladies, I take it you're the ones responsible for those outfit catching everyone's eye. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Hazama, captain of the NOL's Intelligence Department and avid fashion designer."

Litchi stared at him with a skeptic look. "Wait a minute! You? You're a fashion designer?"

"But of course. While I may hold a position in the NOL is just a farce for my true calling! The fashion world is far more engaging for my tastes. Imagine an industry that chews you up and spits you out without hesitation. Where ones dreams are put on the line and effortlessly dashed to pieces in a heartbeat. A business that leaves a trail of despair and shattered hope in its wake. What's not to like about it."

Litchi sighed at his reasoning. "Okay, that's more along the lines of your character."

Hazama tugged on the lapel of his suit. "Plus I do love me some snazzy outfits. Now then, down to business. I want to know who's responsible for those clothes. I especially loved that last one. Though who was chosen to model it may have something to do with it."

Rarity walked over and faced him. "I was the one responsible for the ensemble."

Without hesitation Hazama grabbed hold of her hand and carried her out the door. "Come! We've got work to do. I promise you that with your skill, your works will take this world by storm. The city of Kagutsuchi, scratch that, the entire world will be wearing your clothing line when I'm done!"

Litchi was left standing alone in her shop, unsure of what to make of these lightning events. As she watched the trail of dust cloud following the two running off, she couldn't shake the feeling that she had just helped create something that would engulf the world.


Sure enough, Hazama kept true to his word. Rarity's designs were such a hit that they trended in every city across the planet. Every man, women and child wore something that bore her logo on it. No one could resist her fashionista might. It was as Litchi thought. Like the Black Beast that had almost swallowed the world in darkness long ago, Rarity had managed to engulf the world in high fashion.

Let the stylish reign of the Fashionista pony from another world forever be fabulous.


Rarity, stared at the story's conclusion in bewilderment. "Wait a moment; wasn't I supposed to be looking for my friends?"