• Published 24th Jun 2014
  • 5,399 Views, 64 Comments

Twilight : Bleach - ilbgar



Chrysalis sent Twilight to another dimension, specifically, Karakura Town

  • ...
9
 64
 5,399

Home Problems

The impostor smiled as the meddlesome pony disappeared. There, that should take care of the elements of harmony and the only one who doubted her disguise in one fell swoop. She left the chapel, missing the return of said meddlesome pony less than a minute later.

Twilight looked around. "Alright, it looks like I'm back, hopefully right after I left." she closed her eyes, and tried to sense out Cadance. However, she couldn't find her old foalsitter's magic anywhere. She made the scythe that was Arcana's Shikai form appear in a burst of purple magic.

'So, shall we torture the impostor until she tells us what we want to know?' her inner Hollow asked in her mind. She was quite used to it and it's comments by now.

"No, we'll try asking, and when that doesn't work we'll threaten her with bodily harm." she answered aloud, a habit she had.

'Huh, I knew I got my 'maim-people-who-hurt-my-friends' thing from you.' Inner responded.

"Just for that, I'm going to send you to get the Elements because I know it'll be really annoying due to the overwhelming number of seals in the room specifically meant to keep entities like you from getting to them." Twilight said, forming the mask, and then letting her Holow fully manifest. She marveled at how she and her Hollow had gone from fighting for control over her body to semi-friends to this day.

Enemies becoming friends was one thing, two entities with almost incompatible moralities who had fought tooth and nail for control over their shared body and soul was another. Sure, it took years, but it had happened and now they were able to communicate at any time, unlike their zanpakutou, who they could only talk to inside their inner world, or if Twilight manifested them.

Her white counterpart glared at her, before smirking. "Evil. Looks like I've been a bad influence on you."

"I'll try to find the real Cadance, and if that doesn't work, I'm going after the fake." Twilight said, not dignifying that statement with a direct response.

Her Hollow teleported away. She closed her eyes and tried to sense out her old foalsitter's location. She'd only said the maiming thing because her Hollow wouldn't have shut up about it if she hadn't at least mentioned it. She would, however, go after the impostor to find out where Cadance was if Twilight couldn't sense out her location. She made no promises if she found out that the impostor had killed Cadance and that was why she couldn't sense her.

*** The Element's Vault: Inner Hollow's Perspective ***

Right, now that they were back, they could totally kill the impostor, and get the real Cadance back. Then they would get back at those traitors for siding with someone who offered them a better deal. There were few points of common ground between her and the Queen, but disliking traitors was one of them. The Espada who'd joined their side, Grimmjow, Harribel, Starrk, and Lillinette, had been betrayed by Aizen first. He'd used them like pawns on a chess board, so they didn't count.

She started forwards, casually forming her white version of the dark blue scythe that was both her and Queen's zanpakutou and destroying the seals and spells that were trying to impede her forward movement through sheer overload from her spiritual pressure, and the occasional delicate dismantling of an explody-looking one, unlike 'normal' Hollows she could put a delicate touch to work taking care of tripwire-like spells, like Queen. She had gotten used to being a quadruped fairly quickly, drawing on Queen's experience.

Honestly though, these seals were pathetic. They were equivalent to 50's Kido. Albeit what those Kido cast by the Captain-commander would be like. Celestia was powerful, the Hollow would give her that. She was annoyed at the sheer number of seals though. There were at least a hundred, luckily they were still far to weak to stop her even though she was only at her first release.

At this point, they had the control to revert their zanpakutou, Arcana, to her sealed state, but with their sheer amount of spiritual power, doing so almost physically hurt. Ichigo was the same, it wasn't that they couldn't, it just gave them a headache like a hangover, if they knew what a hangover felt like. Queen wouldn't drink until she reached the biological age where it was allowed. Though she was technically 27 already, having reverted to a six-year-old when she was sent to the parallel world then reached the physical age of fifteen before the war against Aizen started, then spent a couple more years there as Kisuke and Queen worked out how to get her home. The age regression was either due to the randomness of the spell used to send her, or some law of physics as of yet not understood.

Only a few more seals to go... There was a gold flash, followed a nanosecond later by a midnight blue one. "Huh, took you long enough." the Hollow remarked, she'd been wondering when these two, or at least one of them, would show up.

"Twilight?" Celestia asked, horrified. She could probably feel the malevolence and evil the Hollow emanated like body heat. Not the worst by Hollow standards, but terrifying by Equestria's standards. Humans as a whole were far more aggressive and violent than ponies.

"Nah, you're talking about the Queen. I'm the other half of her soul, but I'm not telling you any more than that." the Hollow said, surreptitiously breaking through two of the three remaining seals.

"An entity similar to the Nightmare?" Luna asked, if anything, more disturbed than her sister, probably since her previous affliction was probably pretty close to what would have happened to any of the Visored who were taken over by their Hollows.

"Well if you consider something formed out of a soul that had been torn apart by negative energy and lost it's heart, becoming an entity empty of anything and that can only act on instincts and a barely passable imitation of a heart under most circumstances, then yes." she said, before shattering the last seal while they were distracted.

"Ah, there they are." she said, slicing the vault doors open, Arcana's Shikai cutting through the thick magically-reinforced stone like tissue paper, and reaching for the box containing the elements, only to reflexively jerk her hoof back from a pair of beams, one gold and one blue, that flew past as warning shots.

"Gee, thanks for the warning shots." the Hollow sarcastically remarked. They wouldn't have gotten past her spiritual pressure, but being shot at was definitely annoying.

"Twilight, let us help you." Celestia pleaded, clearly convinced that her student was going through something similar to what Luna went through.

"Look, Twilight and I are quite literally separate entities right now. Besides, we've come to an agreement. She gives me some control, I don't try to take the rest away from her. She makes a concerted effort to keep us from dying, I beat the crap out of anyone who messes with her." the Hollow said, grabbing the box, and Sonidoing past them.

"Besides, we're a little different than Luna and Nightmare Moon, separating us could destroy us. Even if it didn't, it would be excruciating. Besides, Queen isn't any more keen on the idea than I am. If you don't believe me, come ask her yourself." the Hollow said, smirking. She teleported away. This was for putting her through this annoyance.

*** The Chapel: With Twilight ***

It took her a fair amount of time to figure out how to sense Cadance's presence in the crystal mines with all the interference, but she did it. She teleported down, grabbed Cadance, and teleported back up to the chapel. She then performed some healing Kido she'd learned from Isane and Unohana when they'd had some spare time.

The Soul Society's spells were well above most of Equestria's, and the Human World had technology far beyond theirs. This was, loathe as she was to admit it, due to humanity's aggressiveness in part, as well as their higher population. It was also due to the fact that they'd essentially been in a permanent war that flared up in intensity now and then, but was usually confined to skirmishes. War pretty much forced your side to be inventive, it helped you live longer. For some reason, Equestria had more versatility in terms of spells, but the Soul Society's more specialized spells were much better at their jobs.

She had just finished when her Hollow reappeared with the Elements in their box, well, that was one plan ready to go, and she had her backups in the works. Celestia and Luna appeared about 1.3 seconds later. She wondered if it meant there was something wrong with her if she could tell exactly how long it took for trouble to appear in her Hollow's wake. ...Probably not.

There was a moment of shocked silence. Then her Hollow turned to her. saying, "They're all yours Queen." before she began to disintegrate into dark purple energy as she rejoined her other half.

'Bastard!' she yelled in her head. This was not how she wanted to do this!

"Twilight, could you explain what's going on?" Celestia asked.

Well, how did she do this? She wasn't good at winging it. Ah, well, she'd have to explain as best she could.

"Alright, you see..."

Author's Note:

What do you think of the first chapter?