• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 847 Views, 31 Comments

Just a Little Kindness - Thunderstorm823



As a pony's life has shattered, he takes a train ride far away from the life he had once loved. Untill an accident happened, sending the train off the cliff making him fall to his death.

  • ...
2
 31
 847

Chapter Six: Clues

Chapter Six

Clues

"Alright Ace Swift..." The Detective said to himself. "Use that brain of yours."

The Detective looked at the three items that he had gotten out of the box of evidence that he had claimed from the train. "Okay, a notepad with numbers on them, a copy of his medical records, and some of the coal that the culprit had used." The Detective said to himself.

The Detective lifted the notepad with his magic and began to go through it. "Hmm... Why do you look familiar?" He asked himself, as he looked through it something changed. "Wait..." He went back a bit. "I've seen this before..."

the Detective opened a drawer and pulled out a Canterlot Newspaper and read the heading. "Factory Causes Scare." The Detective read.

He began to piece together what connected the notepad to the factory. "Wait a minute... This is Stream's calculations that almost caused the Factory to explode." He began to read through the notepad again, noticing something off. "Huh... this is interesting..."

He looked closer and began to see erase marks, something above it was in a different hoof writing. "That's weird, back a page it's all rushed and a bit sloppy and the next all neat like it was written with..." The Detective's eyes widened. "...Magic."

He then began to laugh. "Not only is the culprit trying to kill him, he's trying to ruin his life and If that's the case, I have a hunch."

The Detective set down the notepad and picked up the phone, he used his magic to put in the number that was on the Medical Reports. And the doctor had answered the phone.

"Excuse me, my name is Detective Ace and I would like to confirm a Medical Report by the name of Stream Star, it says here that he's sterile?"

"Thank you very much." The Detective hung up the phone and smiled. "Now, the coal." The Detective lifted it up and began scanning it, both with vision and magic. "This is going to take quite a while."

To scan for magic would take time and precision, if done correctly he would either get the color the unicorn's magic or a name. It all depends on how the culprit used his magic, sloppy or straight.

After about thirty minutes of analyzing it, he got what he was looking for. "Couldn't get a name but I got a color... Light Blue." He mumbled.

The Detective chuckled."Well then, better call Twilight." The Detective lifted up the phone and started to dial the number that Twilight told him to call before she left.

As Twilight answered the phone, the sound of hysterical crying was in the background. "Hello?"

"Twilight, I need you to get over here, bring Stream." The Detective informed.

Twilight sighed. "Now that's going to be a problem..."

"Why?" The Detective asked.

"Because he's gone."

"What?" The Detective asked, confused. "What do you mean he's gone?"

"He snapped again and... Well..." Twilight pulled the phone away, so The Detective could hear Fluttershy crying.

"Oh..." The Detective's eyes widened as he saw one more thing in the box, that sent an epiphany through him. "Twilight, look for him. Now."

"What? Why?" She asked.

"Because the culprit is in Ponyville, Stream is in more danger than he thinks."

"Okay, what are you going to do?" Twilight asked.

"I got to find this culprit." The Detective then hung up the phone, taking the item that he saw in the box and grabbed his coat to put it on.

He also grabbed his hat putting it on his head and with a grin he said. "Now this is where things get confusing..."

Fifteen Minutes Ago

Fluttershy's Cottage

Stream sighed as he exited the bathroom, he felt calmed and collected. He began to walk downstairs when he saw Fluttershy. "Fluttershy... W-what's wrong?" He asked.

Fluttershy shook her head, slightly looking away.

"Twilight... What are you doing here?" Stream asked, he then saw the paper on the coffee table, but didn't recognize it. "What's that?" He asked.

Twilight grabbed it with her magic and quickly hid it behind her. "Nothing!"

Stream looked at her with confusion, he then started thinking of theories. 'Maybe it's a page of the factory and Fluttershy said something.' Stream's eyes widened. 'What if they found out I was...'

"Twilight..." Stream croaked. "Are those my Medical Reports?" Stream asked. As much as he didn't want them to know, it was already hard to think about it.

Twilight looked down, then nodded softly. "I'm so sor-"

"Don't! I don't want your sympathy!" Stream snapped. "So what did you really come here for? Come to laugh at me? Just like everypony else?" Stream asked.

Twilight shook her head, she went to say something but Stream continued.

"Or did you come here to shove it in my face?" Stream asked.

"No, we didn't." Twilight said. "I know how you must fe-"

"NO!" Stream shouted. "You have NO IDEA, how I feel!" Stream closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "You don't know how it feels to know that you can't have foals, you don't know how it feels to know that you failed to be a parent you dream of being... Twilight, it hurts to think that my father must be ashamed of me. Before he died, he told me how he would miss seeing his grandchildren."

Fluttershy's jaw dropped and quivered slightly as she looked down, trying to hold back the tears but they kept flowing as she softly cried.

"Looks like he wouldn't miss anything." Stream began to struggle speaking. "You know what..." Stream walked past them to the door and opened it.

"Wait, don't go!" Fluttershy called out, tears streaming down her face.

Stream turned around halfway through the door, as much as he wanted to come back in... he just couldn't. And then he said something that he would regret saying."You should of left me to die." He said before he slammed the door behind him.

Fluttershy gasped softly as she felt so much pain, her legs began shaking, her head booming insults on how it was her fault he acted this way. She then began to cry hysterically, her legs giving away as she cover her face on the floor.

Twilight looked down, wrapping her arm around Fluttershy. "Shh... It's alright Fluttershy..."

"N-no... It's n-not..." Fluttershy cried. "I-I feel s-so bad..."

"It's not your fault..." Twilight whispered.

The phone rang and Twilight used her magic to answer it. "Hello?"


Stream walked slowly down the path to the apartments, but he took a detour. At the party, he wasn't too proud of himself at yelling at ponies that didn't deserve it. He is going to apologize to Fluttershy and Twilight later on, but first...

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Stream waited and the door to the Carousal Boutique opened.

"Hello?" A little filly answered.

"Hey... Is Rarity there?" Stream asked.

"Yeah, hang on." The filly moved away from the door. "Rarity!" She shouted.

"What is it Sweetie Belle, I'm a little-" Rarity saw Stream and stared at him. "...busy."

Stream smiled nervously. "Hey, Rarity... Look, I came here to apologize about yelling at you."

Rarity nodded. "Well, that's very nice of you to apologize, but it was still uncalled for."

Stream sighed. "Yeah yeah I know, but listen... I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate everything you have done for me. I'm sorry, and if you're still mad at me... I'll understand."

Rarity stared at him, then smiled. "Here, you said you knew Chrome Charmer?" She asked, handing him a slip of paper.

"Yeah?" Stream took the slip and read it. 'Ponyville Apartments, 21

"That's where he lives, I told you he was moving here." Rarity reminded.

Stream chuckled. "Must of forgot... Thank you."

"You're welcome, I thought it would nice for you to meet Chrome again. You sure know a lot about him."

Stream chuckled again. "Well, he IS my best friend after all."

Rarity smiled. "Have a nice night." She said, closing the door.

"You too." Stream said before the door closed.

Stream looked at the paper and smiled. "Chrome..."

Stream turned and headed towards the apartments, with a smile on his face.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

The door to the apartment opened and Chrome stood there. "Holy crap, if it isn't Stream Star. How are you?" He asked.

Stream's smile started to drift. "Not very well to be honest..." Stream sighed.

Chrome put a hoof on his shoulder. "Please, come on in." Chrome offered as he opened the door more.

Stream smiled. "Thanks." He said as he entered. "Nice place you got here." Stream complemented.

Chrome nodded. "All those years working at the factory really paid off."

"Yeah..." Stream sighed. "I'm exhausted man, is there any chance I might be able to sleep here tonight?" Stream asked.

"Of course my friend, anything for you." Chrome patted Stream on his back. "I'll tell you what, you can take my room and I'll sleep on the couch."

"Thank you... Night Chrome." Stream slowly dragged himself to the bedroom.

"Night Stream." Chrome smiled as he sat down on the couch, watching him enter the bedroom.

Stream collapsed onto the bed, shutting his eyes.


*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

As the door opened the Detective took off his hat. "Rarity?"

Rarity opened the door more. "Detective, what are you doing here?"

"I have some questions." The Detective answered.

"Sure... Come in." Rarity moved away from the door and the Detective entered, the door closing behind him.

Author's Note:

Things are starting to come together... Muahahaha! ~Enjoy