• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 852 Views, 31 Comments

Just a Little Kindness - Thunderstorm823



As a pony's life has shattered, he takes a train ride far away from the life he had once loved. Untill an accident happened, sending the train off the cliff making him fall to his death.

  • ...
2
 31
 852

Chapter Five: The Painful Truth

Chapter Five

The Party

A few days later, Stream and Fluttershy attended a party that Pinkie had started in Sugarcube Corner where everypony was invited, Stream decided it might be fun; although, he couldn't get what Rarity said to him out of his head.

"And for the record, I think you two would make such a cute couple."

After that Stream would occasionally look over at Fluttershy, it seemed as if it was the only thing that kept him going for awhile now.

"Why are you staring at Fluttershy like that?" Pinkie asked behind him.

"Ah!" Stream jumped, looking over at Pinkie. "Luna... Pinkie, don't sneak up on me like that."

"Well, sorry. I just wanted to know why you keep looking at Fluttershy."

Stream shrugged. "I don't know..." He looked back over at Fluttershy and drank from his cup. "I really don't know." Stream then stared at his drink, beginning to mix it slowly.

Pinkie then tapped his shoulder. "Don't be so glum, smile, get up and party like it's your last, I promise you you'll love it!" Pinkie then hopped back to the dance floor.

Stream sighed, finishing off his drink and asked for another.

Fluttershy noticed him sitting over there and turned her head to the side, she decided to go over there to see what was wrong. "Is everything alright Stream?" She asked calmly.

Stream turned to her and smiled. "Yeah... I'll be okay."

Fluttershy then sat next to him. "What is it?" She asked.

Stream shrugged. "Well, to be honest... I didn't really have such good luck a few weeks back, including the train crash and ruptured spleen."

Stream sighed, ready to finally work up to what he did. "Remember Rarity telling you about a factory almost blowing up in Canterlot?" Stream asked.

Fluttershy nodded slightly.

"That was my fault..." Stream confessed.

Fluttershy slightly gasped. "What happened?" She asked.

Stream nodded. "I messed up on my calculations... I could've sworn nothing was wrong with it when I tested it..."

"I'm so sorry..." Fluttershy whispered, rubbing his back.

"I lost everything, I lost my job, my house, I lost so much... And that's when I decided to move to Ponyville." Stream explained, he didn't want to mention he had a wife.

"Is there anything I can do?" Fluttershy asked.

Stream shook his head. "You've done enough, and I appreciate all that you have done for me." Stream smiled, looking down slightly. "Fluttershy... I was wonder if-"

He was cut off by the sound of a thud and a loud scream from a mare, they both turned in shock. A mare was on the floor, her hooves covering her face. Stream saw the stallion that stood above the mare, the stallion's face burned red hot with rage as he screamed at her. "What in Tartarus is wrong with you!?"

Stream stared at what was happening, his hooves gripping the counter. "Excuse me..." He said to Fluttershy before he stood up.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Twilight shouted.

The stallion turned to her. "Shut up Princess Bitch!"

"Honey, please stop!" The mare on the ground cried.

Stream stood a few feet away while the stallion was screaming with a passion that Stream had never seen before. "You too whore. Is that how you're going to act towards me?! You don't EVER-"

Stream cut him off. "Hey!" The stallion turned to Stream. "What are you doing?" Stream asked.

"Non of your business!" The stallion shouted.

Stream put his hoof down. "So what if it's not my business? You just hit somepony you bucker!" Stream shouted back.

The stallion growled as he stomped up to Stream, going up face to face with him. "You starting something with me colt?" The stallion asked. "Cause I'll buck your ass up!"

"Like that's going to make a difference." Stream took a step forward towards him, staring him directly in the eye, letting him know he wasn't afraid.

"And what are you going to do about it? Come on, hit me you coward!" The stallion shouted.

Stream shook his head. "I'm not going to do that cause I'm not a self..." Stream leaned in closer "...Centered." and closer. "...Jackass."

The stallion looked directly into Stream's eyes with more rage then he let on, but Stream didn't budge. "This isn't over kid." And just like that, the stallion shoulder bumped him as he headed towards the front door. "I'd watch your back if I were you." The stallion warned before leaving.

"Asshole..." Stream looked over at the mare, he went over and leaned down. "Are you alright?" Stream asked.

The mare looked up at him, she then pulled him into a hug and she bawled into his shoulder. "Shh.... It's okay..." He whispered. "He's gone..."

Stream pulled away from the hug. "Listen... talk to somepony that could help you, somepony that could help you get away from that stallion."

The mare nodded her head. "T-thank you..." She stuttered.

Stream nodded, then stood up and looked around the room to see all eyes looking at him. "So that's it huh? One pony actually stood up to that guy while the rest of you just sat there?" Stream sighed shaking his head. "What a load of horse shit..." He mumbled, making his way back to his seat. "Sorry about that, want a drink?" He asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy stared at him with awe. "S-sure..." She stuttered.

The party began to start again, starting to forget what happened. Just making it seem like it had never did, making Stream a little bit more mad. "Who was that anyway?" He asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy opened her mouth to speak but somepony else did.

"It was the Mayor's nephew." A voice spoke, Stream gulped, recognizing the voice. "Hello Stream."

Stream closed his eyes with a slight groan as he looked down. "I thought you moved to Fillydelphia?"

"Well, It wasn't what I thought it was."

Stream turned around meeting the gaze of his Ex-Wife. "Well Heart, it's been awhile."

Heart nodded. "Well, it has been a few weeks. I think it was really nice what you did back there."

Stream shrugged. "Well somepony had to do something."

She looked over at Fluttershy with a smile. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your new friend?" She asked.

Stream nodded. "Heart this is Fluttershy, Fluttershy... this is my Ex-Wife Heart." He said.

Fluttershy politely waved, but on the inside she was confused.

Heart smiled. "Well I got to get going, and Stream..." Heart leaned in close to his ear, and whispered. "It was nice seeing you again..."

Stream stared across the room, then nodded. "Yeah..."

Heart simply nodded goodbye and walked away.

Fluttershy looked over at Stream, curiosity got the better of her. "Why didn't you mention you had a wife?" She asked.

"Because ponies would start asking questions and I don't want to talk about it." He rubbed his eyes slightly, chugging down his drink.

Fluttershy shuddered a little, as much as she wanted to know she kept to herself. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to ask..."

Stream put a hoof up. "It's alright... just stay out of it." He said. "Mrs. Cake, just bring me the bottle."

After that moment, Fluttershy noticed the pain in his eyes, seeing it start to water but also wanted to keep it hidden. The life that had been thrown away, causing her to stand up and back away slowly. "I... I..." She stuttered. "I'll see you at the cottage." She rushed out of the building, leaving Stream alone.

Stream sighed, until Rarity walked. "What was that all abou-"

"DON'T!" Stream snapped, gripping the table slightly.

Rarity jumped back slightly. "Are you alrigh-"

"I SAID DON'T!" Stream shouted, standing up. "JUST STOP ASKING, I'M FINE DAMN IT!"

Stream got frustrated and stormed out of Sugarcube Corner, leaving everypony in surprise.

Stream headed back to the cottage, he didn't see Fluttershy anywhere. He also didn't hear the slight crying coming from Fluttershy's room. Stream closed his eyes and sighed. He headed to the bathroom and shut the door behind him, taking a nice hot bath to calm his nerves.

Back at the party, Rarity sat down while watching the door. "He... yelled at me..." She said. "In other words, screamed."

"He didn't mean to, he just snapped, that's it." Twilight said.

Rarity looked down. "Well, it's about time this party ended, I'm going to go ahead and head back to the Boutique if you need me."

Twilight nodded. "Bye Rarity." as she began to leave herself, Twilight thought of something. 'The detective has a box of stuff that belongs to Stream, maybe I could get one of them and bring it back to him, might make him feel better.' She thought to herself.

Twilight sighed, as she exited Sugarcube Corner as did everypony else. The party didn't seem that fun anymore and there might not be another one for quite a while.

Twilight made her way over to the Detective's office and entered. "Ace, can I ask for a favor?"

The Detective sat down at his desk and smoked from the pipe. "What is it Princess?"

"Stream had this mental breakdown and I was wondering if he had any stuff that I could give him back that would make him feel better." Twilight explained.

The Detective shrugged, searching through the box. "I don't think any of this stuff would make him feel better, I mean look at these medical reports...." The detective used his magic to get Twilight a copy of the medical reports. "I feel bad for the poor stallion."

Twilight scanned through the paper and then gasped.

"Listen, it's about time I started going over the evidence again, you can have that paper, It's just a copy." The Detective said.

"Well, what do I do with this?" Twilight asked.

"Do whatever you want, I got evidence to analyze, I think I might be getting somewhere." The Detective used his magic to lift some items from the box and onto his desk.

"Okay, call Fluttershy's house when you figure something out." Twilight informed.

The Detective nodded as Twilight rushed out of his office and over to Fluttershy's house.

The Detective looked at the items and sighed. "Well, let's get started..."

Twilight galloped up to Fluttershy's front door, and she knocked on it over and over, beginning to walk in place from losing patience. "Come on, Fluttershy..." She knocked on the door again until Fluttershy answered.

Fluttershy had her face covered with her hair, and it looked like she had been crying. "Oh... Hey... *Sniff* Twilight..." Fluttershy put on a fake smile.

"Oh Fluttershy..." Twilight saw passed the fake smile and pulled Fluttershy into a hug.

Fluttershy cried softly. "What are you doing here...?"

Twilight pulled out of the hug and walked into her cottage. "Because I think I know why Stream became so upset." She used her magic to hand Fluttershy the medical reports.

Fluttershy began reading through it and gasped, looking up at Twilight. She finally knew the painful truth about why Heart divorced Stream, and it wasn't good.

Twilight set the paper on Fluttershy's coffee table. "It's his medical records, Fluttershy... He's sterile."

Author's Note:

OH SNAP! More drama! Will I ever stop!? XD

P.S if you don't know what sterile means, it just means you can't have kids. ~Enjoy