• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 2,554 Views, 124 Comments

Love, Equestria Style - Bluecatcinema



A selection of romantic stories from the world of Equestria

  • ...
4
 124
 2,554

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

(This takes place a while after "Growing Pains")

Hearts and Hooves Day had come again. But not just any Hearts and Hooves Day; This was the thousandth anniversary of the holiday, so to celebrate, a massive party was being held in the gardens of Canterlot Castle, with any and all couples invited.

It seemed like every couple in Equestria had indeed answered the summons. Twilight Sparkle and her friends had all come, along with their husbands and offspring (many of whom had brought their own special someponies), as did Spitfire and Soarin', and the whole royal extended family was in attendance.

"A pleasure to see you, as always, Twilight." Celestia smiled. "How are you and Flash doing?"

"Wonderful, thanks." Twilight smiled.

"Yep." Flash nuzzled her. "Nearly twenty-five years, and still going strong."

"That'll be us one day, cherry blossom." Shine told Celestia.

"Of that, I have no doubt." Celestia grinned.

"I only wish my mom and dad could be here." Shine smiled softly, as he pulled out his locket, and opened it to look at the picture. "They would had loved you and Miracle…"

"Wherever your parents are now, I'm sure they're proud of you, and know how happy you are." Celestia assured.

"Thanks, cherry blossom." Shine smiled.

They shared a kiss, but got their necklaces tangled. They laughed heartedly as they untangled themselves.

Meanwhile, Dusk and his wife Dazzle were getting refreshments. After an engagement lasting nearly two years, they had finally tied the knot, and Dazzle was currently pregnant. At the moment, she was satiating her cravings with hors d'oeuvres. Just then, their friends Crab Apple and Honeysuckle joined them.

"Hey, guys." Crab smiled.

"Hi!" Honeysuckle beamed.

"Well, you two look pretty happy." Dusk noted. "What's going on?"

"Crab proposed!" Honeysuckle squealed, showing off a new wing ring.

"Oh, congratulations!" Dazzle gasped.

"Took you long enough, pal." Dusk jabbed Crab.

"I was waitin' for the right moment." Crab shrugged. "And I found it."

"You don't hear me complaining." Honeysuckle nuzzled Crab.

"Looks like you'll be joining the married club soon." Dazzle smiled. "Maybe even the parent club..."

"Yeah, maybe..." Crab blushed.

"Who's to say?" Honeysuckle shrugged nervously.

In another area of the gardens, the Napoleon brothers and their mares were gathered, celebrating Lars' recent engagement to Lyra.

"Congrats, bro!" Vinny cheered.

"Proposing while at a bar?" Sonny noted. "Not quite what I expected from Mr. Smarty-Hooves..."

"Yeah, the bar scene is usually Vinny's gimmick." Murray pointed out.

"Well, I didn't want to overwhelm my lady by my kind of proposal…" Lars smirked.

"Yeah, like having it carved in a mountain! Via magic lasers no less!" Salt asked.

"Yeah, though the proposal had a weird ending…'Lyra Heartsrings, will you marry Aaauuuggghhh...'" Caboose frowned. "That carver should have stuck to the script..."

"Uh, Caboose, dear, he was having a heart attack." Daring pointed out.

"Then why would he bothered to carve Aaauuuggghhh? He could have just said it." Caboose stammered.

"He was probably trying to call for help." Daring told him.

"Help carving?" Caboose frowned. "Isn't that his job?"

"Never change, Caboose." Daring rolled her eyes.

"Why would I?" Caboose asked.

"Exactly." Daring kissed.

"I don't quite know what just happened, but I love you too." Caboose kissed her back.

"It won't be long before another of us has a 'hyphen-Napoleon' added to their name." The Mayor chuckled.

"Wonder who'll be next to officially join our little family..." Murray mused.

"Me, I hope." Vinyl nuzzled against Slot. "Any time now, Slot..."

"I'm, uh... I'm workin' on it!" Slot blushed.

"Well, you might want to work on it a little harder… at the rate Salt and Redheart go at it every so often, Salt might be ready to propose to her any day now." Sonny joked.

"Hey, physical intimacy is 70 percent of every relationship. Without that, it's really not a relationship, right, babe?" Salt turned to Redheart with a sly grin.

"Oh, you…" Redheart playfully shoved Salt.

"Congratulations, little brother." Grimoire smiled.

"Thanks, Grim." Lars beamed. "I'm just glad Lyra said 'yes'."

"Like I could ever say 'no'!" Lyra smirked, as she kissed Lars. "Not to a stallion like you..."

"I'm happy for you, Lyra." Bon-Bon smirked. "I just know that me and Sonny will be coming up shortly… right, honey?" She smiled adoringly at Sonny.

"R-right." Sonny stuttered. "I'm working on the perfect proposal as my speak."

"That's my guy." Bon-Bon kissed him.

"There is something about this family, this is true." Zecora smiled. "To have so many mares want to be a part of you."

"We have excellent taste, that is also true." Grimoire replied. "How else would I have ended up with you?"

"A poet you be." Zecora chuckled. "Now, kiss me."

The two locked lips.

Meanwhile, Sleight and Chrysalis wandered through the crowd, mingling merrily. To their surprise, they crossed paths with Trixie and Smoke.

"Well, surprise, surprise." Sleight smiled. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"Sleight, how are you?" Trixie grinned.

"Great." Sleight replied. "Just ask Chrys."

"A pleasure to see you again." Chrysalis nodded.

"You too, your highness." Smoke bowed.

"Not a bad party, eh?" Sleight looked.

"I suppose so." Trixie shrugged. "It's missing a little something..."

"I got an idea." Sleight declared. "How about we put on one of our classic shows, liven things up a little, just like old times?"

"You're on!" Trixie beamed.

"You don't mind, do you, Chrys?" Sleight asked.

"Of course not." Chrysalis shook her head.

"To be honest, I've always wondered what you were like back in the day." Smoke told Trixie.

"Well then, get ready to learn." Trixie smiled.

Trixie and Sleight walked in front of the crowd.

"Ladies and gentleponies!" Sleight announced. "Prepare yourselves for the amazing talents of Sleight the Mystifying and Extraordinary..."

"And the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Trixie finished.

The crowd's interest was piqued. Sleight and Trixie went into their classic act. They started with basic, like vanishing, and Sleight making animals out of his cards. Then they moved on to the big tricks. Sleight created a whirlwind of cards around them. As the whirlwind died down, the two seemed to have vanish. Then, in a puff of blue smoke, they were back, standing atop a card version of Canterlot castle.

After that, came the grand finale. Sleight created a giant heart out of cards, only for Trixie to light it aflame. As soon as the burning heart dissipated into smoke and steam, the crowd cheered.

"Still got it, huh?" Sleight smiled.

"Sure do." Trixie nodded. "I've forgotten how amazing you were..."

"And I've forgotten how incredible you were..." Sleight declared.

The two stood there, staring longingly into each others' eyes.

"Ah-hem!" Chrysalis cleared her throat.

"Oh, hey, Chrys." Sleight stiffened up, blushing. "What did you think of the show?"

"Very... eye-catching." Chrysalis declared.

"So that was you two back in the day, huh?" Smoke asked, "Man, you were quite a team back then."

"Yeah." Trixie chuckled, casting a sympathetic glance at Sleight. "But like they say, you can't go back..."

"And we wouldn't want to." Sleight nodded, as he kissed Chrysalis.

"What he said." Trixie nuzzled Smoke.

Around a quiet corner, Salt and Redheart were having a bit of a makeout session, away from both his brothers and their mares' prying eyes.

"Oh, man, Red… you have no idea how long I had been waiting for this." Salt gasped between kisses.

"Yeah… nothing like the holidays to get you in the Heart and Hooves' spirits, right, Salty?" Redheart purred.

"Dang straight. If there is anything I love more than hoofball and beating the crud out of thugs… it is lovin' my gal." Salt chuckled seductively, loosening his tie.

"That's what I love about you." Redheart grinned. "Your poetic soul."

Salt captured Redheart's mouth in another passionate kiss… only to be found by none other than Apple Polisher (Taller and more defined then he was in his youth) and with him, a green mare with an orange mane, blue eyes, and palm tree Cuti Mark. As soon as the two found them, Salt backed off of Redheart and quickly fixed his tie, trying to hide his blush as did Redheart.

"Oops!" Polisher gulped. "Sorry, we didn't know you were there!"

"No prob, kid, I- hey, I remember you." Salt realized. "You're that apple vendor from Ponyville."

"That I am." Polisher nodded, "Long time no see… Salt, was it?"

"Of course… and who's this pretty little card?" Salt grinned, turning to the mare next to Polisher, "If I didn't know any better, it seems like my advice worked."

"I'm Tropics." Tropics smiled, "Me and Po went to school together. One day, he asked me out, and I went for it. Didn't know I had you to thank for it."

"Nice to meet you." Redheart declared.

"I always hoped I'd have the chance to thank you for helping me that day." Polisher grinned, putting a hoof around his marefriend. "And here it is: Thanks!"

"You're welcome, kid. It's like I said: a mare loves a stallion with confidence." Salt nodded… before realizing something. "Come to think of it, I never got to tell you what I meant when I said 'mares will do anything'." He then wrapped a hoof around his mare, prompting her to blush. "Would you like me to fill you in?"

"No thanks." Polisher declined politely yet awkwardly. "I'd prefer to go my own route with Tropics."

"Eh, suit yourself." Salt shrugged, as he then glanced seductively at Redheart, "Now, where were we?"

"Right here." Redheart pulled Salt for more kissing.

Polisher and Tropics slowly walked away.

"I have to say, he's not as wise I remember..." Polisher declared.

Elsewhere, Vinny and Berry were strolling down a street…

"Ah, I love festivals…it is one of many events where you are free to drink as much booze as you wish and be considered as the life of the party…" Vinny mused.

"That's my idea of heaven." Berry declared.

"Mine, too." Vinny smiled.

It was then that they ran into Braeburn and Strongheart.

"Oh, hey there." Vinny declared.

"Hello." Braeburn tipped his hat. "You here for the H&H party?"

"We sure are." Berry nodded.

"Us too." Strongheart declared.

"Hey, I think I know you two…Mayor Braeburn and Chief Strongheart from Appleloosa, right?" Vinny guessed.

"That'll be us!" Braeburn smirked.

"And you two are here… together?" Vinny asked with a raised brow, "As a couple?"

"Well, yeah." Strongheart nodded with a blush, "After the peace treaty between our two tribes, Braeburn and I got to know each other... quite well."

"Yep." Braeburn smiled. "Real well, actually."

"Oh, how sweet, isn't it, Vinny?" Berry smiled.

Vinny remained silent for a moment.

"A pony and a buffalo? Together? As a couple?" Vinny frowned.

"Got a problem with interspecies relations, pardner?" Braeburn glared.

"Oh, no." Vinny shook his head. "It's just... not something you see every day. A dragon and pony, for sure, but a pony and a buffalo?"

"Well, I'll admit, it does seem rather odd." Braeburn tipped his hat, "But I guess love works in strange ways."

"Besides, it's what does it matter what we are on the outside?" Strongheart declared. "What matters is the love we have on the inside."

"She has a point." Berry told Vinny.

"I guess so." Vinny nodded. "Good luck to the both of you…"

"Thank ya kindly." Braeburn nodded. "C'mon Heart, let's get us some refreshments."

"Coming, dear." Strongheart smiled.

"I always thought he was gay." Vinny frowned. "Guess I owe a thousand bits... to Caboose."

In another part of town, after more congratulations were extended to Lars and Lyra, Slot and Vinyl were taking a romantic stroll.

"So, Vinyl, babe… how you think I should do my mane?" Slot asked, rubbing his mane, restored from being burned off by Sonny. "I mean, I always loved the slick bangs that made me look bad-flank… but then again, the buzz cut look made me look professional."

"I dunno, Slot… that buzz cut look made you look like a psychopathic serial killer." Vinyl admitted, "Not that it ain't hot or anything…but it kinda creeped me out."

"Well, killing is part of my talent. I wasn't called Manslaughter for nothing." Slot chuckled.

"I always thought it was because you were into heavy metal." Vinyl shrugged.

"Eh, I dabble a bit." Slot sighed, "I am more of a rock-"

Slot ran smack dab into a blue box blocking their path.

"What the...?" Slot frowned, rubbing his face, "Who the heck placed a blue box in the middle of a street?"

Doctor Whooves and Derpy then ran by.

"Ah, there it is!" Doctor Whooves smiled, as he turned to Derpy, "I told ya I haven't lost it!"

"Well, there's a first time for everything, Doc." Derpy giggled.

"Is this yours?" Slot frowned, pointing at the box. "Mind moving it outta the way? Because I have low tolerance for roadblocks."

"Somepony's pushy, isn't he?" Derpy frowned.

"It isn't you. Slot just… has a unique way of expressing his anger." Vinyl rolled her eyes.

"Well, hang on." Dr. Whooves declared, opening the box, as he then gestured to Derpy, "Ladies first."

"Thank you." Derpy nodded, giving a nuzzle to the doctor as she entered the box, soon followed by the doctor.

"Bye!" Derpy waved.

"Bye?" Vinyl asked. "What's she talking about?"

There was a grinding, whooshing noise…

"Allonsy!" Doctor Whooves declared.

And just like that, the box vanished, leaving Slot and Vinyl stupefied.

"...I did not just see that." Slot declared.

"Neither did I..." Vinyl agreed.

Meanwhile, Big McIntosh and Cheerilee were gazing at the stars together.

"What a beautiful night." Cheerilee sighed.

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"And such wonderful company." Cheerilee nuzzled her husband.

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded.

"Enough talk." Cheerilee pulled Big Mac into a kiss.

Not too far away, Rarity and Orion were enjoying the sights.

"Canterlot seems even better than I remember." Orion declared.

"Oh, really?" Rarity asked. "How so?"

"Because you're here with me." Orion beamed.

"Who can argue with that logic?" Rarity nuzzled him.

Meanwhile, Blueblood was on one of the castle balconies with Dusty.

"There was a time when I considered a simple pleasure like this beneath me." Blueblood declared. "Thanks to you, I've come to see so many things differently."

"Oh, you give me too much credits, Blue." Dusty smiled, "All I did was motivating you to become a better pony… though I fear I might had overdone it a little when you tried to strangle Nalik."

"Well, for you, I would murder the world." Blueblood smiled, "That's Penny Dreadful by the way. I love you so much, Dusty."

"I love you too." Dusty snuggled against him.

Down below, Pinkie Pie and Berry Fizzy were the life of the party, whipping the crowd into a frenzy. Rainbow Dash and Thunder Clap was among the ones really getting into it. Pinkie had been hired to organize the party, and had done a top-notch job as usual.

"Best! Party! Ever!" Pinkie cheered.

"Thanks to the best party planner ever." Cherry smiled.

"Aww!" Pinkie hugged him. "You're the best husband ever!"

Up above, Rainbow and Thunder were performing an aerial breakdancing duet.

"This is how ya do it!" Rainbow cheered.

"That's my girl!" Thunder chuckled, pulling her in close.

They kissed passionately, the crowd cheering them on.

Not all ponies were so deeply into the party spirit. Some, like Applejack and Caramel, and Fluttershy and Forrest were lounging about the garden.

"Now this is what I call a romantic moment." Caramel sighed.

"Boy howdy." Applejack agreed, pecking him on the nose.

"It's so peaceful here." Fluttershy whispered.

"The better for us to enjoy each other's company." Forrest wrapped her in his wings.

On one of the clouds overlooking the gardens, Soarin and Spitfire were enjoying each others' company.

"Got you a drink, babe." Soarin' offered Spitfire a glass.

"Thanks, hon." Spitfire imbibed the liquid... then immediately spat it out. "Is that a 'recurring gag'?!"

"Gotcha!" Soarin' teased.

Spitfire leapt at Soarin', playfully attacking him.

"Okay, I give!" Soarin' chuckled.

"Yeah, you do." Spitfire kissed him.

Mist and Blue Blazes, and Constell and Luxury had opted for a quiet time by the fountain, enjoying some punch.

"A toast." Mist declared. "To all of us finding love, to Blue Blazes' new bar, and Luxury passing law school."

"That's my clever beau." Constell nuzzled against Luxury.

"Thanks, darling." Luxury beamed, kissing her on the cheek..

"Great toast, Mist." Blue held up a bottle. "More punch?"

"From you, my handsome bartender? Definitely." Mist grinned. "How about a little pucker, too?"

"You got it." Blue kissed her.

Meanwhile, Big Red and Cherry Jubilee were strolling through the gardens. Big Red picked a night flower and gave it to her.

"Fer you, pretty lady." He smiled.

"Oh, Red." Cherry blushed. "When I'm with you, I feel twenty years younger."

"Same here, darlin'." Big Red nuzzled her.

Luna and Gothic were standing another balcony, watching all the ponies below.

"How wonderful." Luna smiled. "To think, there was once a time when I feared nopony liked my night."

"I always did." Gothic smiled, "And I will never stop loving it."

"I know." Luna chuckled. "And for that, I shall reward you."

Luna kissed Gothic deeply.

Meanwhile, Sazh and Wizel, having joined Sleight and Chrysalis, were enjoying the celebration. While Wizel was off doing his own things, Sazh walked around, seeing couples doing romantic things together. For a Changeling like him, it was like being at an endless buffet.

"My, there is a lot of love here." Sazh sighed, almost intoxicated by the levels of romance. If he were to eat any more love, he would go into a love-induced coma and die of love poisoning.

Wizel came by, with none other than Aloe and Lotus, the spa ponies from Ponyville, his hooves on both of their shoulders.

"Look who I found!" He smiled. "These lovely ladies tell me they'd like to get to know us Changelings a bit better! Care to join us?"

"I, uh..." Sazh gulped.

"This one is cute." Aloe smiled. "He will be mine, I think."

"Th-thanks." Sazh blushed as Aloe took his hoof.

"I have a feeling this is going to be a very entertaining evening…" Wizel mused.

On another balcony, Shining Armor and Cadance looked down on the festivities.

"Isn't it amazing?" Shining smiled. "So many couples down there..."

"And all of them in love." Cadance sighed. "As the princess of love, I couldn't be happier."

"And as your husband, I couldn't be happier." Shining kissed her. "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day, darling."

"And you too, my love." Cadance beamed. "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day to everypony, in fact."

The End.

Comments ( 17 )

:yay: Everyone finds true love in the end

This was a great story to read. I'm sad though. I think we reached the end of this series. It has been wonderful. Good luck with future stories.

Wizel and Sazh are two lucky bastards!

I wonder who will be the next history?

4839620 I think you're forgetting someone...
31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5fkhhzG0r1qc5ffho1_1280.png

This guy for example.

No seriously...
31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5fkhhzG0r1qc5ffho1_1280.png
WHY IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA'S BEARD DOES HE NOT HAVE A STORY ABOUT SPIKE FINDING LOVE? ALL WE HAVE IS A CHAPTER ABOUT HIS HEART BREAK.

4841980 Oh...about that... :twilightsheepish:

When bluecat sent me the chapter to edit/add to it, I did suggest adding a scene between Spike and somepony else, but bluecatcinema reasoned that somepony would need to look after the castle in Ponyville, so his part was cut.

But do not fret, there might be a chapter for him in the next story.

4841971 A sacrifice for the greater good
those that end up alone are necessary to ensure the rest find love

4843869 that...may actually be a good enough reason. Alright, i'm still unhappy about this, but less.

4842500 Alright, as long as Equestria's punching bag gets some love i'm okay.

4844355 If he could find love to that would be great though,he definitely deserves it

4844357

Maybe a female dragon

4846555 Bluecat does like his/her OC's. I thnk he/she could create a female dragon character.

4849703 4846555 4844715

Okay, everyone, I figure I should let you know that me and blue had already decided who would be with Spike...I am not going to tell you who, but I will say that it is an OC that already exists in this verse.

You will know who that OC is during the course of the next story.

4851378
You know. i'm thinking the next history will be something like parents
Dusk and Dazzle is going to have a child, Caboose and Daring as well, Zecora is now Dusty's mom
Somethong i figured out, but maybe i'm wrong

5141269 Exactly how it's spelt.

5378061 It's called "Flutterheart". You can find it by looking at my stories list.

5991182 I have no plans at the moment. What kind of story would you write?

Login or register to comment