• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 3,983 Views, 61 Comments

Summer of Spike - Wildcard25



School's out and the sun is shining for Spike and his friends as it's Summer vacation

  • ...
11
 61
 3,983

Laser Tag

One day at Spike's place, the boy was at his computer checking out stuff, until he heard his cellphone beep. He checked his messages and saw a new text from Puck.

"Wonder what's up?" Spike asked himself, as he opened up the new message.

'Spike, me and the guys are gonna try that new laser tag game at the arcade. Wanna come and check it out?'

Spike pondered on it, "Hmm, laser tag sounds like a lot of fun. All right." he typed in a response claiming, 'I'll be there.'

He grabbed his skateboard and walked out of his room. Upon entering the living room, he saw the girls there relaxing. Applejack seeing Spike with his board spoke up, "Hey, Spike. Where ya off to?"

"I'm heading for the arcade. Puck says they got this new laser tag game that's all the rage, apparently."

"I heard of that, too," Rainbow agreed, "You guys will have a blast with that."

"Right. Well, I'll catch you all later." Spike said.

"Have fun!" Pinkie called.

"And try not to stay out too late!" Twilight added, as Spike went out the door.

Soon Spike was skateboarding to the arcade. When he reached it he saw Puck, Featherweight, Pip, Koda, and Dante waiting for him.

"Spike!" the guys cheered.

"Sup, my brothers." Spike greeted them, as he got off his board and picked it up.

"Nice to see you made it." Koda said.

"Wouldn't have missed it," Spike answered, as he saw no sign of his older bud, "Twistin' ain't here?"

"He said he met someone, and couldn't make it." Featherweight explained.

"That Twistin'." Spike chuckled.

"So it looks like it's just us." Pip said.

"Well, come on ladies, let's do it!" Puck cheered, as the six entered the arcade.

They applied for usage of the laser tag room, and were even given vests and fake laser guns. Each one was escorted to a separate door where they appeared in different corners in the huge dark room designed like another planet's surface along with pillars and walls to make the game a challenge. Above the room was a large four sided screen that randomly showed certain spots in the maze the players could use to their advantage.

"Welcome, players, to Planet Laser!" An announcer's voice called from speakers, "Your mission to eliminate your opponents until you're the last man standing! Start your lasers!" the boys held their lasers, and were prepared to engage, "Go!" And so the boys set off into the labyrinth with one thing in mind. To Win!

Featherweight was creeping around while remaining against a wall so not to stick out, "All right, Featherweight, time for you to shine." he looked up at the screen hoping to spot one of the guys in a position close to him. When he saw Koda appear one the screen, and saw from his surroundings where he was, "Gotcha." he smirked, as he snuck around making sure to not leave himself opened.

He finally peeked around a corner and saw Koda, also creeping along to find one of the others. Featherweight aimed his laser and started shooting for Koda.

Upon hearing the shots, Koda quickly ducked around a corner, and peaked around seeing Featherweight shooting for him, "Oh, so that's how you want it, huh, Featherweight?" he started shooting for him as well.

Both players made sure to keep their vests out of sight from the lasers, "I need to get closer, but I can't expose myself." Featherweight said, until he spotted some cover and jumped to it.

Koda was concerned when Featherweight stopped firing on him. He looked up at the monitor and saw where the other players were such as Puck dodging shots from Dante like his life depended on it, and Spike getting Pip in the back causing his vest to glow signaling his elimination from the game.

"There goes Pipsqueak." Koda sighed seeing only five including him remains.

Suddenly he was getting shot at again, and saw Featherweight was behind him, "Whoa! How'd you get behind me?"

"I'm ninja." Featherweight smirked.

"Yeah, right you obviously found a path that led you to around me." Koda called it, as he started shooting back while making sure to keep covered.

"Nevertheless, you're going down!" Featherweight called, as he continued to fire on Koda, while running for him.

Koda shot at Featherweight and almost got his vest, only for for his opponent to nail his vest, "No!" Koda cried.

"Oh, yeah!" Featherweight called in victory, only to realize his own vest was hit from behind. He spun and saw Spike who disappeared into the maze, "Oh, darn it!" he grumbled.

Spike seeing Koda, Featherweight, and Pipsqueak were eliminated knew all he had left was Dante and Puck, and they certainly weren't going down without a fight. He snuck around, while taking glances at the monitor but saw no sign of them, meaning they were in a blind spot.

'All right, Spike, keep it together. Once they're out you win.' he thought to himself.

Puck meanwhile was hiding behind some cover to catch his breath after escaping Dante, 'Ok, no more playing around. I'm gonna win this.' he thought, before getting back in the game.

Dante was leaning against a wall while peeking out from around a corner, 'No sign of them. I'm gonna have to step out of hiding to draw them out. Puck doesn't worry me, the only one who concerns me is Spike. No matter, time to go.' he stepped out into the open and surveyed the scene while hearing nothing.

From different corners, both Spike and Puck were eyeing Dante's location, and were waiting for him to lower his guard so they could attack. When both saw Dante looked his his guard was dropped both opened fire on him, but Dante who has lured them into a false sense was dodging from both sides and evaded their shots. One of Spike's shots despite missing Dante managed to nail Puck's vest.

"No!" Puck cried at his elimination.

Spike seeing Dante take cover called out, "It's you and me now, Dante!"

Dante while hiding called back, "May the best man win!"

Their eliminated friends who were lying up against the walls closest to where they were each eliminated could only wait until one of them would win.

Spike and Dante were running, hiding, and dodging all through the maze determined to come out on top. Both were each hiding behind a pillar, while waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

'Wait for it.' Spike thought.

'Wait for it.' Dante thought as well.

"NOW!" they called, as they both jumped out from their hiding spots and started shooting like maniacs.

Finally with one sharp shoot, Spike's laser nailed Dante's vest thus eliminating him from the game, "No!" Dante called.

"Congratulations, challenger!" the announcer on the speaker called, "You are our winner!" Spike looked up on the monitor seeing his image appear with the title winner below him.

"Victory!" Spike raised his arms up.

After their game, they were at the snack bar of the arcade having an frozen drink, "That was some game." Puck said, as he had his drink.

"No kidding." Featherweight agreed.

"I'm sure Twistin' would've loved it." Koda said.

"For real." Pipsqueak nodded.

"We all put up a good challenge." Spike said.

"Especially you guys." Puck told Spike and Dante.

"How were you guys able to avoid getting caught like that?" Pip inquired.

"We thank our skills in parkour." Dante answered.

"That's being ninja." Spike smirked at Featherweight who cringed.

"Hey, buddies!" a voice called, as they saw Twistin' approach.

"Twistin', what's up?" Spike asked.

"Things are great, Spike. Things are great. So how'd your laser tag challenge go?" he asked, as he sat in their booth.

"It was awesome." Featherweight answered.

"Spike won." Pipsqueak said.

"All right my man!" Twistin' cheered, as he ruffled Spike's head, and the boy laughed.

"And I came in second." Dante noted.

"Congrats you guys." Twistin' congratulated them.

"So Twistin', how'd your date go?" Puck inquired.

"Fabulous. This girl is an absolute doll." he explained.

"What's her name?" Koda wondered.

"Well, her name's Adagio Dazzle." he answered.

"Adagio Dazzle?" Puck asked, "Sounds like a dazzling name." the boys laughed.

"It is, and she's got the voice of a goddess," Twistin' put in, before motioning to Pip, Koda, and Dante, "And guys, she's got two more friends if any of you are looking for a relationship."

Koda blushed at the offer, while Dante was unsure, but Pip looked interested enough, "Really?" Pip asked.

"Yeah. Maybe one day I can introduce you guys to them. They like to do musical numbers at multiple cafes in town."

"They sing?" Spike asked.

"Uh-huh, and when they sing it's like hypnotism." Twistin' bore a look of delight.

"Like the lure of a siren?" Featherweight asked.

"Precisely. Except these sirens don't kill you."

"Well, things turned out well today," Pip began, "We had a good laser tag game, and Twistin's got a new girlfriend."

"Round them up," Spike says, as he and the boys gathered up their drinks, while Twistin' pretended to hold one, "To a great day!"

"Cheers!" they put their drinks together before drinking them only to receive brain freeze, much to their misfortune.