• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 3,988 Views, 61 Comments

Summer of Spike - Wildcard25



School's out and the sun is shining for Spike and his friends as it's Summer vacation

  • ...
11
 61
 3,988

Fourth of July

At the convenience store, Spike and Twilight were tasked with buying snacks for their Fourth of July weekend. Spike and Twilight had a whole cart filled with chips, hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, and drinks, "Ok, I think we got everything we need." Twilight said, checking off her list.

"You think?" Spike asked dryly, while looking at how much they got.

"Come on, Spike. Let's go pay for all this." Twilight said, as they went to pay for everything.

Once they paid for their stuff, they were on their way back to their apartment, "This is gonna be an awesome Fourth of July." Spike said.

"I think so too." Twilight agreed.

"Especially with what Rainbow Dash has planned."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"What she didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"She has some connections and has gotten us some real good fireworks." Spike snickered.

"Did she get them legally or illegally?" Twilight asked.

"She didn't say."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "If she gets busted for illegal firework hoarding, I'll be there to tell her she got what she deserved."

"Whatever you say, Twi." Spike rolled his eyes.

When they got home, they packed everything away for tomorrow, and Spike went to his room where he turned on his TV where a show was just starting.

"POWER GIRLS!" the theme played.

"Yes!" Spike cheered, as he got comfy as the episode of Power Girls played.

When it came to commercial, Spike who had his laptop next to him saw both Puck, Featherweight, Pip, and Koda opening up a chatroom. He typed in his thoughts, "Hey guys watching the Power Girls episode?"

"Uh-huh." Pip typed.

"Sure am." Featherweight typed.

"You know it." Koda typed.

"Wouldn't miss it." Puck typed his own response.

"How about those girls, huh, are they gorgeous or what?" Spike typed his question.

"For real, I like Masked Matter-horn." Puck typed his answer.

"Radiance is my kind of girl." Pip typed his response.

"If I met a girl like Mistress Marevelous in real life I could die happy." Featherweight put in his answer.

"I'd have to say Fili Second is more my speed." Koda responded.

"They're all great, and how about Hum Drum?" Spike typed his question.

"That guy has to be the luckiest guy in the world having to hang out with six super hero cuties." Puck responded.

"So you guys got plans for the Fourth?" Spike typed up.

"Yeah, we're barbequing at my place." Featherweight responded.

"Me and my fam will be watching the hockey game at my pad." Puck answered.

"I'm gonna shoot off fireworks in my backyard." Pip replied.

"And I'm gonna going to me uncle's to watch the fireworks." Koda finished.

"What about you, Spike?" Featherweight typed.

"Me and the girls families are having a party in the park."

"Sounds cool." Puck admitted.

"Yeah, and Rainbow Dash is supplying us with fireworks. Some really good ones too."

"Lucky." Pip responded. And so they continued having their chat while watching the episode of Power Girls.

The next day around the afternoon, Spike, Twilight, and their family were gathering their stuff to bring over to the parks picnic ground. They sat up their stuff as the rest of the girls came by with their own families carrying their own snacks and stuff.

Once they were all sat up they started having lunch with Spike and Twilight sitting with their friends, "So, Rainbow, you managed to get all the fireworks you promised?" Pinkie asked.

"You bet." she smirked.

"Wait, you knew too, Pinkie?" Twilight asked in disbelief.

"Of course, didn't you?" Pinkie asked.

"I most certainly did not. Rainbow, I assume you got those fireworks legally and not black market?" Twilight squinted her eyes at her.

"Twilight, I'm appalled that you'd think I'd acquire fireworks through illegal action." Rainbow answered.

"Given your past history of doing risky things, can you blame me?" Twilight asked.

"Ok, you got me there." she answered sheepishly, "But I assure you these are a hundred percent illegal-free."

"If you say so."

"I just can't wait to see them get lit off tonight." Spike said in excitement.

"Me too, it's gonna be a real light show tonight." Pinkie grinned.

"Hey, guys!" Shining called, as he and Cadence brought Neira over.

"Hey, there you three are. We were wondering when you'd show." Twilight said.

"Like we'd miss this." Cadence said, as she sat Neira down on the ground and she ran to hug Twilight and Spike.

"Hey, Neira. All set to see some fireworks tonight?" Spike asked her.

"Yeah!" she cheered.

"So are we." Twilight answered.

"I can hardly wait." Neira smiled.

Soon as nighttime arrived, many other people in the park started shooting off fireworks. Spike and the girls started lighting some sparklers to hold and wave around. Pinkie was waving two around and spelling out her name with them in mid air.

Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were running around with sparklers of their own, while having fun with Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity.

Shining gave a sparkler to Neira who held it while marveling at the sparkle effect. She waved it around before it eventually went out, making her pout, "Oh, it went out."

"Don't worry, there's plenty more." Cadence assured her, as she gave her a fresh one.

"Yay!" Neira cheered.

Spike was waving two around, while having fun until his sparklers went out. Shining who was setting up the fireworks with Big Mac called out, "Hey, Rainbow, Spike, how about you two give us a hand here."

"Coming! Come on, Spike." Rainbow said, as the two went over to the older boys.

So the four set up the fireworks, as Big Mac spoke, "There we go, all set."

"Great, so let's light this candle." Rainbow said in excitement.

Shining pulled out a lighter and handed it off to Spike, "Maybe you should do this, Spike."

"Me, really?"

"I trust you." Shining answered.

"All right then." Spike started up the lighter as Rainbow held the end fuse up.

When Spike lit the fuse, Rainbow dropped it and called, "Clear the area!" the four ran from the fireworks back over to the others.

"This is it." Shining said.

"Here it comes!" Spike announced.

The fireworks suddenly went off and shot up into the sky before exploding and releasing their bright and colorful lights.

"Oh, my." Fluttershy gasped at how pretty it looked.

"Beautiful." Rarity added.

"Ain't that a pretty sight?" Applejack asked.

"It sure is." Twilight added.

"And it's all thanks to Spike here for lightning it." Rainbow nudged Spike.

"Well, you were the one that got the fireworks in the first place." Spike reminded her.

"Hey, what about us?" Shining asked.

"Yeah, we helped set them up." Big Mac added.

"It was a team effort between all of you." Pinkie said.

"Pinkie's right. You all deserve credit." Cadence said. The four smiled at each other and nodded before continuing to watch the fireworks with their families.