• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 1,174 Views, 38 Comments

Her Greatest Desires... Her Darkest Fears - Raidah



When Rainbow Dash is killed in a tragic accident, she is sent to purgatory. Once there, she is faced with the possibilities of everything she ever wanted... Along with that which she feared most.

  • ...
3
 38
 1,174

The Void

Darkness. That was all she could see. Plain, black darkness. She stared into the void of nothingness, her mind cloudy and her emotions blank as she remembered the events that brought her here...

She had been flying around town, not doing anything of particular value when she saw her friends cleaning up the wreckage of the library. They were uprooting the destroyed trunk so that a new library could be built in it's place. She was bored and, having nothing better to do besides daydream, decided to help. She flew down, offered some assistance, and found herself pulling on one of the major roots of the tree.

It was going smoothly, and soon enough the rest of her friends had shown up to help as well. Applejack took to bucking the tree to try and loosen it, Twilight and Rarity used their magic to try and pull the thing out, and everypony was doing their part. In fact, they had almost completely uprooted it... Until the biggest branch left on the tree decided to fall right on top of her, crushing her skull and killing her.

From that point on, she was confronted with the darkness. Nopony to talk to. It was just her. Alone. In the void.

Then, a door, or at least what looked like a door, opened not far away from her. Through it, she could only see a blinding white light, which shone on her cyan coat like the fires of the sun.

"Come on in, Rainbow Dash," she heard a female voice call. It was calm, and somewhat deep. But also sounded very seductive. Rainbow saw no choice but to do as the voice said, and drifted towards the door. She entered, and the blinding light died down to reveal seven ponies standing in a half circle in front of her. In the centre, a dark purple mare with a flowing black mane and lime green eyes.

"Welcome, Rainbow Dash," the mare began, "welcome to purgatory."

"P-purgatory?" Rainbow asked, her voice shaking.

"Yes, purgatory. I am Lust," the mare gave a light bow of her head as she introduced herself, "and these are my brothers," she gestured to the six stallions surrounding her. Three on each side.

"Wrath," she gestured to the stallion farthest to her right. A bright red unicorn with a short black mane and tail and firey red eyes that burned with a hatred for everything around him. He gave a light nod as he was introduced. "Gluttony," a larger white earth pony who had next to no mane, but soulless white eyes and an evil grin spread across his face. He simply chuckled. "Pride, one so much more fitting to you than any of us," she said, gesturing to a younger, grey unicorn colt who was sat on his haunches, a very prideful smile plastered onto his features. "I think you'll have a lot to talk to him about," Lust said, a small smirk tugging at the left side of her mouth. "Envy." A thin, green pegasus with a light orange mane and greenish blue eyes nodded his head as he kept eyeing Rainbow Dash's flank. She could see from where she stood that he had no cutie mark, hence his obvious jealousy of hers. "Greed." A light blue unicorn with a two toned blue and purple mane and tail and orange eyes. "And last, and probably least since he doesn't like to do anything, Sloth." A big, heavily muscled orange pegasus with wings that looked like they could propel him ten times faster than Rainbow Dash could ever dream of flying attatched to him. His mane was crimson and his eyes were light blue, but he didn't even acknowledge his introduction, instead he looked like he was ready to fall asleep.

"We are known as the Seven Deadly Sins, and it is our job, whenever a pony is sent to purgatory like you were, Ms. Dash, to decide what happens to them. Whether they are sent to Heaven or Hell depends solely on us and us alone," Lust explained. "We will all show you the traits you have shown of us, and Greed and I will be showing you your possible futures, should your death today have not occurred."

Lust took a breath and let that sink in. While Rainbow Dash tried to process what she had been told.

"It's simple, really," Lust said. "You have sinned, so we need to show you how. It won't hurt... Much," she let out a light giggle with that remark. "Envy, dear. Why don't you take the first go?"

"With pleasure, Lust," Envy said, stepping forward. "Now, where should I start?"

Author's Note:

Why do I keep doing this...? Starting a new story when I already have so much on my plate. Anyway, hope this looks interesting enough for you to keep reading. Peace!

-Devs