• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 1,293 Views, 10 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Revive the Hive - BronyRex



No more than five years after the Royal Wedding, the megaspells fell all over the globe. The changelings, haven hidden among stables and in the depths of the Hive, managing to live on the love of the stable dwellers and the prisoners of the hive.

  • ...
3
 10
 1,293

And all the Queens men

"Now this wont do. My castle in shambles, my children still in their cocoons, the stores of pure love have almost drained out. This needs a full makeover." The ancient queen says to herself, wandering the halls of her once majestic castle in the original wasteland. "Damn my legs are sore. I must have been cocooned for at least 2 decades."

As she continues to wander the long forsaken halls, she comes across various cracked cocoons, shattered armaments, and the occasional skeleton of one of her children, which she burns respectfully. She soon comes to the hive armory, where various weapons and armor designed to enhance a changelings natural armor and magic were held, in case the war came to them. Finding her custom suited armor, she dons it, giving a her natural exoskeleton more of an aggressive appearance, with three sharp claws extruding from each of her front hooves, a shell protecting her wings like a beetle, and a pair of horns in her helmet, which act as amplifiers to her magic, tripling its potency. The body of the armor covering her torso and neck in a flexible but resilient material that would be able to resist nearly any magic attack but only blunt physical damage and low caliber weapons.

"Feels bigger than I remember." She mutters to herself, using her magic to retrieve her weapons, a scythe that would require a non-magical equine two hooves to control, which has a pure black edge with an emerald eye towards the back, and a magic pistol, created using a changeling horn as a focus.

"Now I suppose my children have been asleep long enough. Time to wake up my boys." With that, the queen attempts to telleport back to the shelter room, but fails and only manages to teleport halfway there. "My magic must have been drained for longer than I thought." She mutters through panting. "I need to feed properly, after, I wake up my children."


With a deafening crash, the cocoons in the shelter room all shatter, followed by the thuds of several hundred changelings hitting the ground, either dead or very close to it. Silent tears coming from the queens closed eyes as she mourns her fallen children, while tending to the ones that survived.
"Feed my children, but only what you need. We are on rations for now."

From the back of the chamber, three changelings, much larger than the rest, slowly and weakly move toward the queen, bowing before her. They didn't have the normal spines that most changelings had. The middle one, who had a scar of his left eye, had a deep purple mane that flowed over his right eye. The left one, a bright green mane that was stiff and spiked, like a mohawk. The right one had a blood red mane that covered his head, leaving only his horn and muzzle visible.

"My queen." The all say at once, their horns touching the floor

"I'm glad you survived Daemos, Arkantos, and Thanatanos. It will be easier to survive while my lieutenants remain alive." She says with a sigh and a heavy heart. "First thing's first. We need to know what the state of things are. Arkantos, take the three changelings who are least affected by the cocoon stasis and get a general lookout of the outside world. Thanatanos, care to the injured and recovering. Make sure all of my living children stay that way. Daemos..."

"YES MOTHER?!?" He exclaims, sounding as though he lacked any sort sanity.

"Go check on my pets. I know they can last decades without a proper meal, but I would like to know that my beasts are still able to guard my domain. They did react best to your primal personality after all."

"Right away mother." They all reply, Daemos louder than the others.

"I swear if those ponies or zebras are to blame for the state of my hive, we will rebuild using the stones cut from their buildings with the labor of their nation. Whoah..." The queen says after her threat to the nations not listening as she is suddenly lightheaded. "I'm just gonna lay down and grab a short nap...then...I need...nyrAAAAAAaah...to feed..."


"Mother I have returned." The deep, calm voice of Arkantos resonates inside the chamber the queen fell asleep in. "The badlands, the tree's that did grow do not grow any longer. The once barren sky is overcast by thunderclouds. There are bones of both wild and civilized creatures dotting the area. What is most unsettling is that the natural...scent, that surrounded Equestria, was no longer there."

Her head shoots up in shock. "WHAT!?!"

"Yes mother. It smells heavily of fear and bloodlust. We also found warmagic residue between their border and here, and I would assume that there is more in the actual nation."

"How long have we been asleep..."

"OH MOTHER!!!" The insane voice of Daemos resonates throughout the chamber, giving most visible headaches.

"Yes Daemos?" Chrysalis asks, rather annoyed but still loving.

"They're all dead. Except for that one dragon egg that you injected with changeling blood. HE'S ALIVE AND HUNGRY!!!"

"What?" She asks with a mix of sadness and joy.

"Yeah. Little bugger nearly got my back legs."

"I'm not even going to bother asking how you got close enough or why you did. Just go feed him with the gemstone shards that came from our cocoons. That should satisfy him."

"Her." Daemos interjects.

"Her?"

"Didn't see anything remotely male on the beast. Not to mention it was quite shapely for a dragon! HAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Well then...I wonder if any male dragons have survived the Wonderbolts or the Talon bounties, or even the Zebra with their voodoo?" Chrysalis asks herself, ignoring the insanity that is Daemos.

"Who knows mother." Thanatanos replies, returning from the laid out bodies of the injured and recovering. "What I do know is that our stocks are dangerously low. Only five months remaining until hive extinction. For now however, all of your children will be back to working condition within a week. Able to defend the hive in three weeks tops."

"That's good to know. But I'm afraid to ask how many didn't make it."

"We lost three-hundred and forty-one members of the family to time. Only a hundred and fifty-six others survived."

Tears start to come from the queens eyes at the thought of her fallen children, silently weaping, for despite being a mother of hundreds of thousands, a mother cares for each of her children equally.

"We need to find a source of love soon. I don't want more of my children dying. I wonder if they have forgotten of me yet. The Changeling Queen as the Ponies know me. The Demon of Hearts as the Zebra named me. The Reaper of Love as the gryphons knew me. Thanatanos the Scythe, Arkantos the Slayer. You two are to go ahead of me. Disguise as common ponies, and search for a source of love. If anyone attacks you or captures you, dispose of them as you see fit. Ensure that you activate the Hive Mind at midnight each eve and report to me your findings. You two are my heralds. Ensure that the nation has not forgotten us."

"AND WHAT ABOUT ME MOTHER?!?" Daemos asks as insane as ever.

"Ensure that my pet is alive and well. Enter her mind and set a direct connection to the hive mind. That shouldn't be to hard for Daemos the Devil now should it?"

"NOT AT ALL!" He salutes sloppily.

"That's what I thought. Today marks the moment when THE HIVE BEGINS TO RISE AGAIN!"

Author's Note:

Do forgive any minor errors and please inform me of the major ones. I wrote this up at 4 am after I had a good spot of inspiration. Also, the chaps will get steadily longer and longer as we go.

Comments ( 5 )

eee nope, wait out of what I can accept

4578731
I'm sorry what?

4578732
Scythe, dragons, trying soooo hard to make character look insane that it look just bad. Still short chapter.

Just not my cup of story

4578741

4 am madness plus ideas that go in my head equal insanity. I assure you, the crazy train shouldn't take control very often

"You sorry life ends here Arkantos..." "So... he did not only kill ye..." e.t.c. you know the rest... Daemos Phobos e.t.c Mars' moons... interesting inspirational sources.

Login or register to comment