• Published 13th Jun 2014
  • 1,269 Views, 36 Comments

Hearts of Class II: Lights of Love - ImAPonyXY



This story is and anthro love story based between Sweetiebelle and Spike in their teenage years. it may be NSFW at times and drug use may be used on occasions.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,269

Chapter Four

The Loyalty of the Loyal


Upon the grassy hill that overlooked the abandoned cabin, under an old, willow tree, sat two elite guards from Captain Silver Blaze’s squad; Cloud Heart and Dazzle Star.

Cloud Heart was stationed next to Dazzle to provide Long-Range Communication between the three groups as well as to protect Dazzle if they are forced to engage the enemy in close-quarter combat.

However, Dazzle Star had been posted here to provide the squad with Projectile Support, as she was the most skilled archer amongst the five of them. She was nearly useless in close-quarter combat though and so that’s why Cloud was with her.

“When’s the captain gonna get here?” Dazzle asked in an almost bored kind of attitude and she leant against the tree and placed her hands behind her head; she was bored and was itching to use her bow.

“Hopefully soon.” Cloud replied and she let out a huge yawn as she lay on the grass. “To be honest, I don’t even know why we’re putting in so much effort to rescue one girl. It doesn’t seem right that we’re putting in all this work for such little output results”

“HEY!! Could you imagine if you were that little girl, how scared would you be? Because, if I were her, I would be wanting as much help as possible!” Dazzle replied angrily as she was getting annoyed with her teammate.

“Not everyone’s as weak as you, Daz.” Cloud scolded, “and don’t raise your voice to me! You’re still only a recruit to us and you shouldn’t question your superior... especially on moral methods like this!” she stood up, “And don’t let your personal opinions get in the way of the mission. We’re in the elite squad!”

Dazzle looked down, she had only been part of this group for a week and this was her first mission. She had previously been stationed in Fillydelfia and that last mission she had was an investigation into the murder of the Sounds family. Captain Blaze chose her when he went to Fillydelfia and noticed her advanced aptitude with a bow; she was immediately recruited.

She trusted all of her teammates but she didn’t know many of them too well. In fact, she occasionally forgot crimson’s name and was constantly trying to avoid Shadow so she wouldn’t get on his bad side.

“I’m sorry...” Daz apologised and sat down, still leaning against the tree.

Cloud sighed, “No... I’m sorry... I shouldn’t be so hard on you...”

“You’re not being hard, you’re being right, I need to learn to think professionally about matters such as this.” upon saying that, Dazzle went back to the position that she was supposed to be in, which was looking out for the Captain and informing Cloud when he arrives. As she did, she saw him, he was walking with Rarity and Spike towards the shack. “The Captain’s here Cloud.”

“Great, he’s on time for once.” Cloud replied and made a whistle that sounded just like a bird’s whistle. This was to inform the others that the operation was in motion. “Dazzle, take aim just in case anything goes wrong.”

“But the captain told me to only use my arrows in an emergency.”

“Just do it!”

“Alright, alright...” giving into her superior’s pressure, Dazzle takes out an arrow and readies it upon her bow. She took aim upon one of the cloaked guards that stood over Sweetiebelle.

The stress of the situation had made her hands sweaty and she wasn’t sure just how long she was going to be able to hold the arrow in place before she would have no choice but to let go. Never the less, she held on and kept her mouth shut.

– Meanwhile down near the shack, along the path –

Spike was following Rarity closely who was following Captain Silver Blaze closely too.

“Do you think that they’ll be there?” Spike asked nervously; he really wanted to see Sweetiebelle again.

“I don’t know, but I think they should be.” Blaze began. “There’s no reason that they shouldn’t. They want that gem and the money no doubt about it... by the way Rarity, do you have the money and gem?”

“Yes, I do.” Rarity replied and held out an Amethyst Gem and a large bag of Bits.

“Excellent... although, if all goes well, then you won’t need to hand that over.” Blaze explained and nodded.

“Lets just hope that she’s alright.” Rarity said, sounding hopeful; not wanting negative feelings to reach her.

“Shhh...” Blaze put his finger to his mouth; we’re getting very close now. Stay quiet and let me do the talking.”

Spike and Rarity followed closely behind Blaze as the three of them approached the house. Spike looked around, he could see Shadow and Crimson hiding in the nearby bushes and Cloud and Dazzle position atop of the hill. He hoped that all would be okay, they were so close now and Sweetiebelle was now in reach, if everything went according to plan, then it would all be alright.

The three of them entered the building and were immediately by the intimidating look of two cloaked people standing over their treasured captive.

“Spike, Rarity!” Sweetiebelle shouted out in excitement as she saw her two most beloved people in her life.

“Sweetiebelle, darling, are you alright?” Rarity asked; sounding concerned.

“I’ll be better when I’m not tied up.” she replied.

“Do you have what we need?” one of the cloaked guards asked in a monotone and flat tone so voice recognition wouldn’t be possible. He held out one hand to accept the deal that had been agreed.

“Do you promise to let her go?” Captain Blaze asked. He sounded serious and he didn’t like it how Rarity and Spike had immediately began to talk. However, he was prioritising the safety and freedom of Sweetiebelle.

The guard nodded in response, “Just hand us the money and the Amethyst and she’s all yours!”

Blaze nodded and looked to Rarity, “Give it to him.”

“Okay.” she walked forward and she looked at Sweetiebelle. She gave her a soft smile and handed the cloaked man what he wanted.

After she did, she knelt down by her little sister and looked up at the man. “Can I untie her now?” she asked; almost sounded desperate.

“Do what you want.” the man said and both him and the woman began to slowly walk out. It seemed that Diamond Tiara had ran off in order to not be caught.

Rarity flared her horn and the ropes are her sister’s hands began to loosen and weave away from the knot. Soon, the ropes fell off and her hands were free.

At the first sign of freedom, Sweetiebelle tightly hugged her big sister without hesitation; she had the largest smile upon her face too as she looked at Spike. “Thank you...”

Spike walked up to Sweetiebelle too and rubbed her shoulder, “Are you alright?” he asked.

“Yeah... I’m goo...” The screaming of one of the cloaked guard immediately interrupted Sweetiebelle.

“What was that!?” the captain rushed outside to see what had happened; he wasn’t planning on the death or injury on anyone.

He saw an arrow that had pierced the cloaked female through her neck and out the other side. Blood gushed out and started to make a small pool under her, drenching her black robes in a crimson red.

It seems that he wasn’t the only one who saw it either, the other cloaked man had witnessed it, and he wasn’t taking it kindly.

The man brought his finger to his mouth and bit it off, causing the tip of the finger to fall into the pool of blood below. He then began to go into some sort of transformation as his injured had began to grow sharp claws and his teeth became black, long and serrated. Not to mention that his fur had also gone black and his eyes became serpent-like.

“You will pay for this!” he growled, his voice was deep and eerie; he was demonic.

“It wasn’t I who killed him.” Blaze persisted and he unsheathed his sword. “But if you attack me, then I will kill you!” he threatened.

“I know it wasn’t you... “ he spoke, still in his eerie, deep, demonic tone, he glared up the hill and began to rush up; he was charging for Dazzle and Cloud.

Upon the hill, Cloud was silently fretting, she was panicking, she was hoping that that ‘thing’ wouldn’t make its way up the hill. She was pressuring Dazzle to fire again as soon as possible.

“Dazzle, hurry up and shoot already! He’s going to reach us!”

“Shut up, Cloud. You’re making me nervous... I’ll make a mistake!” she quickly loaded an arrow onto the bow and took a shaky aim.

“Fire, Dazzle, Fire!” Cloud yelled. She unsheathed her sword and took up a defensive stance.

“Cloud! Shut up!” Dazzle yelled and she fired her arrow.

The arrow shot from the bow, flew through the air, and stabbed straight through the chest of the cloaked demon. He was knocked down but he was not dead as he stood up once more.

Captain Blaze took this opportunity of chaos to help Sweetiebelle, Spike and Rarity escape.

“Crimson, Shadow... help out Dazzle and Cloud.” he ordered and began to lead the non-combatants out of danger. “Sweetiebelle, you are to stay right next to me. Rarity and Spike you are to stay as close as possible... no matter what!”

Sweetiebelle nodded, right now, she would do anything for the person who helped with her rescue. She went up beside him and he held onto her. Spike and Rarity remained right behind them, they were both elated that they had her back and that she was soon to be out of danger. The four of them started to move away from the fight and along the path to get away.

Captain Silver Blaze was concerned for his teammates safety, they may be extremely skilled and high talented in what they do, but that being that they were up against was not normal. He could only hope that they would be alright and that they would all be safe... especially Cloud; whom he had a crush on.

“Are you hurt anyway, girl?” Blaze asked, softly and he made sure that their heads were down so no rogue arrows could hit them.

“Yes, but my feet do have a few cuts on them... They took away my shoes.”

“We’ll have you checked up on when we get back to town to see if there’s any infections... then I’mma getting a drink.”

Sweetiebelle couldn’t help but giggle slightly at how ironic the situation was and how the captain was taking it.

Blaze smiled at hearing the girl’s laughter, he was trying to make her happy. He strongly believed that as soon as anyone was rescued or helped that they were to be cheered up firstly, before anything else.

Blaze looked behind him to see how his teammates were doing, and what he saw made his pupils contract and his body froze. The demonic, cloaked figure had cut the through of Shadow and left his corpse to roll down the hill, He held the heart Crimson in his hands as he held the Cloud by the throat. His claws had dug into her skin and her neck was bleeding, it was unknown whether she was dead or not.

Dazzle however, was still alive and she was keeping her distance, shooting arrows that the murderer.

“RETREAT!!!” Blaze yelled loudly, hoping that the sacrifice of his beloved Cloud would allow for Dazzle to get away. “RETREAT!!!” he yelled again.

Dazzle heard this order and she immediately sheathed her arrow and began to run towards down the hill. However, the cloaked demon throw Cloud to the ground; she was definitely dead, and he charged towards Dazzle, instantly grabbed the back of head and stabbing his claws threw her skull.

Blaze was shocked and mortified, he had just witnessed the death of his entire team. Cloud Heart, Crimson Rush, Dazzle Star and Shadow Star all lay dead. Their corpses rolled down the hill and the blood dripped behind them.

He focused on Cloud’s body, her eyes were still wide open but her throat had been ripped out. Her armour was in poor condition, which meant that she had fought valiantly and suffered many hits. Everything seemed to be going well, he had trusted Cloud with being the second best on the team and she was slain like everyone else.

He was a poor captain, leaving his team to die as he focused on the safety of those who could easily get away. he felt horrible, if he was there he may have been able to save them... but now, he had to witness the ungraceful falling of his comrades’ bodies.

Author's Note:

This chapter is very militaristic and it mainly focused on the factors of what it's like to me part of the militia in Ponyville. I promise that I'm going to get more into the Spikebelle by the next chapter.