• ...
12
 106
 4,728

Undergoing Changes

Ever since Luna has returned, Celestia was different. Luna was unincluded from most events, and she had to sneak out to go to Ponyville. Even before then, Celestia had been training the Royal Guard. For thousands of years, she was perfecting them in secret. Far away from any civilization she trained them, hoping to find one soldier that could fight back with some chance of victory. In Luna's returnal, the decandants of the Lunar Republic have formed together outside of Celestia's eye. These colts and mares fight cold blooded, with no mercy for their cause.

Democracy.

The Solar Empire has reigned over many cities for thousands of years. Unicorns and Pegasi of pearl white coats marched through the streets, terrorizing villiages for gold and bits. Yet, these ponies are the ones deemed 'heroes.' While the Lunar Republic is named as the unholy worshippers of the night. Still, they fight for ponies rights. They'ved saved lives from ponies too poor to pay the taxes, ponies without jobs, young fillies and colts. Some villians.

A month ago, Celestia cast her soldiers across Equestria. Primary targest such as Manehattan, Appleloosa, Fillydelphia were capture and converted to the empire. In Germaney, the New Lunar Republic fought a long and hard war, eventually ending with Celestia atomically rainbooming it, wiping it's existance off the map entirely. She has also been collecting the Elements of Harmony the charge her power, and take Equestria from the people who fight for the original law.

A week ago, two stallions managed to stop an attack on Ponyville by trapping the soldiers and using their magic to erase Celestia's spell. Those Solar Legionaries had thier lives back, and they joined the Republic. The two stallions responsible are Buzz Kill and Blazing Bull, two ponies high up in the ranking of the New Lunar Republic, and personal friends of Princess Luna herself. Luna had chosen these two colts to start an all out battle against Equestia, and they were intent on doing just that.

- - - - - - - - - -

Buzz Kill looked over the horizon. Canterlot was just in view. Below him, Lunar Soldiers donned thier black armor. Blazing Bull moved up to him.

"Brother, what are you doing? Luna officially decrees she wants a war tonight. The Solar Legionaries must be removed so the Princess herself can return to her throne."

"She calls for a war and gets a battle. Our stallions and mares are hardly trained. Most here are just new recuits!" Buzz said to his brother.

"Nopony is a new recuit here. Only men in hooves. We are one republic, and we stand united." he said, placing a hoof on his shoulder. Buzz just flew up a few feet and Bull fell off.

"You have an advantage with those wings of yours." he said, dusting himself off. Buzz chuckled.

"You have an advantage with that horn of yours, brother." Buzz landed on the ground, a bit too cocky. He was young, but he was a fighter. A good one at that.

A mare equipped in light-shifting armor decloaked next to the two brothers. Her name was Obsidian, the pony most skilled in sneaking and espionage in all of Equestria. She shook hooves with both Buzz and Bull.

"Gentlecolts, I am back from Canterlot." She said in her monotonous french accent. She dug a map into the ground showing her location and theirs. She dug more lines into the grass showing the plans of attack. Bull carefully observed her strategy, planning it out. This plan might actually work out. All they need is the cold shrowd of the night sky in which they rule. The only flaw is the extreme amount of Solar soldiers.

"Now, men, I have done some reconnaissance, and I am afraid I have bad news. We have to go to the castle immediately. I'll explain on the way.

- - - - - - - - - -

Five hours ago...


"So that's how two mares can have a foal." Luna said, a bit shocked.

"Medical science has changed a teensie bit over the last thousand years...." Fluttershy said with a huge blush spread across her face. She was fondling with her hair. Luna didn't noticed she was doing the same with hers. Luna sighed.

"My dearest friend, I need to get over my fears and tell Twilight the truth. I must tell her I love her." Luna said while walking upstairs. Fluttershy quietly nodded before she fell asleep on the cloth designated for her.

Luna walked up the stairs, trying not to wake anyone in the library. Her mind was racing with thoughts and fears. What if she doesn't love her? What if she hates her for this? She was scared, yet at the same time she was content. She was ready. She was in love with Twilight, and was going to make it official. She slowly opened the door to Twilight's room. The entire room was pitch black, and Twilight's gentle snores could be heard.

"Twilight? I didn't mean to disturb you but....." She spoke these words in Shining Silver's voice, and she stealthily morphed back into that form.

"....but what?" Twilight's voice responded from the bedside.

"I'm not who I say I am..." she said, slowly walking towards Twilight. The room was so dark....

"Oh, really?" Twi's voice said in a low, flat tone. The blackness of the room was dark even to Luna.

"I'm Princess Luna, Twilight. I've been Luna from the start. I'm sorry I hid from you and lied to you, but Twilight Sparkle, please believe me. I, Princess Luna, am in love with you." Luna said, casting a spell to return her back into her royal form. The spell illuminated the room, lighting everything in it. What Luna didn't notice, was that her lover lacked any color in her body full of hate and resent.

"Oh, Luna~" The white Twilight said. "I cannot tell you how long I've been waiting for this day." She said, advancing on Luna. Luna smiled a smile bigger than any of Pinkie Pie's smiles, ever. Twilight held Luna's face.

"Luna! Take me! Kiss me!" Twilight leaned in and kissed Luna.

Words could not describe how Luna felt. Joy? No, to little. Bliss? No, that still didn't describe how good she felt. Pain? Yeah, that works. Wait, why does she feel pain? What is that? A knife? In her wing? Why the f-

Twilight turned around a bucked Luna in the face. She was temporarliy disoriented, and her entire body fell out of the room and down the stairs, to land on the kitchen table. Spike and Fluttershy were both awoken with a shock.

"Yo Luna? You okay?" Spike said, poking Luna's unconscious body. Fluttershy picked up Spike and threw him across the room. She pushed into her stomach. Blood seeped out of the wound, from where the knife was impaled through her wing and into the table. Fluttershy tryed to pull the blade out, but it was stuck.

Discord slithered out of Twilight's room and down into the kitchen. He snapped his fingers and teleported to Fluttershy. He traced his finger under her neck.

"My, my, my deat Fluttershy. You look positively cute today." Discord said, his face close to hers. She shunned away, eyes shut closed.

"No! I may be cute, but I am NOT weak! Not any more! I'm not scared of you, you meanie!" She said, eyes still closed,

"Oh, you little- adorable creature. How can you be so kind when the world around you is so mean to you? You remember Sweet Apple Acres? With the fire? Do you know how many of your animals died?"

"NO! Leave me alone Discord!"

"Twelve....."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"You remember your wife, little ol' Dashie?" Discord said, still in Fluttershy's face.

"STOP IT DISCORD! LET MY FRIENDS GO!"

"Her and Pinkie have had a WILD sex life after she left....." He said with a chuckle.

"NO! LIES!"

"If I hurts you so much, than use the stare on me, Mrs. Shy Dash. Look my right in the eyes...." Luna gained enough strength to speak again.

"Don't do it! You'll be gone too!" she cried

"Look me in the eyes, Shy....."

"DON'T!" Luna yelled.

Fluttershy couldn't handle this, and she fell to the ground. Her eyes were open, and staring straight at Discord. She too was under Celestia's spell.

"NOOOoooo....." Luna said before she blacked out again, leaving the library behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Luna awoke with a jump. She was in a cage. In Canterlot's royal hall. Great. The elementless Elements of Harmony squabbled below her. Celestia was sitting on her throne, a huge smile spread across her face.

"Well, well, well. Look who my husband brought in. A pet." She said, shifting some controls so the cag shifted to in front of her. Luna cast a spell to teleport her away. A blinding flash of light covered the room. Luna had done it, she had escaped! She opened her eyes and all she saw was iron bars. Celestia laughed.

"Magic proof." She said, knocking the bars of the cage. Discord rattled the jail a bit too. Celestia rolled her eyes.

"Look Luna. Look at my necklace." She said. Luna didn't want to, but she was held magically. All the 7 gemstones of the Elements of Harmony adorned the golden piece. She had it. World domination was in her hooves. She was planning just that.

"Now, it is time to start the show." Celestia pushed a button and the roof of the castle opened up. She flew upwards, ready to adress her nation.

"Citizens of the sun!" Celestia yelled, allowing all of Equestria to hear. Ponies everywhere hid in fear.

"I broadcast to you a message! If anypony here is in or supports the New Lunar Republic, they will personally face my wrath! For I am the new sole ruler of Equestria!" Her horn shone in a bight blue color. The seven gemstones on her necklace also illuminated. She finally had enough power for this.

"Hey Celestia? What about me? I thought you said we'd rule together!" Discord yelled at the floating light irradiated with energy. Celestia looked down at discord with a smug grin.

"I lied." Celestia shot a blue beam of energy straight at Discord, enveloping him in light. His figure was being dragged towards her. He struggled and struggled trying to get away, but not even his chaos magic was strong enought to beat and alicorns and the seven Elements of Harmony.

Luna watched in horror as Celestia and Discord became a single being, floating high above Canterlot. The new dragonequise let out a roar, breaking Luna's cage and reverting the six friends back to normal. High winds swirled as loose papers and debris flew into the magical vortex which was left behind by the fusion of Celestia and Discord.

" I LIVE! " Shouted the new Queen Celestia, half alicorn, half dragonequise. Luna couldn't imagine the terror that was about to be unleashed on the land she once ruled.