• ...
12
 106
 4,726

Her Lament

"I'm up here!" Twilight called. She ran downstairs, eager to meet this new visitor. She stopped halfway downstairs due to almost bumping into Silver.

"Hehe. Sorry." She pointed her hoof upstairs.

"Care to meet my friends?" Twilight said unusually happier than normal. She didn't even know why she felt good. She hadn't felt this happy since-

Oh no. She knows who Silver reminds her of. She jumped back, and held her head in her hooves as the memories flew back in.

- - - - - - - - - -

It was a cool, breezy summer afternoon. Twilight was preparing to go see her marefriend's performance. Spike was packing her things, gnawing on a gem at the same time. She pulled out her checklist.

Food? Check. Roses? Check. Perfume? She bent down and sniffed herself. Check.

"Okay Spike, I'm leaving! Have a good time alone." She said as she trotted out the door. Twilight could see Trixie's stage, prepped and everything. A small crowd had gathered also. She smiled and ran over to it. The show had just started to begin.

"Come one! Come all, as I, the Great and Powerful Trixie Sparkle-" Trixie said. Twilight blushed. "-Will tell you the amazing tale of the purple mare, and the 9 headed sea dragon!"

Oohs and aahs were murmured by the crowd. Trixe used her magic to create images while telling her story. Her tale was an obvious recreation of the adventure Twilight and her friends went on, but Twi enjoyed Trixie's performance.

"And when he opened his nine mouths, all of them exploded with fire!" The magic images showed the dragon's fire breath spread out over the sky. The audience cheered and applauded. The fire grew, and more excitement spewed from the crowd. Trixie enjoyed this. Never had she had so many adoring fans. So she did the first thing any showmare would do. Increase the flame even more!

Yet this time, it was greeted by horror.

"Her hat!" Lyra yelled. "It's on fire!" She was right. Her hat had caught fire. Trixie screamed and threw her hat down on the stage. Her magic lost all control and the entire stage erupt into flames.

"TWILIGHT!" Trixie screamed to her lover. "Use the metal from the rooftops to cover the stage in a dome. The fire wont spread!" Trixie was already moving bits and pieces to create such a dome. Twilight was hesitant at first, but ultimatley she agreed. Using hers and Trixie's magic, the dome was built. Trixie and the raging fire were left inside.

The next morning, the fire had welded the dome into one piece. Nopony bothered to open it, her fate was more than obvious.

- - - - - - - - - -

When Twilight's mind returned to the present, she was sobbing heavily on Shining Silver's shoulder. She stopped instantly, semi embarrased. Silver only smiled.

"I heard. It's okay, at least you made it out alive, right?" Silver said. Twilight only responded with a sniffle and a blush. Silver sighed.

"I have news from Cantlerlot. Something bad is about to happen. Right now, let's get this marriage started." Shining Silver said. Twilight nodded.

- - - - - - - - - -

Far away...

'A long time ago, it ruled. It was defeated. Not too long ago, it ruled again. It again was defeated. And now? It's a solid stone memorial of failure.' the figure thought.

"It's funny, actually. You could control everything, yet you let six little insects crush you. Why was that, my king? Why must your arrogance beat you?" The figure smiled as it broke open the statue, releasing what's inside.

"You're not going anywhere." The figure smiled.

"And here I was, hoping for something along the lines of "Welcome back Discord, it's a pleasure to see you my old friend". Honestly Celestia, you and your antics have just about made me want to go back into that statue."

"Would you like to?" Celestia smirked. Discord sighed.

"What's the plan?"

Celestia looked outside at her sister sitting on the balcony. The purple gem on her necklace glew softly.

"No, not now....too soon...," she practically cooed to it. Her expression sterned. She walked out to where Luna quietly weeped. She was shocked at her older sister approaching her.

"OH! Tia, we were just-"

"Ssshhh," Celestia said, "Not now. Your pains can be fixed, you know."

"THEY HATE US! THEY DONT UNDERSTAND US, OR HOW WE FEEL! WE DOUBT IF SHE EVEN LOVES US!" Luna said (in royal canterlot voice, as tradition), eyes glowing and tears streaming down her eyes.

"Listen, Luna. Some ponies may hate you. Some may want to kill you. Not me." Celestia said. Luna kept crying. Celestia tensed. How could her sister, a princess, be crying like a little filly who spilled her milk? She groaned. The gem glowed again. She looked down in disapproval.

"Tia, do you think she loves us?" Luna said through her tears.

"Why of course she does, Luna. But before you go to the wedding to find out, I have a gift for you." Luna wasn't all too sure that she was right, but she could have sworn she saw something moving in the dark behind Celestia.

"A gift? Really?" Luna said, a bit more cheerfully. Only when she got her gift was she less satisfied. Two red eyes opened behind Celestia and the figure slithered out of the dark. Luna slowly walked back in disbelief.

"D-d-d-dis....Dis-dis..." Luna stuttered.

"Oh you mean hubbie? Yes, he's here to give you your..present." Celestia said.

'No! No, No, NO! Discord and Celestia.... Discord? DISCORD? The necklace was glowing. The 7th element? SHE FOUND IT? This is bad! Very, VERY bad!' Luna thought

Discord slashed at Luna with his claws. She bucked him in the face and knocked him back.

"Oh, Luna, that's not how your accept a gift POLITELY!" Celestia hissed. She tried to stab Luna with her horn. Discord got up again and started to move toward them. Luna panicked. So she did the only thing she thought to do. Using her magic, she dislodged the balcony from the castle. It went hurtling downward. Luna, with tears in her eyes, flew off from it.

"Should I go and get her?" Discord asked.

"No, not yet. There is one thing I want you to do, though. Remind the Elements of Harmony who their REAL ruler is." Celestia said.

"Of course, my queen." Discord responded.

"No. Not Queen. Not yet. For formality's sake."

"Oh, you and your formalities." Discord said as he disappeared. Celestia looked back down at her necklace.

"Very soon... it will be ours....The entire world.....ours."