• ...
12
 106
 4,728

Shining Silver's Arrival


She was nervous. Ponies kept looking at her. She couldn't tell why, though. Was it her silvery mane glowing in Luna's night? Or was it her cutie mark resembling the pyramid of power constellation? She tried to think, but she still had a mind-numbing headache from when she asked the pink one for directions.

"She wouldn't quit talking…. Ugh. I hope my life never relies in her hooves…." She pondered to herself.

"Tree house… tree house…. She lives in a tree? I hope she has a good ladder…."

She was plain awestruck when her 'tree house' was actually a house inside of a tree. The irony hurt her horn.

"Not as bad as the headache….," she thought to herself. She reached a hoof out for the door. Sweat built up under her coat. She had heard so many things about Twilight Sparkle, either from Trixie, or her mother.

They all describe her in the same way; a beautiful purple unicorn with magic powers that could best even Celestia's. She turned the handle and pushed.

Nothing. No budge. Not even an inch.

"LOCKED," she screamed, "HOW COULD IT BE LOCKED?!" She stomped rapidly and swore Celestia's name in a fit of rage. It was only after she calmed down a bit she noticed something stuck to her hoof.

"Oh?" she said. After clearing her throat, she read aloud.

"Welcome, one and all! Equestria's greatest vet and the newest member of the Wonderbolts are getting married! Anyone is invited, except for evil scary ones like Queen Meanie or that Griffon or…." She placed a hoof to her head. Pinkie Pie was written all over this. Literally. After skipping a few lines of cupcake-induced gibberish, she continued to dictate the letter.

"…so if you aren't one of those, see the happy couple get married at dusk, today!"
She shrieked. It's dusk NOW. Tucking the invitation into her one of her saddlebags, she ran over to the middle of Ponyville, where a huge crowd had gathered…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"You simply look divine, darling," Rarity said to Fluttershy, sporting her latest dress.

"It's perfect Rarity… I've never felt happier….," Fluttershy said, clapping her hooves together in joy.

"It's not the dress that's making you joyous, it's the soon to be Mrs. Dash," Rarity said with a wink. Fluttershy squeaked in a mixture of fear and happiness. Rarity couldn't help but let a chuckle escape.

"Go get 'er, girl," Responded Applejack, who had been quietly smiling the whole time. Fluttershy gave her a hug, tears gently strolling down her cheeks.

"Thanks, you guys…" and she was gone. Rarity sighed. It was such a beautiful sight, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. They were cute friends, an adorable couple, and now? She laughed at her own thoughts. Everything was perfect. The lights, decorations. All done by her, of course. Not a penny out of place. It was per-

"YEAH! CUTIE MARK CRUSADER MARRIAGER-people?" Sweetie Belle stopped mid-cheer. "Seriously? Am I the only one who thinks this is a good idea?"

Scootaloo groaned. She hated weddings. She was only there for Rainbow Dash. Applebloom was drug along by Applejack, but she seemed okay with the whole wedding thing. It was only Sweetie Belle that seemed to be breaking her back about it. Rarity looked at her sister with a smile.

"It's okay Sweets. You did a good job with the decorations" Rarity stifled, trying hard to make it not sound like a lie. With her back leg she shoved away a trashcan full of tangled ribbons and banners in multiple colors.

"I did good! Yaay! Maybe I can decorate Pinkie's wedding!" Sweetie Belle yelled in joy.

"Actually, I think you shouldn- PINKIE PIE IS GETTING MARRIED, TOO?" Rarity said. She gasped and passed out.

"Wait, Pinkie's getting' married too?" Applebloom said to her friend, whom was busy trying to keep Scootaloo from poking Rarity's unconscious body.

"Yeah, and lucky her is getting to marry Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy." Sweetie Belle said with a huff.

"Silly Sweetie, she not getting married, she's going to make Rainbow and Fluttershy married."

"Ooooohhhh"

"WAIT. Pinkie's going to be the pastor?" Applejack said to her sister.

"Apparently. Why?"

"Ah just realized that ah gotta go and uh… Stay here."

"Can do, AJ!" responded an enthusiastic Scootaloo.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Now remember, Rainbow Dash, you must break the light barrier to get this right. The light barrier. You sure you can pull it off?" Twilight said, a little worried.

"I got this, Twi. You should be the careful one. Pinkie's chest is itchy." Rainbow responded.

"Somepony's going to fall in looooooove!" Pinkie said, bouncing around in circles around Rainbow Dash. Derpy and Dinky Hooves applauded whilst chewing on some of Pinkie's muffins. Twilight blushed. Love? She experienced love once before, and it didn't turn out nicely. She tried to hold back the tears when memories of the accident flew in…

Twilight shook her head. Tonight was Rainbow's night. Not hers for grievance. Tonight will be a night of love and passion. A little too much passion is they follow Pinkie's plan for the wedding.

"Pinkie, can they do that on the stage, in front of everypony?" Twilight said.

"Duh, of course! I mean, I've done it beforelikeahundredtimesanditwasSOOOOfunand-" Pinkie said, speaking at faster and faster speeds, still bouncing circles around Derpy and Dinky.

"Pinkie, slow down! You're going to spill Derpy's muffin basket!" Interrupted Twilight.

"It's okay Twilight, Muffin can float them. Go ahead, try." Derpy said to her daughter.
Dinky stood up proudly, as if trying to show off. Her horn glowed with energy and one muffin slowly, but surely floated out of the basket. Dinky was straining, and it took all of her might. The muffin floated perfectly in front of Derpy. She leaned in to take a bite.

"Blueberry, my favorite! Good job Muffin!" she hugged her daughter.Dinky giggled in delight. Applejack burst through the door.

"PINKAMENA DIANE PIE! Ah thought ah told ya not to put THAT on tha ta-do list for Fluttershy!"

"And why can't Rainbow Dash be on her to-do list?" Pinkie said, head turned and arms folded.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Don't underestimate Pinkie." Rainbow Dash said from across the room.

"See? She understands me." Pinkie said

"So you're saying that yur fine with Pinkie putting that on the list?" The farm pony said, eyebrow raised.

"NO!-I mean, uh-Maybe, I mean…" Her face was redder than Big Macintosh's.

"It's okay girl. Ah understand."

"So you're a f-" Rainbow Dash said, interrupted by Applejack.

"No. Ah ain't like that. But Ah've been in love before. It's normal."

Rainbow's face was still red. Twilight giggled. It was cute. First Lyra and Bon Bon, then Rainbow and Fluttershy. She'd be here if Trixie hadn't…. no. No, no, no. Don't think about her. Not now. Why was she thinking so much about Trixie? She felt as if the same special magic that Trixie had was near. The weirder thing is, it also feels like the magic Luna uses. This is just strange, even for her.

Twilight faded back into reality. Applejack and Pinkie Pie were still arguing. Rainbow was perfecting her aeronautic maneuvers in a wedding dress. Derpy and Dinky were, well…. Being Derpy and Dinky.

"Glad to see everything's still normal…." She thought.

The door suddenly swung open. A silvery white unicorn walked in.

"Hi, I'm Shining Silver, I'm looking for Twilight Sparkle. Is she in here?"