• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 1,634 Views, 16 Comments

Diamond's Bloom - -Arcana-



A story about Diamond Tiara, her friends both new and old, and of a love she will come to share.

  • ...
1
 16
 1,634

Scootaloo's Rebuke

"You invited who!?"

"I told ya three times now," Apple Bloom groaned, "Ah invited Diamond Tiara to come hang out with us."

"And you're sure you don't have brain damage?"

Apple Bloom began rubbing her temples. Scootaloo had been like this the whole time, even after she had explained Diamond's turn of face. She didn't blame her. After all, she'd probably be skeptical too if someone told her they saw Diamond Tiara being nice.

"Look Scootaloo, Ah get what you're sayin', but she said she was trying to change her ways. An' you didn't see her and Tootsie Flute today."

"Yeah, and you don't know if the whole thing is just a trick. She probably just wants us to think she's good so she can pull something on us!"

"What do you think Sweetie Belle?"

Both fillies turned to regard the young unicorn in question. She had remained quiet during the entire argument. In fact she had been uncharacteristically quiet and contemplative since Apple Bloom had told them about Diamond Tiara.

"...I don't know Apple Bloom. I mean what if Scoots is right? It does kinda seem like something Diamond would do."

Apple Bloom didn't want to admit that they might be right. The Diamond she talked to just an hour ago had been so different from the one that had tormented her for years. She wanted to be optimistic about this. She wanted it to be easy to forgive her, like it had been with Babs.

"Look girls, can't you jus' trust me on this. If she turns out to be faking then we'll deal with it, but if she isn't then... Ah just wanna see."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle shared a look.

"Alright AB," Scootaloo said, "I'll hear her out, but don't expect us to become friends or anything."

"Yeah, I'll give her a chance," Sweetie chimed in.

"Thanks girls. Ah knew I could count on you."

--

Diamond had been standing outside Sugarcube Corner for about ten minutes now, trying to decide wether or not to go in. In fact, the entire time since she had been invited, she had been in a state of constant questioning as to wether or not this was a good idea. How was she supposed to hang out with these three after everything that had been happened between them? Could they even see her as a friend after everything she had done?

Wait, "friend"?

She didn't want them as her friends, did she? She just wanted to stop being a bully. It wasn't about making new friends. It was about feeling better about herself. She didn't need new friends; not as long as she had Silver Spoon. But if she did get new friends, would that be a bad thing? Diamond banished the thought with a shake of her head. One step at a time, after all. For now she inhaled deeply, and finally entered the confectionery.

She tried not to appear nervous as she approached the booth where the Cutiemark Crusaders sat. They were already watching her approach, each with a different expression on their face. Scootaloo showed clear displeasure at Diamond's presence. Sweetie Belle didn't look angry, but she didn't look exactly happy to see Diamond either. Apple Bloom was the only one who looked welcoming. Diamond fidgeted, unsure of how to greet the three. Apprehensively, she held up her hoof and gave an experimental wave. Apple Bloom giggled and waved back, beckoning her into the booth.

"Howdy Diamond. Why don'cha have a seat here."

Diamond acquiesced, sliding in next to Apple Bloom.

"Hello, um, thank you for letting me hang out with you, I guess."

Sweetie Belle smiled, "It's fine Diamond, to be honest we were a little surprised when Applebloom said you were coming."

Scootaloo scoffed, but was paid little attention.

"Yeah, I know. It feels weird to me too. I just thought it would be a good idea to come, as a, y'know, a peace sign." Diamond replied.

The assistant baker, Pinkie Pie, soon came by to take everyone's order. Diamond offered to have the whole bill placed on her father's tab, but Apple Bloom declined the offer, stating practiced lines of Apple Family tradition. As they snacked, the Crusaders struck up random dialogues, mostly about crusade plans or their chore of cleaning up the crashed harvest float. Diamond sat by politely, as she had little to add to such topics, save for a muttered statement of compliment on the float's design. Apple Bloom would occasionally try to pull her into conversations, however whenever she did, Scootaloo would quickly become quiet and disinterested. Diamond felt horribly out of place, and began to desire an escape. Deciding it would be best to simply say her apology then excuse herself, Diamond waited for the Crusader's current topic to finish before speaking up, earning their attention.

"Look, I just want to say, for what it's worth, that I'm sorry for everything I've done. I kinda had a realization about my behavior last night. Then, Silver and I talked about it; and we, well mostly I, started to understand the reason behind how we acted. Then we decided that maybe we should try... Being nice, I guess."

There was a pregnant silence among the four fillies. Diamond thought she had stated her piece well enough. She could do nothing more than wait for their response.

"That's it?"

It was Scootaloo who spoke, surprising everyone.

"It's that simple then? You just decide to be nice from now on, and we're s'posed to what? Forgive you?"

"Scoots..." Sweetie tried to dissuade her friend.

"Tell us why then. What's your excuse for tormenting us for years?"

"I... I..." Diamond fumbled in the face of Scootaloo's indignation.

Diamond was unsure of how to respond. Of how much she wanted to reveal. The wound was still fresh, and these faces still felt unfriendly. She was able to tell Silver, of course, but Silver was like a sister. She could be trusted with anything. But could they be trusted with her past, when she had hardly trusted herself with it till now? She didn't have the nerve to find out.

"I-I don't want to talk about it," Diamond finally said.

"Yeah? well then I don't wanna listen to it." And with that Scootaloo stormed off.

Sweetie Belle followed after Scootaloo, leaving Diamond alone with Apple Bloom alone together. To say that Diamond felt awkward was an understatement. She instantly felt this whole thing had been a bad idea. She wasn't ready to face them, and doing so now had done nothing but caused more trouble. She didn't want to be here anymore. She tried to get out of the booth, but a yellow hoof stopped her.

"Don' worry 'bout Scoots, Sweetie'll talk to her. Scoots just needs some time."

"She's right though..."

"Huh?"

"I should go. Sorry I caused trouble for you and your friends."

Diamond got out of the booth, only for Apple Bloom to follow behind.

"Diamond look. Ah get that there may be things ya ain't ready to talk about yet. An Scoots does have a point. There's a lot to forgive. But if ya'll are serious, then I'm willing to give ya a chance."

"...Thanks, Apple Bloom... I'm gonna go now."

"Alright. Talk to ya later?"

"... Sure."

Diamond left Sugarcube Corner unsure of how successful her visit had been. Apple Bloom's words had been encouraging, though her kindness still proved confusing to her former enemy. On the other hand, Scootaloo had made it clear that it would not be simple to convince everyone. Even Sweetie Belles disposition, though not harsh, showed apprehension in the presence of the purple filly. Understandable, but still discouraging. Diamond decided that if she was going to get everyone to forgive her, she would have to do something big. Free of the anxiety of the previous half hour, her mind returned to it's comfort zone of plans and ideas. So often a zone of malicious scheming, now devoted to devising her redemption.

Comments ( 9 )

5839648

Thank you for your suggestions and corrections. As for why Diamond had been living in Canterlot. She was living there with her Mom who had separated from Filthy Rich. I hope to delve deeper into the nature of Diamond's time in Canterlot, and her mother in upcoming chapters. :twilightsmile:

With this chapter being the most current, I'll deliver a few words of self defense. In my book, most Diamond Tiara redemption stories suck depending on the writer. Some of the ones I read had terrible execution, characters are badly portrayed, or its incoherent grammar. Yes, having a clean writing can help a story succeed.

To start my comment on this story, there isn't a lot to talk about, but I do have fears. Stating them, if this turns out to be a shipping story, tread lightly. Romance is a genre that is too easy to fuck up! And given the nature of fan fictions, it makes it all too easy. I'll try to keep an open mind, if only because I'm now tracking this story.

Good luck and keep wiring! :moustache:

Could you please continue this? Please?!

5840052
So is this story dead....or what?

8652064
It's been four years. I'd guess so. Still on my tracking list, because hope springs eternal.

9972332
Well the author is still on here every so often so that’s why I asked

Then again that was over a year ago

9972502
If it is, in fact, 100% dead, there's a group who takes dead fics and gives them to people who can finish them. I vote we give it to them.

9972512
You can’t do that without the authors consent. And seeing as the author was last on a month ago, we should wait for them to come back on

9972854
Well yeah, I mean we've waited this long

Login or register to comment