• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,637 Views, 210 Comments

Sonic: Battle for Equestria - Snicket



Something is not right in the land of Equestria. Things sit on a razors edge as tensions run high. As an unknown threat gains strength. The heroes of Equestria are about to face there greatest challenge.

  • ...
33
 210
 4,637

Wind and Fire

Chapter - 18

Wind and Fire


"Wait! Don't open that!" A distinct voice shouts at a pink projection of Cadence dives for the mysterious package; only to phase through both said box and a rather confused unicorn and a dragon before sliding across the floor just before a rather large bookshelf. The princess of love face hooves and lets out an annoyed groan. "That's right; I'm not here."

Twilight breaks her attention away from the pink parcel and slowly turns towards the downed alicorn with a flat expression. "Was that necessary? What is in this that you don't want us to see?"

"It's not like we haven't seen anything like ‘this' before." A third voice chimes in, as a small grunt can be heard; followed by a loud thud as the hefty box is dropped onto the floor. "I mean even Twilight knows about the ‘birds and the bees'."

The princess of love tilts her head to the side, "The what?"

"The ‘fillies and the colts'," Twilight replies, followed by a shake of her head and a small giggle. "Don't ask."

"Yeah, that's what I said." Spike comments as the sound of turning pages follow. "You two just had to go and put your own ‘labels' on everything."

The projection of Cadence rises to her hooves and shoots the lavender mare a raises an eyebrow; inciting a shrug in response. "What are you reading over there?" Twilight inquires as she turns towards away from the princess and back towards the small drake. The mare's face flushes several shades as she spots a particular magazine in Spike's clawed appendage.

"S-Spike put that down!" Twilight stutters as she makes her way towards the small dragon. "You shouldn't be reading those."

Said drake flips to another page before responding. "Relax, like I said; it's nothing I haven't seen before." Spike's eyes widen for a moment as he turns to another page. "Correction, almost nothing I haven't seen before."

"Still, it's not something somepony your age should be reading." The mare replies as she uses her magic to cease the ‘offensive material; only to stop halfway and glare at the young drake. "Wait, where have you seen anything like ‘that'?"

Spike peeks up from the magazine and looks up at a rather confused unicorn. "The anatomy books we have here, give a rather detailed description of pony physiology." The drake responds as he gestures to a small stack of books in the corner. "But that's nothing compared to ‘this'." He adds; gesturing to the periodical in his claws before looking back down and flipping to another page.

"Maybe so, but I still think you still shouldn't be reading something so…so foul," Twilight states in a low tone and grabs the magazine with her magic and attempts to pulls it away from the young dragon's grasp.

"Hey, get your own!" Spike barks as he tries to keep hold of the magazine. "This box is full of them, so there's probably something in there even your rude a** will probably like."

"Spike language!" Both Twilight and Cadence shout as the former ceases her magic hold of the magazine. The dragon grumbles something under his breath and flicks the now crinkled magazine in his grasp walks to the other side of the room.

Trotting towards the now unattended box, Twilight uses her magic open the parcel and pears inside; instantly flushing upon doing so. "C-Cadance!" The mare sputters as she turns to a certain alicorn; which is slowly retreating out of the room. "W-what is all this?"

"Leisure reading," The Princess replies as if the answer was obvious. "Figured you could use something to jump start that ole libido of yours."

Twilight tilts her head. "My what?"

"Desire to do some hanky panky," Spike states as he flips to another page.

The mare turns to the drake and then back to the princess. "What?"

"You know, when a couple wants to express their feeling for one another, they," Cadence begins as she taps her front hooves together in a suggestive manner. "Sometimes they express it by…"

"I know what it means!" Twilight snaps, cutting the princess off. "What I don't get, is why you think I lack in that department. I mean, what were we just talking about a moment ago that would suggest that I don't…"

Cadence raises a hoof to silence the irate mare, "To be fair, I sent that out several months ago. Long before either of our ‘little talks'. Why it's only arriving now, is beyond me."

"I think I know why," Twilight mutters to herself.

Off in the distance, a grey pegasus crashes into a stack of hay bales. Knocking them over and across a very annoyed farm pony's front yard.

"Opps, my bad."

‘Consarnit, not again!"

Back at the library, a particular unicorn continues to glare at a projection of the princess of love.

"Besides, we were only talking about simple courtship," Cadence says with a smirk. "Not what you plan to do once you found yourself a special pony."

Twilight blushes profusely. "Don't turn this back on me!" The mare shouts as she shoves the box towards Cadence's projection. "You still haven't answered my question as to why you sent me all this…this questionable literature!"

"You know I can't interact with this, right?" The princess deadpans as she phases her astral hoof through the box. "If you're trying to make a point, your going have to show me what's inside the box."

With a flair of Twilight's magic, the contents of the package burst forth and surround the alicorn princess. "Oh my," Cadence mutters in shock. "I didn't think there was this many. I only asked that a few pieces be sent, not all this."

"But why send them to me at all?" Twilight demands. "What made you think it was ok to meddle in my personal affairs?"

Cadence glances at a few of the magazines before responding. "Like I told you a minute ago, your folks were pressuring me to help you get a special pony. So I figured getting you interested in stallions…or mares was the best step to start off with."

"I don't understand. "Twilight begins with a frown. "Why would anypony think I'm not interesting in finding a special somepony?"

"Well, you always seem to have your nose buried in some book, not showing much interest in anything else." Twilight opens her mouth to comment but is cut off as the princess continues. "Yeah, I mean you've made a few friends since moving to Ponyville. But it wasn't until recently that you even showed interest in any relationship with another."

The mare takes a moment to process the princess's comment before responding. "Still, why all these?" Twilight motions to the floating ‘literature' before continuing. "Why not some book on the subject or at the very least something a bit more tasteful?"

Cadence blows a raspberry in response. "Those dusty old books or outdated ‘guides' never actually work. It's best that you've just got to take a crack at it and see what works. That's how I learned," The Princess trails off as she glances as one of the still floating magazines. "Just not this much at once. I'll have a talk with my steward on the meaning of word subtle."

"Please do," Twilight smiles as she uses her magic to returns the magazines back to the box. "I appreciate the sentiment, but this a bit much." The mare adds gesturing to the pink package.

"Agreed, I should have asked you before assuming anything." The alicorn then gives the mare a cheeky grin. "But now back to the matter at hoof. Who did you ask out that you needed advice on?"

Twilight opens her mouth to response is cut off by the sound of dry heaving and the abrupt departure of a certain purple drake.

"Oh Faust, my eyes! I think I'm going to be sick!" Spike shouts as he rushes out of the room and disappears down the stairs.

"What's got into him?" Cadence inquires as she watches the dragon disappear from sight.

"I don't know; maybe it had something to do with that magazine he was reading." Twilight seizes the discarded literature with her magic, brings it to her face, and opens it to the last page it was left on. The mare's eyes go wide as a look of shock flashes across her face. "Mom?"



~***~


"Stand still, damn it!" A certain feline shouted as she attempted to land a hit a particular blue hedgehog.

"Not a chance," Sonic quips as he dodged the Sol ruler's strike and leapt backwards. "You need to calm down. You're not going to get any ground if you keep blindly trying to attack me like that."

Blaze lets out a low growl and lunges towards the blue hedgehog.

A tremor rattles the landscape, knocking f the ponies spectating off balance or fumbling to the ground.

"Are you sure it's safe to be this close?" A pink female earth pony with a yellow mane inquires. "Maybe we should back up a bit."

A certain cyan mare lands and gives the mare a smug look. "Na, this is the perfect spot. If you can't handle the heat…"

Whatever the mare was about to state is cut off as a pillar of fire shoots into the sky; just a few metres from where she was standing. Rainbow Dash gulps and the close call as she pulls something out from under her wing.

"Alright everypony, back up! Where too close!" The mare shouts into a oversized megaphone. "C'mon, move your flanks!"

The pink mare shoots Rainbow Dash a flat look before joining the others as they move to a safer location.

"That Sonic really needs to learn to stop putting his hoof… I mean foot in his mouth." The mare mutters as she trots past the cyan pegasus.

"Oh please, Bursyamo there needs to learn how to take a joke," Dash replies as she tucks the megaphone back under her wing. "Big guy's just having a little fun."

The mare shakes her head as she disappears into the crowd. "I hope your right, for both our sakes."

Dash looks on at the battle below as the feline continues to land a strike; only to miss and either swipe through the air next to the blue hedgehog or a piece of the landscape that meets an unfortunate end from her assault.

"Yeah, me too."

~ 15 minutes earlier ~

"I can't believe you forgot," An amused feline begins as she pulls her right arm behind her head with her left one. Till small crack is heard, followed by a slight wince. "You're the one that's always reminding everyone to ‘limber up', before doing anything ‘extensive."

Sonic lets out a quiet ‘meh' in response to Blaze's assessment while mirroring the felines movements; except in reverse. "What can I say, I guess I got so excited. That it totally slipped my mind. It happens."

"Indeed," The felines replies with a solemn nod and then switches arms before continuing. "While the simple life does have its benefits. It sometimes doesn't mesh well with our usual…shall we say ‘active lifestyle'? So, it's not uncommon to forget the regular routines that coincide with it."

Sonic switches to some improvised leg stretch. "More or less, it's like when you spend most of your evenings doing guard duty. Then to suddenly not have to do it anymore; after you've done it for so long. Leaves you unable to find something to do when nighttime rolls around."

"You used to have guard duty; I thought you were…"

"It was just an example," Sonic interrupts. "Though to be fair, I did have to on occasion. When we were short staffed or someone was sick, but that's beside the point."

"Yes, I suppose you are correct." A frown forms of the felines face as she lets her arms fall limp. "I've more than one occasion entertained the thought of offering to my council on some matters with the princesses." Blaze shrugs before continuing. "You know with my experience and all, but all I know is what to do turning times of hardship, conflict, or whenever Nega is up to something. However, this land is experiencing a long-term time of peace and from what other have told me. It has been like this for a while…with them ruling the entire time. So, it would feel rather out of place for me to suggest something, they probably already have figured out, long before I have."

The blue hedgehog raises his hand and opens his mouth to comment, but stops when he notices the Sol ruler isn't finished with her rant.

"Which begs the question; what are we doing here, Sonic?" Blaze exclaims as she throws her arms into the air in frustration. "I mean, why are either of us here? When this world apparently doesn't need us? It can't just be dumb luck or a fluke," The feline turns to the hedgehog. "Can it?"

Sonic expression shifts to an obscure one before frown crosses his face. "I used to ask myself the same thing when I first got here. Why of all the worlds and dimensions I could have gone, did I end up in this one?" A small smile crosses his face. "But then I realised something,"

"What's that?" The feline inquires.

The hedgehog shrugs before responding. "That it doesn't matter,"

"I don't follow,"

"Well, whatever the reason is. I'm here now, and I might as well make the best of it. And I think the same applies to you, Blaze." Sonic assures with a smile. "I mean, why else were you getting those visions and what not. There has to be a reason."


Blaze taps her chin as she processes what the blue hedgehog just explained. "Perhaps you are correct, but what could it possibly be that would warrant us to get involved?"

"I don't know," Sonic replies in a low tone. "But whatever it is, it's going to be big. And only time will tell when it happens."

The feline gives the hedgehog a sour look. "That was rather profound, Sonic. I was half expecting you to say something along the lines of ‘don't worry, we'll be back home before you can say onomatopoeia.' Or something equally as ridiculous." Blaze grins at the hedgehog. "It would appear your time here has been beneficial to you."

"I'm just going assume that was supposed to be a compliment," Sonic jokes before continuing. "But back to what I was saying; it seems like the only reason we're both here. I mean what else could it be?"
Blaze opens her mouth to interject, but is cut off as she's smacked across the back; causing her to stumbled forward in the process. "Now c'mon, enough standing around being all philosophical and stuff. Let's do this."



~***~

"No that can't be it, they seemed to be getting along then." The Pink mare comments as she watches Sonic as he continues to dodge the feline's attacks effortlessly. "Something else must have set her off."

Rainbow Dash taps her chin with a hoof as she watches the battle unfold. "Well if that's not it then…" The mare trails off as her eyes widen to a comically large size. "Wait, how do either of us know about that? They were already wrecking the place when we got here."

The two mare's shrug in unison before particular rainbow manned speedster turns to the mysterious mare. "I'm sorry, I never got your name."

"It's Lily, Lily Valley."

The cyan mare face hooves. "That's right, your one of the floral sisters that run that cart in town. How could I have forgotten about that?"

"Well, when was the last time you ever step hoof near any place that sells flowers?"

"Touché,"

As the two start to converse with each other. Pinkie Pie emerges from behind a large rock. "Phew, that could have been a real doozy, if they figured it out." The mare then turns to the reader. "Confused? Well then, sit back and let me try and clear things up for you."


~5 minutes earlier~


"It would seem, you may be on to something. Our recent conversation has given me a lot of think about." Blaze comments as she interlaces her hands above her head and shifts torso to the left, while her arms are to the right; till a series of small cracks can be heard.


While a certain hedgehog has his right leg bent and his left leg straight. Shifting his torso to the right and left. "It's just a theory I've had for a while. I mean why else are either of us here."

"Indeed," The feline mutters to herself as she pulls her right leg up and tucks it behind her head. "But it still would be nice to know the 'when' since we already know the why."

"I guess sooner than later," Sonic answers as he changes his stance. "With all that's been happening, I'd say it's gonna be...whoa!"

The hedgehog trails off as his attention is drawn to the feline besides him and the current stretch she's performing. Sonic lets his arms fall limp as he admires the feline's flexibility as well as attire and how it perfectly contours to her posterior.

Blaze notices the hedgehog's sudden silence and turns to her companion; which currently has a blank look on his face. "Is something the matter, Sonic? You kind of just trailed off just now?"

"I..um was just thinking about something." The hedgehog mutters out as he tries to tear his eyes away from the felines shapely behind.

"Really? And what would that be?"

"It's not important, no need to worry about it."

"Very well then, I'll take your word for it." The feline replies as she lets her right leg fall back towards the ground and pulls her left leg into the air; glancing at the hedgehog beside her out of the corner of her eye. As his expression shifts to his usual one to one of surprise and then to his previous blank one.

"Sonic," Blaze begins. "Hey, Sonic!" She then snaps.

The felines abrupt shift in tone snaps Sonic out his trance. "Whats up, Blaze?"

"You were staring," Blaze replies flatly.

"No, I wasn't!" The hedgehog counters. "I was just...uh admiring the uh outfit Rarity made for you. It's not often I see you out of your usual get up."

A smirk appears on the feline's face. "Really? You were 'admiring' my choice of clothing just now?"

"Yep, you should thank her next time you see her."

"I intend to, that I promise you. However, I will also address Ms Rarity on her tapering skills." The feline gestures to her torso with her free hand. "The jacket is a bit tight in the chest. While, the pants are rather snug in some places. And don't even get me started on this midriff." Blaze adds motioning to her exposed stomach with a small huff.


"Hey, you'll get no complaints from me," Sonic eyes widen as soon as that statement leaves his mouth. "Uh...I mean, I'm sure Rarity just made an honest mistake. Since you kind of were wrapped up like a mummy a few minutes ago." The feline's eyes narrow, prompting the hedgehog to fumble out another response. "Plus, it's probably her first time working with your 'proportions' and such."


A mischevious smile appears on the Sol Guardian's face. "You honestly expect me to believe that?" The feline takes a few steps to the side of the hedgehog and arches her back forwards in a way that has her feet remain on the ground, while both her hands touch the ground; causing the already stressed fabric to stretch further and give the hedgehog an eyeful of her ample bosom.


"Uh, yes?"

"You little pervert," Blaze teases as she returns to a standing position. "You were staring at me the whole time." She adds walking towards the shocked hedgehog.

"Well, to be fair. You were just asking for it, with that last stunt you just pulled."

"Oh-ho, so you finally admit it." The feline continues as she saunters around the now flustered hedgehog in a suggestive manner. "You finally show your true colours, Sonic." She adds while dragging her index finger from the middle of the hedgehog's collar bone right to the bottom of his chin. "You naughty boy,"

"Yes, I have been a very bad boy." The hedgehog replies with a lone tone.

Blaze takes a step back as her face goes flushed. "Wait, what?"

A huge smile suddenly appears on Sonic's face. "Oh, I like where this is going. I don't know what's gotten into you, Blaze. But I like it."

The feline says nothing as she opens and closes her mouth, trying to form a response.

Sonic tilts his head to the side before continuing. "What's wrong? I thought that was what you were going for?" The hedgehog then crosses his arms and lets out a sigh. "And here I figured you were trying to be more assertive." He then shakes his head. "I guess not."

"N-no, that's not what..." The feline mutters, as she finally finds her voice. "I was just...UGH! You do this every time, Sonic!"

"Every time, I what?"

The Sol Guardian balls her fists and clenches her teeth. "You always have to be the aggressor in these things. If your not the one making the first move, you'll be sure to turn it around in your favour."

"Uh Blaze, you're not making any sense. I mean if you were trying to make yourself attractive. You don't need to put on some act; you obviously aren't comfortable doing. Just be your...WHOA!"

Whatever Sonic was about to say, is cut off as something shoots past his head and explodes behind him. Risking a glance; the hedgehog looks behind him and notices a boulder split in two; with small arcs of lightning rolling off of it.


"Did you just-Did you just shoot lighting? That's awesome!" Sonic exclaims as he turns back towards the now enraged Sol Guardian. "Uh, Blaze?"

A look of both anger and embracement is present on the feline's face. As she balls her fists, while also taking a defensive stance. "Prepare yourself!" She proclaims as her forms engulfs in a raging inferno.

"Prepare for what?" Sonic begins just as the Guardian lungs at him. "Oh s***!"


~***~


"And I think that about sums it up!" A certain party pony announces as she plops down on her haunches and pulls out a comically oversized tub of popcorn. "And questions?"

"Yeah, just one?" A new voice inquires, prompting the mare to turn towards its source.

"Who are you talking to?" A confused Rainbow Dash asks as Lily nods in agreement.


"Oh nopony," Pinkie replies as she stuffs her maw with a massive amount of popcorn. "You should be paying attention to the fight." The mare adds, with only a slightly muffled voice.

"Uh right," The cyan mare mutters as she submits to any more questions from the party pony. Since it would only just confuse her further.



~***~

As the spectators slowly begin to increase, the battle down below has become rather one-sided. Since from the beginning, the Sol Guardian hasn't landed a single strike upon the blue speedster. While the latter has only dodged all attacks and as yet to throw a single punch or kick.

"Stop screwing around and fight me!" The feline roars as she attempts to land spinning heel; only to be blocked by a now smirking blue hedgehog. "Uh oh."

"Well, if you insist," The hedgehog replies in a friendly tone as he grabs the ankle of the guardian's leg he just blocked and effortlessly flings her over his shoulder. Causing said feline to lets out a powerful shriek as she's tossed to the ground.

"But only on one condition," Sonic finishes as he turns to the fallen combatant.

"And what would that be?" Blaze snaps as she springs to her feet and brushes herself off.

The hedgehog cross his arms and frowns at the Sol Ruler. "Well for starters; you need to calm down. We're not accomplishing anything with you acting like this."

"But, I'm not..eep!" Blaze is stopped mid-sentence as a particular blue speedster appears right in front of her; still bearing the same expression as before. "Sonic?"

"You mind trying that again, Blaze?"

The feline lets out a huff and crosses her arms. "Alright fine, I guess I was acting a bit rash."

"Pfft, a little rash?" Sonic laughs in response. "You were out for blood just a few minutes ago."

"Well if you hadn't gotten me so riled up." Blaze snaps.

The hedgehog takes a step back and holds his hands up in defence. "Alright, I'm sorry. Jeez. Had I known that you'd fly off the handle like that, I wouldn't have said anything."

"Apology accepted," The feline mutters under her breath.

Sonic smacks his hands together loudly before responding. "Good, let's finally get underway." He adds before zipping away and disappearing into some thick brush.

"Hey, where are you going?"

The hedgehog returns holding several long strips of white fabric. "Just grabbing something. Hey, can these resist fire and heat?"

"T-they do, but w-why do you have those?" The feline studders as notices her former Sarashi wrap in Sonic's hands.

Sonic begins wrapping one of the pieces around the top of his left glove and then down to the middle of his forearm. "Well, as great as the charm Twilight made works, I still can feel a lot of the heat. Which, as you can image negates point of this little exercise if I neither of us can get close; without risk of injury; mainly me." He then looks up at the feline; who's now sporting a dark blush. "You don't mind do you? I figured after today; you wouldn't need them anymore."

"Go ahead." The feline turns her head in a weak attempt to hide her crimson expression. "Why would I mind?"

The hedgehog raises an eyebrow in response. "They don't smell bad do they?"

"W-what no, it's just odd that you'd even consider using those." Blaze crosses her arms. "Considering where they've been."

Sonic shrugs in response and begins wrapping his other arm in the white fabric and then does the same with each of his legs and feet. "Hey, you have to work with what you got. Now, you ready to do this?"

"Of course, let's get this party started!" The feline emphasises her chant, by smashing her two fists together and taking an attack position.

"Lame,"

~Elsewhere~

A certain pink party pony spits out a mouth full of popcorn. "Hey!"

While another cyan pegasus trots next to a giant chalkboard. "Alright everypony, it looks like Bursyamo had stopped having her little tantrum. Place your bets. Cmon, who's feeling lucky?"


~***~

Back at the Golden Oaks Library, the projection of Cadence glances at the 'offensive literature' that chased Spike away. Currently in Twilight's magic grasp.

"I have to admit, the resemblance is uncanny, but I assure you. That is not Velvet."

"I certainly hope not. What would my father think if he knew that his wife; my mother was posing in some trashy magazine?" Twilight asks as she sits before the projection of the Princess.

Cadence takes another glance at the magazine before turning away. "He'd probably think it was hot."

"Ew, gross!" The lavender mare shouts as she gags at the comment. "That is so messed up!"

The princess chuckles at the unicorn's outburst. "I was only kidding, Twilight. I'm sure your father and the rest of the family would be furious. If they thought Velvet was doing something, so shameful." Cadence then shrugs and turns her attention back towards the floating magazine. "Besides this mare's cutie mark doesn't match and plus she looks way too young to have had kids." She then looks back at Twilight. "I think I know who this imposter is, turn the page."

Twilight complies with the request and uses her magic to flip to the next page of the mysterious magazine.

"Let see here, ah-ha!" The alicorn shouts as she motions to the next article. "The mysterious 'Imitateur' or copycat is an up and rising model in Prance. Is best known for her ability to take on the guise of any mare or stallion (should the latter have a semi feminine-ish like appearance.)" Both Cadence and Twilight shrug at the claim, but say nothing. "Initially thought to be a Changeling, Imitateur proved this false. When she was able to replicate the appearance of her accuser (later found out to be a jealous ex-lover) With the use of some makeup and a small amount of magic. Imitateur has stated on numerous occasions that all she needs is, but a glance at somepony and a moment to take on that pony's appearance. Should she wish to do so."

The lavender mare frowns as the princess finish reading the imposter's bio. "Well, that's rather disturbing. Knowing that a pony can look like another pony with such ease."

"It get's worse," Cadence adds as she attempts to (poorly) hold back a fit of laughter. "Take a look at this."

Twilight snatches away the magazine away. "Let me see," The mare's eyes widen as she glances at the magazine. "What the buck? That looks exactly like me!" She proclaims as the 'offensive literature' falls to the floor. Right to the page of a picture of said mare in a rather suggestive pose.

"I'll see to it that Imitateur stops impersonating any pony we know." The alicorn says with a solum tone.

The lavender mare tilts her head. "Can you do that? What I mean, isn't it illegal for even someone of the crown to hinder publication of something?"

"Normally yes," Cadence confirms with a nod. "However, if said article is seen as offensive or false. Then it's not looked down upon if I were to have it retracted." The alicorn waves her right hoof in a circular motion. "However, it's still frowned upon to some degree, so I'll probably just ask the publisher nicely, not to print have this 'copycat' not to do any more images of known heroes and their family's or friends."

"Please do,"

"Now on to more pressing matters," The alicorn begins with a smirk. "Who's the stallion that you asked out? Do I know him?"

Twilight frowns at the princess's question. "You're asking me this now?"

Cadence shrugs. "Why not, it seems like a better time than any." The alicorn then grins mischievously. "So spill it, I've been dying to know."

"It's..."The mare takes a deep breath to steady her nerves. "It's Sonic alright."

The grin vanishes from the Princess's face. "Sonic? I did know you two were even talking. You know given what happened last time we spoke."

"Well, a lot can happen in two months." Twilight counters. "We ended up having a long talk, and it turns out he already knew I had panicked when confronted about my feelings and...well said some things that I didn't mean." The mare finishes as face turns several shades of red.

"Oh-ho, cute and smart. It I wasn't already married to Shining. I'd get me a piece of that action."

"Cadence!" Twilight snaps. "How could you say something like that? I thought you loved my brother." The mare pouts as her ears fold back.

The alicorn lets out an amused giggle. "I was only kidding. I love my husband very much and would never even think of being unfaithful to him. You have to learn to take a joke." Cadence finishes as she frowns at the young unicorn.


"I know, just the thought of you even considering such a thing. Just made me lose it." The mare turns away and whispers to herself. "Besides, if you were serious, I really wouldn't have a chance with him."


Cadence leans forward. "I'm sorry I didn't catch that last part. What did you say?"

"Nothing," The mare grumbles. "I didn't say anything."

"Well ok then, did you have a place in mind at least? I know of a few that..."

"Way ahead of you," Twilight proclaims with a smug grin. "It's...."

Whatever the unicorn was about to say, is cut off as explodes in the distance. Shaking the Library and knocking Twilight off her hooves.


"What the buck was that!"

Next Chapter Preview:


Rainbow Dash: "Ok, I take back everything I just said. That was awesome!"

Twilight:"Once you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Pinkie Pie:"I have no words to what just happened."

Cheerily: "Now theirs no need to panic."

Rumble: "EVERYPONY PANIC!"

Button Mash: "Game Over Man, GAME OVER"

Through the Fire and Flames

Author's Note:

Thing have come to a boil as things really start to heat up. Will the winds of change grant our hero the push he needs to overcome this new obstacle or will he be overcome by the lady of fire? Find out next time on the next exciting chapter of Battle for Equestria!

A/N: Phew, another chapter done and many more to go. For those of you wondering, i tried a new technique as well as a new program to write this. Since My MS Word decided to stop working properly - DAMN YOU WINDOWS 10!

Anyway, let me know what you think in the comment section below.

All characters belong to their respective owners.