• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 4,637 Views, 210 Comments

Sonic: Battle for Equestria - Snicket



Something is not right in the land of Equestria. Things sit on a razors edge as tensions run high. As an unknown threat gains strength. The heroes of Equestria are about to face there greatest challenge.

  • ...
33
 210
 4,637

Intermission

“Everypony, this way!” A familiar voice commands as a certain lavender mare skids around a corner and then breaks into a full gallop. “Just a little further now, c’mon!”

With Twilight leading the pack, the mane 6 charge down the arena’s back hallways; each donning their respective element. The unicorn adjusts her tiara as she flicks back her head and fires a small burst of magic from her horn; casting the area in a faint pink light. Twilight frowns as she gestures to her right and turns down another corner.

“Over here!”

“I do hope it’s not that much farther, darling.” A certain fashionista laments and flicks her head to the side. “Had I known we’d be chasing evil spirits, I would have packed something more…fitting.” An amused snort draws the mare’s attention to a certain pegasus. “And what is it that you find so comical in this?”

“Oh nothing,” Rainbow Dash begins with a dismissive wave. “Just considering how much you usually pack whenever you leave the shop. I’m surprised that you didn’t bring something for just such an occasion”

Rarity growls and glares at the mare. “Sonic brought us here with his chaos magic, so I couldn’t… “

“Which, was so awesome!” Dash squees.

“True, but it didn’t allow me to bring anything I might need…later on.”

The pegasus blows a raspberry in response and pulls ahead. Prompting Rarity to roll her eyes in response and look back at a certain yellow Pegasus. “Fluttershy darling, are you ok?”

With a small shudder, the mare in question gives the fashionista a small frown and rapid head shake. “No Rarity, I’m not ok. I just had to watch one of my friends, battle the embodiment of nightmares.” Fluttershy shutter again. “Turning into that...that thing, just to prevent from being hurt…or worse.”

“Well ah if it makes ya feel any better, Sugar hog held his own rather well against Nightmare Moon just a minute or two ago.” A certain farm pony drawls as she slows her pace to match the frightened mares. “Ah figured ya of all ponies would be interested in…”

Applejack is cut off mid sentence as a flash a red zips past her; followed by a huge gust of wind.

“What in tarnation was…”

Everyone cautiously slows as they spot certain sol guardian standing at the end of two spitting paths of fire.

“Blaze uh, what are you...” Twilight attentively begins.

“Left,” The feline mutters out as she turns and disappears down the hallway.

“Wow!” Pinkie Pie proclaims in shock. “What ticked her off?”

The other remembers of the mane 6 slowly turn towards the party pony and gives her a flat look.

“What? Why is everypony staring at me like that?”


~***~

As the sounds of approaching hoof and footsteps draws near, Celestia and a small group of guards. Stand before a massive iron door with two female bat ponies standing in front of it.

“S-sorry princess,” One of the night guards shakily replies. “I’m u-under orders to not let anypony in, no matter the circumstance.”

The sun goddess narrows her eyes in response. “Even for me?”

“Y-yes p-princess, M-mistress L-Luna was very clear on you s-specifically.”

Celestia tilts he head and raises an eyebrow. “Mistress?”

“The night princess’s…companion said it as a joke and Miss Eco here took the term literally.” A voice snarky states drawing everyone’s attention to the other bat pony standing on the side of the door. “Miss Luna has asked that she not be disturbed, less the situation is dire and requires her attention.”

“Can she do that?” One of the Solar guards inquires as he turns to the princess.

“Yes,” Celestia confirms with a strained tone. “Lest one of us is not acting in the right state of mind or being controlled in some fashion. We have equal rule. So, while I can’t demand to be allowed entry, I can ask.”

“B-but princess,” The guard begins in a shaky tone. “You saw what went on out there; Princess Luna is obviously under that monster’s control!”

“I hope you don’t mean, Sonic.” A cold voice replies, inciting a cold shiver to run down a few of the guards spines; as a few turn towards a rather annoyed Sol Princess. “What is your name and rank, soldier?”

“Lucky Strike, Sergeant first Class; of our majesties Royal guard.” The stallion proclaims in ridged fashion and salutes the Solar Princess. “To protect the weak and defend our land against…”

“At ease Sergeant,” Celestia commands softly with a warm smile.

“Yes, ma’am!”

“By the stars and all that dwell within them,” Blaze comments as she shakes her head. “Your parents must have really hated you.”

And why do you say that?” The stallion inquires.

“You are named after a brand of cigarettes.”

As few of the other guards members start to snicker at the comment, while the General’s face turns beat red.

“Hey, maybe you can ask her for a light.” A guard comments, before he erupts in a fit of laughter.

“I always knew the sergeant was…” Another guard begins as he pauses for dramatic effect. “…smoking!” Several other guards and even the princess, poorly attempt to stifle their laughter.

“I guess Sarge can’t go anywhere in Manehatten, they just passed a smoking ban there.” A guard in the back adds, causing everyone to instead stop laughing and glare at the iron-clad pegasus.
“What?”

The sergeant grits his teeth in rage as he turns around to reprimand his men for misconduct, but stops as a loud moan echoes from the other side of the door. Everyone goes completely silent as another moan is heard; this one deeper than the last one.

“Oh my!” The unnamed bat pony comments as her face goes red.

“A-are they doing…w-what I think there doing, Nightingale?”

The mare now known as Nightingale shrugs and awkwardly clears her throat. “Well, that all depends on what you ‘think’ is going on in there, Echo.”

“Ah, I think I’m about to…” The high pitched voice begins, but is cut off by a loud crashing noise.

“Gah, already? This is like the third time now.” The other deeper voice says in a surprise. “Has it really been ‘that’ long?”

“You shall feel honored to know that you are the first to bring me to this point; in a very long time.” The night princess says in a seductive tone.

As the grunts and gowns continue, everyone stares blankly as the iron door. Most open there mouths several times; like a fish out of water. While a few mutter our various forms of not being paid enough for their job.

“That lucky bastard.” Lucky Strike mutters under his breath.

The sun princess’s wings go into a ridged pomp. While Blaze grits her teeth and begins channeling a large plume of fire into her right hand.

“What’s going on here?” A familiar voice demands, breaking everyone from there train of thought. As they turn to a certain lavender mare and her entourage. “Why is everyone standing here?” Twilight frowns as she notices everyone expression. “Why are you all blushing?”

Before the mare’s question can be answered, a feral growl echoes from the other side of the door; almost shaking it off its hinges and ground below it. Twilight’s eyes shrink to the size of pin dots as she fires a massive blast of magic at the door; knocking it clean off its hinges and sliding across the floor.

“WHO DARES TO DESTURB US?” An angry voice shouts, causing everyone to cover their ears. As a familiar disheveled alicorn steps into the hallway. “STEP FORWARD NOW OR –Sister?” Luna trails off as she spots the rest of the mane 6. “My friends, it is so nice to see you. What brings you to my humble resting quarters? Does thou wish to see…” The princess trails off she noticed the mixed looks she’s receiving. “Why is everypony staring at me like that?”

“Luna, what in heavens do you think you’re doing?” Celestia angrily asks as she closes the gap between herself and the night princess.

“Nothing that concerns them,” Luna states flatly as she attempt to smoother her rough appearance and gestures towards the Solar Guards. The Princess the smiles as she turns to her sister and the mane 6. “Come now, your presses in need in here. “ Luna frowns. “I shamefully admit that I was not able to finish the task at hoof.”

As the others awkwardly shift in place, Lucky Strike glares as his subordinates and then turns back towards the princess. “That was not ‘nothing’ something has transpired that…”

“Smokey is that you?” A deep voice inquires from within the room. “Didn't I tell you to get lost?”

Pinkie holds a hoof to her mouth as she attempts to stiffen a laugh. “I get it, because he’s named after a…”

“T-that is not for you do decide.” The stallion says in a shaky tone. “Only the Princess’s of the moon and sun can…”

“Don’t make me come over there!” The voice says with a deep growl, prompting the guard to let out a girlish shriek and hide behind Celestia.

“T--that won’t be necessary. I-I was just leaving.” He turns to his guards. “R-right?”

Noticing their commander’s plight, the guards let out an affirmed grunt, turned around and marched off.

“What a wuss.” Rainbow Dash states as she watched the guards scurry off.”

“Indeed, he seemed rather skittish around the princesses…especially Luna” Blaze adds as she crosses her arms behind her head. “Why is that?”

“A story for another day,” Celestia begins as she looks down at the two remaining bat ponies. “Less my sister has any objections, you two are dismissed as well.”

The two mares look at each other and then turn to the night princess, who gives them confirmed nod.

“Well alright then, if you’re sure.” Nightingale begins, waiting for a reply. When the sun princess nods, she continues. “We’ll in the barracks if you need anything.”

“Thank you, I shall summon you if we need anything.”

As the two night guards depart and disappear down the hallway, everyone turns to the night princess; who twitches at the sudden attention.

“What are you all staring at?”

The usual pristine and proper appearance of night princess is the question of everyone’s mine. Luna’s normally free flowing mane and tail drape lazily across her back; flashing in and out of enchantment like a drying florescent bulb. The alicorn’s usual flawless coat, is now matted and sticking up in several places. As well as a thin layer of sweat that covers most of her form. Gone are the princess’s royal regale; save for her crown. Though only do to a bounding spell that keeps it in place.
Luna awkwardly shifts in place as her sister and friends examine her. Everyone’s faces shifting from wonder to disgust as they continue to look over the alicorn.

“Is there something on my face?” The princess inquires as she attempts to glance at the tip of her snout; causing a few of the onlookers to let out a small growl. “Somepony please, explain what is going on here?”

Everyone ignores the midnight blue alicorns request and remains silent. Noticing her question remains unanswered, Luna turns to her sister and tilts her head to the side. “If this is some kind of joke, we are not amused.” The mare states flatly. “All we wish, is to know why…”

“Have you forgotten your promise to father, dear sister?” Celesta sternly asks, as she breaks the silence. “What we promised him before he passed?”

Luna nods. “Of course, we shall never…”

“What is going on out here?” A gruff voice demands as a mass of fur emerges from the doorway. “Someone knocked down the door, and then everything goes quiet as Smokey and the bandits left.”

Sonic steps into the candle lit hallway and stops as he’s about to pass Luna. Unlike the night princess, the former hedgehog’s appearance remains mostly the same; taken into account the current situation.

“W-what?” Twilight mutters in disbelief. “H-how? The princess looks like that.” The mare gestures to Luna. “While you look like…that.” Twilight says as she waves her hoof at Sonic.

Luna raises an eye brown in response to mare’s comment and then glances at the others; who share similar expressions of disbelief.

“I think they may have gotten the wrong idea of what we were just doing.” Sonic comments as he glances as the troubled expressions on his friend’s faces. “Maybe we should explain, before this goes sideways.”

The night princess turns to the former hedgehog and nods. “Agreed, it would be most troublesome if they came to the wrong conclusion.” Luna gestures to the room Sonic and she just emerged from. “Come now, lets us step forth and resolve this matter, away from prying eyes and intrusive ears.”

Luna steps to her side as she ushers the others through the doorway, but then extending a wing and stopping a certain lavender mare. Causing said mare to look up at the princess with puzzled look.

“Not you Twilight, not yet anyway. You need to repair these doors that were damaged from your magic.” The night princess snaps her wing back to her side and steps through the doorway. “We shall wait till you arrive.” Luna smirks. “Don’t take too long, it is in your best interest, to not keep a princess waiting.”

The lavender mare grumbles a few choice words as Luna steps through the doorway. “I’ll show her *mutter*. She has the nerve to...”

“You might want to stop doing that.” A deep voice says from the mare’s right. “I’m sure she can still hear you.”

Twilight snaps her head towards the towering form of Sonic. “Y-your still here?” The mare asks in a shaky tone. “I thought you’d be in there with the others.”

Sonic grins and steps towards one of the fallen doors. “And leave all this for you to clean up?” The former hedgehog lets out an amused grunt. “What kind of friend would that make me?”

“A bad one.” Twilight replies with a small smile.

“And why would I want that?”