• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 5,718 Views, 186 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Sins of an Alicorn - Alchemystudent



Nyx awakens to find herself in the Equestrian Wasteland. Her goal, survival in the wastes, can she hope to do it alone?

  • ...
32
 186
 5,718

Villian

+ if you want somepony to do something, shouldn’t you tell them?

As weird as it may seem, even though Swift and Guiding had both waned me of the Enclave, I had always found sleeping on the cloud to be of a comforting way to sleep. Maybe its because its the only way I could see the stars anymore, or maybe it’s the pegasus in me, but the clouds have been some of the best ways I found to sleep.

I had chosen to sleep on the clouds the night before because I wanted to watch the stars for a bit. Stargazing had been something that me and Mom loved doing together, and it was one of the ways I had learned to bond with Princess Luna over the years. Over the years, I had found myself falling in love with the stories of the constellations, even if some of them had made me a little sad. Mainly because I had felt bad for some of them, and some of the stories had even seemed harsh.

As the sun began to drift from its morning position, I twitched my ear in the direction of the sound of somepony practicing his swords skills. Rolling over onto my bell, I parted the clouds a little to look down at Swift as he used his wing blades. A smile crept across my face as I watched his movements. I had to admit, though he was on an opposite side of me in terms of philosophy, he did make this journey of mine just a little more bearable. I let loose a little sigh as I stood up on my legs and flew down to the ground behind him. Slowly I crept up, hoping to shock him a little bit, “Hello Nyx.”

“I took a step back a little in shock as he said that, “H-how did you guess.”

“Your landing from somewhere high up, plus the fluttering of your cape,” Swift sid, looking to me, “Practicing more of your levitation spells I see?”

“Um, yeah, I mean you know, those things are pretty complicated,” I giggled, putting my hoof behind my head and trying to feign stupidity.

Swift narrowed his eyes to me and gave a flap of his wings, “No, I wouldn’t know.”

“Right,” I sighed, a little blush coming across my muzzle. With a smile, I looked at the dripping water from a tree branch, “Oh and look at this.” I walked away from the rocky outcropping that we used for a shelter last night and to a wet tree. Thrusting my hoof under the dripping water, I pulled back a dry hoof.

“You perfected your speed training, good,” smiled Swift as he walked back to our bags. “This means that I can prepare the second portion of your training.”

My curiosity piqued , I walked over to watch him pull out a small bungee cord and a hook, “Couldn’t scavenge a pulley.”

“A pulley, why would you need aa, “I let out a gasp as I felt him connect the cord to my horn, and then the other end to Dusk, “ What is this?”

“Since unicorns have magic, their draw speed is significantly different from an earth pony’s or a pegasus. A little slower as a matter of fact,” Swift said, walking in front of me.

“I stammered at this, “S-slower? But, my magic-”

“Allows for you to use objects without wing or mouth or hoof. Have you ever considered what it takes to hold an object in your magic? You maybe one of the most powerful unicorns I had ever seen,” I blushed at that statement, not wanting to talk about how powerful Mom was, “But you still need to compensate for an object's weight and mass to lift.”

“So, what does this pulley do?” I asked, struggling a little as I tried to slash down with my blade, only to find the pulley pulling me back.

“It holds your swings back, making your sword harder to slash. You are to perform the slashes I tell you to do with that pulley attached,” Swift said, sitting on a rock and looking at me.

“And then what?” I asked feeling the sweat roll down my head.

“The more we do it, the easier you’ll find that it is to pull your sword out, to swing with it. That speed training that I put you through will then have a purpose as your sword will then begin to feel as easy to swing as your hoof,” Swift said, taking a bite out of some of the canned apples we had bought from the previous town. His smug look made it seem that he was going to enjoy seeing me do this.

Looking ahead, I narrowed my eyes and said, “All right, begin!”

“Horizontal slash,” Swift said. With a flick of my magic, I tried to move my sword, but in spite of my efforts, I strained and barely could move it. When I heard his command again, I strained to pull against the opposing force, but it was becoming harder and harder with each command.

“Not so easy, is it?” Swift asked, taking another bite of his apple and chuckling.

Shooting him a nasty glare, I tried again, only to cause me to spin in a circle and land on my flank. Shaking my head in frustration, I got up and began to try to complete the exercise. Turning my head, I saw Swift make a daffodil sandwich, “This is something you would really enjoy isn’t it? Breakfast? The stallion at the shop said that this was scavenged from a food mart, preserved with who knows how many chemicals, but it is good and quite rare.”

My mouth watered, “P-Please, let me have it.”

Swift flew into the air, “One complete swing, and I will let you have it.”

My lips formed into a snarl and could feel my wings twitch in anger beneath my cloak. I would’ve loved for nothing more than to take flight and take that delicious piece of grub, but I knew I had a secret to maintain. With a frown, I strained and grunted, trying to resist the pull of the pulley that was holding back my swing and holding back my magic.

Panting, I could feel the sweat roll down my face as the sword hung there in the air, the pulley reminding me who was in control. I was about to beg for mercy and quit, when a memory came to me.

“Quitting?” asked Shining Armor, looking down at me as I sat on my haunches, “A Sparkle doesn't quit.”

“I’m adopted, I don’t count!” I snarked as I struggled to get back up. “You are asking the impossible of me, Uncle Shining! You want me to break through the unbreakable shield of my uncle!”

“Nothing is is impossible, Nyx,” Shining said. “And besides, I am only doing this so you can really tap into your powerful magic. You keep holding yourself back when you don’t need to.”

“I don’t want to hurt other ponies,” I said, looking away.

“That is the point of this exercise. If you can focus your powerful spells, then you can refine it to a point that you can use it to break down the strongest of barriers,” Shinning said, “Now try again. Remember, just focus.”

“Focus,” I whispered to myself as I closed my eyes, and with a loud yell, I swung down the sword and my first slash.

Swift sarcastically clapped his hooves and threw me the sandwich, “Congratulations, you made one slash. Soon, you’ll able to perform two without concentrating.”

I only looked at him with a sarcastic look as I took the sandwich in my magic and ate it.


Our trek across the Wasteland continued on for a few more days, with the air being mostly calm and slightly breezy. I had to admit, though he is a very stoic pony and can be aggravating, Swift made this trip a little brighter. IT made it strangely feel like a trip back in old Equestria. Looking up at him as he flew overhead to scout ahead of us, I felt a pang of jealousy. I could feel my wings twitch at the urge to join him in the air, but resisted the drive to take off.

I’ll admit, there is a love/hate relationship between me and the two feathered appendages. While they are nice to let me fly at high speeds and are a big help in making me faster than most, they still are responsible for making ponies scream in terror when they see me. After all, in this little wasteland that I’m in, I am viewed as a monster. Even more so than back home. A little wistful sigh escaped my lips as I looked to an outcropping that jutted out from a hill.

Deciding to let Swift scout for a few more minutes, I sat down on the rock and pulled out Mom’s journal to read some more of it. I hadn’t had much of a chance to read the book since I had left Manehatten, and I kind of wanted to pass the time by seeing what adventures Mom had written about her and the others.

I let out a chuckle when I read Rarity's section, and even smiled when I skimmed a little over Fluttershy’s parts. A smile crept across my face while I read the book, admiring my Mom’s writing style. When she wrote, she had this way of writing that made it feel less of an teacher telling you something and more like a fellow student talking about her friends.

Flipping through the book, I smiled when I got to the end, lookin at her photo of her and the others. It was the photo they took when they had all become Ministry mares... the last time I could remember them being happy. Slowly I traced my hoof along mom’s picture, wishing I could bring that smile back to the ponies of this place.

For a brief moment, I wondered if my story would become interesting enough for a good story. I know about the book written by those two ponies back when I was a teenager. But, it’s impossible to see any written about my teenage years. Wonder if anypony would be interested in my journeys or my adventures through the wastes.

I was taken out of my thoughts to the sound of flapping wings. Looking up, I saw Swift coming in for a landing in front of me, “Nyx, you need to come and see this.”

Nodding, I put away my book and began to follow swift over the hill and down a few miles where I could see a burned out and wrecked farmhouse. At first, I believed it to be more ruins, but then I noticed that the fire was still going and was very fresh, “Stars, no,” I whispered as I ran to the house, only to be shocked at what I saw.

The farmhouse was charred and in front of it was a couple of ponies, burned beyond recognition. Their bodies were burned in such a way that they were posed as if they were about to touch one another, “Raiders?”

Swift shook his head as he took in the scene, “No, the decorations aren’t nearly as gruesome. And besides, I looked inside of this place, there was some remnants of drugs that were left behind. No raider would leave a stash like that behind.”

“Then, who could it be?” I asked as I looked at the two bodies, and then I saw tracks leading away, along with what looked like a foals tracks, “They kidnapped their child.”

‘Hmmm?” Swift asked.

My years of guard training and analysis began to kick in as I walked to the set of tracks, “Look, three sets of tracks, plus a little foals tracks. Look at the way it was jostled and uneven, they were trying to drag the kid away.”

“So, a couple of monsters came in, destroyed a farm, and kidnapped a young foal,” Swift said, looking back at me. “Any normal pony would say that this wasn’t our problem.”

“But, I am not exactly normal,” I said, walking away. “We are saving that foal and making those monsters pay for what they did here.”


It may have been a detour off of our beaten path, but traveling the path of the kidnappers did all me to appreciate some of the beauty of wastes. While much of it was still desolate in comparison to the world I had come from, there was still something... unique about it all. Maybe it was the silence covering the land or just the way that the ground seemed to settled in after all that had happened to it. It was s kind of peaceful in its own way.

While I traveled on foot, keeping an eye on the tracks set by the kidnappers, Swift kept to the air. Occasionally, I would peek up to the sky to make sure that he was on the same path I was. The ponies who took the foal knew what they were doing. They kept to an unbeaten path and would double back from time to time. I almost admired them for what tricks they pulled. Shame for them I was tracking them.

When night fell, I told Swift that we had to rest, “Are you sure?” he asked.

I nodded, “The kidnappers need rest too. When we have to fight them in order to save the kid, we need to be fully rested.”

“Impressive,” Swift said with a smile as he laid next to the fur I had made. “I almost expected you to hunt down the criminals until you collapsed from exhaustion.”

“I can be hard headed. Not stupid,” I joked as I pulled some of the mirelurk stakes that Swift had prepared before and some preserved apple dices for myself

As I took a bite of one of the cakes, I look up at the cloud cover, “Why would they kidnap A foal anyway?”

“Slaves, or an alicorn thought the child would work well for Unity,” Swift said.

“Would an alicorn be so heartless?” I asked.

“Alicorns are monsters, Nyx,” Swift said, making me wince and push my cape over my wings a little more. “I have seen some obliterate whole swath of ponies, and only let a few live just to make sure they have souls for Unity. There were a few times when I had lost somepony I tried to protect against those monsters.”

I shuddered a little, “I... see,” looking at my wings resting under the cape, I let out a sigh. Looking at Swift and his outfit, I wanted to find something to talk about instead of alicorns. Noticing a small necklace that he had, I smiled, “Nice necklace.”

Swift smiled softly as he looked at me, “Thanks, it belonged to the Sky-Cutters, the group of samurai I was with.”

“That’s right, you came from a Neighpon stable,” I said. Looking at the pendant, ten-blades surrounding metal feather. “What was that like?”

“”Tough, we were trained since we could walk in the ways of a samurai, how to use swords and how to kill,” he said, before looking back at his wigs, “I was a pegasus born to a pair of earth ponies. So, you can imagine I didn’t have anypony to really teach me how to wield wing blades.”

“Then how did you learn?” i asked, looking at his wingblades as they laid at his side. These things always amazed me when I saw them. They were made so they acted like a second set of wings., and when the pegasus stretched out their wings for a glide, the blades would stick out, kind of like a cat and its claws.

Swift smiled, “I had an unicorn sensei who read up on the style and use of them. The Stable kept a lot of books on swordplay and wing blades. It's how anypony still knew how to use them.”

“I would love to read those books,” I said, smiling. “Why didn’t you stay?”

“In Neighpon? “ he asked, and then smiled softly, “Me and my company decided we needed to travel in order to help ponies. We traveled for a bit, helping who we can and then we,” there was a pause in his dialogue, and a small shudder in his breath as if he was hiding something. Then he continued, “We broke up. I went on to do odd jobs for ponies until I met you.”

“Regret it?” I chuckled, to which swift shook his head.

“No, you make this journey a little more interesting,” Swift chuckled as he laid down and began to fall asleep.

I smiled as I watched my friend sleep. Annoying as he can be with his ‘Swift Death to Evil’ ideology, there were times when he could look peaceful or even become relatable. I really began to enjoy having someone to bounce off of and he is pretty nice when he wants to be. Smiling a little , I snuggled up close to him so we can sleep together.

...

...

I don’t have a crush!!!


The next morning, I woke up to the sounds of Swift talking with a pony. Stretching my limbs by pushing my forelegs out and raising my flank, I made my way over to the talking pair of ponies, “Ah, Nyx, good of you to join us.”

“Ah, so the sleeping beauty wakes up,” the stallion said, pushing up his ap with a hoof as he looked to me with a smile. “I was wondering if you just like sleeping long hours or you just get calmed by the sound of two ponies talking.”

“I sometimes like to sleep in,” I said, getting to a position to sit in between the two stallions. I turned to look at the sea-green stallion to my left, “And you are.”

“Cliff Notes, book collector and seller by trade. I had seen your friend asleep and wanted to ask him about his wing-blades.”

“Enclave aren’t exactly known for carrying these, so you can imagine that they are a lost art,” Swift said, looking at his weapons as they laid by his side, some cleaning rags by them.

“I have an old book on their upkeep and creation,” the stallion said, his manehatten accent thick, “And I wanted to know how accurate it was.”

I smile and nodded, “Do you have any other intact books? We have a few extra caps.”

“Sure,” Cliff said, reaching into his satchel, pulling out various books, “I got some Past Sins, Ponies Make War, Fall of Starfleet, and Book of Nightmare.”

“Wait, Book of Nightmare?” I asked, picking up said book in my magic.

“Yeah, it’s one of things published by the Children of Nightmare,” Cliff said. “Don’t know why they keep making that malarky.”

“They sold you a book,” I said incredulously. “Just who are these guys, some sort of cult?”

“Something like that,” Cliff said, putting away some of his wares. “I had the fortune of attending one of their club meetings. They say they’re a group of ponies who are determined to bring about the real rulers of the new Equestria, the Nightmares.”

I raised an eyebrow at this statement, “The Nightmares?”

“Yeah, kind of like Nightmare Moon,” Cliff said. They say that since all of Equestria has turned away from Harmony, that it mean that Equestria must want to turn and obey Disharmony.”

“How do they plan on doing this?” I asked.

“Don’t know. But they say this was their mission ever since they came into being thanks to their leader helping them see the light,” Cliff said.

“I see, and do you have any idea where they are?” Swift asked.

“No clue,” Cliff chuckled. Then he smiled, “But, I did find a pony who said they saw the real Sol in flight.”

“Oh brother,” Swift said, rolling his eyes.

“What, don’t ya believe?” Cliff asked.

With a frown Swift shook his head, “Beings like that aren’t exactly common. Especially if they are as powerful as this Sol. Why can’t anypony define her? Why can’t anypony lay claim to her tru-”

Cliff interrupted, “The pony who saw her, say that Sol is an alicorn. And not those goddess born ones either, but an honest to Celestia pure blood alicorn.”

“Really? “ Swift said in disbelief. “If that’s true then... Nyx is an alicorn.”

My eyes shot up at this and I quickly tried to make myself scarce, “Uh, yeah, that would be odd. Everypony knows those alicorns are demons and only belong to Unity, there is no way that this Sol is a pure blood alicorn.”

“Hey, I don’t confirm stories, I just tells them,” Cliff said getting up. “I got to get to that settlement that is a few miles away from here. Heard’s they in the business for some books, be seeing ya,” Cliff said walking away.

“Bye,” I said, turning away and beginning to walk along the trail, “Nice stallion.”

“Albeit a little foolish. Another believer in Sol, and now this story is about her being an alicorn!” Swift shook his head in disbelief.

“Why is that so hard to believe?” I asked

Swift shook his head, “Because why would a pony that is powerful as an alicorn hide herself and her power. Why not become like a Red Eye or some other would be world threat lie 42? Why disguise her power behind legend and myth?”

I didn’t have an answer, but the idea that there was another alicorn like me was a little nerve wracking. Saying nothing, I began to follow the tracks leading away from our campsite


It didn’t take long for us to find the end the tracks, leading into a large chapel. I turned to look to Swift, who nodded at me and he flew through a broken window. With a few silent steps, I opened the door. With a loud creak, the door open to reveal... nothing,” Can’t say I am surprised “ Swift said.

I nodded,” They might been here for only a short,” I paused and looked at a trap door. With a short sigh, I opened it. Walking down the stairs with Swift right behind me, I began to hear voices from a large chamber.

“Children of the Nightmare, today is a grand day. For today begins our first step onto bringing Equestria back onto the path of darkness. Long ago, Equestria had.abandoned the path harmony and light, instead choosing the path of death and darkness. Such, we have used our magic to bring forth the herald that will lead us into a new age,” I hid myself and Swift behind a pillar to watch as the stallion talking walked to a pair of giant doors, “Behold, the sweetest lie, Nightmare Whisper!”

I let out a gasp as I watched the hulking behemoth walk out from behind th gates. From behind me, i could hear Swift ask in a horrified whisper, “Nyx, what is that thing?”

“That,” I said, with a growl, “is a nightmare.” I could feel my blood begin to boil as I looked at the creature before me. I was obvious that they took the filly from that farm and made this... abomination. It easily stood taller than most ponies, closer to an ursa minor. Big grotesque butterfly wings sprouted from her light green bac, surpassed in horror by the bloody horn that stuck out from her forehead and her lifeless eyes.

IT was then I noticed the east began to lash out, reaching out with its paw and slamming it down on the leader, crushing him. When it used its paw, that was when I caught a glimpse of its exposed ribcage. Before I could fully take in the horror of the monster, the ponies around the circle began to scream in horror when chains escaped from its ribs to hit some of the ponies. Turning my head to Swift, I gave a silent nod and we both flew into action.

As he flew, I ran as fast as I could, slashing at the chains that were holding the ponies down. Each time I slashed at the chains, each pony would look at me with a sense of relief and tears of happiness. Nodding my head to a door, the ponies followed my lead and ran to the saf zone, where Swift was leading the others as well. Initing my horn with a pure white glow, I froze the door. With the ponies safe and only me and Swift left to fight the monster, I heard my pegasus companion asked, “So, what is a nightmare?”

“Think of like this, when a pony becomes an alicorn, they embrace their cutie mark to its fullest. They embrace what makes them special completly, but a nightmare is the opposite,” I said, feeling a certain tingle in the back of my mind. “It;s when a pony denies their most inner virtue, what makes them special, like kindness or loyalty. It’s what happened to Luna when she became Nightmare Moon, She became envious, and hateful, turning into a pony who wanted nothing more than to plunge the world into eternal darkness.”

“Have any idea what they did to this filly?” Swift asked.

I shook my head, “I don’t know, but when we are done here, I am going to beat the answers out of them. But right now I-AHHH!” I screamed as one of the chains pierced my side and through my wings and for a few moments my world went white.


When the light returned to the world, I saw the ponies of my past running through green fields. It was as if the war had never happened. Growling, I shook my head, “Think you can trap me here, nightmare? Heh, you are just a child if this is the best you could come up with.” Taking a few deep breaths, I spread my wings and began to break the dream world. “I had plenty of practice in the dream world when I was 12 and then when I was 15 I had mastered it. There is only one nightmare that would scare me into staying here, but I think you have no idea what it is.” Closing my eyes I flew out of the dream world.


With a gasp, I opened my eyes and stood back up, using my magic to pull out the chain in my side. For a few minutes, I stumbled a little, trying to regain my balance. In Spite of my earlier boasting, Using a spell like that to break the dream was still draining on my mana. Not to mention the hole in my side and wing. The blood began to trickle down my side and onto the floor, making a small pool. Looking up, I watch as Swift dodged and try to score a hit on the beast. Sending out my blade, I cut the chains. Then I turned around and used an ice spear to stab the creature through the legs, before readying a lighting spell in my horn. This was noticed by the beast as it swiped a paw at me, slamming me into the wall and hitting my stomach with a powerful spell.

Dropping from the wall, I let out a moan of pain and a small cough, only to get hit again before I could recover. Slashing through my armor and into my back, leaving deep gashes. Looking up, I watched as the monster prepared another blow and I prepared for impact. A few shots rang out and hit the side of the monster. Looking over, I winked at Swift as I quickly used Dusk to cut the face and stomach of the monster. Then I grabbed Swift with magic and hid behind cover, “Nyx, I don’t think you are going to keep you vow with this one.”

‘But that thig used to be a foal! We can’t kill it, there has to be a way-”

Swift interrupted me, his eyes narrowing, “Nyx, the foal is gone. There is only a monster left. There’s no way you can stop it or cure it!”

“But but-” I paused. There had to be a way I could stop it from going any further. Watching as the beast continued to lumber around the room in search of ponies, my mind began to race for some plan or a way that this could could end without a death.

Looking back up at the door, I created a clone. Looking at my duplicate, I nodded towards the door and watched as she flew up to the door. After a few minutes of waiting, my shadow clone returned to me and whispered in my ear.

Dismissing my clone, I wavered a little feeling the strain taking it toll on me, “Are you alright?” Swift asked me, the worry evident in his voice.

“Y-yeah I’m fine. Just using a lot of mana and it's taxing,” I shuddered and looked at the door above us. “I have an idea. I just need you to blind it.”

“Blind it?” Swift had a smile that said He had been given a ticket to wage war. Flying upward, he nimbly bobbed and weaved the chains from Whisper, until he made his way up to her eyes and slashed them. As the monster roared in pain, I shouted to it.

“Hey, Whisper! The one who blinded you is up here!!” With a smirk, I began to run up the stair and out of the chapel.

Running out of the chapel, I stood in the center of town and waited. With a glare, I narrowed my eyes at the beast as it burst out of the chapel with a roar. With a quick sidestep, I moved out of the way of one of its chains as it tried to strike me.

Looking up at the ears of the beast, I couldn’t help but smile at it inherit weakness. See, the problem with being so big is that some of it senses were intensified. With a flick of my magic, I sent both sword and sheath at her ears and slammed the guard against the sheath at such a speed that it caused a high pitched sound to ring out. As the sound hit the monsters ears, it caused it to scream in pain and fall to the ground in pain.

Using all the strength I had, I jumped up into the air and slammed my swords dull edge into the skull of whisper as hard as I could, knocking it out. Breathing hard, I then dragged the unconsciousness nightmare to the Stable that my clone pointed out

It only took me a few minutes to reach the stable, and I read the number to myself, “Stable 77?” I asked to myself, opening the door with my password and throwing the best inside. Then, using my magic, I froze the door solid. I figured this should keep it safe until I could figure out how to cure her.

As I walked back to the town, my sides still bleeding from the battle, I let out a small sigh as I watch Swift lead the Children of Nightmare out of the church before fainting.


For a few hours, I felt myself drift in and out of consciousness.During that time, I could hear shouting, growls from Swift, and what sounded like ponies whimpering in fear. When I woke up again fully, I found myself in a bed, “Welcome back,” Swift said with a smile.

“Swift,” I panted, sitting up in my bed. “H-how long was I out?”

“Long enough for me to change a dressing on your bandage. I must say, I am impressed with how you were able to survive as long as you did with your wound, but considering what you are,” Swift said, looking at my side.

Taking a look down at what he mean, I then noticed my cape was gone a nn my wings were laid bare, “Oh my gosh, Swift, I am so-”

Swift raised a blue hoof to stop my apology, “It’s fine, realy. I had long suspected there was something up. Your excuses that your unique skills, your super strength and ability to jump high coming from a unicorn spell could only carry you for so long.”

“Swift, I am so sorry, but I had to. I couldn't tell you that I was an alicorn” I said, a feeling of dread coursing through me.

“If this were a few weeks ago, I would be madder. I would think that an evil monster would try and deceive me, waiting for a chance to strike my back,” Swift said, before putting a hoof onto mine, “But, I have traveled with you for a few weeks, and I know that wouldn’t be true. It isn’t in your character to deceive like you did without a good reason, and you have one. It’s probably not easy to walk around the wasteland, being what you are, and not expecting everypony wanting to you dead.”

“Yeah, that’s why I had to hide myself,” I said, still remembering the look of fear in that mare’s eyes.

“This also allowed me to see the real you. The hero that is willing to help others and to fight for what she believes in, naive and foolish as it may be. If I had met you before, I would've killed you,” Swift chuckled, “But, now I see you as something important to the Wasteland... a hero.”

“Just a foalish one, right,” I giggled, making Swift nod his head.

“More importantly,” he then rubbed the side of my cheek, “a friend.”

I sighed a little and ran my face against his hoof, “Thanks. So,” I said, looking out the door of the abandoned building he had us resting, “What happened while I was out?”

“I freed the Children of Nightmare and then had a long talk with their second-in-command. After some interrogation, I found out where their main base is, not far from here actually,” Swift said, impressed.

“Really?” I asked.

Nodding, Swift remarked, “It appears they really wanted to impress their boss. Once you are well we can-”

I interrupted him by rolling out o f the bed and putting on my cape, “I want to end these guys now. Then I can get back to find what happened to Rarity.”

Swift could only nod and walked t the door, “Let me lead you there.”

Nodding, I followed him out the door.


It took us only a few hours to reach the chapel that laid outside of the town, still remarkably intact all things considering. We trotted up to the chapel and stepped in, only to be pushed back by the heat from within,” What?”

“The heat,” groaned Swift as he pushed back the door.

Using my magic to put a cold shield around us, we walking in, seeing the church ablaze, “Who put this pla-”

Any questions I had were interrupted by the begging and screaming of a pony with in, “S-sol, why? We did what you wanted, we gave you what you-”

The pony in flames growled, her feminine voice tinged with a fiery growl, “Things have changed. I no longer have need of the Nightmares to bring forth my reality.” she said incinerating the pony on the spot. Then, looking at the two of us, she blasted us back with a wave of heat energy. Stepping out, she began to tone down her flame to allow us to see her, “Ah, so my counterpart has arrived. A pleasure.”

It was then when I found out why no pony could say if she was an unicorn, pegasus, o r earth pony. My eyes widened in terror as I watched her retract her wings, and her horn began to extinguish the flames around her, “You’re an alicorn!”


Footnote: Level Up!

New Perk: Nightmare Slayer: Your ability to discern dream from reality has improved thanks to your lineage. You are 20% more resistant to dream spells.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Zolt for the edits.

And now, the villian of the piece. What I am going for here is that if Nyx is Kenshin, then Sol is Shisio.