• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 1,742 Views, 15 Comments

Movie Troubles - Sr Face Tear



Twilight and Rainbow Dash go on a date to see the new Daring Do movie, When the projector malfunctions and they never get to see how it ends, they decide to sneak into the restricted area and borrow a copy of the film so they can watch it.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,742

A Daring Solution

A Daring Solution

By: Timelord358


In a flash of violet light, Twilight appeared in the middle of her library, she placed the Daring Do movie on the nearest table and started pacing around the room.

"I can't just leave her there all alone, there has to be something I can do to get her out of there," Twilight said to the empty room, she let an annoyed groan escape her mouth, "Come on, think, Twilight, Think," She started looking around the room for any kind of inspiration, until her eyes fell on to the Movie case on the table, "That's it! now where's that book?"


Rainbow Dash sat in a metal chair at a small metal table, with the earth pony guard sitting across from her, he wast staring at her intensely.

What's Your Name?" he asked her.

"Rainbow Dash."

"Who were you talking to in that room, and where's the Movie?" he asked.

"So what, Don't I get to know you name?" She said, moving a hoof in a questioning motion.

"My name is Watchful Eye, now stop avoiding the questions."

Rainbow looked at the blue eye Cutie mark on his grey flank, "Shouldn't that be a closed eye?" she asked pointing at it, " You were sleeping on the job."

"I was on a break, now answer the questions." He ordered, gnashing his teeth together.

"What was the question again?" Rainbow asked, a snirk creeping on to her face.

"Who were you talking to in that room, and where did you put the movie?" he asked again.

"Hmm, I'll take delays for five hundred." she told him.

He slammed his hoof into the table with a loud thud, "Just answer the bucking question!"

Oh, well if you want me to answer some bucking questions the you're going to have to ask some first, although it would probably be better to ask Applejack about that, it is her area of expertise," She finished with her hoof scratching her chin.

Watchful Eye brushed a hoof through his short, light grey mane, Before letting out a sigh, "I'm going to go get a drink, you better be ready to answer me when I get back," he said as he walked to the door, before walking through it and locking it behind him.

Rainbow let out a quick laugh, "That was to easy."


Twilight closed the book in front of and looked around the room, "Okay, this spell will work, but I need a drawing of her first," She tapped her hoof on the ground as she thought of where she could find an original Drawing of Daring Do,and not just one that had been copied on to the cover of a book thousands of times.

"Rainbow told me that she's been practicing her art skills as she put it, maybe I can find a picture that will work at her house, it's worth a shot,"

She went to her kitchen and grabbed the spare key Rainbow had given her when the started dating, 'Don't worry Rainbow, I'm on my way."


Rainbow was lounging back in her chair, her hooves behind her head and her eyes closed, until she heard the door opening, She opened her eyes and watched as Watchful Eye walked back to his seat and placed an orange caffeinated liquid in a clear glass in front of himself.

"Welcome back mister Eye, but isn't it a little rude not to offer your guest a drink as well?" She asked him.

"You're not a guest," he told her, "now, are you ready to answer my questions, Rainbow Dash?"

"Sure, why not, I'll answer two of your questions, thats' number one." she said, smirking at him.

He held his forehead and let out a sigh, "Where is the Daring Do move you took?"

"I'm not sure, that's number two, can I go now?" Rainbow asked with a smile on her face.

"Wha- That's not an answer, how can you not know where it is?!"

"Sorry, I've already answered your two questions, so, can I go now?"

"But I never agreed to that!"

"You never protested it ether."

Watchful Eye let out another sigh, "Can I have another question?" he asked.

"Sure," Rainbow told him, but before he could reply she added, "and that's three."

his hoof met his forehead once again.


Twilight used a quick teleportation spell to reach the clouds that made up the porch of Rainbows house, making a mental note to get more flying lessons from Rainbow at a later date.

she swiftly approached the door and slid the enchanted key into the lock and turned it, before pushing the door open and entering the abode.

It was a large but simple house, not much decorating it, and the mane color being white, for obvious reasons.

Twilight trotted down the hallway, peaking into the various rooms, looking for any sort of things that might point out Rainbows artsy endeavors, eventually she looked into a small room, in the room she saw a small cloud desk with some unfinished sketches and pencils on it and a shelf with a binder labeled Finished pieces on it.

Twilight rushed into the room and grabbed the binder, flipping it open to the first page to reveal a beautifully drawn portrait of herself, "Oh wow, Rainbow is really go at this, i wonder why she hasn't shown me these before?" She continued to flip through the pages, finding several more pictures of her self and a few of Daring Do.

"These are amazing, I can't see why Rainbow need's-" she flipped one mare page, revealing a rather... mature picture of herself and Daring Do doing... things, "-oh my..." she quickly flipped back to one of the Daring Do pics and took it out of the binder, before replacing it back on the shelf and heading for the door.


"Enough with these games!" Watchful Eye shouted as he slammed his hooves into the table yet again, "you will tell me who you where talking to in that room, now!" His right eye was twitching as he stared at Rainbow.

Rainbow was just leaning back in her chair, scratching her chin, "Hmm, I think It started with a P..."

He let out a long sigh, "Look, just tell me what they looked like."

"Oh that's easy, black coat, black mane... or maybe that's just because it was really dark in the room, yeah thats it, sorry it was to dark to see them." she said with a shrug.

"You're useless."

"Says the guard who was sleeping on the job."

"I was on a break!"

"Sure you were Shut Eye,"she said nodding to him.

He brought his hooves up and started to rub his temples, "I need another break from you," he said getting up and heading form the door.

"Yeah you do look like you could use another nap."

"I hate you."he said quietly.

"Now why would you ever say that," Rainbow said, a fake hurt look on her face, before it morphed in to a large grin, and a laugh exited her lips as he slipped out the door.


Twilight walked into her home, placing the drawing she had taken next to the movie on the table, she then went to her desk and gathered as much blank paper as she could, she spread the paper in a small circle on the floor, and the levitated the picture into the middle of the circle while floating the book she had been reading before in front of her.

She looked from the papers to book and back a few times to make sure everything was set up correctly, "Okay, everything is ready no just for the spell," she read it over a few times to make sure she had it right and then charged up her horn with magic, "From Paper to simulated flesh, together you will mesh, it is me you will obey, for as long as I let you stay," She let the spell guid her magic, and the papers started to swirl around in a non-existing wind, coming closer and closer to the center, where the drawing of Daring Do was just floating in the eye of the storm.

There was a bright flash of light, which momentarily blinded Twilight, she used a fore hoof to cover her eyes, and when she could see again she saw a white version of Daring Do standing there, color slowly coming into its skin.

The Daring Do turned to face Twilight, "How may I be of assistance?" she asked

"We've got a rescue mission to do." Twilight told her


"So this is where she is being help?" asked a now fully colored Daring Do.

"It is where I left her, so it's a good place to start," Twilight said.

"Okay, I guess I can try and sneak in through the ventilation system," Daring said, looking at a grated exit vent.

"Alright, you go in that way, and I'll head in the front with my perception filtering spell on, see you on the in side," Twilight said as she walked toward the front door, her horn glowing as she cast the spell.

Twilight reached the door and tried to push it open, unfortunately it was locked, forcing her to use a quick teleportation spell to get to the other side.

Twilight looked around the dimly lit room, she could only see one lone guard, filling a drink at the pop dispenser, She quickly and quietly made for the door she had snuck through earlier in the day, and walked down towards the employe lounge.

At the end of the hall she found a single door, she opened it a crack and looked inside, the lights were off and she couldn't see anypony in the room so she opened it completely, but found nothing of interest and closed the door before heading back down the hallway in search of he marefriend.


Rainbow Dash sat in her chair, rocking it back and forth as she waited for the guard to come back to continue the questioning.

There was a thud from somewhere above her, she looked up at the ceiling seeing nothing out of the ordinary, before she heard the sound of movement from the other side of the door, and the click of the door unlocking.

She spoke as she heard the door creaking open, "Hey, Shut Eye, that was a pretty quick na-" before being cut off by a familiar voice.

"Rainbow!" Twilight said excitedly as she entered the room.

Rainbow tuned to see Twilight standing in the door way to the room, "Twilight? What are you doing here?"

"I came to get you out of here," She looked around the room then back at Rainbow Dash, "Why does the theater have an interrogation room?"

"I don't know, but you didn't have to go on a rescue mission for me, they would have let me go eventually."

"Well I couldn't just leave you here, I had to do something, so I did this," Twilight said, gesturing to the general area.

A smile crept onto Rainbows face as she looked at Twilight, "Thanks, Twi."

"No problem, now we just need to get out of-" she was interrupted by the sounds of frantic movement coming from the hall.

The two of them looked at eachother before heading out into the hall, where they found Watchful Eye being pinned to the ground by Daring Do.

"Twilight... why is Daring do here, and why is she pinning him to the ground, answer quickly please, we only have a few seconds before I start fangasming."

"That's not Daring Do, it's just a paper golm that I made to help me with the mission, I needed a shape for it to take, so I used Daring Do."

"Okay, fangasm aborted."

"Okay, Uhm, why did you pin him to the ground?" Twilight asked Daring.

"He was sneaking up on you,"

"Okay, well, you can let him up now"

Daring Do got off of the stallion and help him to his feet, he looked like he was ready to yell until he saw who was ordering around his assailant and dropped into a bow.

"Princess Twilight, What are you doing here? if you don't mind me asking."

"Well, you see-" Twilight began before being cut off.

"She came to get me out of here," Rainbow answered for her.

But, Princess, this mare stoll a film and hid it some where and-"

"And Twilight will make sure that the movie is returned by tomorrow, right Twi?"

"Huh, oh, Yeah, yes, I'll make sure it's back by tomorrow," Twilight said with a nod.

"Then I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow Shut Eye, see ya,"Rainbow said as she started to drag Twilight down the hall, Daring following behind them.

"... At least she's out of my mane."


The three of them exited the theater and started on the walk to the Library, Rainbow with a wing over Twilights back.

"Well that went well," Twilight said.

"Hey these stories always have a Happy ending right."

"Yeah, although i still do have one question," Twilight said, a thoughtful look on her face.

"Oh really, what?" Rainbow asked.

Twilight looked at Rainbow with a strait face a asked, "Why did you draw me and Daring having coitus?"

Author's Note:

This is the most I've ever written in such a short period of time... I feel like I could take on Super Man... If I fad a fully operational kryptonite mecha

wish me luck in the contest.

Comments ( 11 )

After a proofread it should be in good shape for the contest!

Also, Rainbow's pretty good at dodging questions.

4701875 if only my proof reader didn't ditch me on this, now I need to find some one new.

4701982 I've just done the first paragraph Do you want me to do this one too?

4701982
Man, that sucks about your proofreader. This was a clever idea. Still entertaining, but a polish would come in handy.

4702902 Thanks, and if you could do the second chapter I would be very grateful, I'll also credit you in the long description.
4704449 I normally wouldn't even think of posting something before the grammar and spelling were good in it, but I needed to finish this and post it all by yesterday, so I didn't have much choice once my proof reader said he couldn't do it, but now the first chapter is better and Twilight_scratch might be doing the second chapter to.
4704567 thanks for the input.:twilightsmile:

Why did you draw me and Daring having quoitis?

Quoits:1:a game in which iron rings (or open iron rings) are thrown at a stake in the ground in the hope of encircling it; 2:game equipment consisting of a ring of iron or circle of rope used in playing the game of quoits.

Watch Big Bang Theory much?

....also it's "coitus."

5102931 yes I do like that show, and thanks for the correction
, I never did find anyone to proofread the second chapter.

"Alright, you go in that way, and I'll head in the front with my perception filtering spell on, see you on the in side,"
Did anyone else see the Dr Who reference?

This is the most I've ever written in such a short period of time... I feel like I could take on Super Man... If I fad a fully operational kryptonite mecha.

I think I can be of assistance.

Heh. If Daring Do ever found out about those pictures...:rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment