• Published 10th Jun 2014
  • 3,013 Views, 72 Comments

Blood, Meth, and Tears - Hot Blooded Hero



A man wakes up near the Crystal Empire, and he plans to build himself a crystal empire.

  • ...
14
 72
 3,013

This Time

Author's Note:

You know what I hate? Living on a large piece of property. Weird, right? But think about it: Everyone wants to spend their holidays there, so it's up to you to maintain such a huge ass lawn and keep all the cosmetic garden decorations running, such as waterfalls and the like. You also have to pay for and prepare most of the meals of those who weren't courteous enough to bring contributions, and then clean up the mess afterwards. They also leech your wifi to spend hours on social networking sites, and it clogs the bandwidth like an artery.

And, well, I don't exactly own the place, so it's not like we can just up and move.

Here, take this chapter to satiate you as the delegations prepare for their meeting.

"...and in other news, it appears that neither Princess Celestia nor Princess Luna will be arriving to greet the latest discovery of sapient species due to complications involving the Crackdown on Crystal that began last month. Instead, Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor are taking their place as Equestrian ambassadors to welcome this 'human' into society. Sources claim that the human is currently residing in the home of a hospitable young couple in the outer suburban area of the capital. It's said that the meeting between the human and the Crystal Royalty will take place in the Crystal Palace privately before moving on to a public press conference outside afterwards. The issues to be discussed during the meeting are currently undisclosed, but we can speculate that the human's supposedly spontaneous appearance may be discussed as well as the concern of incentive and citizenship. Updates as this story progresses.

"Back on the topic of the crackdown, a seven-hundred-thousand bit operation was seized yesterday by royal guards right in the heart of Canterlot's Elite district yesterday. Officials say that several neighboring residents complained about 'shady individuals' lurking around their street before stopping at the suspected house and leaving with several saddlebags that they didn't have beforehoof. Witnesses thought that ponies were robbing the place and reported the crime to the nearest guard station. Needless to say, guards investigated and found a lab with significant traits of being used to produce crystal. Guards arrested the subject, who happened to be none other than Prince Blueblood-"


Walt straightened the tie that he was given. Both of his hosts agreed that the clothes he appeared in wouldn't do for a meeting with royalty, so they met the local seamstress earlier in the week. She was glad to help, provided they advertise it, at least to the princess. He thought it would seem inappropriate to announce his personal designer in a conference about his introduction to society.

Sally had just shut off the television, to which Walt felt slight disappointment. He was enthralled with the idea that these ponies had a much more mature and corrupt side to their society than he had thought. It may have seemed prejudiced to assume that they were all so innocent and naive, but considering the vibrant colors of just their entire cities and... well, their appearance, he thought the assumption was granted. Hell, most of them in this city looked like sparkly kiddie toys!

He sighed. That was probably racist, and knowing what he's seen on their programming, might just be a slur.

Spelunker and Sally were dressed up as well, ready to meet royalty alongside Walt to give moral support. Spelunker was busy straightening his own tie, while Sally put down the remote and said something to encourage Spelunker to hurry along. Spelunker muttered something cliched under his breath about ties and nooses. Walter didn't give much thought to these remarks other than acknowledging their existence, as his mind was currently tied up with scrutinizing the society that these ponies had built up around themselves.

Such a thriving community seemed like something that humans could have created in the right circumstances, barring the elements that involved magic to defy physics. It was probably a safe assumption that many sapient species generally build up their societies with adaptability to their surroundings in mind.

These ponies had magic and wings. If they put their minds to it, they could accomplish many things, much like humans. They already have natural enhancements that put them above the physical limit of humans. These ponies were so human-like, and so much better...

But there was just something that they lacked.

It was what was driving Walt to follow such a seemingly random chain of thoughts. There was just something off about these ponies that he found made them seem lesser to his own species, not that he'd admit it to any of them out of politeness. It was rare for Walt to have such judging thoughts, but studying these ponies was all he could do for the time he had here. They were a fascinating species, filled to the brim with an alien culture of interesting and unexplored concepts for a human mind.

And yet the same thought came to mind that something separated them from being human altogether, apart from the obvious.

These ponies took him in when he needed help, but were they really so trusting? Instead of biding his time in a cell awaiting interrogation, or at least in government-provided shelter, they allowed the couple who found him to have him stay in their house? They almost coddled him, an unknown creature who, to their knowledge, could only be there to gather information for an upcoming invasion! Regardless of the Crystal situation, these ponies were still too naive. Too trusting.

Too giving.

Did he deserve it? To be treated such a way, to even end up in a paradise such as this? He had only done all that was necessary, and that's what needed to be done. Everything he did was as expected from him, and it had never been good enough.

...Maybe that was the problem, wasn't it? He was never the better. Not quite bad, but never good enough. He was always the one left behind. No one really expected that much from him. In the end, everyone's high expectations left him scraping for the bottom of the barrel, and it still wasn't enough for him to survive.

And then here he was: a miraculous result of death in a paradise land of cute and innocent creatures. Death wasn't a damn stroll through the park either. They say men put under enough pressure turn out hardened. If that was true, then he might as well be a fucking diamond. Damn right, he deserved this.

Walt felt a pressure rising from his chest, and quickly tried to stifle it with his hand to his mouth. They were coming in much more painfully now, and with this one, Walt was reminded that his paradise probably wouldn't even remain for as long as he'd like. Results of his physical scan at the hospital hadn't actually come in yet, but he knew this body. He knew exactly who this body belonged to, and what that person did in it.

And over the past several days, Walt discovered the tools with which the body had used to do such horrible things. Throughout the week, Walt felt a strange feeling of accomplishment and completeness every time his mind put together a new compound. Formula after method after fact, Walt found himself understanding things he never had explained to him. From the air he breathed, to the water he drank, to the spices in the cabinet, to the cleaning products under the sink, and everything in his reach, he felt like he knew what they were, and what they could become.

At one point earlier in the week, he tested his knowledge with a few backyard garden and household objects he found lying around. He found it astounding at how simple it was for him to make charcoal and to extract sulfur and saltpeter from manure. After a bit of crafting with a few bits of plastic and string, and a careful mixing of ingredients, he found himself giggling like a child at the small pops and bangs his experiment made.

He made black powder, and it was something so stupidly simple to put together. Anyone with access to the internet could take the time to learn how, but the fact was that he didn't know that until the day prior, and that's what made the difference.

The body he had been given came with a gift, one he knew needed to be used, but in what way could he use it?

Oddly enough, he hadn't put as much thought into the reasoning of his body as he probably should have. It was understandable that between the character and himself, their pasts were variably similar, but he would never choose such a path that would lead him down a similar future.

Walt tightened his grip on the couch arm and his face steeled. They wouldn't be similar in what their actions mean, but Walter decided that they would be similar in what their actions accomplish. Walt's character had unknowingly succeeded in bringing down the entire Southern drug trade and nipped the European trade in the bud, but while Walt's character's actions included some criminal and incredibly risky wagers, the knowledge that Walt had of his own world, even that of what any human knows, could still greatly support these ponies to become stronger in their societal structure. With what he knew now, he could skyrocket the progress these ponies had going into something resembling the post-modern state of humanity.

These ponies were so pure, and maybe to a fault. He would be the one to improve upon that.

It seemed that the others were ready to go. Walt stood and followed them out the front door.

Walt knew that he was going to represent his race, accomplishments, atrocities, and progress alike. This time however, he resolved to be more than enough for these ponies. This time, he would be more than enough for even himself. This time, he'll work to become one of the greats.

This time, he'll do what it takes to be seen as someone better.


Princess Cadance, as she prefered to be called, since 'Empress' had a connotation of ruthlessness, was preparing herself as well for her meeting with the recently discovered, self-proclaimed alien. His arrival story was passed along to her shortly after he released it, and knowing how he arrived, getting in contact with his world may be impossible. It still didn't detract the fact that even common knowledge from his culture could provide to be a great opportunity for improvement within theirs. This meeting had to go perfect if it meant good PR and the well-being of this new denizen.

Shining Armor was with her, surprisingly calm in the face of the upcoming event. Normally, this situation would have been reversed, and to make it weirder, those situations usually involved combating an unknown threat. One would think that the Guard Captain and the politician would be most calm in their respective situations, but the truth is what some may call romantic, in that both trusted each other to do their jobs better than they would their own. Shining had taken to reminding Cadence of her breathing technique whenever she started to hyperventilate.

He had also noticed how Cadence and his sister shared certain traits whenever stress took hold of them. He first thought that maybe Twilight had rubbed off on her during her years as a foal-sitter. After awhile, he realized that it was the other way around.

Princess Cadence constantly muttered to herself as she was literally pacing a groove into the floor. Shining enjoyed these moments, as they were adorably amusing to witness, and he could never keep the grin off his face throughout. Not that he needed to, since Cadence was always too busy with her own thoughts to notice. He already knew that everything was completely in order, and neither of them were going to forget the rehearsed greeting and questions they set up for both the meeting and the conference later on. He still figured either way that his wife get it out of her system now and let the stress not be a problem later.

"Oh, what if he takes offense to even some of our most simplest questions? He'd never want to cooperate with us after that! Do we have enough lemon water? What if there isn't enough? He could get thirsty during the questions and feel too uncomfortable to answer!" Cadence gasped with her hooves to her cheeks. "What if he's allergic to lemons?! We need to replace some of the refreshments immediately!"

She had already been through this part of her rant twice, and Shining had already ordered a wide assortment of flavored waters, as well as original spring, purified, and even tap water from the kitchen, each enough for a dehydrated dragon.

There was also a gourmet smorgasbord buffet just for the guest, a griffin masseuse flown in straight from Las Pegasus, and an assorted gift basket of fancy little soaps, shampoo bottles, and a bathrobe with slippers. The more they prepared, the less it seemed like a relations meeting, and more like a five-star resort.

It was only a matter of time before the Princess would ponder on if it was all too much.

Thankfully, a guard interrupted her mumblings before it could get so far. "Your Majesty, Your Highness, the guest has arrived."

Cadence reacted in shock, her eyes widening considerably. "What?! Already?! But we- There's still- I mean-!"

"Honey!" Shining shouted. "Breathing technique!"

Cadence immediately put a foreleg to her chest and pushed it out slowly along with her breath and her stress. She sighed and collapsed to her haunches. "I don't know if I can do this. If I screw up, it would mean closing the biggest opportunity that ponykind has ever had! We have no idea what his cultural standards are, or how advanced his civilization is! If we do offend him-"

"Then I'm sure he would understand," Shining interrupted. "He may be just as nervous about offending us as you are about offending him. Any smart pony would." He walked over and put a comforting foreleg around her shoulders. "Cadence, you're the Princess. He might even be more worried since you're royalty." He turned to face her from the front, sitting on his haunches with her, using both hooves to hold her shoulders and looking her in the eyes with an encouraging smile. "Everything will go as planned. Smooth sailing. If you don't trust yourself, then at least trust me when I say that I trust you."

Cadence searched his face for any sign of doubt, even though she knew his words were as sincere as they could be. She still sighed with relief at the reassurance, and leaned closer to give a loving peck. "Thank you, Shining. That means the world to me." She stood up with him and smiled. "And you're absolutely right. We've been preparing this event for days. Everything is perfect, and we'll be ready to run this as planned." She turned to the guard still standing at the doorway, feeling a little awkward for having witnessed such a tender moment. "Everything is ready, right?"

The guard snapped to attention, having finished examining the interesting wall. "Yes, Your Majesty. We're ready to begin the introductions at your say."

Cadence brought her hoof to her chest and out once more with finality. She nodded to Shining with a smile that portrayed newly-found confidence as he nodded back. She looked to the guard. "Bring him in, please."

Comments ( 19 )

Shame
Cliffhanger?
No buenos

This time, he'll do what it takes to be seen as someone better.

Interesting...
And all this time, I thought...
With the reference to Crystal and all that...

4675726 Oh, don't worry. He'll be seen as better. He'll make sure that he's seen as superior to these pathetic ponies. The tricky part is getting him there.

This ain't your average LoHAV.

Shameless cliffhanger

for a moment I forgot why I faved this story but then I read the chapter and remembered. then I slapped myself in the face for forgetting.

4675945 if you are implying what I hope you are implying then this Walt is gonna be my favorite kind of villain, the subtle manipulation that worked behind the curtains and sometimes even works with the protagonist.

Write on you magnificent bastard.

4726344

Great. :pinkiehappy:

Just don't rush it.

I remember reading this

Such a real shame, a real shame.

5752962 Well... Better Call Saul's been inspiring me. I might continue, even make a joint arc with a Saul parallel, but I wanna wait until after Saul's first season is done.

5782290 Bloody hell-FINE

have it you way, cruel monster

btw pirate links pls

5785411 Wow, a bit of a surprise since I was joking

I-I-think I might be actually able to afford it, k?

5788413 Alright, if you say so.

But the piracy's preeeeeetty goooooood. I mean, it's on demand, and the dvd release won't be out for a whiiiiiiiile.

Just sayin'. :raritywink:

5792466 Season 1 is long gone, where is our chapter?

Login or register to comment