• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 4,534 Views, 8 Comments

You are Special. - Princess Cassandra



Luna's done. She can't take it anymore. She doesn't want to live anymore.

  • ...
5
 8
 4,534

I love you to the moon and back

Luna took a deep breath and took a quill in her magic.

Dear Tia,
You have been a wonderful sister and mentor to me. I hope you can forgive me for what I'm about to do. You see, for a long time I've felt completely useless; I envy you quite a bit and I don't want to risk turning back into Nightmare Moon. With that said, this seems like the solution to keep the safety of both our ponies and of you. Perhaps I'll come back as something better than what I am.

Luna sighed. She left the note on her nightstand where there was a picture of both her and celestia. She stared at the picture briefly and kissed it. With only a moments hesitation, she flew towards her open balcony. It was time.


As Celestia was walking in the corridors of the castle, she walked by Luna's bedroom.
"I wonder what Luna is doing... maybe we can have some coco." She thought happily. Celestia opened the door only to see her sister fitting a rope around her neck, which hung from the balcony


"Luna! What are you doing?" Celestia screamed. Tears were starting to form in her eyes at the horror of the scene.
"Celestia?" Luna asked, flying away from the rope.

Celestia noticed the note on Luna's nightstand. She brought the note close to her. She quickly read it and looked at her younger sister. Luna looked down, too ashamed to face her sister.

"Luna, what is the meaning of this?!?"Celestia said as calmly as she possibly could.
"..." Luna was speechless.
"Luna, what is the meaning of this." She sounded angrier now. She was shoving the note in her face.
"Tia, I can explain."
"Please do! I want to hear it. From you! Not from a stupid piece of paper!"
"I'm so sorry!" Right then Luna started crying. She ran to her sister giving her a tight hug.
"It's alright. It's alright." And Celestia returned the hug.


Luna's tears started to dry. Celestia was still holding her.

"T-Tia..." She stuttered.
"Yes, Lulu?”
"About the note and the rope..." She started but her older sister interrupted.
"No need to explain, my dearest sister. I just need to know why you would want to take your life like that." Said Princess Celestia;she truly sounded concerned.
"Because...I'm completely useless. I'm not important. I could be erased and no one would care."
"Luna, you know that's not true. You can do lots..."
"Save it. I'm not even the best at what I'm best at. For 1000 years, you raised both sun and moon. While I was doing...who knows what?"

There was silence. Celestia couldn't find words. She needed to say something. She couldn't let another Nightmare Moon event happen again.

"And that's not all! Every pony loves you, while I'm having trouble just making friends…"
"That's not true. What about Twilight or Cadence or that royal guard or even Discord. They care for you! So do many others. If you died it would be a great tragedy in all if Equestria! So many would miss you Lulu ,especially me."
"Pffft...Yeah right. They'd get over it. I was gone for 1000 years and no pony cared or noticed for that matter! Life in Equestria was better off without me. All I do is cause trouble."
"I don't think you realized how difficult those years were, Luna. I was exhausted. And most of all I missed my younger sister. I tried to erase you from history because it was too painful just thinking about you. Was it right? Maybe not. Did it work? Not at all. You can never be erased, not for me at least."

Celestia wrapped her wing around Luna and gave a light smile, then continued her speech:

"And you are far from useless. You lift up the moon and bring up the stars. Not only that but you help people through their dreams. And I know two fillies who would agree with me."
"Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle?"

The princess of the night looked up at her sister only to see her nod yes.

"You helped those two fillies. And now they both have better relationships with their sisters because of it. I know that they are grateful for that"
"Yeah, but..."
"No buts. You are appreciated by many. I don't think any pony’s afraid of you anymore."
"That's where you're wrong, Tia. They all hate me."
"No, they hate Nightmare Moon."
"Aren't we the same pony?"
"No. Nightmare Moon is an evil and envious pony who seeks only revenge. Princess Luna, on the other hand,is a sweet, kind but insecure pony who has and will achieve great things. Princess Luna is unique. Princess Luna is special; all I wish is that she could realize that."

The youngest pony was touched by these words. She hugged the eldest pony.

"Thanks Tia."
"Feel better?" Asked the eldest princess.

Her younger sister nodded yes which brought joy to Celestia.

"And maybe one day, you'll meet a nice colt and start a family..." Started Celestia.
"About that... I'm not really into colts." Confessed the younger princess.

Celestia seemed a bit shocked by the confession but then added;

"I'm not interested in colts either..."
"What?"
"Nor mares"
"Huh?"

Celestia nodded.

"Then what do you like, sister?"
"I like a certain draconequus.”
"You mean ..."
"Is there any other?"

Then a sweet memory popped into Luna's head.

"Hey do you remember when Discord thought it was a good idea to go to the Everfree Forest..."


Later that evening a guard passed by Luna's bedroom when he heard loud noises. He looked though the key hole and saw the two princesses reminiscing about old times and laughing very loudly.

"...and then... Hahaha...He said we.... were visiting from out of town!"
"I remember that! The looks on the towns people faces! Hahaha."

The guard smiled and continued his path.

Author's Note:

Thanks To Ariin for proofreading. If you have the time, please leave a comment below. Ok,bye


Hey, you know what? You're special too.

Comments ( 8 )

whew! Had us worried there for a second at the beginning bud. Excellent one shot. Loved the feels and ending. A+:pinkiehappy:

Good story. Though there are a few errors, I give it 9/10. :pinkiehappy:

4540802 So, I have to ask; which errors stuck out to you the most? I did leave a lot of fragmented sentences in there [I find they sorta belong in some stories] aside from the improper use of "we're" in

we.... were visiting

S'what I get for proofing and drinking.

4558429 Well, celestia missed being capitalized. coco has an 'a' at the end: "cocoa", and there are a few instances with incorrect punctuation and merged words "likethis."

Nothing too glaring, but when you do your own proofreading.... :twilightblush:

Thanks for sharing, very emotional,

Wow, what an amazing fic! I really enjoyed it. Keep writing!! :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment