• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 7,901 Views, 156 Comments

20% Sweetier - Hap



Sweetie Belle magically derails a science experiment, causing her to switch bodies with Rainbow Dash. They try to masquerade as each other, but the weather team needs help and Diamond Tiara, well, is Diamond Tiara.

  • ...
14
 156
 7,901

Chapter 2: Weather, or Not

Chapter 2: Weather, or Not

Rarity yanked open the curtain with her magic, letting the first rays of the sun illuminate the Boutique’s little second-story bedroom. “Rise and shine, girls!”

Rainbow Dash squirmed on her back where she was splayed over an embroidered cushion on the floor. She smacked her lips and groaned. “Aaaaargh, Rainbow, why are you so tired?”

“A better question,” Sweetie Belle said with her eyes locked wide open, “is, ‘why am I awake so early?’” She pulled the blanket up tighter against her chin. “I thought kids were supposed to sleep a lot?”

“No, darling,” Rarity said as she stepped over to the bed. “That’s lazy weather pegasi. But since you’re an adorable little unicorn, you’re going to school.” She looked down at Rainbow. “But first, you’re going to take Sweetie to work and show her the ropes.”

Sweetie crawled to the edge of the bed, leaned forward, fell off of the bed, and landed on her face. She mumbled into the carpet, “Oh, right. No wings.”

Rainbow covered her face with a pillow and groaned, then lifted the pillow just enough to say, “You said I can sleep at work, right? That’s what you do?”

A few golden carpet fibers clung to Sweetie’s nose as she climbed to her hooves. She rubbed her muzzle and said, “Yeah, but you’ll need coffee to wake up in time to get to work and take a nap. Rarity, do you have Foalgers?”

Rarity narrowed her eyes. “I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that. I’m going to go downstairs and grind some of Star Bucker’s whole bean hazelnut roast while you get ready for school.”


“Sweetie, uh, Rainbow, coffee isn’t for fillies,” Rarity said as she levitated the steaming mug away from Sweetie Belle.

“But I’m not really a filly,” Sweetie protested, stretching her hooves vainly after the retreating mug. She sighed and watched Rarity sip the black nectar.

Rarity looked up from her newspaper and raised one eyebrow. “As long as you’re entrusted with my little sister’s body, you will take proper care of it. You will brush your teeth. You will not drink coffee, and you will not do” —she waved her hooves around wildly— “daredevil stunts.”

Sweetie jumped to her hooves and shouted, “YOU’RE NOT MY SISTER! You can’t tell me what to do!”

Rarity’s jaw landed on the table with a muted thud. After a few moments of rapid blinking and sputtering, Rarity said, “Rainbow Dash! What has gotten into you? I’ve never heard you talk to your friends like that.”

Sweetie flopped to the floor and looked up at Rarity with drooping ears and a big pout. “I don’t know what happened. Suddenly, you were just the meanest pony in the world. I’m totally sorry, Rarity. You know I wouldn’t do anything to hurt Sweetie. I wasn’t really mad at you, even if it seemed like it.”

Rarity gave Sweetie a hug and then drew back, leaving a hoof on her shoulder. “Rainbow, you’re just not used to dealing with a filly’s impulsive brain. I do hope you get it under control before you get to school, though.”

From the staircase, Rainbow yawned. “Please tell me I don’t act like that all the time.”

While Rainbow stumbled down the stairs, Rarity smiled and levitated a pastry and a mug of coffee to an empty spot at the table. “Oh, you certainly have your moments. But I’m happy to say that you do very well for a pony your age. We’ll just have to see how you do for a pony Rainbow’s age.”

Rainbow plopped down onto her flanks, inching her nose up to the coffee mug and taking a tentative sniff. She arched one eyebrow and studied the coffee with half a frown.

“Just think of it like tea, but with more wakeup,” Sweetie said, propelling slobbery crumbs across the table.

“Sweetie, don—” Rarity squinted and began rubbing her temple with one hoof “—Rainbow, don’t talk with your mouth full.”

Sweetie narrowed her eyes while she chewed, glaring at Rarity. Across the table, Rainbow took a dainty nibble of her pastry while looking at Sweetie out of the corner of her eyes.

Rarity tilted her head toward Sweetie and smiled as she set her coffee mug on a saucer. “Don’t look at me like that.” She sighed. “Rainbow, darling, how many times have I told you the same thing at Sugar Cube Corner? You should try to be more… ladylike when you eat.” She pointed to Rainbow. “Like Sweetie over there.”

Both ponies looked at Rainbow as she carefully lifted the mug with her hooves and took a delicate sip of coffee. Her pupils shrank and her mouth dropped open in a grimace, letting the offensive brew pour down her chin. Her eyebrows fought with each other and her tongue flapped around as if trying to fling the awful-tasting coffee molecules into oblivion. She panted, something between sobbing and laughing, as she shifted her eyes back and forth between Sweetie and Rarity with her ears lying flat against the back of her head.

As the stain spread across the crimson tablecloth, Sweetie spoke through a mouthful of crumbs. “Very ladylike.”

“Aaaaaand on that note,” Rarity sang, “we’re done with breakfast.”


Sweetie Belle tromped through the orchard, leading Rainbow Dash past endless dozens of trees that, to Rainbow, seemed identical. She just kept pointing at one tree after another, asking each time, “That one?”

After what felt like about four hundred trees, and exactly that many negative answers and explanations, Sweetie stopped answering and started gritting her teeth. Fortunately, Scootaloo stepped up, inventing reasons or simply repeating Sweetie’s earlier responses. “There’s no good branches to lay on,” or “The leaves are too sparse, the sun would be in your eyes.”

Sweetie slowed down and fell into step next to Apple Bloom, who seemed content to enjoy the sea of dirt, fruit, and leaves. “How do you deal with Sweetie when she gets, uh, like this? Whatever the word for that is?”

“Miss Cheerilee says that tenacity is important for ponies on a quest.” Apple Bloom looked sideways at Sweetie. “I looked it up in the dictionary. It means that we keep tryin’, no matter what.”

Rainbow shouted from up ahead. “Miss Cheerilee says I have ‘elevenacity’ and that I should practice it outside the schoolhouse.” She pointed at the next tree in line. “That one?”

Scootaloo groaned. “There’s no ripe apples to munch on.” The last comment drew a half-lidded glare from Apple Bloom, but Scootaloo either didn’t notice or didn’t care. She did glance back at Sweetie, who returned a big smile and an enthusiastic nod.

The foursome stopped in front of an unremarkable tree, as far as Rainbow could tell. Sweetie and Scootaloo murmured to each other, pointing at various features and nodding to each other. Finally, Sweetie put a hoof around Scootaloo’s shoulders and said, “Ya done good, kid. This is the perfect napping tree. Pretty soon, you’ll be snoozing the day away in a tree of your very own!” Scootaloo beamed, fluttering her wings as she looked back and forth between Sweetie and Rainbow.

Rainbow looked up into the shady lower branches, then turned to Sweetie and asked, “Where am I supposed to lay? Sit?” —she crossed her eyes— “Uh, sleep?”

“There,” Sweetie and Scootaloo said in unison, pointing to the same wide, level branch.

“It doesn’t look very comfortable,” Rainbow said, examining the tree with one raised eyebrow.

“Don’t worry,” Sweetie said, “you’re a pegasus. You’re so lightweight, you could sleep comfortably on gravel if you wanted to.” She twisted her neck around, popping her spine loud enough to make the other fillies wince. “Like the stuff you put in your mattress.”

Rainbow mumbled something through a yawn, while gesturing upward with a hoof. She returned the other ponies’ expectant stares for a few seconds before repeating herself. “How do I get up there?”

After taking a breath to reply, Sweetie froze with her mouth open. “Uhhhh…”

Thirty seconds later, Rainbow was standing on Scootaloo’s head, who was standing on Sweetie’s head, who was standing on Apple Bloom’s head, who was sweating under the strain. Rainbow was too busy nervously looking down at the ground to realize that she was high enough to simply step onto her branch.

“It’s, ngh, a good thing,” Sweetie grunted, “that we’re not trying to put” —hrk— “an earth pony up into a tree.”

“Why’s that?” Apple Bloom said, glaring crosseyed at the unicorn on her head. “Are you sayin’ I’m fat?”

Sweetie rolled her eyes. “No, it’s just that pegasi have hollow bones and earth ponies have thick strong bones, and—”

“Hollow bones or not, Rainbow,” Apple Bloom snapped, “I think y’all could stand to lose a few pounds.”

Scootaloo snorted. “Nuh uh, she’s pure muscle!”

Sweetie grinned. “Darn right! Hoofbump!” She reached up with one hoof, while Scootaloo reached down to try and reciprocate the gesture. Had Twilight been there to observe, she probably would have commented on the instability of both ponies lifting hooves on the same side while precariously balanced on top of an overloaded filly standing on uneven ground. However, in the time it took them to tumble into a pile at the feet of the apple tree, they had all learned that lesson.

As the Crusaders disentangled their bruised limbs from one another, Scootaloo groaned and pushed Sweetie to her hooves. “Rainbow, can we make a new rule about hoofbumps?”

Sweetie reached out to pull Apple Bloom up to her hooves, then glanced all around, turning in a circle. The Crusaders looked up into the foliage to see Rainbow clutching the branch with all four hooves, her eyelids squeezed tightly shut. With a wide smile, Sweetie called up into the tree, “Good job, Sweetie. Now, you just stay there until we get back from school, then we’ll head straight to the library and see if Twilight’s ready to fix all this.”

Apple Bloom gasped. “We’d better hurry up and get to school!” She elbowed Sweetie, asking, “Heya, Rainbow, are ya ready for school?”

“You’ll have to call me Sweetie Belle but—” she paused to strike a dramatic, aggressive pose “—YEAH! I just wonder if school is ready for me!”

Rainbow looked down from the tree with narrowed eyes. “Raaaainbow, you promised not to be awesome!”

Scootaloo gently placed a hoof on Sweetie’s drooping shoulders. “It’s okay, Ra—” She stopped herself, then winked. “It’s okay, Sweetie Belle, you’re just taking, like, a vacation from awesome.”

Apple Bloom popped up between Sweetie and Scootaloo, wrapped one foreleg around each filly and said, “Yep, maybe you can try out ‘adorable’ for the day. While you’re at school.” She shuffled forward, pulling her friends along with her. Before they had gone far, they could hear Rainbow snoring among the leaves.

As the trio neared the edge of the orchard, Apple Bloom stopped beneath one of the trees. She stuck out her tongue and squinted up into the branches. She glanced up and down, then pushed Scootaloo a few inches to her left.

As Sweetie let Apple Bloom push her into position, she asked, “Hey, what’s going on here?”

Scootaloo simply held up one hoof and grinned at Sweetie.

Apple Bloom circled the gnarled trunk a few times, then settled on a spot for herself before planting her front hooves. She wound up, hollered, “Lunch!” and gave the tree a single firm but dainty buck. A plump red apple landed on Scootaloo’s upraised hoof, while Apple Bloom caught her own apple on the top of her head.

Sweetie opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off as an apple impaled itself on her horn. While the other fillies laughed, Sweetie crossed her eyes in an attempt to look at the offending fruit. “Okay,” she admitted with a little smile as she sat on her haunches and used her hooves to push the apple off of her head, “that was pretty impressive.”

Apple Bloom giggled. “Here, why don’tcha catch this one?”

The tree barely moved when she bumped it with one elbow, but it was enough to shake loose one perfectly ripe apple. Sweetie tried to snatch out of the air, but missed. The apple rolled a few inches before bumping to a stop at her hooves. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked to the apple, then back up to Sweetie, and started laughing.

Sweetie blushed and scooped up the apple. “Not my fault she has such short legs.” A smile crept its way onto her face, until she was laughing along with the others. The three fillies stashed their apples in their respective saddlebags and marched off toward the schoolhouse.


“This isn’t right,” Thunderlane said as he studied the sky over the lake. “Today was supposed to be ‘sunny,’ not ‘mostly cloudy.’”

Blossomforth landed next to him and wiped the sweat from under her bangs. “The temperature is all out of whack, too. I’ve gotta keep bringing down cold air from the stratosphere, or everypony’s gonna be complaining. Can’t you bust the clouds?”

Thunderlane shook his head. “I’m too busy. If you keep cooling things off, it’s gonna get downright clammy if I don’t keep on top of the humidity. Who’s on cloud detail today, anyway?”

Blossomforth groaned and rolled her eyes. “Rainbow Dash, of course.”

“She’s going to sleep ALL DAY,” Thunderlane said, stomping in a circle around Blossomforth as she nodded her approval, “then show up five minutes before quitting time, spend ten seconds doing her job, then yell at us for not getting our jobs done!”

“Yeah!” Blossomforth added. “The jobs that we can’t do until she gets her job done!”

Thunderlane narrowed his eyes. “That’s it! We can’t let her slack off all day, but what are we going to do about it?”

Blossomforth smiled and gave the stallion a playful shove with her hoof. “I know where she naps at Sweet Apple Acres. You do what you can with the weather til I get back.”


“Good morning, class!” Cheerilee said with her namesake smile, giving the students a moment to quiet themselves. “We have a new student with us today. Please welcome Milkweed Fluff, from Cloudsdale!”

The class murmured greetings while a silvery pegasus filly turned around and waved sheepishly from the front row. Scootaloo quietly groaned and plopped her head onto her desk. One chair to the right, Sweetie raised an eyebrow and looked at Scootaloo and Apple Bloom for answers, though neither of them looked up.

Cheerilee began the lesson, which Sweetie promptly ignored. Rainbow had already been through school, and didn’t much care for it the first time. She ran out of pencils once they had all become stuck in the ceiling. Each little thump had caused a chorus of subdued giggles from behind Sweetie, followed by a sharp glare of suspicion from Cheerilee. However, between Rainbow’s experience causing trouble in school, and Sweetie’s innocent face, she managed to avoid incrimination.

For a while, anyway. After half a dozen paper airplanes, some practice throwing wadded paper balls into a wastebasket, and a trio of silly hats that nopony else wanted to wear, Cheerilee began a “casual” stroll through the classroom while she lectured. Blank white pages stared back at her as she looked over Sweetie’s shoulder at the half-empty notebook. Cheerilee scooped up the notebook as she passed, not slowing her stroll or interrupting her lecture until she had deposited the notebook on her desk. She paused briefly to give Sweetie a look that conveyed as much disappointment as it did confusion.

There were three hundred eighty-four ceiling tiles, fifteen desks, and thirty-seven pushpins holding up announcements and cardboard decorations. Six windows had eight panes each, and three windows had four panes each, making a total of… um, carry the one? Sweetie counted the panes individually. Sixty. There were thirty-six pushpins holding up announcements and cardboard decorations. Wait. Thirty-seven? She groaned and rolled her eyes.

Having run out of distractions, Sweetie finally looked up at the chalkboard to see a giant diagram of a unicorn’s brain and horn. She reached up with one hoof to trace the bony protrusion on her forehead as she traced the lines on the chalkboard with wide eyes. She slowly gasped as she sat up straighter, suddenly interested in Cheerilee’s lesson. The material was obviously written for a diverse classroom; intended to help earth ponies and pegasi understand magic just as much as unicorns.

Sweetie began following the lecture, occasionally closing her eyes to feel the magic that Twilight had always said was difficult to explain and even more difficult for a non-unicorn to understand, testing out the shapes and patterns of the æther that flowed through the room and her own horn. Before she knew it, the recess bell had rung, starting a tidal wave of colts and fillies rushing toward the bright outdoors.

Sweetie hopped out of her chair, quickly catching up to Apple Bloom and Scootaloo who were trudging toward the door. “Hey,” Sweetie said, bouncing up and down. “Did you see all that stuff about magic and unicorn brains? That was awesome!”

Neither of the fillies seemed excited.

“Come on guys, I know that neither of you are as cool as a unicorn or anything—” Sweetie indicated her horn with a dramatic flourish “—but I thought at least recess was supposed to be fun or something?”

Scootaloo frowned, almost closing her eyes as she looked at the floor. “No.”

Apple Bloom sighed, then looked at Sweetie. “There’s a new pegasus in class, so that means Diamond Tiara is gonna make fun of Scootaloo. An’ just like with Babs, the filly’s either gonna be a bully too, or get made fun of with the rest of us.”

Sweetie threw one foreleg over Scootaloo’s shoulders, narrowed her eyes and grinned. “We’ll see about that.”


Blossomforth glided over Sweet Apple Acres, scanning the trees until she spotted Applejack and Big Mac bucking apples in the southeastern quarter of the orchard. The Apples always harvested in a rotating pattern, and Rainbow always napped in the trees with ripe fruit. Armed with this knowledge, Blossomforth swooped low over the eastern edge of the farm and concentrated her scrutiny on the trees with the shadiest foliage and the most snackable apples.

After hovering around a few comfortable-looking trees, Blossomforth could hear Rainbow’s unmistakable leaf-rattling snores emanating from one in particular. She landed quietly on the soft grass, then glanced between the increasingly cloudy sky and the sleeping pegasus. From the stories Rainbow told, it wasn’t uncommon for her to get bucked out of a tree along with a load of apples, if Applejack was harvesting quicker than Rainbow expected.

Blossomforth eyed the trunk. Every square inch of the wood looked the same as every other square inch. She shrugged and picked a relatively flat spot as her target, then turned around, settled in, and bucked the trunk as hard as she could. Every bone in her body immediately regretted this decision.

Her teeth hurt, and it felt like the tree had tried to buck the fur off of her body. Blossomforth plopped her flank down onto the grass and held her head with her hooves until her eyes stopped rattling. She winced and growled before yelling up into the branches, “Rainbow, wake up, you have to get to work!”

The snores continued unabated, so she hopped up to Rainbow’s branch with a couple flaps of her wings. She planted all four hooves on the branch, took a deep breath, then jumped up and down, shaking the branch violently while screaming, “RAINBOW DASH!”

Rainbow’s eyes popped wide open as she awoke in a flurry of limbs, floating in the air for an instant before falling to the ground with a yelp and half a dozen apples. As she lay on her back, staring up at a giggling Blossomforth, Rainbow said, “Huh, I thought falling out of a tree would have hurt more.”

Along with a few leaves, Blossomforth fluttered to the grass beside Rainbow. “I’m so sorry to disturb your nap,” she said, pouring all the sarcasm she could muster into her voice. She waved a hoof at the sky and asked, “What do you see up there, Rainbow?”

“Oooh, I like this game,” Rainbow declared, clapping her forehooves together as she squirmed on her back, settling into a more comfortable position in the soft grass. The intermittent sunlight made her squint as she studied the fluffy clouds passing above her. She gasped and pointed at a lump of cumulus. “That’s definitely a bear. Oh, and there’s an adorable little bunny! See!”

“Um…” Blossomforth turned her face to the sky and then back to the supine pegasus. “Rainbow, do you remember the weather assignment for today?”

Rainbow screwed her face into a confused sneer. “Rainbow Dash gets homework?”

“Noooooo, Rainbow Dash just gets regular work. Because she has a job.” Blossomforth squeezed her eyes closed and rubbed a temple with her hoof, muttering, “And refers to herself in the third person.” She opened her eyes and looked at Rainbow like she was asking a cat what it wanted for dinner. “So, do you remember what today’s weather is supposed to be?”

“Fluffy, and adorable?” Rainbow squeaked with a nervous grin.

“Look, Rainbow, you’ve got a job to do. Thunderlane is doing all he can to keep the sky from falling apart right now. I know it’ll only take you ten seconds, because you’re” —she waved her forehooves in the air like a jazz pony— “so awesome or whatever, but you really need to get it done so the rest of the weather team can do our jobs.”

Rainbow rolled over and stood up, shaking off a few loose blades of grass. “What, um, is my job?”

“How hard did you hit your head when you fell out of that tree? You know what your job is, it’s the same job you’ve been doing for years!” Now come on, let’s meet up with Thunderlane and get this fixed so you can get back to your nap.” Blossomforth leapt into the air and turned toward the lake.

“Wait!” Rainbow cried.

“What is it this time?” Blossomforth asked, not even slowing down.

Rainbow looked down as she poked a hoof at a random tuft of grass. “I… I can’t fly.”

Blossomforth froze in mid-air, flapping stiffly as she turned around to regard Rainbow with a half-lidded glare. “What?”

“Ummmm…”

“Are you telling me that THE Rainbow Dash can’t fly?”

“I, uh,” Rainbow bit her lip and shifted her eyes left and right. “Rarity styled my mane, and I don’t want to mess up the beautiful curls?”

“Did she curl your feathers, too? Just because you’re Rainbow Dash doesn’t mean you have to fly everywhere ridiculously fast. I fly slow enough that I don’t mess up my bangs, just follow me and you’ll be fine.”

“Yeah, but your bangs are just… I mean, um…” Rainbow coughed, then lowered the pitch of her voice to a deep bass. “I mean, I don’t know anything about manestyles, so I’d better not risk it. Heh.” She started to do a typical Rainbow Dash hoof-through-the-mane maneuver, but stopped when she remembered her curls. Instead, she gave her curls a little bounce while trying to look cool and daring.

Blossomforth squinted and rubbed the back of her head with one hoof. “I don’t… Are you trying to make fun of my mane? Who was that voice supposed to be, anyway?”

“What? No, I wouldn’t make fun of you. That wouldn’t be very nice…”

Hovering in front of Rainbow, Blossomforth stretched her forehooves wide. “You make fun of me all the time!”

“… you jerk?” Rainbow winced, watching for a reaction with one nervous eye.

Blossomforth stared at Rainbow for several silent moments. “Wow.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Okay. I don’t have time for… whatever it is that’s wrong with you. Let’s fly.”

Rainbow’s wings remained tightly stuck to her side as she looked down at her shuffling hooves and croaked, “I can’t.”

Blossomforth landed with a sigh. “I just don’t get it, Rainbow. Even when you’re not in charge, you’re in charge.” She took a step closer to Rainbow, squinting as she tried to look behind the frightened ruby eyes. “What’s going on with you today?”

Sweat dripped down Rainbow’s face. “I-I thi—”

“I don’t care,” Blossomforth said, cutting her off, “whether this is some sort of existential crisis, or another incredibly elaborate attempt to get out of work. I’m going to get you to the rest of the weather team, and we can figure it out from there.”

“Well, as long as I’m back before school’s out, then — AIEEE!” Rainbow frantically paddled her legs in the air, as Blossomforth scooped her up and carried her into the sky.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 has been edited by silvadel the glorious.

Comments ( 63 )

Bootiful and fabulous chapter you got there :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiehappy:

Sweetie Belle in Rainbow Dash's body, cloud busting? This should end well. :pinkiecrazy:

Fabulous and bootiful chapter you there got:pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy:

“Yeah, but you’ll need coffee to wake up in time to get to work and take a nap. Rarity, do you have Foalgers?”

I know for a fact that my day does not begin until I have my coffee.

It's kinda hard to follow who is speaking when both body-switched characters are present. The narration shows who's body is speaking/doing action, but the characters address the souls/personalities in the dialogues. At least you consequentially followed your own rule, but I still had to stop for a few seconds sometimes to understand who is speaking.

You should call one Rainbow Belle and the other Sweetie Dash :3

*Grins* fun stuff. I'm with Phoenix though that sometime figuring out who was speaking was a bit confusing.

Hap

4755164 I... I think that would make things even MORE confusing than they already are.

Awesome chapter. Try color coding the first letter of Rainbow Dash's lines to make it easier to tell who's talking.

I can't wait to see "Sweetie" confront Diamond Tiara. :rainbowwild:

Hap

4755458 You'll have to wait for the very first line of the next chapter!

Well, at least Rainbow's learning SOMETHING from all this.

4755305 Well, It is a little confusing, but I get super confused when I really need to remember who's who. And I need to remember that SB is RD and RD is SB.

BTW I can't wait for Sweetie Belle to confront Diamond Tiara

Two words. "Update Soon" :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

I laughed so hard at Sweetie's first reaction to coffee. Mainly because it reminds me of my first reaction to the stuff... Now, however, I can't live without it. Also, there's a comma here:

it wasn’t uncommon for her to get bucked out of a tree along with a load of apples, if Applejack was harvesting quicker than Rainbow expected.

That doesn't need to be there.

The longer I stare at the cover art, the funnier it gets.

Will read this one later.

I can see a few people have already touched on this, but you really need to choose either to call them by their real name or the name of their body. You don't need to do anything special, just pick one and stick with it. Myself, I'd just call them by their real names. We know they've switched bodies by now, you don't need to remind us every paragraph.

Otherwise it's a fun story; I've enjoyed it so far.

4757127 I tried coffee for the first time last week.

It was bloody horrible.

4757811 I take my coffee black. It's the only way.

4757914 NOPE.

Blech.

I drank iced coffee with, sugar and hazel flavoring. Had to drink some Dr. Pepper to get the taste out of my mouth.

My co-workers still wonder what's wrong with me.

4757811 The only way I can actually drink coffee is at half strength with a ton of sugar... Perhaps in time, the amount of sugar will decrease. But for now, any other way is just too bitter.:twilightoops::pinkiesick::fluttershyouch:

4758161 I can't stand any amount of coffee. :pinkiesick:

4757914
A person after my own heart :moustache: I prefer my coffee like I prefer my women: dark, bitter and open to fair trade :rainbowlaugh:

4758460
It is most definately an aquired taste... it's something you need to get used to.

If only Rarity had thought to tell them both to say "Magical accident, Twilight's working on it" if anyone asked them why they were acting weird. In Ponyville, that's pretty much a universal excuse.

Hap

4757662 In my narration, I always refer to them by the body, though other characters address them according to the mind. If I've addressed someone incorrectly in the narration, please point it out so I can correct it. I've tried to be consistent.

I did try re-writing the first chapter according to some of the suggestions in the comments, but it really was much less clear. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. *shrug*

:pinkiecrazy: The lols are great and yay update. Want more for Sweetie(Rainbow) VS Diamond.

4759136 Meh.

I'll just stick to Mountain Dew for caffeination purposes.

Silly Blossom, the answer is so obvious. Rainbow Dash is a Changeling.

Well, at least they're in different scenes for the moment, so that's sorted for me, at least...

4759855 That's good too... I drink about one 1.25 liter bottle of that stuff a day. I'm sure it's not good for me... but meh. I don't care. I love the stuff.. I'd have it as a drip-feed into my body if I could.

4761370 Oh, I know it's bloody horrible for me.

But, ya know, gotta stay awake and alive.

So I don't get fired and all that.

Did I mention my sleeping schedule in horridly messed up? :pinkiecrazy:

Rainbow Dash/Sweetie Bel is going up against Diamond Tiara?

Oh, I'm so going to want to see this.

4761566
Not sure if it could possibly be as bad as mine :\

4761931 Well, I watched Code Geass until 4AM last night, if that tells you anything.

4762155
I stayed up until about 3:30am last night on Fimfiction when I had to get up at 6 for work... Either luckily, or unluckily, (Haven't decided yet) I got sick, so I couldn't go.

4762452 Oi. That is pretty bad.

Like I said, I collapsed at 4 (laughing hysterically for no particular reason), but I didn't have to get up for Church (yes, I'm a Christian. Persecute me. :ajbemused:... ... ... That was supposed to be a joke... :fluttershysad:) until 9.

Plus, I had some ever-infamous Mountain Dew. :trollestia::yay:

I’ve gotta keep bringing down cold air from the stratosphere

Actually, since hot air rises and cold air sinks, she would have to actually bring warm air down. But this is still a great story, update soon!

Hap

4763564 Actually actually, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_temperature :twilightsmile:

Thermal convection does make warm air rise on small scales, but when air rises high enough to reach the stratosphere, the pressure drops enough that various gas laws dictate that the temperature drops. The dropping temperature also decreases the solubility of water vapor in air, causing the supersaturated solution to precipitate, forming clouds.

Or, you know, horsemagic. :pinkiehappy:

4764307 hmm... I'm just gonna go with Horsemagic actually actually

Damn this story's good.
Really well written, and some funny lines.

“Good morning, class!” Cheerilee said with her namesake smile

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Hap

4797520 In my mind, you are now a Spanish swordsman. And yes, it wasn't technically correct, but her smile was cheery, and her name is Cheerilee. So it kinda sort worked. ish.

well, if she's anything like her sister, than this will be fun:pinkiecrazy:
4755103
finally someone agrees with me

“Sweetie, don—” Rarity squinted and began rubbing her temple with one hoof “—Rainbow, don’t talk with your mouth full.”

see, even rarity is confused to who is doing what:rainbowlaugh:

Oh Sweetie Belle :applecry: = :unsuresweetie:

THIS STORY IS AWESOME!!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER
but take the time you want, as long as your writing keep being this good

More please. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment