• Published 7th Jun 2014
  • 8,005 Views, 25 Comments

Vinyl Scratch's Inflation Situation - Bob-dude



Octavia has reached a breaking point with her roommate Vinyl's behavior. So what better way to teach a pony with a blimp sized ego a lesson than by blowing up her like a balloon?

  • ...
12
 25
 8,005

Vinyl Scratch's Inflation Situation


It had started with a dirty, sweat soaked saddle left carelessly lying on the couch. That had been the tipping point for Octavia Philharmonica in terms of Vinyl's behavior. Oh to be sure, there had been other incidents building up to the saddle bag.
How many meetings for lunch at Sugar Cube Corner had she missed? Four. How many times had she come to 'show support' for her only to completely ruin the high end atmosphere by breaking out that accursed Bass Canon of hers? Three, with one ban in Las Pegasus of all places. And the ones she didn't even show up to she missed completely. I'm still wasn't sure which of the two is more insulting even after all these months.

Add in the mild headache that Octavia had been nursing that morning when she had come across the saddle, and it was no surprise that she had decided to make Vinyl “DJ Pon-3” Scratch pay if it was the last thing she did. Now, being a refined earth pony musician of Classical music from Canterlot, Octavia was not one to normally a pony who harbored petty thoughts of vengeance. Nor did she want Vinyl to come to any serious harm. She was in her own way a good a friend and roommate as any pony could ask for.
But between the Wub fetish, the wub power washing machine, the missed dates, the ruined recitals, the general air of arrogance, and- well, there was only so much a pony could stand, even a good friend, before something had to be done. What that something was however, Octavia didn't have a clue.

“Whatever it is though,” Octavia muttered to herself. “It's going to be BIG.”

*MLP*

“HOW CAN THIS BE SO BLOODY HARD?!”

It was three days had passed since she had swore her vengeance and Octavia was in her room, which had become in the intervening time filled to the brim, with dozens upon dozens of crumpled up sheets of paper. Her ideas were either far too morbid or just not good enough. Octavia tapped the paper with in pencil, her hoof grip becoming even tighter with each tap.

Eating Vinyl whole, forcing her to eat that cursed wub washing machine of hers, emotionally breaking her until she regresses into a child-like mental state. If nothing else I apparently have quite the future as a horror writer. Becoming an over exaggerated parody of Vinyl herself won't work, the satire would no doubt go right over her wub filled noggin and she'd probably be flattered if nothing else.

But in spite of her current writer's block the gray earth pony mare was determined to not give up. Someway, somehow there MUST be something that could take some much needed air out of Vinyl Scratch's Zeppelin sized ego...

A lone candle stick was then suddenly ignited in her mind and an impish smile slowly appeared across Octavia's lips. It was so obvious, so very clearly obvious as to just what sort of temporary fate she could give her rambunctious roommate. And she knew just the pony-well, Zebra at any rate- who could help her with what she had planned. Making sure she had a good amount of Bits on her, Octavia quickly cantered down the stairway and zoomed out the door, and galloped for the Everfree Forest.

As she bounded forward towards her destination, Octavia muttered: “I hope you've enjoyed yourself Vinyl, because tonight will be a night that neither you nor your wub obsessed fans will ever forget!”

*MLP*

Octavia approached Zecora's hut with worried anticipation as she slowly gaited towards the wood door. She knew, in a distant academic sense, that the zebra herb and potion master wasn't an evil witch doctor who ate other ponies, and was in fact perfectly friendly once you got to know her and got used to her unexplained habit of rhyming. All of this was not much comfort though, as she closed in on the unsettling moss and slime covered wood hut. Was that a worm on that rooftop? Octavia thought. As her heat pounded rapidly, she nudged the door open with her nose. Inside was not the potion mistress herself, but instead a yellow coated, red maned filly. For a moment, Octavia could only blink in confusion.

However, the filly, had no such problems as she quickly and happily zipped up in front of Octavia, a big grin on her small muzzle as she took Octavia's front hoof and shook it rapidly. “Howdy and welcome to Zecora's Hut O Healin' Herbs and Restorin' Remedies, how can ah help ya today?”

“I-I was looking for Zecora.”

“She's not in right now, she's out at some big Zebra convention thingy back in her homelands and left me, her most trusted and faithful apprentice, in charge.”

“Oh, well maybe I'll come back another time then. Sorry to be a bother.” Octavia had only just managed to turn around and face the hut door once more before the filly spoke up again.

“Now wait just one apple pickin minute miss fancy hooves!”

Slowly, Octavia turned around only to get a very up close view of the filly's flank. “What do you see there?”

“S-some pants and what looks like a boiling cauldron?”

“Exactly, do you know what that means?”

Octavia opened her muzzle to respond but a yellow hoof was shoved in and corked her up before she had a chance to say as much as a single word.

“It means,” the filly said, continuing. “That my special talent is potion making and what's more I'm the first of the Apple family to even have a potion makin' cutie mark, so while I don't have Zecorca's years of experience and such I bet ya bits to doughnuts that I'll be able to help you with whatever potion or planet related need ya got.”

Octavia could only once more blink helplessly, even after the filly had removed her hoof from the mouth. Clearly, Octavia thought. No pony has ever taught this child how to wash her hooves properly, I practically taste the dirt particles. It was a lot to take in and she had been more than a little caught off guard by the filly's forcefulness. Actually, now that I look at her, she isn't so much a child, but more of a young adult.

“My name is Octavia, I do music recitals in Canterlot and I'm looking to get revenge on a certain pony.”

The potion mark pony raised an eyebrow. “This one of those 'pol-o-tic' sort of deals?” she tapped the side of her muzzle, around the nose area, for empathize. “Cuz if you're asking for what I'm thinking you're asking for, then you best high tail it outta here. We here at Zecora's Hut O Healin' Herbs and Restorin' Remedies don't hold no truck with murder.”

“Murder!?” Octavia's eyes bugged outward upon hearing that. “Sweet Celestia, no! You misunderstand completely miss...?”

“Apple Bloom.”

“Right, you completely misunderstand Miss Bloom, I don't want this pony dead. Quite the contrary, she's a good friend and my roommate. I simply misspoke, by revenge I meant to well, basically play a prank on her.” Saying it out loud like that, Octavia realized how foalish and silly it sounded, but she remained steadfast in her desire to see Vinyl's ego taken down a notch or two.

“Oh!” Apple Bloom's formerly cross and serious looking expression shifted into one of causal happiness. “Well that's easy, we got a fine crop of Poison Joke-”

“I was thinking something less.... random in it's effects. Something that could get me my desired result without leaving something to chance.”

“Well, what is it?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Well....” Octavia could feel the heat in her cheeks intensify as a small lump in her throat began to form. Swallowing it down quickly, she said, “I... I want to blow my roommate up like a balloon.”

Now it was Apple Bloom's turn to blink blankly. “Huh. Didn't say that I saw THAT one comin'. So who is this pony anyways?”

“Her name is Vinyl Scratch.”

Another blank stare.

Octavia sighed. “DJ Pon-3.”

“Oooohhhh, well why didn't ya say so? I've seen her as the opening act to Sapphire Shores from time to time.” Apple Bloom then frowned slightly. “Why do you want to blow her up like a balloon?”

“Because as good a friend and roommate as she is I have just had my fill of her.... Vinylness. So I thought: Why not make her like her ego, all full of hot air like a big inflated balloon? Is that possible though, inflating a pony like a balloon?”

“Sure it is, least I think so... I'ma check Zecora's big big o potion making knowledge!”

Apple Bloom trotted over to a massive, weather worn tome (which Octavia couldn't help but note had a leather covering of all things on it) and nudged the book open with her muzzle.

“Let's see... balloons. See Inflation.” The young Apple apprentice flipped through more dried out pages, until she came across the entry. “Inflation. Says here we have a-” Apple Bloom peered down at the aged Zebra writing and squinted. “Idol and non Idol option. No idea what Idols have to do with anything but do you have a preference either way?”

“So long as it doesn't kill Vinyl, can be reversed and doesn't keep her as a blimp pony forever, I couldn't care less.”
Apple Bloom nodded, not looking up from the book. “Got it,” A few seconds of searching later, “I think I got just what you're lookin for miss Octavia. 'Blimp n' Bloat'. It's this powdery stuff that you're supposed to put in your drink of choice and when the pony drinks it, the bloat up like a big ole blimp!”

“Excellent!” Octavia rubbed her front hooves together in glee, soon she would have some much needed vengeance against her obnoxious roommate. “And they won't explode?”

“Nope.”

“What about accidental popping?” Ocativa asked, cringing slightly as the thought of Vinyl bursting like a hot air balloon in front of her audience.

“Nope on that too, it says that whoever ingests the Blimp N Bloat won't be capable of internally or externally 'ploding.”

“What about time? I don't want Vinyl to be a giant balloon for the rest of her life.”

“No problem's there Miss Octavia, according to the book, Blimp N Bloat only lasts a few hours.”

Octavia tried to hid her grin, this 'Blimp N Bloat' seemed to be EXCATLY what she needed to put Vinyl in her place. “And do you have this substance?”

Apple Bloom glanced back to Octavia and nodded. “Sure do! Give me a sec, and I'll get you a bag of the stuff.”

Some 10 minutes later, Apple Bloom was waving a hoof goodbye to Octavia. The gray earth pony had paid some 50 bits for the substance and seemed quite pleased with herself. Apple bloom was pleased as well, she had made her first sale on her own, and with such a weird request to boot! Granted, that part about the idols didn't make a lick of sense, but she could always talk it over with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle when they came over for the weekly tea party.

Octavia was humming, literally, with glee (her tune of choice was the epic and sweeping 'Hymn of the Ponyland Republic') as she made her way towards her shared home with Vinyl. With any luck she would have just enough time to make a fresh cup of coffee for her dear sweet oh so considerate roommate.

*MLP*
Vinyl Scratch grinned when she stepped in the door as a distinct and powerful smell waffled into her nostrils. It was nearly six o clock and she had just enough time to make her nightly pot of coffee and catch her train. But it seemed that a certain earth pony roommate had gone and already made a pot.

“Is that coffee I'm smellin' Octy?”

Octavia poked her head out from the kitchen. “Indeed it is. I figured that since you work so hard and such long hours at those night club of yours, that I might save you the trouble and fix you a pot ahead of time.”

“Awww, come here you!” Octavia let out a small grunt of pain as Vinyl gaited over and wrapped her white front legs around her neck in a particularly tight embrace, it took all of her control to keep the tainted coffee pot from spilling all over the floor.
“Thanks for doing this Octy.” Vinyl whispered in her friends ear.

“I-It's just a pot of coffee Vinyl!” Octavia said, blushing for the third time that day. “You do remember what Dr. Sweetheart said about the sandwich thing right?”

“It's not that. It's just... I KNOW I'm not the easiest pony to live with sometimes. Or that I've been the friends as of late. Missing lunches, wrecking your recitals, leaving my stuff everywhere. It's not cool so I decided that from today on I'm going to try and be a better friend and I started with cleaning that dirty saddle of mine I had laying about earlier today.

Octavia felt her light purple eyes widen upon hearing that. I must have been so obsessed with brewing that coffee that I hadn't even realized that stupid saddle wasn't even on the couch anymore! Vinyl continued talking.

“-and I know we don't always see eye to eye on things, and I know I've probably been getting under your coat as of late so I just wanted to say: Thanks Octavia. Thanks for being my friend.”

“Vinyl, I don't-”

Just as Octavia was about to blurt out her entire plan with tear filled eyes, having been as touched as she was by her friend's compassion, Vinyl suddenly snatched the pot and chugged the brown caffeinated liquid down in three large gulps.

“BRRRUUPPP!” Vinyl wiped her mouth with a front leg and grinned at her roommate. “Pretty good pot of coffee Octy, what was in it?”

“Oh you know, ground up beans and such,” Octavia said with a dismissive wave of her hoof as she tried to stop smiling awkwardly. “Speaking of the coffee, though, you don't by any chance feel a bit bloated by chance?”

“Nope, feel fine.”

“O-Or gassy? Do you feel gassy at all?”

Vinyl smirked. “You mean aside from that most excellent burp I just let loose? Nope.” She then frowned. “You okay Octavia? You're looking a little gray around the gills... more than usual I mean.”
“O-Oh it's nothing V-Vinyl. Don't you have a train to catch?”

Vinyl Scratch's wine red eyes widened upon hearing this. “Pony poop, you're right Octy!” Quickly flipping her signature purple shades down Vinyl hastily rushed towards the door. “Thanks again for the coffee, don't wait up!”

With a quick slam of the door, Octavia was once again alone. For a moment that seemed to stretch on into entity, she said and did nothing. Until finally, “Well, maybe she won't get quite SO big when this is all said and done. N-No point in worrying about it now Octavia, what's done is done.” The gray earth pony was half way up the stair to her room when another thought suddenly battered it's way into her skull. “How big is Vinyl even going to get for that matter?”

*MLP*

Vinyl Scratch could practically taste the excitement in her mouth as she took to the stage. It wasn't the usual thrill she got from preforming for a large audience, though that feeling was certainly there. No, whatever this strange sensation was, it felt wonderful and almost giddy-like. She felt more confident and sure of herself then she had felt in ages, and given how much bravo she put in being confident that was saying something.

Now, with the roaring crowd of her fans before, Vinyl felt truly and completely at peace with herself. Here she wasn't just Vinyl Scratch, unicorn. Here she was DJ Pon-3, Mistress of wubstep and the wubs were her's to control. Looking down at the dim outline of the crowd through the darkened room, she grinned and brought her mouth towards the microphone on the turntable.

“HHHEEELLLLOOOOO CANTERLOT! WHO'S READY TO PARTY?!”

The crowd of hundreds of ponies, Canterlot natives or otherwise, let out a tremendous roar of affirmation.

“Well, then. I guess it's time-” Vinyl flicked her shades over her eyes, completing her transformation into DJ Pon-3. “-TO. DROP. THE. BASS!!!”

The two massive bass speaker systems then suddenly boomed to life as the rippling vibrations of Pon-3's much beloved wubs came marching out in waves, one big sound wave followed by a smaller wave, all in a tightly and carefully planned rhythm before hoof. It was a fairly simple beat, basically a beating heart set to music, but for the purpose of starting the crowd nice and easy, it would do just fine.

As her beloved wubs went a-dub-dub, Pon-3 summoned her magic and began to amplify their power. The rhythm soon spread across the whole massive club room so that every single faceless pony in the crowd could feel the wubs as they ricocheted off of the walls like a caffeinated Pinkie Pie on a Moon Bounce.

This was Pon-3's special talent, the power of controlling the flow of music and in her case, wubstep. Every musician pony had a music genre or skill of their own, some like Octy did Classical music while other ponies like Pon-3 and the DJ Neon Lights did wubstep.
It was this magic that started to activate the effects of the Blimp n' Bloat she had taken earlier that evening. Unbeknown to Pon-3, her much loved her much loved wubs bounced and ricocheted about, making their way back towards their mistress. Instead of passing through her and rattling her whole body to a rhythmic beat, they were absorbed into her body, like she was a sponge plopped into a fresh rain puddle.

Such a thing wasn't visible without the proper sort of magic, so, while the crowd of happy hoof-waving ponies continued to bounce to the beat, Pon-3 could feel that something was off.

Whoa, what hit me? The DJ thought to herself as she blinked behind her purple shades. There was a strange but not all that unsettling feeling in both her barrel and gut, closest comparison she could make was downing too much apple cider and getting a gassy tummy for your troubles. Oh well, can't stop now Pon-3 you got ponies to take care of.

Had the lighting of the club room not be as dark as it was, nor had she been wearing her shade, DJ Pon-3 might have glanced down and noticed that her barrel was-however slightly- filling up like a balloon. However, the room was dark, and her shades remained on, and Pon-3 ignored the strange fulfilling sensation. She began arranging turn table as she subtly increased the speed and intensity of her wubs.

With the tempo kicked up a few notches, Pon-3 barrel began to swell forward, mostly in a horizontal manner. The sensation no longer bothered her now, in truth some odd part of her found it weirdly appealing. Whatever this feeling is, I hope it never goes away!
Minutes passed and Pon-3 once more upped the power of her wubs, with the size of their ranks increased the vibrating sound waves began to make her barrel expand in overall width, making it look as if Pon-3 was pregnant with a single foal.

Once more the power of wubs was cranked up and they were compelled to bounce back as the snuggled into their ever expanding mistress. Pon-3 now seemed as if she was carrying twins. By the time she had reached triplets a distant realization dawned on her: I'm blowing up like a balloon!

Carefully she placed a white hoof on her barrel, and blinked rapidly when she felt how wide and taut it felt. Normally, Pon-3 would have been at least a little freaked out (blowing up into a balloon would do that to just about anypony), but with the Blimp n Bloat's encouraging effects combined with her laid back personality Pon-3 instead reached a very different conclusion: This is awesome! Pinkie Pie might have balloons on her butt but I but even she's never been inflated like one before! Wonder what's making me blow up though?\

Then, a newly made, seldom used wax candle was ignited. What a minute, I've been growing as my wubs have been increasing... which means that my wub and me are so boss that they can literally make be blow up like a blimp!

With a renewed zeal Pon-3 upped her anti and smiled with content- and slightly creepy- as she felt her barrel explode in size. Four foals. Five. By the time she reached half a dozen Pon 3 waddled back so she had plenty of room to grow to sizes undreamt off by most of pony kind. With a tilt of her head, she let her magic take over the turn table.

Alright my wubeys, let's see just how big a party balloon you can make me!

Letting out a small groan of sanctification, could feel her butt start to expand now in
place of her barrel. Right and left were in close competition as the two quickly became more and more like white air filled balloons with each reverberating wave of music.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff! Pon-3 gave her drum tight tush a shake and giggled as both cheeks did indeed bounce and squeak together like two closely connected balloons. DJ Pon-3's got the bounciest butt in all Equestria! Wonder what part of me is next? Only one way to find out!

The turntable was cranked far past the fabled eleven out of ten, now the were resting squarely at twelve. In a matter of seconds, her arms and legs began to puff up like smaller balloons attached to a massive blimp. Her front and back hooves were now nothing more then little divots. However, she was still able to move them, and gave her front ones a few wiggles, while giggling all the while. By now, even the dance happy atmosphere of the club and upbeat music couldn't hide the fact that DJ Pon-3 looked just a touch different then she had when she came in.

Slowly, more and more of the faceless audience began to notice that their wub mistress was much wider than she had been at the start of the show. Eventually the ponies stopped dancing as they all stared, dumbstuck, at the ever inflating unicorn.
Pon-3 began laughing, with just a slightly unhinged tone to her voice, as her body swelled and bloated further and further, until at long last she had reached her maximum wub carrying capacity.

Pon-3 knew she was a big bloated zeppelin of a pony- Dare I say, I might even be... sexy?- as her precious wubs, happily bounced around inside of her. Some part of her knew she was taller and larger then Celestia's much famed height and horse sized length.

She now floated in mid air, her oval shaped body now filled to the brim with her precious wubs, as she gazed out at her now silenced audience. Remarkably, her head remained unchanged and unhindered by her body's lovely large size. For a long moment, the only sound was the mighty thumping, pumping sound of the bass speakers, which continued to pump now harmless waves of sound out. A pony in the audience let out a cough.

“Who's up for a game of Bounce n' Bop?!” Pon-3 asked at last, a wide grin on her face.

The crowd of ponies erupted into yet another roar of affirmation. There was an old saying in Equestria: No pony ever went broke underestimating the public's love of songs and showmareship. While the audience had at first been taken back by their DJ expanding into a pony shaped blimp before their very eyes, they quickly brushed it off a new twist on Pon-3's act.

They happily joined in the collective game as Pon-3 launched herself into the crowd with her magic, while simultaneously working the turntable as green, blue and red lights flashed and waved back and forth madly.

The wubs flowed forth with renewed zeal, as if representing their mistress's ecstatic and joy filled mood as the white blimpicorn was bounced and bopped about with wild abandon, grinning happily all the while.

Pegasi and Alicorns can keep their flight, Pon-3 thought as she felt dozens of hooves brush up against her drum tight barrel before she was sent sailing in the air once more. And Pinkie can keep her streamers and balloons, because Pon-3's the biggest, sexiest, blimpist wubloon in all Equestria! I only wish Octy was here so she could join in on the fun.

*Meanwhile*

“Hang on Vinyl, we're coming!”

Octavia took a long view at the incoming vestige of Canterlot's magnificence before returning once more to her seat on the train car. Sitting across from her on the opposite train seat was the potion apprentice Apple Bloom and her two friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Relax, I'm sure DJ Pon-3 will be fine.” Scootaloo said as she propped her orange backs legs up on her customized scooter. “I mean so Apple Bloom made a slight error with the Blimp n Bloat stuff and didn't know that fetish could also mean idol, what's the worse that could happen considering she can't explode or anything?”

“I'm really sorry about all this Miss Octavia!” Apple Bloom had apologized for at least the fifteenth time that night since the trio had come frantically knocking at her door and explained the mistake. “It's just that the zebra language in that book is really hard to make out sometimes and-”


“That's quite alright.” Octvaia's voice was distant, her purple eyes still locked on her ever nearer destination. In truth, Octavia had been debating with herself about heading over to Vinyl's club and exorcising her guilt. That is until she Once they had explained the mixed up and difference between idol and erotic fetish, the four ponies had rushed out to the Ponyville train station, where they had thankfully managed to catch the train to Canterlot.

“It was my fault in the first place for being so childish anyways. If I had just talked my problems out with her instead of letting all that anger and frustration build up... I just hope she'll forgive me for all of this.”

*Meanwhile, at the night club.*

“THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME NIGHT OF MY LIFE EVER!” DJ Wubloon-3 shouted out loud as ponies continued to bounce her about like the ball of a balloon pony that she was. Time had gone out the window, and had taken everypony's collective common sense with it. Questions such as: 'Shouldn't the party be winding down about now?' Or: 'Why is Pon-3 a big inflated balloon-like pony anyways?' Did not occur to anypony. They had their music and Equestria's most enthusiastic beach ball and that was, for the moment, all that mattered.

Then, suddenly and without warning, the doors to the nightclub swung open with a dramatic bang. Both records on Pon-3's turntable skipped a beat as the crowd of ponies all turned in the direction of the doors. There stood a very frantic looking coal black maned earth pony, surrounded by three young adults that stood next to both sides of her flanks.

“Vinyl? Vinyl Scratch, where are you?”

“Yo, over here Octy!”

Octavia followed the sound of her friends voice and let out a small gasp of shock at what she saw. Her worse fears had been realized: Vinyl Scratch had expanded to a truly outrageously absurd level, The airship sized pony slowly floated down to the ground, the crowd making room for her as she did so.

“Sup!” DJ Pon-3 lifted her shades off of her head, reverting back to being Vinyl Scratch, and grinned at her friend. “Didn't expect to see you here Octy.”

“Oh Vinyl, this is all my fault!”

Vinyl blinked in confusion. “Huh?”

“Well it's just....” It was then that Octavia noticed the horde of staring ponies. She looked up at all of them and glared hard. “DO YOU PONIES MIND?”

“Alright folks, shows over.” Sweetie Belle said. “Nothing to see here but two friends making up with each other.”

“Move ah long, move ah long!” Apple Bloom added as she, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo helped herd the horde of ponies out of the night club. A low murmur of disappointment that the party had at last ended rippled throughout the crowd. The red, green, and blue lights shut off, the normal lights came back on, and the last of the wubs marched off into the sunset and faded away as the turntable finally shut off.

Soon, there was only Octavia and Vinyl Scratch in the room, as Apple bloom and her friends made sure to guard the entrance outside.

And so, Octavia began her story in full. How her anger at Vinyl's inconsiderate behavior over the past months had built up slowly until she had hatched her crazed revenge plan, how she had gotten the Blimp n Bloat from Apple Bloom (), how she had felt so guilt torn after what Vinyl had said about their friendship meaning so much to her, and how she had rushed off to Canterlot when she had realized the mistake that she and the potion apprentice had made.

“A—And now just look at you!” Octavia's eyes were now red as tears streamed down both sides of her muzzle. “You're the size of a carriage, I've probably trashed your reputation, and there's no telling what that fetish stuff could have done to you.”

“... So my awesomeness and wubs weren't the reason why I'm as large and in charge right now?”

Octavia resisted the urge to plant a front hoof on her face. “No, Vinyl, your 'awesomeness and wubs' had nothing to do with your current state, if they did wouldn't something like this had happen before? The point I am trying to get at is, can you ever forgive me?”

“Sure,” Vinyl replied happily. “Why wouldn't I?”

“W-Why wouldn't- LOOK AT YOURSELF!”

“Got a mirror hoofy?” Vinyl asked in a sly tone.

“I-Well-”

“Relax Octy,” Vinyl wiggled the two remains of her front hooves. “I know I'm a big ole blimp of a pony, and I'm okay with it. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing if that Pear-”

“Apple Bloom.”

“Right, if that Apple Bloom kid doesn't have any more of that Blimp n Bloat stuff back home.”

Were it at all possible for her jaw to unhinge any further than it have, Octavia's would have set an new Equestria record. “You mean you WANT to stay like this?”

“Sure, I'm big, bloated, sexy and proud of it, AND my fans had a blast too! I could totally add this into my act from now on and everything.”

“Sexy. Sexy!... Sexy.” Octavia sighed as she began to rub her forehead with a front hoof. “Just answer me this Vinyl, how do you plan to go to the bathroom like this?”

Vinyl opened her mouth to reply, but then closed in as she furled her brow in thought.

“.... Good point Octy. Guess I better return back to normal after all.”

“Thank Princess Sparkle's pointy crown.” Octavia muttered.

“Um... Octavia, how DO I get back to normal?”

Octavia's eyes widened upon hearing this. “Oh pony poo.”

“Oh, wait! I got an idea, come here.”

Octavia frowned as she leaned forward to her friend's slightly indented head. Vinyl whispered to her, causing Octavia's frown to deepen further still.

“Are you sure that will work?” she asked.

“Heck if I know, but if it was my control of sound waves that made me this big, beautiful blimp of a pony, then makes sense that my control of waves will return me to normal, right?”

“I suppose so...”

“Also, you have to stand there and take it.”

“What! Why should I?”

Vinyl arched an questioning eyebrow. “Do you really have to ask?”

“I... Very well, just get it over with.”

Vinyl grinned. “Hope you're ready to hear me drop the BELRRAAAAAPPPPPPP-”

Outside of the club the former Cutie Mark Crusaders were all shaken off their respective hooves as the club building and it's nearby surroundings began to quake madly. Windows of both the normal and stained variety rattled madly as they threatened to nearly shatter completely while the crashing sound of a nearby potted object caused one high society pony to exclaim: “My vase!”
“I-Is i-i-it an e-earthquake?” asked Sweetie belle as the ground continued to tremble beneath their hooves.

“W-W-What sorta earthquake comes i-in w-wubstep form?” Apple Bloom pointed out, teeth nearly rattling out of her gums as she spoke.

But before either friend could reply, however, the shaking stopped as suddenly as it had started and both Octavia and a much thinner, non wub filled Vinyl Scratch trotted out together. Octavia's mane looked as if it had been forcibly straightened back, as if she had put her hoof in an electric socket (not that Equestria had electric sockets mind you), while Vinyl seemed quite content with the night she had just experienced.

“See, told you it would work Octy. Looks like all those years of practicing my wubstep based belching paid off!”

“I... think I'm going to go back to the train station now.” The earth pony mumbled, a purple eye twitching slightly.
“Cool, I'll catch up latter.” Vinyl began to crack her neck from side to side. “Being a big blimp pony leaves quite a crick in your neck, that's for sure.”

Octavia nodded as she began to trot off, before suddenly turning back to her friend.

“Thanks for not being mad at me.”

“Course Octy, what are friends for?”

When Octavia had finally trotted out of sight, Vinyl Scratch turned to Apple Bloom and whispered, “So about that Blimp Bloat stuff-”

*MLP*

Epilogue

Early the next morning, Vinyl Scratch happily hummed to herself as the wafting scent of Octavia's favorite Trottingham brand of tea lazily boiled to life in the kettle on their wood fueled stove. Yes, she had it all planned out. First the two would share some of Octy's favorite drink, even if Vinyl herself was more of a coffee sort of pony anyway. Then Vinyl would insist on doing a duet together, Octavia with her much loved cello, while she mixed in a nice slow rhythmic beat that would do well to suit Octy's genre and song of choice.

Vinyl Scratch wasn't angry at her, quite the opposite in fact. She just wanted to mix something they both had in common along with the wondrous sensation that Octy had indirectly showed her last night. Vinyl knew the two of them didn't always see eye to eye on most things, so what better way to strengthen their friendship than by giving Octy the same gift that she had given her last night?
As the kettle wailed its announcement that the tea had finished, Vinyl Scratch couldn't help but wonder which of the two of them was going to be the bigger blimp when this was all said and done.

Author's Note:

Big thanks to Notes for helping me edit this story together https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5677798/PatchTheProdigy

Story inspired by and Cover image created by Necronomikat http://necronomikat.deviantart.com/

Edit: Now with edits and improvements thanks to Rex Ivan

Comments ( 24 )

I might give it a read, im gonna favorite it so I can read it later.

4508759 y not just add it to ur 'read later' list?

4508829 then I might forget it, if I see the "1" red star, I will remember, I have a lot going on in my life so I might forget if I put it in my "read later" list.:applejackunsure:

This is actually...a really hilarious fanfic...wubloon lol I laughed out loud a few times...you captured what I believe vinyls personality would be and the ending made me snicker as well....my only criticism would be that there are a few grammatical errors....so I think you should consider using a proofreader...I am thinking those errors may be why this story has so many downvotes already....and it's too bad because the idea and dialogue are quite good :)

4509623
Glad you liked the story, as for grammatical errors I already put it though at least two people so there shouldn't be that much in the way of mistakes (though I am horrible at self correction so what do I know?). Regardless, I'll try to find the time to look the story over and see if I can't fix any of these mistakes. As for the down votes, it's a little disappointing (what with this being my first Fim story and all) but I'm not bothered that much by it really. The grammar might play a role in it, but I think it might have more to do with the fact that some folks just don't like inflation stories like this.

Still, glad you liked it and that I got you to laugh if nothing else.

4509538 Well whenever you find the time to read it, be sure to let me know what you think! (Also, apologizing for any grammatical errors that might still be left over, I'll be sure to look the story over one final time for any remaining wrongness when I get the chance.)

Very nice!

I finally got around to reading it, it was awesome. THUMBS UP.

4545886

Thanks! Happy to hear that you liked it, anything in particular stand out story/writing wise?

4547115 I think it was cleverly written. Had a good sense of humor, those are the big dogs right there.

Slowly, Octavia turned around only to get a very up close view of the filly's flank. “What do you see there?”

“S-some pants and what looks like a boiling cauldron?”

“Exactly, do you know what that means?”

I'm sure you meant 'plants' there, but that made me wish Octavia had replied, "You're good at doing laundry?" :rainbowlaugh:

5129374

Ah. Grammar errors. Yes, I did indeed mean plants there. Hopefully you liked the rest of the story, though.

Oh, sure. I always like an expansion story where the protagonist is having fun with it, and this was cute and funny. I just liked that line, too, regardless of it being a typo.

>“What about accidental popping?” Ocativa asked
-Just pointing ->Octavia.

> 'Blimp N Bloat' seemed to be EXCATLY
-Exactly.

>That is until she Once they had explained
-Huh... I think words were forgotten or the phrase was half-done ?

>the Blimp n Bloat from Apple Bloom ()
-Not sure how those errors happened ?

An interesting take on the concept. :twilightsmile:

I would point out that there are some grammatical and typographical errors, but it seems that has already been spoken of. Since it doesn't look like they've been corrected, I will remind you that it is possible to edit a chapter even after it is published. You just go into the chapter and hit the edit button on the top left (assuming you're logged in as the author). It seems like most people don't realize this. :applejackconfused:

5694666 I am aware that the story can be edited and while it is on my to-do list of things to do... I unfortunately have other things to take care of that are higher up on that list, and when combined with my natural laziness... Yeeaaahhh. Granted, I will eventually get around to looking the story over for errors and the like, so thanks for the reminder. And, incidentally, thanks for faving both stories! Anything stand out in particular between them?

5697062
I can't really say on the second one, yet. It's in my to-read pile. :twilightsheepish:
(This is a remarkably large pile, but it is near the top.)

I do appreciate the fact that the first thing on Octavia's mind was devourment.

5705566 Thanks, I think? Think the inflation scene turned out alright?

5706092
Although I'm no professional when it comes to criticizing the pacing and all that, I think it turned out great!

Pretty good story.
I liked it. 10/10.

5937400 Thanks man! Know it's not perfect by any means, but I'm glad you liked it!

Y'know, I was having a pretty bad day... and then I found this fic, and it gave me a really good laugh and made me feel better! :rainbowlaugh:

It's definitely one of the better fics I've stumbled across! Really nice!

8985372
Considering how old this story is, comments like this are a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one. Glad my writing cheered you up (considering I went for a more comic then out and out fetish tone for this one). Wrote a sequel to this story, too, if you're interested enough to want to check it out.

Login or register to comment