• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 12,458 Views, 213 Comments

Crystal Chris's Heart - Trillionaire Doge



When a Human who had been trapped inside the Crystal Heart is brought out when Sombra is defeated it's up to him to find out why he was brought out and whether or not Sombra was actually defeated

  • ...
88
 213
 12,458

Recovery and Old Memories

Author's Note:

Guess who isn't dead anymore, he has two thumbs and typed this chapter just for you guys.

Seriously though I'm very sorry for disappearing and not keeping any of you guys updated if you didn't see it already I made a short blog post describing what was wrong and basically I just had university and other problems preventing me from having time at my computer to write.

Inexcusable I know but I spent all night writing this chapter and a chapter for two of my other stories, I'm still trying to get back into my groove so I apologize if it isn't up to scratch but please forgive

and without further ado, the long awaited chapter sorry if it's a bit short

“You got some splainin to do.” Clara spoke as she charged into the room, her hooves slammed into the floor with vigour as an anger she hadn’t felt before coursed through her. “How dare you try to kill my son!”

“Chris is harmed?” Cadence asked in shock, dropping the book as she trotted towards Clara. “Take me to him now, I’m not as experienced as Auntie but I’m sure I can help.”

Clara stepped back and in front of Cadence, blocking her path, “There is no way I’m taking you to see my son after what happened.”

“But he could be hurt; I now some healing spells that can help his healing.” Cadence urged her point.

“Celestia’s already tended to his wounds, he doesn’t need you” Cadence cringed a little at this. “Always being so rude to my son, locking him and myself away for no good reason” Clara began to circle the princess. “Then you get your bestest buddy and sister in law Twilight to try and kill him, but when she fails you want to go and finish the job.” Clara stopped in front of Cadence and stared her down “I’m not letting you hurt him anymore.”

“But-“ Cadence was cut off by a loud slap, after recovering she looked at the perpetrator and noticed that Clara had tears streaming down her face. “Clara?”

“Don’t look at me” Clara sobbed as she moved away from the princess, heading back towards the door she had entered through. “I need to go see my son now” Clara spoke before leaving the room and allowing the door to shut behind her.

Cadence was shocked by the sudden outburst and sat down where she had been standing, the book she’d been looking through just before levitated towards her. Glancing at it she realized just how awful she had been to Chris.

Pulling the book close she let out a silent sob “How could I, the Princess of Love be capable of such hatred?” her grip on the book tightened “The boy I’d watched die, the boy I’d spent my childhood with. How could I have treated him so badly, he probably hates me by now.”

“I would not be so sure Cadence” A soft serene voice echoed through the halls as Princess Celestia stepped into the room, with her an upset looking Twilight. “Chris is incapable of hate, he had that feeling locked away just like his memories.”

“Auntie Celestia!” Cadence cried as she leapt towards Princess Celestia and was embraced lovingly. “But why do I feel so bad, especially after what Chrysalis spoke of.”

“The Changelings are a rather strange species, only the Queen is capable of sentient thought and emotion. This means that she is susceptible to new emotions more so than others, much like Chris.” Celestia explained as Cadence began to settle down from her recent attack.

“But why has she changed so much, I remember her being so angry and spiteful.”

"I'd like to think that it's Chris, that boy is so full of emotions and memories of his mother. Their close proximity is affecting Chrysalis on a much grander scale than any of us would've thought.”

“Is that good… or bad?” Twilight asked, stepping out from behind Celestia, a large stick of Celery stuck between her mane.

“Only time will tell at this point, however I can only hope it doesn’t cloud her judgment too much.” Celestia trotted over to the doorway, Cadence and Twilight following close by as she looked out the door and towards the direction of the heart.


Clara had made her way to the heart and lay at the base of the large crystal object, her chest rising and falling gently from all her yelling and running back and forth. Rolling onto her side she ran a hoof down the heart, it felt cold at first but after a short second it became warm and inviting.

“Thanks Chrissy” Clara spoke as she rolled over and sat so she could caress the smooth surface better. “I know that she tried to hurt you don’t worry though because mommy’s here now. No one can hurt you now, I won’t let them.” As if responding to her words there was a small flash from inside the heart as it became a little warmer than it was previously.


“Can you seriously not even go a week without almost dying?” Christopher jeered, he stuck a hand out towards a groggy child who smelt of smoke.

“You try getting electrocuted, then we’ll talk.” Chris responded with a cough, dust flying from his mouth.

Christopher slowly floated above Chris’s singed body and admired the damage, “boy she really did a number on you didn’t she.”

“Us” Chris reminded him.

“Of course. I mean it’s hard to remember we both possess this body when you control it ninety percent of the time” Christopher continued floating in circles around Chris.

“If you want more control just ask, I’d be happy to sit back and watch myself get electrocuted.”

“I think I’ll pass for that, however I’d really like to take control next time we speak to that pink princess with the heart on her butt.”

“You mean Cadence?” Chris tried to stand but found his body wouldn’t follow his orders, even in the heart.

“Don’t try moving, she caused most of our vital organs to fail with that shock and burnt out most of our nervous system.” Christopher warned as he got closer and began to assess the damage closer.

“I swear that mom should’ve never left us with that horrid purple pony.”

“That’s a new word for the vocabulary and quite a hurtful word, I’m sure the shock didn’t damage your brain so where’s that coming from?”

“Was that supposed to be an insult?”

“Nothing of the sort but it looks like school helped you out, after one day already knowing new and advanced words. I’m so proud.”

“I didn’t learn that word at school though”

“Where’d it come from then? Because I haven’t observed it from anypony you’ve spoken to.”

“It just popped into my mind then.”

“Weird” Christopher finished his examination and began to fix parts of Chris’s body, “3 Days.”

“Until what?”

“Until you can leave this sanctum, I’m not playing around she messed us up.”

Chris groaned in exasperation, he couldn’t imagine being stuck inside the crystal for even one day, all the time he’d spent inside it before being released and here he was again; prisoner.


3 Days Later

“as far as I can tell it looks like you’re all ready to go, unless you plan on getting electrocuted a second time we should be fine” Christopher fell away from the anxious child.

“Because it felt so good last time I think I’ll go and get shocked again.” Chris joked, standing up from the spot he’d been confined to for the last 72 hours he stretched his joints out.

“Not on my watch you won’t, I’ll be watching out for you whenever you’re around that pony from now on.” Christopher stood up as well.

“I guess it’s time to go see mom again, I can’t wait” Chris closed his eyes and tried to contain his joy… he failed… miserably.

Christopher stood there while Chris went on and on about how happy he was to see his mother again, Christopher couldn’t return these feelings however. “Listen Chris” Chris stopped and looked up at himself “Be careful around our mother, she doesn’t seem-“ Christopher was unable to finish as he caught a right hook to the jaw.

“Don’t talk like that about mom; I don’t care if you are a part of me.” Chris landed back on the ground and stared up at Christopher, anger filling his eyes.

“Okay I’m sorry but please be careful” Christopher begged but to no avail, Chris had closed his heart and his ears to Christopher and was in the process of leaving the heart. “Oh that impertinent child.”


Outside the heart sat a sleep deprived mare, empty plates and trays lay scattered around her. She had a single hoof resting on the crystal heart caressing its surface gently. “Any day now sweetie” Clara whispered, her head drooping every few moments before snapping back up only to repeat the process.

“Clara you really need to rest, I don’t need to control dreams and sleep to know that you’re pushing your body too much” Celestia trotted up beside Clara and sat down beside her.

“I… n’t leave… he comes… to me” Clara mumbled between her dozing off every few seconds.

“Chris hasn’t come back in three days, he may not come out for another three and I don’t think you can make another three.” Celestia placed a hoof around Clara, “Just come to the palace and sleep, Chris will be happier if he sees his mother cleaned and well rested.”

“What do you know… about being a mother?” Clara woke up slightly at Celestia’s words.

Celestia was taken aback, Clara was of course correct in the fact that she had never been a mother. She’d never had a foal but even so she considered herself a mother figure to all her subjects. “All my subjects are-“

“Don’t give me that subjects are my children crap” Clara stared up at Celestia with dead eyes, a few tears leaked from each one. “You’ve never had a real pony to care for as your own.”

Celestia frowned at what was being said “I’d like to say that you are most likely the same… Chrysalis.”

“Do not EVER call me that name again.” Clara growled while behind her the heart began to glow brighter.

“You claim he is your own, yet you never knew him until just a few weeks ago.” Celestia continued, angry with the accusations that Clara was placing on her.

“Be very careful with what you say about Chris and me.”

“Why should I need to, I’ve known and cared for him much longer than you have.” Celestia finished, standing up she walked to the front of the Crystal Heart; it’s light near blinding at this point.

“Did you raise him? Did you take him in after you found him abandoned by his real parents?” Clara accused in anger.

“Did you?” Celestia calmly quipped and before Clara could respond Chris came flying out of the heart and straight towards Celestia. He smiled happily and latched onto the Sun Princess.

“Celery!” He happily called, he grabbed onto her neck and found her and him had begun falling towards the ground; the force from flying out of the heart was too much for the Alicorn princess.

“Too big, Chris… let go” Celestia tried to called out before she fell backwards with the Chris and rolled onto the ground with him

“Sorry” He mumbled through Celestia’s fur before wriggling out from underneath and going back in for a hug. “I missed you.”

“We missed you too” Celestia spoke softly, pointing Chris in the direction of his mother, his arms quickly left the Sun Princess and instead wrapped around his mother.

“Mom!” He buried his face into her mane happily, Clara however stood there frozen at Celestia’s earlier words.

“Did I really find him?” She asked herself in suspicion of her own memories as sleep began to take her.

“Mom?” Chris asked again, poking her gently. Clara didn’t respond and instead slumped to the ground, her eyes closed and breathing slowing.

“Goodnight” she mumbled just before she fully lost consciousness.

“Well it looks like she tired herself out waiting for you.” Celestia giggled as her horn lit up and she floated Clara gently into the air and began walking. “Come on Chris, she waited for you to wake so how about you and I wait for her to wake?”

“Sure thing Celery” Chris smiled as he followed Celestia towards the Castle.

“Why must you tease me about my name?” Celestia asked with a hidden smile, she had to admit it was amazing to have Chris back; his positive outlook always brightened her days.

“Because it’s fun” Chris poked Celestia to emphasize what he was saying.

“I’ll have to devise a crude nickname for yourself then” Celestia lightly kicked Chris.

“I dare you to try” Chris nudged Celestia, causing her to stumble a few steps before recovering and continuing onwards; her elegant walk continuing unimpeded.

“What about Crispy?” Celestia voiced with a hidden smile.

“Why would you choose such a strange name?” Chris asked with a twitch in his brow. ”It’s obvious isn’t it Chris?” Christopher echoed through his head.

“Because when Twilight’s experiment went haywire it turned you from Chris to Crispy” Celestia smiled proudly, practically beaming at her nickname.

“That is literally the worst nickname I’ve ever heard.” Chris flatly answered back, his walking stuttered for a moment before he began to speak again. “I just want to let you know Princess, Chris is pretty disappointed with you for that.” The now Christopher groaned while walking past the Princess and up the stairs to the castle. “As a result he’s pushed me into control.”

“Oh come on now Crispy” Celestia saddled up to Chris and bumped him with a bright smile.

“Let us just get this imitation to her room.” Christopher replied before starting up the steps, leaving Celestia behind him with an open mouth.

“H-How do you know?” Celestia asked, quickly trailing up behind Chris.

“I’ve always known, Chris doesn’t know right now and as long as I see fit he won’t know.”

“But why would you want to ruin Chris’s happiness?” Celestia continued her questioning.

“He’s pretty old,” Christopher stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at Celestia “The time for being a child has long since passed.”

“Why do you say that?” Celestia asked as they continued their walk, Christopher leading the way.

“Dave or rather Sombra is making his first move.” Christopher motioned for Celestia to take the lead again “I don’t know where the room is.”

“Hang on Christopher” Celestia interrupted, “What’s going on with Sombra?”

As Celestia took the lead Christopher followed and began to explain. “I felt something poking around our mind before I was put in control, I’m unable to go back inside to stop it now but I’m sure it’s Sombra.”

“Why can’t you go back inside?” Celestia asked as Chris faltered for a moment, his face scrunched up in pain. Celestia picked him up as well and took them both the rest of the way to Clara’s room before setting Christopher down where he sat on the floor stiff as a board.

“Chris is writhing in pain right now.” Christopher stated before continuing with, “This Sombra is messing both of us up.” As he finished his sentence as to emphasize his point he began to bleed from his nose, It hurts, make it stop Chris cried from inside Christopher

“Why’s that?” Celestia asked, finished tucking Clara into the bed and turning to find Christopher on the floor, bleeding from his mouth and nose. “Christopher! You’re bleeding.”

“Yeah, Sombra is dispelling a lot of the memory blockers and Chris is fighting desperately to stop him. It’s a small scale war inside right now.” Christopher looked towards the bed, “The time to grow up came a lot sooner than I thought it would. Sombra is not one to take a break it seems.”

“Does that mean he’ll find out about his mother?” Celestia asked with worry.

“I don’t think Sombra would do that just yet, he wants to rule the empire, not destroy it.” Christopher spoke before going rigid. “No, don’t show him that.”

“Show him what?” Celestia asked, shaking Christopher vigorously.

“His death” Christopher spoke before falling to the floor.

Comments ( 16 )

Just refreshed and found this nice surprise waiting. :pinkiesmile:

6805679 I've actually been spying on you and writing down what happens in your life then converting it to the happy world of MLP

Oops... totally thought I was on your userpage lol. Ignore this comment.

Chris' brain is going to blow up. :o

*insert explosion noise here*

Sorry,

*Crispy

6806081 Thanks bae what would i do without you.

Chris is incapable of hate, he had that feeling locked away just like his memories.

I am 90% certain that that is a bad thing. My near-inability to feel hate and anger among other emotions has certainly messed up my childhood. Besides, hate is only possible with anger and though I am forgetful and tired right now, I think he has shown the ability to feel anger already.

Irritation > Annoyance > Frustration > Dislike > Hatred > Loathing > Anger
(Using >, to mean 'You can't feel without'. Mix and match the order as you like)

Negative emotions are as important as positive ones. I believe that a Disney movie (Was it Disney?) pointed this out, though with sadness as the focus instead.

It's a pretty good story so far. :twilightsmile:

Not to sure about the 'splaining' thing you have Chrysalis do, since that's more like a sudden accent for just one word.

However, there is one glaring issue, that has been brought up at least once in the comments. An issue that made me want to hit my desk with my head each time I saw it in the chapters.

It is Ponyville, all one word, not Pony Ville.

His death
Are you taking about sombar or Chris
:rainbowderp::derpyderp2:

Welcome back you!
And back with a bang I see - recovery to visions of doom. Fun times ahead I see.
Anyway, this just nicely shows that keeping things secret is never really a good thing, because the longer it lasts, the more it hurts when the bubble pops.

GOOGLE THE DEFINITION OF SENTIENCE AND SAPIENCE, PLEASE.

when will the next chapter be out?

Is this dead?

I can't wait for the next chapter. Like really, can I have it now. Like right now ? :pinkiecrazy:

a boy shrouded in a dark forgotten past

Oh, man. I don't need to read any of this to know that it's going to be a shitshow. I've read all sorts of parodies and impossibly horrible stories that include lines just like this one.

I wish there was more chapters

Login or register to comment