• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 12,485 Views, 213 Comments

Crystal Chris's Heart - Trillionaire Doge



When a Human who had been trapped inside the Crystal Heart is brought out when Sombra is defeated it's up to him to find out why he was brought out and whether or not Sombra was actually defeated

  • ...
87
 213
 12,485

A New Mother and Explanations

Crystal Chris's Heart

Edited/Proofread by JYNRB

“So, could you tell us how you found yourself trapped inside my dungeon?” Cadence spoke while regarding the human man-child that was now running around the halls, pointing at everything he could see and trying to replicate it with his magic; to show to his mother.

“Well, I guess it could be simply explained over a cup of tea.” Chrysalis, or rather Clara, spoke from the opposite side of a table that everypony had gathered around. As if on cue, butlers appeared from a hallway, each carrying a cup and teapot. Once the tea had been poured and the guards retreated back to their stations all the ponies stared intently at Clara, each eagerly awaiting the story of how she came to find Chris.

“Well, I guess I should start from the very beginning.” Clara gave a soft laugh while drinking from her cup.


“After that wedding and I was sent blasting off again, I ended up passing out in mid-air.” Clara stared at Cadence with pure hatred, the memory of being defeated still stinging her inside.

“Waking up, I found myself to be inside a city made of complete crystal. Even the ponies were crystal. So I thought to myself that this was a sign, I’d been sent here to restart my colony of Changelings and raise the army I would need to come back to Equestria to take over again.”

After receiving a few glares, Clara continued. “So I went around the place in search of the leader but found it did not have a single ruler for nearly a full millennia. So I thought I’d take over, only to find that I was unable to draw love out of the crystal ponies, and they found out what I was trying to do and threw me into the dungeons to be forgotten by time. A little like my son over there.”

“I’d be careful who you call your son.” Celestia chimed in, barely giving Clara a glance while watching Chris play around in the halls, having the strongest sense of nostalgia she felt in a long time. It felt just like before Sombra had risen and turned evil, the time when Chris had been playing around with Luna; when they were both fillies and colts.

“Celestia?” Cadence asked with a huff. “Did you hear what we just said?”

“Sorry Cadence, but you’ll have to repeat it.”

“Where will Chrysalis and that human go to stay?” Cadence leant in close, “His home has more than likely been occupied for at least a generation.”

Leaning back away from Cadence, she began to ponder the choice she could make. “They could always move to Canterlot and live in the castle?”

Clara’s eyes flashed with eagerness at the mention of Canterlot and how she could end up staying there. “That is so benevolent of you, princess!"

“Then I guess it’s decided then." Celestia spoke with a grin, clapping her hooves together to show she wasn’t taking any complaints that related to her old friend and enemy.

Clara looked behind herself to find Chris balancing on a chair, a staff balanced on his forehead. “Hey mom, look at what I can do!” he cheered.

Clara let a smile flash across her face, then the smile faded and was replaced by something she’d never felt before. ‘Worry’. “Chris, get down from there this instant, it’s dangerous!" Her own tone surprising her and many of the ponies in the room.

“Sorry, mom." Chris spoke with a solemn expression before leaping off the chair as gracefully as a fish out of water, landing on the ground in a roll.

“It’s okay darling, just come over here for a second." Clara spoke before shaking her head in disbelief and looking over at the two princesses trying to find an explanation from them.

“Welcome to motherhood!" Celestia laughed as Chris sided up beside his false mother.

“What is it, mom?”

Clara turned to her son and placed her hooves on his shoulders, staring at him intently. “Chris, what do you say to us two going and living with Princess Celestia for a while?”

Chris’s face lit up with excitement. “Really?” He looked between his mother and Celestia, trying to confirm what his mother had told him.

“Well, the house is under renovation so we can’t exactly stay there.”

“Does that mean I can go see Lunie again?” Chris spoke a name that none of the ponies around the table were familiar with; all except Celestia who chuckled softly while nodding.

“When we go there I’m sure you can probably sleep in... Lunie’s room?” Clara spoke, questioning herself for using the absurd name that nopony other than Celestia seemed to get.

“How long would we stay for?" Was the next question the eight year old inside the man’s body asked, his eyes gleaming with excitement and his face sporting a wide grin.

Clara looked from her son to Celestia, receiving only a motion of the hoof as a reply. “We’d be staying there indefinitely, or at least until our house is finished.”

“Two questions, mom. First one, what does indefinitely mean? Second, how long does indefinitely mean?”

Celestia was the next to speak. "It means you would be staying with Lunie, myself and your mother for a long, long time.”

All the ponies awaited Chris to burst right then and there with excitement; instead he took on a sad expression. “But I can’t stay there for THAT long.”

“Why not, darling?” Clara spoke, feeling her hopes had been dashed; her one chance to get back at Celestia gone.

“Because I’m supposed to be here when Da-Sombra returns!” Chris tripped over his words and then started to scratch his head wondering what he almost said instead of Sombra.

“But he’s already been vanquished." Cadence interrupted, wanting the human to just be gone as her past experience with a human hadn’t ended well. She still had a few nightmares about just how ghastly humans were.

“Yes Sweetie, Spike and Cadence returned the heart to its rightful place and banished Sombra.” Clara interrupted Cadence’s brooding.

“But he isn’t gone, not until I do…” Chris began to scratch his head. “I do…. What is it I have to do….” Chris began to violently scratch his head in annoyance of his shrouded past.

“Well then." Clara glanced back at Celestia who nodded slowly, seeming to know what Clara was planning. “Why don’t we go and stay for a week, then we’ll come back and check to see if the house is done?"

“Until I…” Chris was too absorbed in his own thoughts to be reached by his mother’s voice.

“I think that’s a brilliant idea, I’m sure I still have some of Chris’s old clothes” Celestia began to laugh, “Although I doubt they’d still fit him.”

“But Celestia, what about Chrysalis?” Twilight finally spoke, her eyes never having faltered from Clara the entire time.

“I’m sure we can handle her at this point in time. Plus, Chris is always there to help, just in case."

“Plus, do you really think I could take over Canterlot with just myself?” Clara smiled as Chris lay his head on her shoulder, apparently tired from all the thinking he’d been doing and how hard he’d tried to remember his past.

“Mom, I’m tired!” Chris complained as a yawn escaped his mouth, clearly showing his canines and frightening Cadence slightly.

“Just get him out of here, right now!”

Clara tapped her son on the nose with a smile, “Come on darling, let’s go and stay with the Princesses for a while.”

Chris let another yawn out and started to whine. “But mom, I’m tired, my feet hurt, I don’t want to move, I’m tired!"

“You can sleep on the train, I would guess.” Twilight spoke while trotting up to Chris. Leaning in she began to examine the human’s face.

“I’m afraid we won’t be taking a train.” Celestia chimed in, moving between Twilight and Chris. “You can examine him at a later date, but as for transportation I’m willing to just teleport us back.”

“You can take this many people at once?” Rarity asked with a curious tone.

“I could hardly be Co-Ruler if I couldn’t perform such a simple task,” Chris raised his hands in a cheering motion, his eyes beginning to shut as he drifted off to sleep. “I’ll see you another time, Cadence.” Celestia gave a warm smile to her niece as everypony else said goodbye to the princess and wished her luck.

“Bye Chris, I hope we can meet another time!” Twilight spoke just as Celestia and her two hitchhikers disappeared.


Once the three had completely vanished, Cadence stomped over towards Twilight. “How can you be so calm around a beast like him?!” Cadence began to rage.

“What do you mean, Cadence?” Twilight backed away, her ears folding down.

“You do remember my history with humans, I told you one time when I foalsat you!"

“Oh yeah..."

“You remember one of them attacked me at a very young age, out of the blue it just attacked me.”

“Yes, I remember."

“Do you?... Then why would you treat him like one of us?!"

“Because it’s horrible to treat someone badly because of something they didn’t do, we don’t know if he is bad.” Finishing her sentence Twilight was backed up by her friends, each one taking a stance on the side of her.

“Aghhhh! Fine!" Cadence growled before stomping off in anger. Why couldn’t they see how bad humans were and how that human would do something horrible in the future?

“What’s her problem, Twi?” Rainbow interjected, only causing Cadence to stomp off faster.

“She's had a horrible past with a group of humans, when she was younger… She was attacked by a group of them.”

“Oh dear, how long ago was that?” Fluttershy spoke up.

“Just before they were wiped out by Changelings, right before Sombra tried to take over the crystal empire.”


Appearing in the throne room with a simple flash followed by complete silence, the two ponies and human appeared.

“I will take you to your room." Celestia commanded instead of offered. Although she held a soft spot for Chris, she was still wary of his so called mother.

“Yes, that would be certainly appreciated.” Clara responded while shifting a tad so that Chris wouldn’t fall off. He had fallen asleep and was cuddled into Clara’s mane. “He truly is a brilliant human.” Clara found herself saying.

“He really is an odd one; I’ll chalk it up to his heart.” They began to walk down a hallway, passing by some curious guards who shot sideways glances but didn’t actually do or say anything.

“Why does he have a crystal heart?” Clara spoke quietly, for fear of waking her son and for fear of him responding to her negatively for asking.

Celestia took on a sad expression. “That is one thing he has never shared with me, although he had made it obvious he was aware of how he came to possess the crystal organ.”

“I doubt we could get it from him, what with his amnesia and everything.”

“Well, I wouldn’t pester him about it anyway; it was kind of a sensitive topic back when his human family abandoned him.”

“Come to think of it, do you know why they did that?” Clara posed the question as they came to a door.

“...I do.” was Celestia’s only response.

“Care to tell his mother, who has a rather bad case of amnesia as well?"

“I’d rather not say it in the open, or when he’s around. I do hope you wouldn’t go so far as to ask him, it would drive him insane.”

“Oh… Okay then.” Clara turned towards the now open door. Peeking inside, she recognized it as the room where she had done her little music piece back during the wedding. It looked almost exactly the same, although there were now two beds instead of one and they were already tailored towards each of them. Chris’s bed had a blue set of covers and the bedhead was decorated with drawing of weapons and carriages, whereas Clara’s was a more adulterated one with a simple headboard and plain white covers.

“Wow, this is… pretty nice!” Clara spoke, her form flickering from Clara back to Chrysalis as she stepped inside, her magic failing to cover her appearance inside the room. “What the…”

“Oh yeah, sorry, I’ve started to buckle down security since that wedding fiasco, so now whenever you enter a bedroom or somewhere private it would eliminate all magic placed upon yourself."

“On edge, are we?”

“Considering the queen of the changelings is staying in my castle with a man-child who could potentially destroy all of Canterlot? Yes, I’m on edge.”

“I see. Well then, you are right to be on edge.” Chrysalis smiled while beginning to close the large doors. “I guess Chris and I will see you tomorrow.”

Celestia stuck her hoof in front of the door before it could close, “Do not do anything, and I mean anything, to hurt or scar him.” She removed her hoof and allowed the door to shut.

“What a nosey princess.” Chrysalis hissed while lifting Chris from her back and setting him down on his bed, not bothering to tuck him in as she collapsed onto her bed and squirmed under the covers. Closing her eyes, she relaxed for the first time in six months, no more dripping of water or the coolness of the floor; just pure bliss.

That was until she heard movement in the bed adjacent to her own, accompanied by some shuffling before there was a tug at the covers. “Mom, can I sleep with you tonight?” Chris asked in a sleepy voice.

“Why would you want to sleep with me? You’re old enough to sleep in your own bed, aren’t you?” Chrysalis responded, not bothering to change back to his mother; luckily he was too tired to notice.

“I’ve slept by myself for the last…” He tried to search for the words. “Last more than a hundred years.”

Chrysalis let out a long groan before allowing her form to flicker back to Clara and move over in the bed, allowing Chris access to the bed. “Come on then.”

“Thanks… Mom…” Chris sleepily replied before climbing into the bed and lying next to his mother, although he quickly moved so he was close and hugging his mother. “Mom…”

“Yes, Chris.” Clara replied with a less than motherly tone.

“I missed you.”

Clara felt a pang of guilt hit her for acting so coldly to him a few seconds ago. He truly WAS just a kid inside a full grown body, and although Chrysalis wasn’t his real mother she felt the bond that he obviously had between his mother and himself.

“I missed you too." Clara replied while turning around so that Chris could hug her better, also allowing Clara to watch her new son sleep, his chest glowing a soft violet in the darkness.

Author's Note:

So that was the next chapter. I'm going to try and keep consistancy the same a lot more than before, the main reason for it being inconsistent is probably because I never wrote a full chapter in one sitting nor did I reread when I sat back down, this probably affected the pacing a lot as well. So now I hope this chapter is a bit better in pacing and consistency

I'd also Like to give a shoutout to my Proofreader/Editor JYNRB who is always there to have a good chat with and help me with grammar. Hope he fixed it up to avoid the horrible grammar I put in so much.

Enjoy :)