• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 1,607 Views, 32 Comments

The Interrogation: Spared Change - Post Script



Through the intervention of Princess Celestia, the thieves of Canterlot are slowly dwindling in numbers. One young stallion, however, has no intention of going down without a fight, and goes to confront the problem at it's source.

  • ...
14
 32
 1,607

Epilogue

Fleetfoot wandered through the alleyways, looking nervously over his shoulder for the slightest glimpse of guards. Sunny bumped into him, all of a sudden, smiling vacantly.

“Oh, hello Fleetfoot. Have you met the Princess yet? You really should, she is quite wonderful.” he said in a hollow, serene voice.

“She got you, didn’t she? Poor fool, I told you she would.”

"She taught me so much," Sunny said with a vacant, hypnotized look on his face. "She could make your life so much better."

“I like my life very much, thank you. Now leave me alone, I want nothing from a hollow little gelding like you.” Sunny’s expression changed in an instant. His grin became wicked.

“Oh really? Not even... this?” he said, showing Fleetfoot the wallet he had just stolen from him.

“Wait, you actually managed to… does this mean you’re still one of us?”

“Well, yes and no. In my heart I’ll always be one of you guys, but I’m afraid this wallet will be the last thing I’ll ever steal. I’m done with the crime game, and besides… there’s someone I have a lot to make up to. Goodbye Fleetfoot, and don’t be afraid. She can’t change you any more than you allow her to,” he said, walking away.

***

“Moonshine, sir! I’ve done another sweep of the building, and there’s no sign of any intruders!”

“For the last time, kid, I know! You can relax a little, it’s just another slow night. Why in Celestia’s name did they pair me up with a newbie… and an ex-thief at that!” Moonshine sighed.

Outside, the rain was dense, and the wind howled. Moonshine shivered.

“Nights like this make me feel like it’s the end of the world. Wish I was at home with my kid right now…how about you, Sunny?”

“Oh, I’m not too worried. After all, it can’t rain all the time.” Sunny said, smiling.

Comments ( 9 )

Just reading through this - is Sunny's last name Smiles or Skies? Might want to check that it's used consistently...

4510417 Thanks, I hadn't noticed that! :twilightblush:

I both like and dislike this ending. It's not bad per se but I'd also like to see one where one of them confronts themselves but continues being a thief.

4521251 Agreeing with you. Was expecting him to stay a thief but the part with him working with Moonshine was ok.
Have mixed feelings whether or not i should like:trixieshiftleft: or dislike :trixieshiftright:

4535854 I wanted to leave that much ambiguous, at least originally. I think I kinda threw that ambiguity out the window later on in the story, though...:twilightblush:

Ah! I finally found this!

I was going through my Google Docs emails to see if I'd missed any stories to shelf under "stuff I helped on", and I noticed I never even saw this on fimfic after I'd finished editing it. And to make it worse, you seemed to have changed your username since then :rainbowhuh:

Ah well. All good now :yay:

PS: I really like this story :raritywink:

Aw, this was actually pretty cute :twilightsmile: nice work

Lol this is the last thing I still :facehoof:

7337292 I don't know how I missed this comment, but just in case you ever read it I'd like you to think on this;
He became a thief to escape his sadness, and by the end of his story he made a choice to quit. There was nothing 'mindless' about it. If your idea of mindless conformity is simply to choose to obey the law then, well... *shrugs*

Login or register to comment