• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 3,917 Views, 197 Comments

Summertime Romance - Nightlock106



Vinyl and Octavia meet at summer camp. They can't stand each other at first, but as time passes on, they soon realize that there is more to summer than having fun on the beach.

  • ...
32
 197
 3,917

Broken Memories

"It all started ten years ago," I took a deep breath and looked away from Tavi. "I was eight years old. My mother was constantly drunk, high on pills and cocaine, and almost always pissed off about the smallest thing. I would always try to avoid her as best I could when she was like that. If I didn't, it usually meant getting hit over the head with a rolling pin, or whatever mom could get her hands on, until my head was lacerated. And even then, she wouldn't stop beating me. She would set my hands on the table and hit them until she heard the bones snap." I looked back at Tavi who was staring at me in horror, "I will go on ahead and tell you that this isn't my real hair either." I reached around to the back of my head and lifted the wig off, revealing the horrors that lie underneath. My skull was covered in scars, bumps, bruises, and burn marks.

Tavi reeled back in shock, "I-I...don't even know what to say."

I put my wig back on and forced a half ass smile, "Not a lot of people do when they see it for the first time."

"Where did all the burn marks come from?"

"My mother would put her cigarettes out on my head and it would sometimes catch my hair on fire. I was lucky I didn't burn as badly as I should have from it. But any way, after she broke my hands, she would drag me into her room and tie me to her bed. I couldn't even do anything to stop her because of the pain. I can still remember her sadistic smile as she cut my clothes off. She would always call me 'Mommy's little slut'. And this is where I usually end the story at, but since we have all this time on our hands, I'll tell you. But I do warn you that it's not a pretty picture once I paint it."

"I think I can handle it."

"Okay..." I took another deep breath, "Once she had my clothes completely cut off, she would open her drawer that had all kinds of sex toys in it. She would ask me, 'Do you want to play a game?' I tried to fight against it, but I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping her. She would take out a few of her toys and force herself onto me. She would proceed to rape me, sadistically laughing and strangling me until I either passed out from the pain of being raped or the lack of oxygen. When I woke up what I believed was hours after she finished raping me, I'd be sitting in the shower with ice cold water beating down on me. Mom would be sitting on the toilet next to the shower. 'You've got to stop passing out on me' she'd say and then she would get up and leave the bathroom, leaving me to drown in my pain and suffering. This went on for about three years, and I even tried to kill myself I don't know how many times. It was all that fucking bitches fault!" I punched the pillow on the bed and buried my face in my hands, crying loudly.

Tavi moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. She gave me a small kiss on my head to try to comfort me even more. I pushed her off and moved away from her, "I-I'm sorry."

"It's not you, it's just...you doing that makes me think of mom doing the same thing after her rage was over with."

"So...you're still spilling that same old shit to everyone. What a little cunt you grew up to be," said a calm voice in the cell in front of us.

I got up form the bed and limped over to the cell door. I looked into the other cell and there she was, the bitch who caused me so much hell.

"What's wrong, Vinyl. No 'I love you' or 'I'm sorry I lied to send you to jail'?" she turned her head and grinned at me with the same sadistic grin she gave me all those years ago. "It's great to see my baby girl after all these years. I'm still mad that you lied to everyone just to put in this awful place."

"You fucking deserve to be here after what you did to me! If I wasn't locked in here right now I'd be wringing your goddamn neck!"

"Now is that anyway to speak to the woman who gave you everything that you ever wanted growing up?"

"Please, all you ever did was treat me like shit! You never gave a damn about me!"

Tavi hopped up from the bed and tried to pull me away from the door, but I pushed her off of me again.

"Is that you're girl friend? She's really cute."

"Fuck you!" Tavi shouted.

"Feisty. I can see why you love her. By the look on your face I'm guessing you haven't even told her."

My rage began to burst out of me even more than it ever had, "I outta rip your fucking throat out and make you shit my fist."

Before I could do anything more, a security guard walked up and unlocked our cell, "You're free to go. Nurse Redheart explained everything after the building went into lock-down. We do apologize for bringing you in like that. We had a couple of inmates who look like both of you who escaped a few months ago and have been on the run since. We thought that you were them when we saw you and well...you know the rest."

Tavi and I walked out of our cell. I looked at my mom with a look that brought the phrase "If looks could kill" into play.

"Follow me and we will get in contact with your parents and let them know where you are."

We followed closely behind in silence, only interrupted by the guard occasionally telling an inmate to quiet down. He lead us to the main office of the cell block and sat us down. On the table was a small bag that had our stiff in it. He sat down in front of us and looked at us, "Again, I am terribly sorry that we brought you in without question. Now, just give me the number and I'll call your folks so that they can come and get you."

Tavi took her phone out of the bag and went through her contacts, "I'm glad you're going to making the call, my battery is almost dead. Let's see...the number is 555-0797."

The guard dialed the number and handed Tavi the phone, "Hello mom? It's Octavia. I'm calling you from the Crystal County Detention Center. Long story, but anyway, do you think that you could come here and pick up me and Vinyl? Uh-huh...Alright...No problem I'll ask them...Love you too mom, bye." She hung up the phone and looked at the guard, "Do you think you could give us a ride back to Camp Crystal Lake? My mom is a little busy taking care of my dad's wasp stings at the moment."

"No problem, it's the least I could do for what happened," he reached into the desk drawer and pulled out a set of keys. "Ready?"

We both nodded and followed him out to the parking lot and got into his squad car. It was a little too crammed in the back seat for me, but at least I don't have to limp all the way back to camp. I looked over at Tavi and she looked over at me. I felt a deep blush come across my face and I quickly looked away, making Tavi giggle. Maybe mom was right, maybe I am starting to take a liking to Tavi.

About ten minutes passed and we were back at Camp Crystal Lake. We thanked the guard for the ride back and he rolled off. Tavi put my arm over his shoulder and helped me to our cabin. I couldn't help but feel like we maybe she and I might soon become more than friends.

I looked at her and smiled, "Thanks for being a good friend Tavi, I don't know what I'd do without you."

She giggled, "You say that like I wouldn't help you to begin with."

I giggled back, "Either way, I'm still glad to know I have someone here I can rely on when I need that help."

"I'm always here to help you. I would never leave you hanging, not when you clearly have a crush on me."

I blushed even deeper than when we were in the car, "I...I do not."

"Then why's your face red?"

That made me blush impossibly deep, "It is not."

"Keep telling yourself that," she giggled again. "Vinyl, look, if you do have a crush on me, you don't have to hide it from me."

There wasn't really anything I could say to hide it at this point. She was right, I did love her, and I know she know that I do. So there was nothing that I could say to delay the inevitable, "Alright Tavi, you got me. I do have a crush on you. I've had it since the first night we met. You're the kind of girl that anyone would want to have. Smart, beautiful, talented, and extremely caring. Anyone would be lucky to have you."

Now she was the one blushing, "N-No one's ever said that about me before. A lot of people just think that I'm the kind of girl that people would just settle for once they had no other options."

"Well those people didn't know a good thing when saw it."

We make it to our cabin and Tavi helped me over to the bed. Now was the best time for me to make a move. I wrapped my arms around Tavi's shoulders and pulled her close to me, pressing our lips together. Tavi didn't fight it, she put her arms around me and we laid back on my bed.

I broke the kiss and looked into her eyes, "I'm glad I met you."

She smiled and put her head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through her hair a couple of times and kissed her on the head. I let out a long yawn and Tavi looked at me, "You tired?"

"A little, I'm ready to take a nap for a little bit."

She kissed my cheek and cuddled closer to me. She put her head in between my chin and my shoulder and closed her eyes. I giggled lightly and closed my eyes as well, and we let sleep takes us into it's comforting hold.