• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 6,509 Views, 186 Comments

Kamen Rider/MLP: Battle For Equestria - KnightBrony



The Neo-Heisei Riders are summoned to Equestria to stop Chrysalis and Foundation X from destroying Equestria. Will they succeed? Only one way to find out.

  • ...
7
 186
 6,509

Chapter 8: The Sting of Defeat

Chapter 8

The Sting of Defeat

Previously on Battle for Equestria:

“Perhaps it would be better to show you first hand,” Retsu said as he snapped his fingers. The Kaijin generals suddenly stood straight up and formed a straight line.

“Kaijin, show them the true power of Foundation X,” Retsu said.

“Yes Master,” they all said. Suddenly, all of them began to glow as they shed their Kaijin forms to reveal their true appearances. When they did, everyone stood their shocked.

“It can't be,” Celestia said.

“Those vile monsters,” Luna said.

“No, this can't be possible,” Spike said, shaking his head.

“Damn you Chrysalis,” Shining Armor.

Twilight looked at the true appearance of the Kaijin, falling to the ground, unable to believe her eyes.

“No,” she said weakly, a single tear trailing her face.

She looked to see that the General Kaijin were none other than..........

And now, the thrilling conclusion.

She looked to see that the General Kaijin were none other than -

Her friends.

Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy stood in the line, except they looked very different.

Pinkie Pie's mane held none of its usual poof, now hanging down straight from her head. Her usual smile now held a manic, almost sadistic gleam to it. Her eyes had also changed from their normal blue to black with gold irises. Her Cutie Mark had changed to that of the Gemini constellation.

Applejack's eyes were now a frightening shade of red and her stetson was nowhere to be seen. However, the most horrific part was now her right front hoof was replaced with a green clawed hand, vines spreading from it and up to her face. Her Cutie Mark had also changed, her's looking like a strange fruit wrapped in vines.

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy looked largely the same except their eyes had changed to black and gold and their Cutie Marks too had been altered. Their marks had changed to that of an ouroboros around a purple magic circle, a stylized N shape, and a group of three blue coins respectively. Rainbow Dash also had a black mark on her neck that looked to be some kind of connector port.

Twilight and the others looked in horror at what had been done to the former Elements. Spike was so overcome that he threw up. Chrysalis smiled sadistically as she began to walk by the corrupted Elements.

“Chrysalis! What have you done to the Elements!?” Celestia said in fury.

“Aren't they simply lovely? Retsu and the rest of Foundation X did a fantastic job with the enhancements,” Chrysalis said as she rubbed a hoof along Fluttershy's face.

“Don't sell yourself short Chrysalis. Your knowledge of mind control made the process so much easier. Although we must take some of the credit for infusing them with the abilities of old Kaijin we had on record ” Retsu said as he joined Chrysalis.

“You're a monster!!” Spike yelled in a pained voice.

“I think your former Element bearers are the monsters now,” Chrysalis said.

Before anyone could do or say anything, Twilight got to her hooves and began to weakly walk forward.

“Girls, is that really you?” Twilight said as she shuffled forward.

“Twilight stop!” Celestia said as she watched her student.

“I'm so glad you're all alive. Now we can go back to Ponyville and prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration like we were supposed to,” she continued to say as she finally got to her friends.

“Twily, come back now!” Shining Armor yelled at his sister.

Twilight began shaking her friends one by one.

“Come on girls, stop messing around. Why won't any of you say anything!?” Twilight said, her voice now frantic and tears streaming down her face. Twilight was then grabbed in a magic grip by Chrysalis and brought face to face with the Changeling Queen.

“It's too late Twilight Sparkle, your friends are under my control now. We wiped their memories during the enhancements. As far as they are concerned, you are a stranger,” Chrysalis said as she threw Twilight back, Twilight landing with a thud at the Riders' feet.

“Twilight!” Everyone yelled as they rushed to the now hysteric princess. Celestia picked up her former student, tears forming as she looked at Twilight and received a blank stare.

“No, no, it can't be. My friends can't have forgotten me, they can't have forgotten me,” Twilight babbled as she continued to cry. Celestia too began to cry as she cradled her former student in her hooves.

Chrysalis laughed as she looked upon the now broken Twilight.

“Oh how the mighty have fallen Princess. How does it feel to have those close to you stripped of all that they are and forgetting you!?” Chrysalis said.

“CHRYSALIS!!!!!!!!” Shining Armor yelled as he got to his hooves and stared at the Changeling Queen.

“Ah, Shining Armor, I almost forgot you were here. Do you have something you want to say?” Chrysalis said in a mocking tone. Shining Armor removed his helmet, revealing dangerous looking eyes.

“As a matter of fact I do,” he said as he began to remove pieces of his armor.

“For too long I've been sidelined as those I love are put in danger. Against you, against Sombra, even now against the Kaijin the Riders have been the ones protecting everypony,” Shining Armor said as he got to the last piece of his armor.

“Captain Armor what are you doing?” Celestia asked, concern strong in her voice. Shining Armor ignored her.

“But that ends today. You've hurt my family for the last time you damn cockroach! I'm finally gonna squash you. This isn't about protecting Equestria anymore, this is just good old fashioned revenge,” Shining Armor said as he removed the final grieve on his right foreleg, revealing a bright red, wing-like mark on his pelt. Celestia and Luna looked alarmed when they saw the mark.

“Sister, that mark!” Luna yelled.

“Shining Armor stand down this instant!” Celestia said as got to her hooves, giving Twilight to Spike.

“No my Princess! I'm ending this. Right here, right now!” Shining Armor said as he raised his right hoof into the sky, his horn and foreleg glowing in a golden aura as he began reciting the spell.

Gather! O river of light that's guided by the Fairies!

Shining Armor brought his hoof down and pointed it at Chrysalis. The area around him was now enveloped in a heavenly golden tower of light.

Shine! In order to perish the fangs of evil!

The tower of light shone into the sky as Shining Armor recited the final line of the spell.

Fairy Glitter!

The golden light formed into a halo and fell around Chrysalis. Everyone shielded their eyes as the halo wrapped around Chrysalis. The ground began to break around her as she visibly began to struggle against the magic.

However, just before it looked like Chrysalis would be defeated, the halo broke.

Everyone watched as the golden light dissipated, revealing an almost unharmed Chrysalis.

Shining Armor stood there, a defeated expression on his face as his back legs buckled and he fell on his backside. Chrysalis saw this and smiled at the dejected Captain.

“What's the matter Shining Armor, shocked your little magic trick didn't work?' Chrysalis said.

Shining Armor merely sat there, unable to think of anything to say.

“A valiant effort though. A spell of that caliber would have surely destroyed the old me. But I've grown even more powerful in my absence Captain,” Chrysalis said as she began to glow a sickly green color. Soon she was enveloped in a black and green aura as her form began to change. When the aura dissipated, Chrysalis looked very different.

Her insectoid wings had grown larger and she had sprouted another pair. She had now become bipedal and had a much more armored appearance, with green and black armor now covering the majority of her body, a holed skirt trailing from her back. Her horn had extended in length and looked even more jagged than before. She now held a staff in her new hands.

Celestia, Luna, Spike, Shining Armor, and the Riders looked at Chrysalis with mixed looks of shock and fear.

She looks like a Kaijin,” W said in Shotaro's voice.

“For once we agree Rider,” Retsu said as he stepped forward.

“Did you all seriously think I wouldn't enhance myself with the power these Kaijin possess? If so, you're even more foolish than I thought,” Chrysalis said. As if to demonstrate her point she fired a blast from her staff at Shining Armor, hitting him in the same spot where the spell mark used to be.

Shining Armor screamed as his foreleg went limp, now bleeding and smoking. Celestia quickly grabbed Shining Armor in her magic and pulled him next to Twilight.

“You have lost Princess. It doesn't matter if your Riders defeat a thousand Kaijin, you can't stand against us,” Retsu said.

Celestia ground her teeth at the human as she began weighing her options.

Suddenly, Retsu clapped his hands together.

“Chrysalis, I just had the most wonderful idea,” Retsu said. Chrysalis turned to her human accomplice.

“And what would that be Retsu?” Chrysalis asked. Retsu chuckled a bit as he turned to address the Riders.

“Riders, I have a little proposition for you all,” Retsu said.

The Riders looked at each other confused before Fourze said “What is it you Foundation X bastard?”

Retsu laughed as he walked over to the five mind controlled Element bearers.

“You've lost, there's no question about it. So how about we end this quickly? You Riders will surrender yourselves and the Elements. In exchange, we will leave this battle alone for today and let Celestia and her pathetic army live,” Retsu said.

“And what if we say no?” Wizard asked. Retsu laughed as he suddenly pulled out a small device that looked like a detonator of some sort.

“If you don't, then I'm afraid your young Princess' friends will be...well I think you can guess what will happen then,” Retsu said as he opened the detonator and put a finger on the switch.

“NO!” Twilight yelled as she tried to escape the grip of Celestia. Retsu saw this and smiled smugly.

“What will it be Riders?' Retsu said as he hovered his finger over the switch. After a few moments, the Riders canceled their transformations one by one until they were all back to their civilian forms. Phillip joined them a moment later after waking up. Retsu smiled at them.

“Good. I knew you lot would see things my way,” Retsu said as he closed the detonator. He snapped his fingers, which caused Twilight's friends to transition back into their Kaijin forms as they went to restrain the Riders, taking their belts away as well. Chrysalis also returned to her normal form.

However, as they were cuffing the Riders, they heard a robotic squawking noise fill the air. Soon a large black metallic bird began flying around them before stopping above Phillip.

“The Xtreme Memory! What's that doing here?” Shotaro asked. Before anyone could react, Phillip's body became a stream of data that was sucked up into the Xtreme Memory. After Phillip was fully absorbed, the birdlike memory flew away.

“He really wasn't kidding about that being made of data thing,” Haruto said.

“After that thing!” Nazca/Rainbow Dash yelled as she began to extend her wings. Retsu however stopped the hot headed Kaijin.

“Forget about him. These two are no threat separated anyhow,” Retsu said, which left Nazca miffed.

“However, this does leave us minus a prisoner. What to do about that,” Retsu said.

“I have an idea Retsu,” Chrysalis said. She then grabbed Twilight in a magical hold and levitated her in line with the Riders.

“How about we take little Twilight here as recompense,” Chrysalis said.

“That wasn't part of the deal you bug!” Gentaro said, earning him a swift punch in the gut from Gemini.

“I have altered the terms of our agreement. Pray I don't alter them further,” Chrysalis said in a smug tone.

“Give her back! Give Twilight back!” Spike yelled as he struggled against a magical hold from Princess Luna. Shining Armor likewise had to be restrained by Celestia. Celestia and Luna stared at Chrysalis and Retsu with pure malice.

“You shan't win Chrysalis,” Luna said.

“Keep believing that Princess, it might come true,” Chrysalis said as she began to walk away.

“Just one moment Chrysalis,” Celestia said. Chrysalis paused for a moment, looking back at Celestia. The look Celestia was giving the Changeling Queen would make lesser beings wet themselves in fear.

“I don't care what sort of power Foundation X has given you, I will stop you,” Celestia said as she began to advance on Chrysalis.

“How lovely Celestia, how about you-”

“I wasn't finished. See, I'm not just going to stop you. I'm going to obliterate your entire legacy. I will rain down upon you and yours with the fury of a billion white hot suns. I will turn your very soul into a molten puddle of waste. And then I will cast that puddle into pits so deep not even Death itself will be able to find you,” Celestia said as she now came snout to snout with Chrysalis.

“Big talk Celestia,” Chrysalis said, a small bead of sweat running down her face.

“I'm over a thousand years old and I have dominion over the bucking sun. I can afford to talk big. Can you Chrysalis?” Celestia said. Chrysalis' only response was a huff as she walked back to The Exodus.

Celestia and her group watched as The Exodus took off with the Riders and Twilight in tow.

Once the ship was far enough away and she was sure they couldn't see her, Celestia fell to the ground, tears streaming her face as she screamed in anger and grief.

“CHRYSALIS!!!!!!!!!!!”




Celestia, Luna, Spike, and Shining Armor all sat in the medical ward of the XVII, wallowing in their defeat and the loss of Twilight. Shining Armor's leg had been bandaged and he now laid in one of the cots, shame and tears upon his face.

Luna cradled Spike as he softly cried and clutched Twilight's helmet against his chest. She tried her best to comfort the young drake, but his tears would not stop.

Celestia was looking down at the floor, an angry and sad look upon her face.

After the silence had gone on for what felt like forever, Celestia finally spoke.

“Captain Armor,” Celestia said.

“Yes Princess?” he said.

Celestia suddenly stood up and slapped Shining Armor, who sat there and took the hit. Luna gasped, rarely seeing her sister assault somepony else. Celestia lowered her hoof and looked at Shining Armor with disapproval.

“Just what in Tartarus were you thinking using that spell!?” Celestia yelled. Shining Armor trembled in both anger and fear.

“I was thinking that I could end that witch once and for all,” Shining Armor said.

“I did not teach you one of Starswirl's Three Great Fairy Magics, some of the most closely guarded spells in the world, so you could enact your petty revenge!” Celestia yelled. Shining Armor slammed his hoof down on the table next to him.

“Petty revenge? PETTY REVENGE!? That evil witch used me like some cheap puppet, imprisoned my wife, attacked Canterlot not once but twice now, and worst of all, she made Twilight cry!!!! Nopony does that and lives!” Shining Armor yelled.

“And what if the other Elements had been caught in your spell!? Do you really think having her friends vaporized would have made her feel better!?”

“I was trying to protect my sister!”

“NO! You were trying to prove yourself better than the Riders, and just look at where that's gotten you,” Celestia said.

“At least I didn't stand idly by as my student and fellow monarch was taken hostage by a group of monsters!?”

“STOP IT!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!!” Luna yelled in the Canterlot Voice. Both Celestia and Shining Armor quickly turned to look at Luna, who now had Spike cradled in a soundproof bubble to shield him from her voice.

“The both of you are acting like petulant foals! We realize that the loss of Young Sparkle and the Riders is difficult for everypony, but squabbling like this isn't going to help matters! Instead of fighting each other, we should be thinking of a way to get them back,” Luna said.

“I suppose that would be my cue,” a voice said. Everyone looked around to see where the voice was coming from. Finally, a bright light filled the room as Discord popped into existence.

“Discord!? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be protecting Ponyville,” Celestia said. Discord waved his paw dismissively.

“Oh those Ponyvillians can handle themselves just fine. Besides, I have somebody there should the need arise. Right now there appears to be a more pressing concern at hand given that you're now short one Princess and five Riders,” Discord said.

“How do you-”

“I'm a spirit of Chaos Celestia, I have eyes and ears everywhere,” he said. Celestia pondered this idea for a moment before she shook that disturbing thought out of her head.

“Regardless Discord, it's no use. Chrysalis and her Kaijin are too powerful. Even one of the most powerful spells in the world couldn't stop her. Without the Riders to help us, we're done for,” Celestia said in a rarely heard defeated tone.

“Now who said we were out of Riders?” Discord said. On cue, the Xtreme Memory flew into the room and floated next to Discord. It then let loose a green stream of data, which slowly formed into Phillip. Celestia, Luna, Spike, and Shining Armor sat up in shock.

“Was it really necessary for me to wait so long to appear Discord?” Phillip said, dusting himself off a bit. Discord face-palmed at Phillip's response.

“Don't you have any sense of dramatic flair boy?” Discord said.

“I always left that sort of thing to Shotaro,” Phillip said flatly.

“Phillip, you're back!” Celestia said as everyone but Shining Armor crowded around him.

“I must ask you to save the pleasantries for later Princess. Right now we need to work quickly if we're going to save Twilight and the others,” Phillip said. Everyone looked at him confused.

“How? We can't fight against her defenses without the other Riders,” Luna said. Phillip turned to Discord. They looked at each other for a moment before turning to the group and grinning like mad scientists.

“We have a plan,” Phillip and Discord said in unison.




“So that's the plan. Any questions?” Discord said. Celestia put a hoof to her face as she pondered the plan.

“Are you sure this plan will work? It seems risky,” Luna said. Discord looked at her and smiled.

“The best plans always are,” he said.

“However, if this is going to work we need everyone's cooperation. Are you all on board for this?” Phillip said. Celestia, Luna, Spike and Shining Armor pondered the plan. Despite how Discord tried to play it off, they were taking a big risk. If the plan worked, they could win this whole conflict. If it failed, they stood to lose everything.

Finally, Shining Armor spoke up.

“I'm in,” he said with a look of determination.

“Me too! We're gonna stomp those Foundation X jerks and their monsters,” Spike said.

“We are in as well. This time Chrysalis will fall,” Luna said. Discord turned to Celestia.

“Well Celestia, are you in or not?” he asked. After a few moments, Celestia nodded.

“I'm in. Not like there's much choice,” Celestia said. Discord smiled at this.

“Excellent! Well now that everypony's on board, let's get the ball rolling,” Discord said as he turned into a ball and started rolling away with Shining Armor and Luna in tow. Celestia walked over to Spike.

“You stay with Phillip at all costs. Do you understand Spike?” Celestia said to the baby dragon. Spike nodded.

“Yes Princess,” Spike said. Celestia scooped Spike up and gave him a hug.

“Be safe my little one,” Celestia said as she set Spike down, kissing him softly on the head before turning to Phillip.

“Good luck Phillip. I pray you succeed,” she said.

“Worry not Princess, we will,” Phillip said with a bow. Celestia walked up to him and gave him a hug as well. Softly, she whispered into Phillip's ear.

“Please keep Spike safe,” Celestia said.

“I will,” Phillip whispered back. Celestia broke the hug and stepped away from the two.

“Good luck,” she said as she teleported away. Phillip turned to Spike.

“Are you ready Spike?” Phillip said. Spike looked down nervously for a moment before steeling his nerves and nodding.

“Yes Phillip. Let's get these guys,” Spike said with determination. Phillip smiled at this. Phillip reached behind his back and pulled something out.

In his hands were his Cyclone Memory and a Lost Driver.

“Well then, let's get started,” Phillip said.

Author's Note:

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY..............about three weeks late......I'm slow with these things, sorry.
Anyway, yeah, I've officially been writing this story for one year. It's been crazy fun writing this story with help from BronyRanger and FriendofBronies. It's really helped me gain a new love of Kamen Rider and Toku in general.
On that same note, your slow to update author has landed himself a pretty sweet gig recently. I recently was hired on as a reviewer/content creator for a Toku fan site called Gideon Blog, a related website to Herotaku. I'm gonna start posting reviews, editorials analyzing various aspects of Tokusatsu, and generally just writing to start discussion.
I would really appreciate it if you guys checked out the site and my first article......whenever it's written.
You may now proceed to complain about my slow update rate!!
At any rate, writing reviews should be easier since I don't have to worry about the various intricacies involved in writing a story.
All right, I'm done rambling and shamelessly promotion-whoring myself. Hope you all enjoy the new chapter, have a lovely day, and stay the beautiful people you are.
Also, MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN THE USA FINALLY!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Okay, I'm done. This is BladeSpark, signing out