• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 6,503 Views, 186 Comments

Kamen Rider/MLP: Battle For Equestria - KnightBrony



The Neo-Heisei Riders are summoned to Equestria to stop Chrysalis and Foundation X from destroying Equestria. Will they succeed? Only one way to find out.

  • ...
7
 186
 6,503

Epilogue

Epilogue

On the outskirts of the Everfree laid several broken bodies of what were once Timber Wolves, their wooden remains scattered about the forest floor, hacked, slashed, burned, and blown to pieces. They were the first and only creatures to get in his way. Retsu wasn’t angry, oh no, he was furious beyond words, Chrysalis backstabbed him, and then literally stabbed him, in the gut, and that crap hurt. Luckily for him, his Kaijin/Changeling hybrid powers granted him accelerated regeneration, allowing him to close the wound before he could bleed out or die from internal damage.

When Retsu landed down below the reactor, he slipped away through a hidden panel and exited down a hallway, from there, he watched the unfolding battle back in the reactor via a control panel. As much as he hated to admit it, he was rooting for the Riders to kill that traitorous bug. Luckily, they managed to defeat her, making the Foundation X scientist pump a fist in jubilation, however, it was short-lived when he realized that their combined attack only seemed to erase her Kaijin powers. Powers he gave her.

Served her right, he thought.

He nearly screamed in rage when he saw Chrysalis fire a beam at the reactor, making it go into critical overload. Whether he liked it or not, his precious Exodus was about to go up in flames. With no other options, Retsu dashed for the nearest escape pod and jettisoned himself out of the ship. Unfortunately, he didn’t have time to type in any coordinates, he just pushed in some random numbers and let the pod do the rest. It was a rough ride as the pod jostled and rattled all the way until it impacted in the Everfree Forest. From there, Retsu was able to witness the end of the Exodus, and if he was lucky, the end of the Riders and Chrysalis. All things considered, he should’ve made his way back to the pony’s ship and attacked, no doubt they were exhausted from their battle and would most likely be easy pickings. Then again, if the Riders were still there, then they too would be exhausted, although they had a knack for pulling a victory from the jaws of defeat. In the end, Retsu believed biding his time was better.

So, he waded through the forest, which brings us to now. A couple of hours had passed and now Retsu saw his target. A quaint little village off in the distance, not too far away, just a quick fly and he’d be there. Chrysalis spoke of this village, it was called “Ponyville”, it was where Twilight Sparkle lived, along with her friends and some of their family. Retsu glanced towards where the warship the ponies flew was still hovering around Canterlot, even if they started towards the village, by the time they arrived, the town and everybody in it would be dead.

A fitting little bit of compensation, you took my ship, and my victory. So, I’ll take your home and those you love!

Retsu extended his wings and readied to take off, but then the sound of a car horn stopped him mid takeoff. The sound of a car engine roaring caught his attention as it barreled towards him from the left, Retsu jumped upwards, narrowly dodging the speeding vehicle as it skidded to a stop a few feet away. The car was a bright red color, with white racing stripes that went down the middle of the car, the top was colored black, and the spoiler on the back of the car sported two extra tires. From the driver’s side – the right side of the car – walked out a…a Kamen Rider.

The top half of his armor was the same red color as the car, the armor had a black tire running diagonally across his chest, the helmet was red and sported a spoiler on the back, with the eyes mimicking headlights, and the mesh layer was black. “You know, when I was told to patrol this area, I wasn’t expecting much since it seemed that the majority of the bad stuff was happening over there.” The Rider pointed towards where the battle had taken place. “To be honest, I was feeling bad that I wasn’t up there to help, but it seems that I get my chance after all.”

“Who in the world are you?!” Retsu demanded.

“You can call me Drive, Kamen Rider Drive.”

Retsu looked upon the rider quizzically, he had never heard of a Rider by that name, Foundation X only had information on the Riders up to Gaim, and even that one was still being researched. “Hold on, Kamen Riders drive motorcycles, since when do you drive cars?!”

“Well typically, yes, the majority of Kamen Riders do drive motorcycles, but Drive is a unique kind of Kamen Rider.”

Retsu looked around when he heard a new voice. “Who said that?”

“That would be me.”

Retsu looked down towards Drive’s waist and watched as the belt’s display seemed to change and display a kind of face. “Hello there.”

“HOLY SH–THE BELT TALKED–YOUR BELT TALKS??!!!” Retsu exclaimed in shock.

“You always seem to have that effect on people, Mr. Belt.”

Mr. Belt made a sad face. “Unfortunately.”

Despite the shock, Retsu was fascinated by this revelation, an artificial intelligence built into a Kamen Rider’s belt, it was truly astounding and unique. But as much as he wanted to try and pick apart how Drive’s belt worked, he had other plans. “Since you’re new, I’ll give you a chance to move aside.”

Drive rubbed the back of his head and said, “Hmmm, yeah, no can do. Not only as a Kamen Rider, but as a police officer, I can’t allow an attack on innocent people – er, ponies in this case.”

“Your friends up there couldn’t handle my power, what makes you think you can?!”

Drive chuckled and widened his stance. “Heh, well, I think I’ll surprise you. Ready, Mr. Belt?!”

“Okay! Start your engine!”

Retsu’s blue and red crystals glowed as he tapped into the powers of Demushu and Nazca, at the same time he summoned their respective weapons. With their powers he dashed towards Drive at breakneck speed, however, before the Kaijin Hybrid could land the first blow, Drive accelerated and dodged the blow, the sound of a race car echoed in the background as he did this. Retsu stopped, surprised that the Rider was fast enough to dodge a Kaijin as fast as Nazca, but he just wrote it off as a fluke. Retsu twirled around and sped towards Drive once again, slashing with both his swords.

However, just like before, Drive accelerated and dashed away from yet another attack. Retsu was going to attack again, but then watched as a red and black blur was moving around him at speeds he had never seen demonstrated by a Rider. Drive took advantage of Retsu’s confusion and took out a small, orange – toy-like – car from a holster on his left side. The red Rider placed the car, the Shift Car, into the brace device on his left wrist, part of the Shift Car changed into a lever, which Drive pulled once.

“TIRE KOUKAN: MAX FLARE!”

The car that Drive drove, the Tridoron’s, spoiler wheel suddenly caught fire and then launched itself towards Drive himself. The black tire around Drive’s chest dispatched itself and was replaced with a new one. It was orange in color, with flame-like spikes coming out of it, and along its side were the words “Max Flare”. Tapping into the power of his speed, Drive dashed towards Retsu, this time going on the attack. Retsu came in swinging with his blades, but Drive nimbly dodged the first sword strike, and then the second, bringing him within punching distance of Retsu. Drive’s right fist caught fire just as he punched the Kaijin Hybrid right in the chest, causing sparks to fly from Retsu’s body, the Kaijin Hybrid stumbled backwards, caught off guard by the power he had been hit with.

The assault didn’t stop, Drive pressed forward and delivered one fiery punch after the other, sending more sparks into the air with each successive hit. Retsu had had enough and transformed himself into water, Drive missed his next attack, throwing him off balance. Retsu reformed behind Drive and slashed at his back in an “X” pattern and made sparks fly off Drive’s armor.

“Oh, okay, that’s pretty sneaky,” Drive criticized.

“Whatever works, Drive!” Retsu shot back.

Retsu turned into water again and readied to attack Drive. Drive smirked under his helmet and then went into a rapid spin, fire ignited around him and kicked up a fire tornado around himself. The intense heat and pull of the tornado was burning Retsu, boiling his water form to the point that if he stayed in it any longer, he’d most assuredly evaporate into nothingness. Reluctantly, Retsu changed back into his solid form, just as Drive stopped the tornado. Seeing his target, Drive sped towards Retsu with a flaming punch, but at the last second, Retsu split down the middle, calling upon the power of the Gemini Zodiart crystal on his chest and turning himself into two Retsus.

Drive skid to a stop a few feet behind the clones and looked upon them with confusion.

“How do you like your odds now, Drive?!” they mocked.

“Don’t think you’re the only one who can do that trick, so can I.”

Drive took out the Max Flare Shift Car and replaced it with a purple Shift Car.

“TIRE KOUKAN: MIDNIGHT SHADOW!”

Just like before, the Tridoron’s back tire changed, this time becoming a misty purple before it shot off towards him. The Max Flare tire popped off and then allowed the new one to take its place. The new tire was purple in color and had spikes that made it look like a four-pointed shuriken, and just like the previous tire on the side it read “Midnight Shadow”. Drive made a hand sign and in the blink of an eye, three more Drives appeared.

“Only I can do it better.”

Retsu growled in frustration, this new Rider was able to multiply as well? Forgetting the how, Retsu charged for Drive, two of the clones met his attacks head on, catching the blades in the crook of their forearms as the Retsus brought down the Nazca blade. The Retsus prepared to attack with the Demushu blade, but the Third and Fourth Drives jumped, summoned purple energy constructs of the Midnight Shadow tire, and flung them like shuriken towards the Retsus. The shuriken struck at their wrists, making the Retsus release their swords and hiss in pain. That distraction allowed the Drives to push back on the Retsus blades, giving Drives One and Two time to form their own shuriken and throw them at the Retsus one after the other.

The damage that the two Retsus took was too much and forced them back together. The Drive clones reformed into the original, allowing him to take out Midnight Shadow and change it with a green Shift Car.

“TIRE KOUKAN: FUNKY SPIKE!”

A third tire fired off from the Tridoron, green in color. The new tire was green colored, with spikes poking out from it. Drive began dashing around Retsu, and as he did, the Funky Spike tire fired several energy spikes towards him, each spike struck Retsu from different angles, causing multiple sparks to fly from his body. Drive stopped in front of the Kaijin Hybrid, the tire began spinning rapidly and glowed green as Drive got closer and let the spikes grind at Retsu’s chest. The rapid attack sent the Foundation X scientist flying backwards onto his back.

“Shinnosuke, let’s finish this!”

“Alright!”

Drive replaced the Funky Spike Shift Car with the original red one.

“DRIVE: TYPE SPEED!”

The Funky Spike tire detached and was replaced with the black tire of Type Speed, Drive then turned the Advanced Ignition on the Driver and then pressed the Red Igniter button on the brace device on his left arm.

“HISSATSU! FULL THROTTLE: SPEED!”

Drive’s visor eyes shined bright white, the Tridoron revved up its engine as its tires squealed, launching itself towards Retsu. For a moment, Retsu thought the car was going to ram him, but the car super accelerated and turned, instead, now it circled him in a red blur. Before Retsu could figure out what was happening, Drive dashed across the battlefield and slid in, the action caused sparks to erupt from where his feet and legs made contact with the ground as Drive drop kicked Retsu, making him fly up about a foot off the ground.

Upon doing this, Drive dashed towards where the Tridoron would be, matching his timing with the Tridoron and bounced off it and straight towards Retsu. The Kaijin Hybrid was kicked from behind, from the front, the sides, right, left, back, front, Drive’s attacks came at Retsu from different angles, making it impossible for Retsu to keep up with or even defend.

Drive focused all his power into his right foot, making it glow red as he came in with a blazing red Rider Kick straight at Retsu. Upon making contact, Drive drove his foot into Retsu’s chest, both of them were carried forward by the power and force of Drive’s kick, the Kaijin Hybrid struggling to retain his form, to keep from being destroyed by this power, but it was quickly becoming a battle of attrition for him. Drive bent his right leg and then pushed off Retsu, leaving a glowing imprint of his sole on the Foundation X scientist’s chest.

“DAMN YOU…DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!”

Kamen Rider Drive flipped once in the air before landing upon the ground, watching as Retsu exploded in a fiery end a few feet away. When Drive was sure that Retsu had met his end, he deactivated his transformation.

“Nice Drive!”

The armor disappeared, revealing a man in a suit and tie, and a badge. “Well, that was certainly different.”

“Indeed, he seemed to be a combination of different monsters from what I could determine, I wonder how he achieved such a feat?”

“Better that you don’t know, probably not good for anyone to.” Shinnosuke and Mr. Belt jumped and turned around, the two of them calmed down a little when they saw that it was Discord, the being who summoned them here.

“Oh, Mr. Discord, how are things?” Shinnosuke asked.

“Nothing too serious, we won, yay team!” Confetti exploded behind Discord with a sign that read “Go Friendship!”. “And, thanks, I guess, for taking care of that little nuisance.”

“Any time, I’m just sorry we couldn’t be of more help.”

Discord waved a dismissive claw. “Eh, you were plenty helpful here. Trust me, they needed to do a whole friendship thing, and since you weren’t called here by the Elements, it wouldn’t exactly fit the story's canon. Anywho, time to go home!”

Discord snapped his claw and opened a portal back to Shinnosuke’s home dimension.

“If you ever need us,” Shinnosuke began.

“Do not hesitate to call on us,” Mr. Belt finished.

“Oh, we got things from here, good luck with those Roid things, you’re going to need it for what’s coming!”

“Wait wha–?!”

Before Shinnosuke could ask further, the portal swallowed him and the Tridoron up, leaving only the Spirit of Chaos standing in the open. Discord looked around and snapped his claws, repairing the damage to the landscape, making it look like nothing ever happened. Another snap of his claws took care of Retsu’s escape capsule and any damage he caused when he landed and when he made his way to this location.

“There, ugh, how does that Tsukasa guy make it look so easy to pluck these Riders from different dimensions?! It’s a pain in the claw to reach that far out our dimensional plane! Humph, I must be getting rusty.”

With that said, Discord teleported away to return to the ponies and assist with the clean up of Canterlot.

Till next time Rider fans!

Henshin!

Cyclone! Joker!

Ta-To-Ba! TaToBa, Ta-To-Ba!

3! 2! 1!

Flame, Please: Hi-Hi, Hi-Hi-Hi!

Soiya!

Author's Note:

Well everyone, it's finally done. After six years, it's finally done. Even though I wasn't the one to finish this story, I am more than happy to have been a part of it, despite all my bullshit that delayed the story this long.
My sincerest apologies for making all of you wait this long for the end to this story, and a HUGE thank you to Michael Ravencroft for finishing this story off way better than I could have hoped to do.
And of course, the biggest thank you to BronyRanger and FriendofBronies for thinking of this awesome idea, and being INCREDIBLY PATIENT with my lazy ass. You guys rock.
Finally, a huge thank you to all of you readers out there for sticking with this story for this long. You all are awesome, and thank you so much for going on this journey with us.

Till next time everyone, HENSHIN!

Comments ( 2 )

So as some of you may have guessed, this was the payoff to what Discord said about getting someone to watch over Ponyville back in Chapter 8; giving Drive the "early-bird cameo" he never got like all the other Phase 2 Heisei Riders.

10417386
Definitely worth the payoff there. And also, I had a thought as to the sequel of this after reading the rest of this story a second time through: What if when Chrysalis became one of the three big baddies in the series finale, she, Tirek, and Cozy Glow teamed up with the more recent Riders' biggest baddies and Twilight and the others had to summon the respective main and Secondary Riders to help them fight the new threat, along with the other main Riders that were chosen by the Elements of Harmony before?

Login or register to comment