• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 815 Views, 41 Comments

Fate's a Funny Thing - Honest Wisdom



Wisdom loves her Family, Even if they're ponies... And a Dragon... And A Draconequus. This is what happens in her New Life as Princess Twilight's Ambassador and Royal explorer.

  • ...
3
 41
 815

Setting off

"Twilight, really, you didn't have to." I blush furiously. Thank Noctus I had dark fur.

She stomped her hoof. "I insist, Besides I called in a favor from an old friend. It was the least I could do."

"An Airship!?! Sweetie, the least you could do was get me a Compass or something! Instead you give me a job and a ship!" I look up at the hulking mass of a ship, It was of the steam powered variety Black with Gold trim. We walked up the plank towards the deck. "Seriously, Discord's present was more modest than this. Now that I think about, it Rarity's was too!" I think about the Magic Mirror and fancy saddlebag. Yep, definitely more modest.

"Well I never get a reason to use the Princess card, this was a Beta test, if you will."

"I'd say it's a success." I placed a claw on my crest. "This is too much!"

"Oh pish!" She waved it off. "It belongs to the crown, You work for the Crown." She gestured to the Equestrian and Ponyvillian Flags.

"All in the name of science." I mutter. The minute I mentioned I planned to travel to far off lands in the name of Equestria she practically exploded. I was starting to wish I hadn't told her and just left. "So where's the crew?"

"Down Here!" she ran down the stairs to the cabin. I follow her down. "Hello Everypony!"

I looked around at the assortment of ponies from all three races. Including a familiar white Unicorn. "Hey, Bluebell."

"Blueblood!" He corrected.

"Whatever." I shrugged it off. "What are you doing here?"

He huffed and pointed at his Cutie Mark. "My Special Talent is cartography and navigation."

I cock my head to the side in a bird-like manner, "How'd ya get it? Ya don't seem like you get out much."

"That's none of your business." He snapped.

I rolled my eyes and turned to an Earth Pony. He had a cobalt mane with a grease stained gray coat. "Who are you and How'd you get roped into this new version of Tartarus?" I jerked my thumb (talon-thing) at Blueblood. Bluey, as he shall henceforth be referred to, just mumbled something incoherent and stomped off.

The Earth Pony chuckled. "The name's Grease Stain, I signed on looking for adventure and ended up hitched with Bluey over there..."

"Blueblood!" he shouted from the other room. Twilight giggled at the whole situation.

Grease Stain continued. "... My Special Talent is Machines."

"Cool!" I turned to a green unicorn with an orange mane. "What about you?"

"I'm the Cook, that's all ya gotta know." He rumbled. The room lapsed into an awkward silence. The rest of the crew shuffled under the tense atmosphere.

"Well," I declared to change the atmosphere. "When do we start off?"

Grease Stain cleared his throat, apparently speaking for the whole crew. "Whenever you're ready, You're the captain."

Hmm, Captain Wisdom. I like the sound of that. "Immediately," I said, straightening my posture to seem more regal. "I'd like to avoid any fanfare." I turn to Twilight. "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

She smiled weakly. "For now. We'll see each other in a year or so."

I hugged her abruptly. "Take care of Scoots. She's getting more powerful each day and I don't want her to get too far behind in her studies. Oh, and make sure Discord sticks to his training regimen, and keep me updated on Discord's and Fluttershy's relationship. And don't give Sombra too much chocolate, he'll get pudgy."

"Are you crying?" The lavender Alicorn queried.

"Maybe." I wiped the tears out of my eyes. "Just be okay."

She squeezed me back. "I could ask you the same thing."


I waved goodbye to Ponyville as it passed beneath us. Discord, Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Scootaloo flew beside us. I hugged them and they went back to their homes. I leaped over the edge and flew a few circles around the entire ship. When I touched back down on the deck Grease Stain stood waiting for me. "What was that about fanfare?"

"I wanted to see how big it was."

"That's what she said!" Some of the Crew members cried out, realizing their mistake they returned to their work very diligently.

I grinned widely. "I'm surrounded by people who understand me!"

Bluey trudged up the stairs. "I'm surrounded by heathens."

I fly over to him and grin. "Lighten up, At least they don't spontaneously burst out into song and dance."

"You foal! You jinxed it!" He cried out.

oh... flying's always been my dream! I bursted out laughing as Bluey burst into tears.