• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 815 Views, 41 Comments

Fate's a Funny Thing - Honest Wisdom



Wisdom loves her Family, Even if they're ponies... And a Dragon... And A Draconequus. This is what happens in her New Life as Princess Twilight's Ambassador and Royal explorer.

  • ...
3
 41
 815

Knighting Disaster

I dress in the silver and gold outfit Rarity made me. I look at myself in the mirror and gulp. Celestia and Luna were coming here. The diarchy of Equestria is coming to Ponyville, for me. I slap myself lightly. "Stop panicking, you met them at the party all those months ago and you didn't panic then."

I open my wings and fly down the stairs to the ballroom. The chairs were all set up for everypony to sit. I sigh and turn to make sure Sombra was staying out of trouble. "You, Gryphon!" I stop. "Yes you in the fancy outfit." I turn around to see a white stallion with golden hair. He was extremely bulky, a very false looking build, and wore a tux. "I'm looking for Princess Twilight, have you seen her."

I snort. "Who are you and why should I tell you where Twi's at?"

He stuck his nose in the air. "I am Prince Blueblood the 52nd, Nephew of Princess Celestia and Duke of Canterlot. Who are you?"

I smirk and stand on my hind legs. I place a claw on my chest and take on the most bratty voice I can conjure. "I am Warmage Honest Wisdom, daughter of Silvertail and Timid of the GoldenWing Clan, Friend to Twilight Sparkle, Personal Trainer of Discord, reformer of Sombra and future Knight of Equestria." I cracked open an eyelid. "You'll find her in the library." I fall back into the four legged stance. "Need somepony to show you where?"

"Hmph!" He stuck his nose even higher in the air. "I'm perfectly capable of finding my own way through the castle." He trotted off.

I shrugged and walked off to go find Sombra. "Where is that little trouble maker..."

"GET BACK HERE!" Twilight and Sombra turn a corner, Twi looking ready to send him to the moon.

"Ahhhh!!!! I'm the master of shadows! none can defeat me!" Sombra ran between my legs. "Save me Wisdom!"

I place a claw on Twilight's head, holding her off. "Hey Bluebutt! Found her."

"Blueblood!"

"Whatever. What did Sombra Do this time?"

Twilight's mane was a mess, she looked as though she was training for a marathon. Her coat was matted and feathers were rumpled. Her horn was lit up and the fierce look on her face told me she wasn't kidding around. I looked her right in the eye. A few minutes of a fierce battle of the wills, and the light from Twilight's horn faded. "He poured ink all over my lists and he ruined the banquet."

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

I growled. Their bickering had been constant for the past few days. it was grating at my nerves. I snapped open my wings and screeched. "Enough!" Fire exploded out of my wings and a whirl wind of air blasted through the hall.

Silence. I calmly folded in my winds and take a deep breath. "Please stop arguing. Twilight, please be the bigger mare and act like the adult. While I'm gone I can't have you explode at him like that at something as small as a list. And Sombra, I need you to stop pestering Twilight. She defeated you, deal with it. And be nice to Spike, I've noticed you bullying him. While I'm gone I want all Three of you to be as civil as possible, No sending anyone to the moon Twilight." The two folded their ears down. "Apologize."

"I'm sorry for Ruining your stuff." Sombra said.

"I'm sorry for asking the girls to blast you with the rainbow." Twilight forced.

"Good." I look around and spot Blueblood whose jaw dropped to the floor. "Let's go fix Sombra's mess." I glare at the charcoal colt. "You're helping."

"Aww."


I keep calm as I could when the sword tapped each of my shoulders and Celestia declared me a Knight of the realm. Luna pinned a medal on my Outfit. I was genuinely terrified that she'd cut me with the blade. Afterwards I scolded Sombra for Trying to trip Celestia and joined the rest at the Banquet.

The doors opened and we paused. Cake coated the walls, the tabled were turned over to make makeshift barriers, and food was being flung from either side of the room. AppleJack cackled as she wailed Rainbow with a baked potato. Luna and Celestia were chasing each other and tossing bits of food at each other. Rarity was hiding from a barrage of food. Spike smeared Sweetiebelle's face with mac and cheese.

Discord of course was laughing his flank off.

It was glorious. I grab some steamed cabbage and trow it at Discord.